ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for ILR but I have lots of problems please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cruzez

Looking for ILR but I have lots of problems please help

Post by cruzez » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:17 am

Hi Guys I am about apply for ILR next month, I need to know what are my chances are securing one.

I have Tier 1 General granted in 2008. and extended in 2011.

1. I do not have P-60 for first 2 years. Called HMRC explained situation, they said they can do only for self employment. But looked into system and said can provide what ever they have from 2007, I do not know what they going to send me in what format. I was full time and self employed for year 2010 only.

Shall I call HMRC again? and say what?

2. I took Life in UK test, but at exam found out my name registred as last name in place of 1st mane and 1st name in place of last name. Test centre said can't chane name, but told me they add note to Home office verified me who I am from my passport and biometric, its only filled name oher way round no need to worry.

3. I have driving ban which happened reaching 12 points. I was convicted about 3 years ago. but no points since then took driving test and holding clean licence over 2.5 yrs now.

Some of the offences 4 points speeding court conviction, 6 points for having wrong insurance invalidated court convicted, and again speeding tried 3 points but got disqualified from court.

I think my extension of Tier 1 was a mess too, I gave points myself 95, but home office gave me 115. I was given myself 5 points to my age home office gave me 20 points. For my earning since I was self employed plus full time I gave points like after tax 30 and Home office calculated and gave me 35.

So point 4. To my current circumstances I think I can score maximum for my earnings. but dont think i can score 115, will it cause any issues? to my calculations I can score 110.

Point 5. I changed passports 4 times. So I have no original document of stamping to say when I was out UK and when I was in. But I do have photo copies and i can dig my emails to get flight tickets.

Why I have 4th passport? story goes like this: 1st passoprt got damaged so replaced with new one and sent to home office for tier 1, on way back docs got lost in post so i lost both passports. Applied new 3rd one. While i as in estonia mys passort got stollen. So ended up having 4th passport.

6. I got married, but it lasted only 6 months gave me divorce from india through religious force divorce which i didnt agree for. she went back got married to someone else. I didn't bother to inform home office hoping one day she come back but didn't.
Weiredly I also got married with her here in UK court it out of excitement. Now she doen't give a shit refused to send or agree or sign anything to dissolve marriage here in UK. i dont know wht to fill in application, married? divorced?
if i say married home office might ask whr is ur wife? if i say divorced, i might get rejected under false declaration.

Considering so many problems will Home office got patience to go through all that and consider giving me ILR?

[iD]

Re: Looking for ILR but I have lots of problems please help

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 am

cruzez wrote:Hi Guys I am about apply for ILR next month, I need to know what are my chances are securing one.

I have Tier 1 General granted in 2008. and extended in 2011.

1. I do not have P-60 for first 2 years. Called HMRC explained situation, they said they can do only for self employment. But looked into system and said can provide what ever they have from 2007, I do not know what they going to send me in what format. I was full time and self employed for year 2010 only.

Shall I call HMRC again? and say what?
First off, 5 years P60s are not required for Tier1/HSMP. People submit those to make their case strong but it doesn't have any significance as they're not required as per rules.
If you still want to produce past history, you can wait for HMRC to send you whatever they can and discuss it then

2. I took Life in UK test, but at exam found out my name registred as last name in place of 1st mane and 1st name in place of last name. Test centre said can't chane name, but told me they add note to Home office verified me who I am from my passport and biometric, its only filled name oher way round no need to worry.
Tricky! Might get accepted, might not. As test centre say they have put the note on file to say that they verified you as you, it might work but then no one can say for sure.

3. I have driving ban which happened reaching 12 points. I was convicted about 3 years ago. but no points since then took driving test and holding clean licence over 2.5 yrs now.

Some of the offences 4 points speeding court conviction, 6 points for having wrong insurance invalidated court convicted, and again speeding tried 3 points but got disqualified from court.
I don't know much about driving offences, others may help. You might wanna check Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974

I think my extension of Tier 1 was a mess too, I gave points myself 95, but home office gave me 115. I was given myself 5 points to my age home office gave me 20 points. For my earning since I was self employed plus full time I gave points like after tax 30 and Home office calculated and gave me 35.

So point 4. To my current circumstances I think I can score maximum for my earnings. but dont think i can score 115, will it cause any issues? to my calculations I can score 110.
You don't need to score 115 or same as previous points. You have to score minimum points to be eligible for ILR. Depending on when you first applied for HSMP/Tier1 you may have to claim either 75 or 80 points.

