ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

clubcard2002
Newly Registered

Post by clubcard2002 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm

July 12, approved ILR!

Application type: ILR Set O 10 year residence route [but also ticked 14y]
Applied 05/07/12
Biometric letter received 15/09/12
Biometric done 18/09/12
Contacted MP to expedite, reasons app taken more than 7months, 08 Feb 13
Approval letter dated: 12/03/13 received 14/03/13
BRP card received: ...waiting

Would classify my case as complicated [accidentally overstayed twice, one for several months but successfully argued, also later won appeal at UT after refusal]

No solicitor

Good luck every one, your ILRs are on their way!

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Re: Calling all July applicants

Post by kevinwoo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:37 pm

kjess wrote:Me too... However, I have a feeling that the passport's gonna come back soon... fingers crossed.
andie_83 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Calling all applicants who applied from July 2012 please update whether you have received your documents yet.

I am still waiting and losing my patience....

Yah, I am a July applicant and waiting too....
I am a June applicant :/

Dragon X
Newly Registered

10 year long residency

Post by Dragon X » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 am

Hi All .
This site is amazing so the people (with extraordinary knowledge and support). So i cant resist to join in ....
i applied for 10 years long residence back in December (228/12/12). Bio metrics done 18/01/13 , result - Waiting . My student visa will expire 10/04/2013. My wife join with me just few month after me and I have two kids both born in UK. As my dependents Visa is about to expire so i need to make an application. hence need your support.

May i request you to advice me on the following issues.
Q- Which form shall i use to make a dependent application ( as my application has not been decided yet)
secondly, if its decided with in their visa period (10/04/13) then is it gonna be different application form?
Q- what about the maintenance fund and income for the both scenario.?
Thanks for all of your attention

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

congratulation

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:25 am

clubcard2002 wrote:July 12, approved ILR!

Applied 05/07/12
Biometric done 18/09/12

Would classify my case as complicated [accidentally overstayed twice, one for several months but successfully argued, also later won appeal at UT after refusal]

No solicitor
Hi
I applied in OCT 2012 still waiting my case is bit complicated too, in the past working allegation breach of visa condition, its took my sort out two plus years, HO took the case back keeping in view of facts, and paid ex-gratia payment too. After seen your case I am confident to get positive result, because HO made the case and they took the case back. I was one and half year without leave due case was in court. Just need your prayers.
Regards
Amjad leeds

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: 10 year long residency

Post by amjadleeds » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:34 am

Dragon X wrote:Hi All .
This site is amazing so the people (with extraordinary knowledge and support). So i cant resist to join in ....
i applied for 10 years long residence back in December (228/12/12). Bio metrics done 18/01/13 , result - Waiting . My student visa will expire 10/04/2013. My wife join with me just few month after me and I have two kids both born in UK. As my dependents Visa is about to expire so i need to make an application. hence need your support.

May i request you to advice me on the following issues.
Q- Which form shall i use to make a dependent application ( as my application has not been decided yet)
secondly, if its decided with in their visa period (10/04/13) then is it gonna be different application form?
Thanks for all of your attention
Hi
I applied through my family here 8year and two months, my kids studying here last eight year, and two of them born here. so my solicitor applied on FLR O , which is discrtionary leave, under private life for their own right. Please see link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Or you can apply by using FLR M form before leave expire. You don't need to show 18600 requirement because your wife is already on spouse visa, so she will be consider on old rules. If you can better to show, but not required by law.
Best wishes for you
Regards
Amjad leeds

zinao

Post by zinao » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 am

Ged wrote:After contacting my MP about my 6 months old application last week, today, he responded me with a letter. Apparently the BA told him that they were too busy. They have been so busy that they are still dealing with June/ July applications and my early September application is expected to be dealt with within 8 more weeks (which might be some interest to other September applicants).

If we try to ignore the significant bulls..t factor in this BA response, I am happy to have at least some kind of update about my application. However, a few people applied well after me got their responses already which makes BA response rather unreliable. Beyond this, they are simply not commenting about the details of individual applications.
But what happens if your application was refused last year but allowed on appeal. Will a person have to go to back of the queue?

