ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khanjaan

Re: hi

Post by khanjaan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:06 pm

z18runway wrote:
khanjaan wrote:Guys Alhamdulilah
I got news from my solicitor that they recieve my documents back with passport and ILR Grant letter .And Biometric card to follow .
Very happy guys i cant explain how happy i am .
Inshallah all you guys will get soon my pray for all of you .
Thanks for all your support .
Love you all.
congrats khanjaan, what about your wife visa ? has she got it, any info, because iam in same situation
My time line is.Date of app: 08/08/12
Acknowledgement letter: 16/08/2012
Invite for bio-metric: 7/11/12
Bio-metric enrolled: 08/11/12
Documents received: 13/03/13
ILR approval date Bio Card: 14/03/13
Still waiting for my wife Visa her time line is .
21/09/12 application sent.
08/12/12 Bio Invite
10/12/12 Bio done.
Still waiting for Bio card and documents for my wife.
My solicitor saying that she will send my Biocard .

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ppycrmt

Application Time

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Can someone please tell me the time scale for the 10 year ILR who has already done their BRP?

Basically I have already received my BRP (currently on post study work visa) and I am going to apply for my ILR in July 2013. What will the application time scale be? I am reading now that it can take up to 9 months? What is UKBA doing?

Is this only a postal application?

Many thanks in advance.

Ged

Re: Application Time

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Can someone please tell me the time scale for the 10 year ILR who has already done their BRP?

Basically I have already received my BRP (currently on post study work visa) and I am going to apply for my ILR in July 2013. What will the application time scale be? I am reading now that it can take up to 9 months? What is UKBA doing?

Is this only a postal application?

Many thanks in advance.
Checking the sky-drive file will sober you up;
http://sdrv.ms/WXJG4L

Yes it generally does take between 6 to 9 months. I do not believe having done your biometric already will matter.

tapi98
Newly Registered

Wait Finally Over

Post by tapi98 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

I have just received my BRP Settlement.Dated 12-03-2013 Settlement Granted. Haven't received my approval letters yet and my other Documents.
Thanks be to God.
Another chapter Closed.
Thank you all
Will post my timeline.
Regards Tapiwa

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residancy

Post by saanju9 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:Because of financial problem I am going to withdraw from university.
What do you mean by withdraw? have you got any outstanding fee to pay every month or so?
There are many ways to uphold them by speaking to the National Union Students and get some grace time by explaining your financial situation (Only to buy some time). Once you get your decision, you can openly declare that its beyond your affordability to continue with your studies.
malavan1234 wrote:1. If I do withdraw from university, would it effect on my ILR decision?
NO
malavan1234 wrote:2. What will happen to my wife situation if I do withdraw from university? As I wanted to apply FLR(M) for her as soon as I get my ILR!
Personally I think, you shouldn't risk withdrawing from the University until/unless you make your wife's FLR(M). As some universities are more adamant about reporting to the UKBA as soon as a change has triggered. If this happens then your wife's previous stay would be void and she might be asked to re-apply for an EC rather than FL, again bear in mind that she'd risk getting considered under the new rules...So think twice and act wise...
Yes I do agree with Damanishallo...

Not worth risking... Universities cannot stop you from attending classes, writing you CW / giving exams for not paying fee... the only thing they can do is to block your facilities like blackboard and library..

So the only financial problem you would have is to buy a train/bus ticket to the uni (if its not in walking distance)...

The universities these days has obligations of notifying the UKBA within 2 to 3 weeks of you not attending classes and that will affect ure wife's application... you could be lucky not getting done but thats the risk you might take if your financial situation is really worse...

syrbag
Newly Registered

Post by syrbag » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

ILR 10 years
Approved
sent 31/08/2012
Acknw 5/9/2012
Bio 20/10/2012
Approval letter and documents 14/3/2013
Bio card-waiting

