ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10YR LONG RESIDENCY IRL - UNSURE OF VACATION EXIT UK DATES

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raimon
Newly Registered

10YR LONG RESIDENCY IRL - UNSURE OF VACATION EXIT UK DATES

Post by raimon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I am preparing to apply for 10yr Long Residency IRL but I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to despite searching for past posts. I have stayed in the UK lawfully for 10 years and never been away for more six months at any one time and never overstayed my visas.

I have only left UK throughout the 10 years period on personal holidays and I do not believe I have spent a total of 18 months outside the UK. I would like to make sure before applying so I tried to go through my passport to calculate the dates but there are only entrance stamps when entering the UK. There are no exit stamps and there isn't any entrance stamp when entering my home country when I leave the UK for vacation back to my home country. I did not know to keep old flight tickets from many years ago but I tried to look for flight itineraries sent via emails and was able to obtain the more recent travel dates. However, the old dates of my UK exit for vacation are still unknown.

Would it be a problem applying to the 10 yr ILR without knowing my date of exit for the vacations outside UK? I can only provide estimates based on memories at best.

Does applying for SAR show any exit dates of UK?

Please advise.
Last edited by raimon on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

raimon
Newly Registered

Post by raimon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 am

Please, I would be grateful if anyone has any insight into this.

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 am

raimon wrote:Please, I would be grateful if anyone has any insight into this.
have you not got entry/exit stamp from destination country?Normally they stamp at the back of visa vignette. SAR normally include first landing card details. You can write to the best of your memories and enclose a covering letter explaining this.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

raimon
Newly Registered

Post by raimon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Graceofgod wrote:
raimon wrote:Please, I would be grateful if anyone has any insight into this.
have you not got entry/exit stamp from destination country?Normally they stamp at the back of visa vignette. SAR normally include first landing card details. You can write to the best of your memories and enclose a covering letter explaining this.
There has not been any entry/exit stamp in my passport for the home country that I usually go back for holidays. Hence, I can only find entry stamp back in the UK only.
So it sounds like SAR would not provide the exit details that I was hoping for. If I write down the dates of exit to the best of my memory only, I wonder if this would give them a reason to reject my ILR? I am pretty sure I didn't leave the UK for a total of 18 months in the 10 year period but if its just by memory, isn't it quite easy for others that have left the UK for MORE than 18 months to put in a lower number of days in their application?