ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Yrs of Sleepless nights,Getting Redy Doc checklist ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

fomsand1

After Yrs of Sleepless nights,Getting Redy Doc checklist ILR

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi all; Moderators, Guru's Members of Standing, Senior members and Junior Members like me :D ,

My countdown has started and I was wondering if I can get a final advice/document checklist for me and my wife's application for ILR due on the 15th of April from the good peoples of this forum.

VISA STATUS:

Tier 1 G: 2008-2010 (Two years)
Tier 1 G 2010-2013- (Three years)- Received using income from both employed and Self employed earnings

THE SITUATION:

I'm claiming income from two sources; parmanent employement and self employement activities- Not Limited company, I work freelance as a credit controller ( although for only one company) and have been doing this since 2009 to date. I have been registered with HMRC since I became self employed in 2009 and have my UTR number.For the financial year 2010/2011 and 2011/20012, I didnt pay any Class 2 NIC as my self employed earnings where below the threshhold required for one to pay Class 2 NIC and I have a certificate of exemption from HMRC for this. However, this financial year 2012/2013, I earned over the thresh hold and had to contact HMRC to advise them of this. They worked out how much I should pay, sent me the payment details by post and I've now paid what I owe in Class 2 NIC for the whole year (even though I can pay £2.60 a month, I just wanted to clear it off so I'm not indebted to them).
I have a three year old UK born son, but dont wish to apply ILR for him at the moment as he is entitled to British Citizenship by registration using MN1, and to be honest saves me some dough too :) (probably £492, which is the difference between applying for ILR for him and registering him as BC via MN1)

DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION:

1) Filled out completed SETO form (for me and my wife)
2) 4x Passport Photos
3) 2 x passport for me and my wife
4) Employed Earnings:
a- 12 Months Salary Slips
b- 12 Month Bank statement, showing/highlighting salary payements
c- 5 years P60
d-Letter from HR confirming absences/leave (As per new rules W.E.F
6th of April)
5) Self Employed Earnings:
a-Letter from Accountant confirming Gross/Net pay from SE actitivies
b-HMRC Self assesment, confirming total incomes from SE and
employed earnings ( as I would have made my tax returns on the
5th of April so will have this doc. to hand as proof)
c- Bank statement confirming/highlighted credits for all self
employed activities for my business year.
d- Class 2 NIC contribution bill/Payment receipts
e- Accountants ACCA certifications etc.

CO- HABITATION DOCUMENTS:

4x electricity bills for British Gas, 2 for 2011 and 2 for 2012 all in joint names

2x Council tax bill for 2011 and 2012, both in joint names

2 x voters registration one in 2010 and one in 2011 one two for me and two for my missus

1x Joint account statement for 2012

2 x Payslips in my wifes name.

1x Tenancy agreement.

So Ladies and Gents, this is all I have managed to gather towards our ILR application in exactly 4 weeks and 4 days from today. Please can you help go through the checklist and point out anything I'm missing out please guys. After years of sleepless nights, its all going to boil down to these coming weeks to the 15th of April. I will most definitely update you guys on the outcome.

Your advice is much appreciated, many thanks

fomsand1

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:14 pm

45 views and no reply?

Its funny how people reply quickly to success stories when they need info and not when one request for information or advise.

:wink:

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Looked through, and can confirm you have everything needed to pull this through. For co-habitation, were you married before you got your initial T1 (G) visa? If that is the case, you don't need to show documentation for co-hab. This was my experience.

As long as your salary meets the requirement, then you are absolutely fine.

Don't forget to add your Life in UK test result.

Good luck
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Adojay wrote:Looked through, and can confirm you have everything needed to pull this through. For co-habitation, were you married before you got your initial T1 (G) visa? If that is the case, you don't need to show documentation for co-hab. This was my experience.

Good luck
Are you correct about this ? As I started to think about my ILR (next year in March 2014) and was married before applying for T1G initial visa (applied for my dependents along-with me although they came to UK 7-month later in Nov 2009);

The issue is: according to my understanding we need to show at-least 6 different types of documents for co-habitation and I don't have that much for this. As I entered her name in bills couple of months ago and she was in my house renting contract once only in 2010. So maximum I can arrange 4 types of document covering full 2+ years. Is this fine ?

Thanks in advance and best of luck for OP.

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

I got couple of questions after reading your post.

1)Since P60 is issued after April 5th, Are the P60s from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012?

2) Since the fee is going to change from April 6th, there is a high chance that the a new set(O) form version will be released in few days.

3)LIUK certificates for you and your wife is not in the list.

4) Copies of all documents

5) It is good to give work sheets for the absences from UK and the earnings details.

I am not an expert so i haven't validated the list mentioned below.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Adojay,

Thanks a million for your response. No, we where not married when I got my Tier1 visa so I guess we will still require Co-hab docs.

Lol!, thanks for reminding me to add our LIUK test cert. :) I almost forgot that one.

Please, dont mind if I ask, did you apply under the same circumstance as me? ie using incomes from employed and self employed earnings? If so, what what was the structure of your self employed business operation? was it contractor (without Ltd coy) or did you use a limited coy structure?

I cant wait to lay my hands on those BRP cards after the 15th of April!, I will take a long 2 weeks break, travel to my home country (warmer climes there) to relish the moment and calm down all nerves that have been tensed since the past two years. Trust me, I have had slepless nights over this ILR issue since the past two years. Suprised I havent been diagnosed with high BP.