Personally I dont think it should be in the regular queue as a decision has already been made unlike new applications that are just being processed.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 year long residency

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:47 am

Dragon X wrote:May i request you to advice me on the following issues.
Use FLR(M) and if possible try to do it before 6th April (with the recent Statement of Changes, She might be affected) try to amend and use this covering letter template

No

Follow this post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

All praise to be Allah, got approaval today with all documents.thanks every one .

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:All praise to be Allah, got approaval today with all documents.thanks every one .
congrats... that is a good news.. was ur application really straightforward? since u got your decision fairly soon....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

dipmm2000d

Post by dipmm2000d » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:
dipmm2000d wrote:All praise to be Allah, got approaval today with all documents.thanks every one .
congrats... that is a good news.. was ur application really straightforward? since u got your decision fairly soon....
. You can say it was very straightforward , had student visa for 10 years extended the visa before expiry. Sent only all my certificates n life in da uk test. Thanks

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:
adkh2_1 wrote:
. You can say it was very straightforward , had student visa for 10 years extended the visa before expiry. Sent only all my certificates n life in da uk test. Thanks
That is cool.. i spend 8 years on student + 2 years on psw.... sent my application on 25.9.12 before my psw expired ..

i only sent my passports and life in uk test results... since nothing else was required ....
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

settlementnow
Newly Registered

Post by settlementnow » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

settlementnow wrote:
inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(
No still waiting. I have applied through solicitor and my solicitor has sent two letters to homeoffice for update. But no chance yet.

I contacted my MP and sent all relevant docs. Lets see if this make any difference.
I contacted HO today for the status of my application. They said you application is in process and we are targetting to make decision as soon as possible on all applications more than 6 months.

The guys in HO was very cooperative and explained me properly.

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Congratulation! you d lucky one to have to fairly fast whereas ppls been waiting for ages.
May Lord Almighty keep you lucky in your whole life..

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm

settlementnow wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(

No still waiting. I have applied through solicitor and my solicitor has sent two letters to homeoffice for update. But no chance yet.

I contacted my MP and sent all relevant docs. Lets see if this make any difference.
I contacted HO today for the status of my application. They said you application is in process and we are targetting to make decision as soon as possible on all applications more than 6 months.

The guys in HO was very cooperative and explained me properly.
Hi good to know about a bit of encouraging info from you but hard to take on, looking at the situation where some people are waiting since June/July (>8 months)
My time line exactly same like yours, hope to receive soon, as very straight forward case, no gape, SAR report, only sent required docs, considering, keep the case simple so case worker do not have to do a lot of check and waste their time. BUT ,,,,,,still >6=7 months

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

eryck
Newly Registered

Post by eryck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm

can you kindly give some more info on how you argued your case successfully.

Kind Regards,
clubcard2002 wrote:July 12, approved ILR!

Applied 05/07/12
Biometric done 18/09/12

No solicitor

andie_83

Update: July 22 applicant

Post by andie_83 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi,

Just and update on mi situation.
My MP called HO again after 1 week as promised:

"I just wanted to let you have an update.

I have phoned the UKBA again this morning. They tell me your case was last looked into yesterday and has now been assigned to a caseworker, so it is now in progress.

I will ring them again later this week/early next week and will obviously let you have any further updates

Kind regards"

------------------------

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am

smshad wrote:Hi,
Current rules in place do allow dependants to amalgamate their stay but not to all categories of Point based system.

I contacted UKBA last year and I was clearly told by the advisor that time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent etc. and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement. Advisor was 100% confident the way she asked me exact dates and categories in which my wife has lived in the UK.

Issue here is that current rules do not mention it clearly but this is the interpretation used by caseworkers which is correct because if time spent as PSW, Fresh Talent and student does not count towards ILR so how come time spent by these dependants will count towards ILR. This was the reason I contacted UKBA to clarify. I did not tell her my interpretation but she said exactly the same I was thinking.

Now this has been made clear in statement of changes which will take effect on 6th April, 2013.