I called HO yesterday afternoon and they said incomplete. I supposed they completed later in the day. best wishes to those waiting, good forum

z18runway

Re: hi

Post by z18runway » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

khanjaan wrote:
z18runway wrote:
khanjaan wrote:Guys Alhamdulilah
I got news from my solicitor that they recieve my documents back with passport and ILR Grant letter .And Biometric card to follow .
Very happy guys i cant explain how happy i am .
Inshallah all you guys will get soon my pray for all of you .
Thanks for all your support .
Love you all.
congrats khanjaan, what about your wife visa ? has she got it, any info, because iam in same situation
My time line is.Date of app: 08/08/12
Acknowledgement letter: 16/08/2012
Invite for bio-metric: 7/11/12
Bio-metric enrolled: 08/11/12
Documents received: 13/03/13
ILR approval date Bio Card: 14/03/13
Still waiting for my wife Visa her time line is .
21/09/12 application sent.
08/12/12 Bio Invite
10/12/12 Bio done.
Still waiting for Bio card and documents for my wife.
My solicitor saying that she will send my Biocard .
thanks for your reply

xixiberyl
Newly Registered

Re: An Update on 10 Yr LR Spouse

Post by xixiberyl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:New Update for spouses of 10 Yr LR ILR Applicants.

One of my best friend happen to attend the PEO appointment yesterday at Croydon and has been informed that if the spouse has enough leave to remain after the main applicant got his ILR issued then the Spouse of such applicant need not switch to FLR(M) before applying for SET(M) (As believed earlier) and can rather make SET(M) application directly.

The unfortunate thing is this is just a word of mouth and nothing has been given on paper.

So my advise is for all those who are in similar situation to take both SET(M) & FLR(M) applications along with you and hand in the SET(M) instead. Having said this, you need to have some courage to explain this to the so called qualified CSA/Supervisors to get over the unnecessary FLR(M) saving around £561 or in the worst case £861.

I know some members like Mr Khall may feel like they've been deceived when asked to pay a huge amount of £861. My request for such members is to fight back and see if you can get your money back as you've got nothing to lose.

Tip of the trick is to hand in SET(M) application.

I am the silent reader for a while, May I ask you, when I book the appointment, which catalog should I choose? FLR(M) or SET(M)?
If I book SET(M) directly, I have to take the risk, is it?

Many thanks for the suggestion!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skip FLR(M)

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:11 pm

xixiberyl wrote:I am the silent reader for a while, May I ask you, when I book the appointment, which catalog should I choose? FLR(M) or SET(M)?
My personal suggestion is to book an appointment for SET(M). But as suggested earlier take both forms with you. Worst come to worst, you'd end up getting both applications processed.

I remember last year in december Mr Hello32 went to the PEO to get his wife's FLR (M) to which the case worker suggested to apply for SET(M) once she crosses her qualifiying period as she had enough leave to qualify for ILR. Because that was the first time ever such thing happened even some gurus on this forum thought the case worker was wrong.

Recently, we had a similar case of Mr Punjabis who managed to get his wife's ILR with FLR (M) and now I had an almost first hand news from my best friend that, one can go for ILR without FLR (M) provided, they have enough leave and had completed their 2yrs qualifying period.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:21 am

Is this a real worry for PSW & Student dependants.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
I wish all such 10yr LR applicants get their decisions before 6th April.
Skydrives, Templates

xixiberyl
Newly Registered

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by xixiberyl » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:10 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
xixiberyl wrote:I am the silent reader for a while, May I ask you, when I book the appointment, which catalog should I choose? FLR(M) or SET(M)?
My personal suggestion is to book an appointment for SET(M). But as suggested earlier take both forms with you. Worst come to worst, you'd end up getting both applications processed.

I remember last year in december Mr Hello32 went to the PEO to get his wife's FLR (M) to which the case worker suggested to apply for SET(M) once she crosses her qualifiying period as she had enough leave to qualify for ILR. Because that was the first time ever such thing happened even some gurus on this forum thought the case worker was wrong.

Recently, we had a similar case of Mr Punjabis who managed to get his wife's ILR with FLR (M) and now I had an almost first hand news from my best friend that, one can go for ILR without FLR (M) provided, they have enough leave and had completed their 2yrs qualifying period.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I am still waiting for my ILR, and will let you know what is going on.

