ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to everybody who got ILRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs.

Wellcome to new commers.....................................................

Just reposting my time line once again...................................

Applied in 1st week of Jan 2013.................

No Biometric Request Received Until now

I was wondering, shall i write a letter to the UKBA, asking them why they are not asking for Biometric information... As its been nearly 2 months since we applied.
No acknowledgment ... Nothing so far.....................................????????

Any advice with resepect will be highly appreciated ........................

or shall i wait for more time...............??????????????????????

I m confused..................>????????????????????????????

tinayy
Newly Registered

Re: Set Protection Route

Post by tinayy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

shairee_mashriq wrote:Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering, shall i write a letter to the UKBA, asking them why they are not asking for Biometric information... As its been nearly 2 months since we applied.
No acknowledgment ... Nothing so far.....................................????????

hi,

hi,shairee_mashriq,I'm in the January club too,my time line is ,
Application Date: 08/01/2013 Received by UKBA: 09/01/2013 (next day delivery)  Acknowledgement Letter and Biometric Letter received: 15/02/2013 I have done on same day (issue dated by UKBA on 12/02/2013)  
now biometric letter is acknowledgement letter,I thank you can go to the CAB for help,they will hele you.best wishes.

doelay
Newly Registered

Re: ILR processing times

Post by doelay » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:35 am

tinayy wrote:
doelay wrote:HELLO EVERYONE,

I AM NEW user in this forum

here is my wife and I ilr set protection route application timelinesdoodoo2012

Application submitted date: 11th July 2012 by Special delivery
Biometric enrolments received: 15 Oct 2012
Biometric done: 18 Oct 2012
sent a letter to UKBA on 23 Jan 2013
Received a reply from UKBA on 29 Jan 2013
and still waiting and waiting until....
welcome,doelay,thanks for sharing your information,could you please tell us about how did homeoffie respond you?because doodoo2012 is same as you in the July Club,I thank the information is useful for doodoo2012!thank you.
hello tinayy,

Acknowledgement Letter came with Biometric letter. after waiting six months i have asked my local MP to write on behalf of ours to the home office to find in what is it happening with our cases

still no news yet...

Peterpan81

Post by Peterpan81 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

shairee_mashriq wrote:Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is variable how the Home Office Respond to Biometric invitations.
My freind applied on 17th November and go his Invitation on 24th Jan, which was 2 months and a week.
Mine took about 6 weeks.
I guess yours should be in this week or the week after; however if you look at the earlier members their letters took nearly 3 months.

Hope this will help.
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Joha
Newly Registered

Post by Joha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Timeline:

17th Jan 2013 - Applied for SET(P)
4th Mar 2013 - Biometric Letter arrived.
5th Mar 2013 - Biometric is done at Post Office.

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

Dear Friends & Peterpan

Thanks for sharing your informations with us... It was all hepful and I appreciate your hardwork in keeping this forum alive.

No news with respect to Biometric Invitation Yet................................

Just repeating my time line...

Applied in 1st Week of January 2013
I am in January 2013 Club

I have decided as the normal time for processing postal applications is 6 months. Most of the cases decided as far as this forum is concerned is between 5-6 months.

Therefore I should wait at least 3 months for the biometric invitation before writing them a letter. As postal applications are subject to massive unreasonable delays......

I did called the help line for immigration inquiries...08706067766.... I chose the option .......inquiries for biometric .... and the staff on the line took the Home office reference number and said its showing up as still processing... No biometric letter has been despatched yet...........

Suggested me to wait more as according to her its very recent application ....(Although its been more then 2 months now)
I am surprised with the staff's defination of "Recent".... is two months "Recent" application...

Anyways guys have to wait in stress.....as some of you said life is semi suspended.......................................................

Thanks for reading and please keep it up................................Cheerssssssss

Serina26

Post by Serina26 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Shairee

I find this strange as the biometric invitation was sent out to me within less than a month from the date I applied (in December). It has been nearly two months now, but I am aware that Home Office guidelines clearly stipulate that no Case Worker is allowed to spend more than 14 weeks working on an application from the date the biometric is completed. The appplication MUST be processed, and a decision MUST be made within this time frame. This is somewhat a sort of consolation for me. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, and I am sure you will receive the biometric invitation very soon, Shairee!
Serina

doodoo2012

Finally !

Post by doodoo2012 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Guys,

I am grateful to say finally my ILR has come after 8 months of stressful waiting. Below is my time line. I wish you all good luck and the long wait I suffered does not happen to anyone else as it is not EASY to wait with no communication at all from Home Office.

Application Submission = 3.7.2012
First Biometric = 20.10.2012 only me,my wife biometric went missing
Second Biometric = 22.11.2012 me again and my wife
ILR = 14.03.2012

Thank you all for your input and we might meet on a nationality forum. :D

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: Finally !