I have noticed in past that some of us got different answers for same query from UKBA but we should note here that all PBS categories are not the same. When contacting UKBA we should mention exact category of PBS (Tier-1 General, Tier -1 PSW etc.)

I think everyone who could be impacted should read the rules themselves and then discuss in the forum because interpretation could be different.

Take care.

Shad
goodmann wrote:dipmm2000d, u quoted 'smshad' as saying "PSW (etc) and students are not settlement route so time spent as main applicant or dependant of these categories does not count towards settlement".

Pls confirm, is this true?

Hi there, my wife is 1 year psw dependant and 1year tier 1 general dependant. CUan she apply for ilr once she gets her flr m. My application is pending under 10 year ilr. Timeline on sky drive. Please advise.

kjess
Newly Registered

Re: Update: July 22 applicant

Post by kjess » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 pm

Congrats Andie_83. I posted my application 1 day after you, really hope it's in process too! :D
andie_83 wrote:Hi,

Just and update on mi situation.
My MP called HO again after 1 week as promised:

"I just wanted to let you have an update.

I have phoned the UKBA again this morning. They tell me your case was last looked into yesterday and has now been assigned to a caseworker, so it is now in progress.

I will ring them again later this week/early next week and will obviously let you have any further updates

Kind regards"

------------------------

rgurung
Newly Registered

Post by rgurung » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I received my BRP with ILR today. Had posted my SET O application on 05.01.2013 and got the approval on 18.03.2013. Had my biometrics done on 07.02.2013. So just about 10 weeks all in all. No lawyer involved. I had been a silent reader of this forum and want to say good luck to everyone of you waiting.

Thanks

Rgurung

Rensal

Post by Rensal » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm

rgurung wrote:Hi all,

Just to let you know that I received my BRP with ILR today. Had posted my SET O application on 05.01.2013 and got the approval on 18.03.2013. Had my biometrics done on 07.02.2013. So just about 10 weeks all in all. No lawyer involved. I had been a silent reader of this forum and want to say good luck to everyone of you waiting.

Thanks

Rgurung
Did you apply under 10 yrs rule?

Thanks

R

rgurung
Newly Registered

Post by rgurung » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:20 am

Rensal wrote:
rgurung wrote:Hi all,

Thanks

Rgurung
Did you apply under 10 yrs rule?

Thanks

R

Yes indeed!

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Calling on all Aug applicants...

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 am

Any updates from July/Aug applicants?

I am still waiting for mine after 7 months. Not sure if they lost my passport or just really slow. My case is extremely straight forward, 10 years student, no gap. I gave them all the documents, travel records.

The processing time seems to be EXTREMELY inconsistent.

jai_aus

FLR(m) based on ILR Acknowledgement

Post by jai_aus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,

To provide info to everyone..... I applied for FLR(m) for my wife based on my acknowledgement and got the approval yesterday...

Applied for FLR(m) on 21 FEB.2013 (based on ILR acknowledgement)
BioMetrics done 11.march.2013
Approval and Documents received 18.march.2013.

I spoke to UKBA to verify whether i have to send my Passport back to UKBA to support my wife's FLR (m) since i got my ILR approved on 4 March 2013.

The lady at the ukba said I will need to send my passport on 15.march.2013 and i was about to send it on monday but did receive all the docs and approval on that day...

So this means that Caseworker can take decision based on the information provided and this is mentioned in the FLR(m) "If you cannot provide the UKBA with original documents then the reason should be valid from the reasons provided by UKBA.

So I selected the reason that My passports and other docs are with UKBA itself.

So anyone in my situation .....you will not need to send your passport back to UKBA to support FLR(m) application.

Regards,
Jai

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

UKBA Templates

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 am

Hello All,

Please find some useful templates to deal with UKBA. Feel free by all means to amend them accordingly.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

alisha123
Newly Registered

Re: 12th July Applicant

Post by alisha123 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:42 pm

I am really getting frustrated with the kind of service UKBA seems to be providing. Its been 36 weeks since l applied. Called today and guess what l was told......you have to wait.
I really dont know why most July applicants have had to wait so long.

Congratulations to all those who have got their approval recently. Hope we will all have success story soon.