ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crossing UK ports on EEA2 FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yogsmith
- thin ice -

Crossing UK ports on EEA2 FP

Post by yogsmith » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 am

We don't really travel with EEA spouse for business purpose or for other immediate travel reasons.
With EEA2 family permit visa, one is allowed to travel outside UK alone? or Do we always need to travel with EEA spouse while crossing UK immigration?
also, Do we need to go to EEA/UK immigration queue or Non-EEA/UK immigration queue?

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:03 am

Non EEA national can travel alone in and out with EEA national.you can join any que.
Best regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 am

I mean with out EEA national.
Best regards

vandv
Newly Registered

Post by vandv » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 pm

ravii wrote:I mean with out EEA national.

Yes, you can travel alone, but make sure you have all document when you returning back to UK such as marriage certificate, your resident card, can have national insurance with you or utility bill with both names... who knows may be helpful at that time, i am always take more docs then i should for in case..... things to show them that you going back "home" to your husband....

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:49 pm

You can certainly travel to the UK if you have either an EEA Family Permit or a Residence Card for the family member of an EU citizen.

Depending on where you are going, you may require a visa for entry into other countries.

rockford1980
Newly Registered

Post by rockford1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 pm

vandv wrote:
ravii wrote:I mean with out EEA national.

Yes, you can travel alone, but make sure you have all document when you returning back to UK such as marriage certificate, your resident card, can have national insurance with you or utility bill with both names... who knows may be helpful at that time, i am always take more docs then i should for in case..... things to show them that you going back "home" to your husband....
Hi,
I am also travelling to my home country next month. My wife is french and she went to France last month as there is a family health problem. This is first time I am travelling without her. I will be back to UK after a month. Upon arrival do you think that immigration officer can raise any issue as my wife is not with me. Because she will come back by the end of June ( after my arrival at UK).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:59 pm

rockford1980 wrote: Hi,
I am also travelling to my home country next month. My wife is french and she went to France last month as there is a family health problem. This is first time I am travelling without her. I will be back to UK after a month. Upon arrival do you think that immigration officer can raise any issue as my wife is not with me. Because she will come back by the end of June ( after my arrival at UK).
That's fine.

Apart from the first entry, there is no legal requirement for your wife to be with you or to be present in the UK when you enter. There is a reason they call it Free Movement Directive. You (and your wife) are free to travel as you please.

rockford1980
Newly Registered

Post by rockford1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Jambo wrote:
rockford1980 wrote: Hi,
That's fine.

Apart from the first entry, there is no legal requirement for your wife to be with you or to be present in the UK when you enter. There is a reason they call it Free Movement Directive. You (and your wife) are free to travel as you please.
Thanks for your reply. We went together to Turkey this year in January and come back together. That was my first trip with my wife after having RC. I am carrying my marriage certificate, our joint account bank statements. As i am not working my wife works so I was going to keep her NI contribution and Tax returns papers if necessary. Do you think these docs I should carry ? As my wife wont be in UK at my arrival time. Do they normally call to confirm these things from EU spouse ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:12 pm

The RC is enough. You would be surprised how easy it would be. You might be asked where is your wife and a "she should be back in a few days" or not answering this question at all is legitimate response.

Remember - no landing card, EU line and no stamp in passport!

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I don't understand why few RC holders feel hesitate when they travel alone?
I thing this is because of media publicity/ukba interview videos.
This is called mental toture,and I don't have any doubt that ukba successfully doing the above mentioned job on the foreign people and no body is stoping them,
I am surprised that where is the free media in the UK?who highlight this open mental toture.
I am surprised why democratic parties are quiet on this toture.
I am surprised where human rights gone?
I am surprised why English society is quiet???
Best regards

rockford1980
Newly Registered

Post by rockford1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Jambo wrote:The RC is enough. You would be surprised how easy it would be. You might be asked where is your wife and a "she should be back in a few days" or not answering this question at all is legitimate response.

Remember - no landing card, EU line and no stamp in passport!

Thank you for reply :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Your EU wife can be out of the UK for up to six months per year (for the first 5 years) without breaking her residence, and then a lot longer if she has been resident in the UK for more than 5 years.

You have a right to enter the UK. You will have no trouble. (In the future you can always practice by going through the line separately.)

If you want to carry any docs, carry a photocopy of her passport page, your marriage certificate, and a single pay slip of hers. I would not expect you would have to show them, and would never normally offer them.