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am grateful to say finally my ILR has come after 8 months of stressful waiting. Below is my time line. I wish you all good luck and the long wait I suffered does not happen to anyone else as it is not EASY to wait with no communication at all from Home Office.

ILR = 14.03.2012

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

hi Doodoo Congratulation and best of luck for future thank
babe khyber

tinayy
Newly Registered

Post by tinayy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

ILR = 14.03.2012

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

hi Doodoo Congratulations.

doelay
Newly Registered

Post by doelay » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 pm

hi doodoo

first of all congratulation to you for your good news. I got a few queries to ask, Did you have to inform homeoffice when your wife biometric went missing? please explain a bit more details how did u ask homeoffice for another bio appointment? Did you receive your biometric card with approval of ILR?

we are still waiting for our ilr which was made on 11/07/2012 and i would say our necks are 2 inch longer than it used to be.

regards,,,,,

ILR = 14.03.2012

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

doodoo2012

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

thanks you babe_khyber and tinayy ...

doelay,

Thank you. I hope your ILR comes very soon. I know it is not easy to wait. See below answers to your questions.

Did you have to inform homeoffice when your wife biometric went missing? please explain a bit more details how did u ask homeoffice for another bio appointment?
Simply when mine turned up and my wife biometric did not I was worried and waited 2 working days after mine turned up and called them up. I told the lady on the phone my biometric arrived and my wife's did not. she said it has been sent out same time if you have not received it I will request new one. So she did. After 4 weeks my wife biometric came.

Did you receive your biometric card with approval of ILR?
I only received the BRP cards nothing else.

I hope this helps.

Warmest wishes,

Doodoo

tinayy
Newly Registered

Post by tinayy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:19 pm

hi all。any good news,any updates?

sunshine0101
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine0101 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:00 pm

[quote="tinayy"]hi all。any good news,any updates?[/quote]

Hi tinayy,

no news from me.

does anyone has an email address that we can send our requests to? my employer wants to send me to a business trip to Europe which is related to the project that I'm working on. I want to see if they would consider this to process the application quicker. But I dont know which address to write to. Can anyone help?

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am

Dear Friends and espcially Doodooo

Congratulations on receiving your ILR Doodoo after all that long wait.

No news on my end....

Applied on set protection route in Jan 2013
Refugee Leave expiring on end of January 2013.
No Biometric Notification since Jan 2013 first week its more then 2 months 2 weeks....

Its been said several times on this forum that nowdays we don't receive any acknowledgement letters from UKBA.

But recently while looking on UKBA website...I found this leaflet which has some information for applicants applying through set protection route.
From my little understanding they should be sending us an ackoweldgement within 7 working days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ction1.pdf

Any commets from members of this forum on why all applicants are not receiving any acknowledment within 7 working days of making the applications.

I hope Penterpan, serina, and all members of January 2013 club are fine and will keep updating us if there are any updates.

Cheers... and thanks for all your contributions for running this forum.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 pm

shairee_mashriq wrote:Dear Friends and espcially Doodooo

Congratulations on receiving your ILR Doodoo after all that long wait.

No news on my end....

Applied on set protection route in Jan 2013
Refugee Leave expiring on end of January 2013.
No Biometric Notification since Jan 2013 first week its more then 2 months 2 weeks....

Its been said several times on this forum that nowdays we don't receive any acknowledgement letters from UKBA.

But recently while looking on UKBA website...I found this leaflet which has some information for applicants applying through set protection route.
From my little understanding they should be sending us an ackoweldgement within 7 working days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ction1.pdf

Any commets from members of this forum on why all applicants are not receiving any acknowledment within 7 working days of making the applications.

I hope Penterpan, serina, and all members of January 2013 club are fine and will keep updating us if there are any updates.

Cheers... and thanks for all your contributions for running this forum.
shaire mashriq don`t worry since 29 feb 2012 the home office stoped acknowledgement letter on set protection route should you receive biometrics letter in coming week or next week there is mansion acknowledgement as well when i was waiting for biometrics i have received 2 month and 1 week after submittied application that is why I think you will be very soon receive biometrics letter.
best wishes
babe khyber

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route 2013

Post by shairee_mashriq » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Dear friends:

Today I think its my day as its just me posting messages on the forum.

Anyways like to have some comments on the following information, pleae shed some light on it as I am going to call immigration bearue on monday 25th March 2013. But like to have your feedback on it if possible.

1. On the set protection form version 04/12, on the page 22, in point number 19. It says as following.

Why do applicants over 5 years old have to give their fingerprints?
19. The law states that everyone over 5 years old must provide their fingerprints when applying for a Biometric Residence Permit.

2. Now after you have read this I will like to put some light on the following page which is from UKBA website. please open the following link.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... -need-brp/

On this page you will come across the following information.

What happens when you enrol your biometric information?

