ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Plan for CC Payments Affect on my BC Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smam

Payment Plan for CC Payments Affect on my BC Please Help

Post by Smam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately due to the loss of my job recently I've missed few payments on my Credit Card and Natwest Credit Card company has putted me on a payment plan which they said clearly will affect my Credit History and it'll remain on my credit file for 6 years. I haven't got no CCJs at all.

I've made more enquires regarding the payments and Natwest replied to me that even if I made the payment in full for my Credit Cards now this will remain on my credit file for 6 years which will only affect me if I wanted to apply for any future credits that's all.

My only concern is that will it affect my application for my BC as I'm looking forward to apply for my BC application in 6 months time period in the begining of September 2013 or mid September 2013 on the basis of 5 Years WP + 1 Year of ILR.

Many thanks and waiting for your useful replies.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello,

Any use ful replies on my querry please.

Many thanks and waiting for your replies.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:59 pm

AFAIK, credit history is irrelevant to determine a good citizen as long as there are no criminal court jurisdiction involved.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your useful reply.

Any more replies please any one who have come accross this kind of issue and would like to share their personal experience that would be help ful.

Many thanks and waiting for more use ful replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm

my citzenship was approved november 2012and i have been on a payment plan with my creditors for two years. i was not asked for any proof or additional documents.

dont worry, you will be fine if you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi CR001,

Many many thanks for your kind reply.

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 pm

I had the same problem. I had 2 credit cards and 2 bank accounts with overdrafts. Due to change in my personal circumstances, i had to withdraw all the money from my accounts including the overdraft and credit cards as well, because i needed the money for something urgent back home.
I went on a payment plan as well for both my 2 credit cards and 2 bank accounts, and therefore had 4 defaults on my credit file, which i was told will stay on my file for 6 years. No CCJ's though.
When i applied for my citizenship in Feb last month, i was quite worried, but got my approval within a month a few weeks ago. So, it all went fine in my case.
Hope this gives you some reassurance.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Payment plans are fine.

However , the statement below is inaccurate:
destiniation_london wrote:credit history is irrelevant to determine a good citizen as long as there are no criminal court jurisdiction involved.
Below is an extract from Annex D of the caseworker instructions which you should be aware of

"8.6 Debt
8.6.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application.
"
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 am

destiniation_london wrote:AFAIK, credit history is irrelevant to determine a good citizen as long as there are no criminal court jurisdiction involved.
If you have multiple civil judgements (ccjs) with no intention to pay or are actively bankrupt your application will likely be refused.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:17 am

Hi,

Many many thanks for your useful replies. Thanks a million for your kind help.

This forum is a blessing that's all I can say.

Good luck to every one.