ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT FOR DAUGHTER OF NON-EEA SPOUSE WITH RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT FOR DAUGHTER OF NON-EEA SPOUSE WITH RC

Post by MarksGrace » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi I got my RC last dec 2012 as an unmarried partner of an eu citizen... we got married last Feb. 2013 and right now I am in the Philippines for a holiday while my husband is in the UK... I have a 12 year old daughter from a previous relationship and she is using her fathers' last name (we weren't married)... We would like to bring her to the UK in Feb. 2014 so she and her half brother can grow up together... my questions are:

1. When do I have to file her FP application
2. Do we need to go to the British embassy here in the Philippines to file the application while I'm here or can it be done by post after I go back to London in June and have my mother go with her.
3. How long does it usually take for FPs to be granted

Thank you very much!!! :D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT FOR DAUGHTER OF NON-EEA SPOUSE WITH RC

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 pm

MarksGrace wrote:Hi I got my RC last dec 2012 as an unmarried partner of an eu citizen... we got married last Feb. 2013 and right now I am in the Philippines for a holiday while my husband is in the UK... I have a 12 year old daughter from a previous relationship and she is using her fathers' last name (we weren't married)... We would like to bring her to the UK in Feb. 2014 so she and her half brother can grow up together... my questions are:

1. When do I have to file her FP application
2. Do we need to go to the British embassy here in the Philippines to file the application while I'm here or can it be done by post after I go back to London in June and have my mother go with her.
3. How long does it usually take for FPs to be granted

Thank you very much!!! :D
1. You can fill in an application up to three months before date of intended travel and the family permit will be valid for six months (check UKBA for latest info).
2. There will be a visa application centre in the Philippines.
3. As soon as possible, in practice around three weeks.

You would need to demonstrate that you are the mother of the child married to an EU citizen living in the UK.