Point 5. I changed passports 4 times. So I have no original document of stamping to say when I was out UK and when I was in. But I do have photo copies and i can dig my emails to get flight tickets.

Why I have 4th passport? story goes like this: 1st passoprt got damaged so replaced with new one and sent to home office for tier 1, on way back docs got lost in post so i lost both passports. Applied new 3rd one. While i as in estonia mys passort got stollen. So ended up having 4th passport.
Just be truthful and write down all the absences you can gather from your email and photocopies of your passports. Originals aren't necessary. Make sure you say in the letter that this is what you believe to be true from the photocopies and tickets confirmations.

6. I got married, but it lasted only 6 months gave me divorce from india through religious force divorce which i didnt agree for. she went back got married to someone else. I didn't bother to inform home office hoping one day she come back but didn't.
Weiredly I also got married with her here in UK court it out of excitement. Now she doen't give a shit refused to send or agree or sign anything to dissolve marriage here in UK. i dont know wht to fill in application, married? divorced?
if i say married home office might ask whr is ur wife? if i say divorced, i might get rejected under false declaration.
Again, be truthful. Tell them everything. Explain that in your cover letter that you were divorced through religion with no documents and now ex wife refused to sign everything. Only problem is, you should have told that to HO. Only thing I think you can and should do for now is to write to UKBA informing them that you are indeed divorced through religion and your wife is not willing to sign any divorce paper but you now do not have anything to do with her and apologies for the fact that you failed to inform UKBA about that in the past because you were not aware that you had to.

Considering so many problems will Home office got patience to go through all that and consider giving me ILR?
Maybe...
Goodluck.

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks Sage giving me detailed results.

For Life in UK shall I just take another test? Test center told me not required and assured me not going to cause any problems,.

But taking one more test despite being pass cause any harm?

Some one on here advised me according to new rules I am fine with driving offences as they all happend over 3 years ago with only court fines.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 pm

cruzez wrote:Thanks Sage giving me detailed results.

For Life in UK shall I just take another test? Test center told me not required and assured me not going to cause any problems,.

Some one on here advised me according to new rules I am fine with driving offences as they all happend over 3 years ago with only court fines.
You don't need to give life in the UK again. You will be fine as this is a common error on their part. You are not the first one.

Criminality Threshold- as long as you didn't have any convictions(inc driving offences) through the court in last 2 years you will be absolutely fine, though it is still advisable to declare(NOT FPN's)

dks100

Post by dks100 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi,

I think I can help you for your point 1 and 5

1. Request for your 'Employment History' from HMRC, this will contain all your tax information. Usually it takes 2 weeks to arrive. This is an official document normally considered by home office. Possibly you can request HMRC for quick despatch.

5. You can request for 'SAR' report from home office / data protection on applying with £10 draft, but may take 3 - 4 weeks to arrive. The SAR containts all your immigraion history (Photo copy of your landing forms) and is official document for immigration.

Thanks
DKS

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:31 pm

dks100 wrote:Hi,

I think I can help you for your point 1 and 5

1. Request for your 'Employment History' from HMRC, this will contain all your tax information. Usually it takes 2 weeks to arrive. This is an official document normally considered by home office. Possibly you can request HMRC for quick despatch.

5. You can request for 'SAR' report from home office / data protection on applying with £10 draft, but may take 3 - 4 weeks to arrive. The SAR containts all your immigraion history (Photo copy of your landing forms) and is official document for immigration.

Thanks
I requested a SAR report about 3 months back and it still hasn't arrived

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

cruzez wrote:Thanks Sage giving me detailed results.

Taking the test again would not harm or invalidate your previous test. If you feel comfortable to sit in the new test, by all means go for it solely for your peace of mind.

As I said, I'm not too sure about criminality threshold but if you've spent period then there is no issue.
Goodluck.

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am

cheers guys, your inputs are much appreciated. I will update my case as it happens and rolls out.

1. I have contcated HRMC again today and asked for Employment History.
2. I have sent letter to Home Office "change of circumstances" and updated my relationship.
3. And I will requesting for SAR from home office, if its arrives on time well and good.

Rest I think depends on my Fate :)

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:15 am

[quote="cruzez"]cheers guys, your inputs are much appreciated. I will update my case as it happens and rolls out.

Point 5. Lost passport in Estonia -
Have you got police report to back your stolen passport up?
Also, in case you have all the photocopies then I think you will be fine.

Quite a stressful scenario but I wish you all the best and hope for the best.