Thanks very much for your time and advise

Regards

fomsand1

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm

fslateef wrote:
Adojay wrote:Looked through, and can confirm you have everything needed to pull this through. For co-habitation, were you married before you got your initial T1 (G) visa? If that is the case, you don't need to show documentation for co-hab. This was my experience.

Good luck
Are you correct about this ? As I started to think about my ILR (next year in March 2014) and was married before applying for T1G initial visa (applied for my dependents along-with me although they came to UK 7-month later in Nov 2009);

The issue is: according to my understanding we need to show at-least 6 different types of documents for co-habitation and I don't have that much for this. As I entered her name in bills couple of months ago and she was in my house renting contract once only in 2010. So maximum I can arrange 4 types of document covering full 2+ years. Is this fine ?

Thanks in advance and best of luck for OP.
I am 99.9% sure of what I am writing about. You don't need to show co-habitation docs if you were already married and applied for your T-1 (G) visa before arriving the UK. When I applied for ILR, I had all the co-hab docs, and the CW did not ask for them. Before I left after been successful, I asked why she didn't want to see them, and was given the reason I just wrote earlier.

That is what this forum is all about, trade information.

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Adojay,

Thanks a million for your response. No, we where not married when I got my Tier1 visa so I guess we will still require Co-hab docs.

Lol!, thanks for reminding me to add our LIUK test cert. :) I almost forgot that one.

Please, dont mind if I ask, did you apply under the same circumstance as me? ie using incomes from employed and self employed earnings? If so, what what was the structure of your self employed business operation? was it contractor (without Ltd coy) or did you use a limited coy structure?

I cant wait to lay my hands on those BRP cards after the 15th of April!, I will take a long 2 weeks break, travel to my home country (warmer climes there) to relish the moment and calm down all nerves that have been tensed since the past two years. Trust me, I have had slepless nights over this ILR issue since the past two years. Suprised I havent been diagnosed with high BP.

Regards

fomsand1
Unfortunately, am not familiar with self-employed scheme.

As for all the good things you will do when you get it, don't worry you will only cherish it for a moment before you start talking about the next level. There will be no rest until you get your hands on the British Passport (that's if you want it).
Last edited by Adojay on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Vince Lombardi

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi ilr_appln,

thanks for your reply, yes the P60 will cover the periods 2008, 2009, 2010,2011 and 2012 and exclude 2013.

You're right, SETO form will change after 6th of April, so I will have to fill out another one before I attend PEO on the 15th

I will include the LIUK test cert and copies of all documents for submission, I almost missed out that one. LOL!

Please, can you confirm what you mean by "work sheets for the absences from UK and the earnings details"? My understanding here is that from the 6th of April all Tier 1 G applicants in parmanent employment will only be required to provide a letter from their employee detailing any absences and not earning details, are earning details not meant to be provided by WP/Tier2 holders older?

Regards

fomsand1

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks very much Adojay

:D

Regards

fomsand1

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Adojay wrote: I am 99.9% sure of what I am writing about. You don't need to show co-habitation docs if you were already married and applied for your T-1 (G) visa before arriving the UK. When I applied for ILR, I had all the co-hab docs, and the CW did not ask for them. Before I left after been successful, I asked why she didn't want to see them, and was given the reason I just wrote earlier.

That is what this forum is all about, trade information.
Thanks for sharing details :)

Also just for clarity, how many types of documents are enough to prove co-habitation ?

Thanks

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Regarding Worksheets for absences and earnings:

It is just a sheet to help the caseworker to validate your absences. For instance, a sheet with date of departure, arrival, number of days outside uk, page number of the entry/exit stamps in the passport, purpose of travel.

Earnings sheet.
A list with Month, Pay Date, Credited to Bank Account on, Gross Salary, Net Salary.

These worksheets are optional. It is only help to the caseworker.

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi,

Can you share whether you did a single booking with dependants or separate booking.

I managed to find separate booking for me and my wife on the same day/same slot. But worried whether they might accept as i did not find any appointment by giving dependants 1.

Regards
Anandh.B

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:31 pm

@Ilr_appln, Yes you're right this makes perfect sense. Well noted.

@annandh79, I managed to get slot for main applicant + 1 dependant on the 15th but it was a reall struggle I must tell you. I'm not sure about your case, but I've seen instances on this forum where a main applicant couldnt get slot for dependant and ended up booking two seperate slots for both of them, and upon getting to the PEO their application was treated as one application. There are numerous instances like this on this forum.

I would suggest you try looking for a single slot for you and your dependant, and if you dont get, just take the risk and go as you've booked The worst that could happen is that they will ask your dependant to wait till your application is confirmed and successful, then they will procced with theirs.

Regards

fomsand1

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm

I am 99.9% sure of what I am writing about. You don't need to show co-habitation docs if you were already married and applied for your T-1 (G) visa before arriving the UK. When I applied for ILR, I had all the co-hab docs, and the CW did not ask for them. Before I left after been successful, I asked why she didn't want to see them, and was given the reason I just wrote earlier.

Any reference from UKBA please?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Adojay,

Regards

fomsand1
No more sleepless nights. Please consult your GP before PEO appointment. Just relax . Good Luck with your ILR. You have more than enough documents to just sail through.