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:23 am

Please someone update the spreadsheet

BRP Card Rcvd - 15th March (dated 13th of March )
Documents = still waiting

Is this normal?

inception
Newly Registered

Post by inception » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 pm

congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(

Hyper-PK

ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:20 pm

inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
No bro,,,no luck so far,,,,,I think its a pick and choose style game (from UKBA) ,,,,so not that lucky in my entire life...still waiting.. :D :D

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Oops - just checked and also got my PP with all the docs (dated 13th of March as well) - please can someone update the spreadsheet

It has been great being part of this forum and I wish you all the best in your ILR apps

Such huge relief

smshad

Post by smshad » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi,

This is not a new rule, it is already in place. I read it last year and posted on forum as well.

In fact I contacted UKBA for my wife's status and checked with them and they said that becasue PSW/FRESH TALENT/SEGS etc and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement.

My interpretation was that they can switch but can not amalgamate their stay.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#746749

But I am glad that my wife spent 1 year as Fresh Talent dependant and three as Tier -1 General dependant so she has completed required 2 years.
Take care,
Shad.
Damanisshallo wrote:Is this a real worry for PSW & Student dependants.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
I wish all such 10yr LR applicants get their decisions before 6th April.

inzi2k

Re: ILR

Post by inzi2k » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:29 pm

[quote="Hyper-PK"][quote="inception"]congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :([/quote]

No bro,,,no luck so far,,,,,I think its a pick and choose style game (from UKBA) ,,,,so not that lucky in my entire life...still waiting.. :D :D[/quote]

No news, Still Waiting for ILR.............

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:31 pm

inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
Hi All

I am still waiting, I applied via a solicitor and checked with him, haven't heard anything back from the UKBA. He said that the UKBA 6 months guideline sometime starts from the date of biometric enrollment (no idea why). I've asked my university to called them last month (around the 6 month limit). The uni said to me that they haven't even started looking into my case yet (because no case worker was assigned). I called them again myself. Same answer as you expect.

I have already lost a few job offers, lucky for me i got a part time job for now. Most people life are on hold, can't plan for future. On the other hand, since dealing with UKBA, I've found that my home country gov is actually pretty efficient :lol:

Good luck to us all....

mp1254
Newly Registered

Post by mp1254 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Application date:3/8/2012
Acknowledgement letter: 15/8/2012
Brp enrolled:8/11/2012
Approval:14/03/2013
Brp recieved:18/03/2013

Thank you guys for your help and support.
Last edited by mp1254 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:30 pm

After contacting my MP about my 6 months old application last week, today, he responded me with a letter. Apparently the BA told him that they were too busy. They have been so busy that they are still dealing with June/ July applications and my early September application is expected to be dealt with within 8 more weeks (which might be some interest to other September applicants).

If we try to ignore the significant bulls..t factor in this BA response, I am happy to have at least some kind of update about my application. However, a few people applied well after me got their responses already which makes BA response rather unreliable. Beyond this, they are simply not commenting about the details of individual applications.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Template to UKBA Complaint

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Please feel free to use this template, which I've found on google. Sounds good though so added to the sky-drive.

Skydrive Template to make a complaint to UKBA
Skydrives, Templates

mhp_uk
Newly Registered

Post by mhp_uk » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for ILR after my Work Permit/Tier 1 combo via post

Application Date - 07-09-2012
Acknowledgement Letter - 11-09-2012
BRP Enrolled - 8-12-12

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm

mhp_uk wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for ILR after my Work Permit/Tier 1 combo via post

Application Date - 07-09-2012
Acknowledgement Letter - 11-09-2012
BRP Enrolled - 8-12-12
Did you applied under 10 Yr LR Route or Economical Route?
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I lost it with UKBA over the phone today! Its been 7 months now and no response. I even spoke to a supervisor who said that the application is not complete and I have to wait! I said: I know its not completed thats why I am calling you! Please dont be robotic and provide me with a individual answer.

I have also written to my MP...he is a Tory...dunno if he would really want to help?

Can I go to Liverpool and protest outside the UKBA office?

I am losing it....I havent seen my daughter and wife for 7 months now!