Enrolling your biometric information is a quick and clean process. We photograph your face digitally, then you put your fingers on a glass screen to be scanned. There is no ink or mess.

The process takes less than 5 minutes.

We are aware of the need to protect applicants' dignity, privacy and modesty. There will be special arrangements for applicants where needed.

Children aged under 6 years old do not need to provide their fingerprints.

Children aged under 16 years old must be accompanied by a 'responsible adult' to reassure them and ensure that they understand the process. A responsible adult is their parent or guardian, or another person aged 18 years or over who takes responsibility for the child.

Now my question is one of my child is over 5 years and less then 6 years.

I have followed the guidelines given on the form by giving an adults detail who is going to accompany my child for biometric information.

I was just thinking which information i shall rely on, the gerneral information or the information given on the application form???????????????????????????????????????????

Can we have the moderator or senior members of this forum to comment on. As it might be an error on my understanding.........As long delay and constant argument with my employer with respect to proving my right to work in U.K has drained my analytical approaches to the matter.

Looking forward for any comments or feed back or anybody in the same boat.

man2013
Newly Registered

Post by man2013 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:56 am

Hello everybody

I am new to this site and I'd like to share my timeline:

Applied : 06 /11/ 2012
Biometrics received : 11/01/2013 done the same day
ILR approved: 14/03/2013
Document received 18/03/2013

I have aquestion and I need your advice, I want to renew my travel document which was just for five years, so when apply for a new one do I need a professional person to sign my photos and complete section 9 ?? I really need your help .

Thank you and I hope all of you get your ILR soon,

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

re travel document countersignment

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 am

man2013 wrote:Hello everybody

I have aquestion and I need your advice, I want to renew my travel document which was just for five years, so when apply for a new one do I need a professional person to sign my photos and complete section 9 ?? I really need your help .

yes affcourse you need to find someone who are meet the professional criteria and now taking long time to decide application I think this information will be helpfull for you.
best wishes
babe khyber

RanaJi
Newly Registered

Travel Documents Application

Post by RanaJi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Man2013,

Yes u need to fill section 9. Fill the form and take it to any solicitor they will sign it and your photo too. Send original BRP and ILR letter and old Travel Document. I applied for Travel Docs on start of 02- 2013 and received acknowledgment letter after week .Fee is around
£72.50.

man2013
Newly Registered

Re: re travel document countersignment

Post by man2013 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
man2013 wrote:Hello everybody

yes affcourse you need to find someone who are meet the professional criteria and now taking long time to decide application I think this information will be helpfull for you.
best wishes
babe khyber
Thank you babe khyber for your reply.

man2013
Newly Registered

Re: Travel Documents Application

Post by man2013 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm

RanaJi wrote:Hi Man2013,

Yes u need to fill section 9. Fill the form and take it to any solicitor they will sign it and your photo too. Send original BRP and ILR letter and old Travel Document. I applied for Travel Docs on start of 02- 2013 and received acknowledgment letter after week .Fee is around
£72.50.
Thank you Rana Ji for your reply. how long it take to get your travel document ?

Taks
Newly Registered

Hie all

Post by Taks » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 am

Application received by Home office on 04/11/2012
Biometric letter received on 08/01/13
Biometrics done on 10/01/13
ILR received on 22/03/13
Applied four months b4 expiry of my stay and granted ILR a day after expiry of my stay. Good luck to all of you. Thanks.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

Taks wrote:Application received by Home office on 04/11/2012
Biometric letter received on 08/01/13
Biometrics done on 10/01/13
ILR received on 22/03/13
Applied four months b4 expiry of my stay and granted ILR a day after expiry of my stay. Good luck to all of you. Thanks.
What is your immigration status before ILR did you applied in the set protection route or other Category? In my limited knowledge if you are refugee then you are not allowed to appliy before more then 28 days that is my point please clearifiy what is your situation. I think i will be heard from you soon thx.
best wishes
babe khyber

shairee_mashriq

Set Protection Route

Post by shairee_mashriq » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:16 am

Congratulations to everybody who have received their ILRSssssssssssssssss.

Thanks for babe_kyber for your support and constant contributions to this forum even after receiving your ILR.

I am afraid nobody has commented on my concern given in my previous messages on page 25 regarding the child's age for biometric information.

Now really shocked to learn from Taks that he made an application 4 months before the expriy date of his exisiting limited leave to remain. As far as the rules are concerend you can not apply until its month leave remaining on your exisiting leave. ???????????????????

Please correct me if i m wrong....but i cann't believe it worked liked that....But still congrautlations Taks for getting your ILR... Probably a point for all of us to have a lesson from your experience.

Do you mind to advise us what made you to apply four months earlier or you had some exceptional circumstances under which UKBA allowed such application..............................

thanks for your contributions.

Cheers.......................................