ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nats

Post by nats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:08 pm

not sure about Gym contract. u can icnlude 3 more letters on ur husband's name. Try to include goverment departments correspondence like NHS letters if any. See below for reference:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters

bank statements/letters
building society savings books/letters
council tax bills or statements
electricity and/or gas bills or statement
water rates bills or statements
mortgage statements/agreement
telephone bills or statements
coochiefoo98 wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope your all good. The UKBA asked for further documents and in their list one of the documents was to include 5 official sources addressed to BOTH (they put capital letters) parties either jointly and separate should be submitted.

My bills under my name that I submitted- TV license, gas bill, gym contract, sky bills, my mobile phone bill
Bills under my husband's name- his gym contract, council tax (I'm a full time masters student so have the discount discount and it doesn't show my name but the student discount is shown)
Both of our names- water bill

Is that at least five, I know it an obvious question but I just want confirmation. So please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance.

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Re: Thank God, The Painful wait is finally over.

Post by xiaoma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm

mide2011 wrote:FLR(M) posted: 14/09/2012
Acknowledgement: 17/09/2012
Payment Taken: 19/09/2012
Biometrics Request: 06/12/2012
Biometrics Submitted: 11/12/2012
UKBA requested further docs: 04 Mar 2013
Further docs posted: 13 Mar 2013 (next day del.)
Passport & Docs Rec: 19 Mar 2013
BRP: Waiting

Thank you everyone.
Hi Mide2011

Congratulations! Did UKBA post it in recorded service? Does it require a signature?

Regards,

Xiaoma

nats

FLR (m) English Language requirement

Post by nats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Anyone can confirm if its correct.
If degree is listed in point based calculator of UKBA website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

and if u get 30 points on qualification then there is no need for NARIC certificate to show its equivalent to UK bachelor or above?
So we can include original degree and certificate from institute that degree was taught in English and medium of communication was English.

Please refer to below links and confirm:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/

under More Information:
Do you hold an acceptable degree taught in English?
You can check whether your qualification meets the requirement by using our points-based calculator, which contains information from UK NARIC. You will meet the English language requirement if the calculator confirms that your qualification:

is at or above the level of a UK bachelor's degree; and
was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level A1 on the CEFR.

Also on page: 9 of below mentioned document, there is method to check if the degree is equivalant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

If my degree is listen in calculator and i am getting 30 points for qualification. then my degree and a certificate of english proof will be enough or do i still need to go for NARIC certificate?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (m) English Language requirement

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 pm

nats wrote:If my degree is listen in calculator and i am getting 30 points for qualification. then my degree and a certificate of english proof will be enough or do i still need to go for NARIC certificate?
Yes, this is true. One of my friend did the same when he applied for FLR (M) and successfully got his wife's visa approved.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 pm

nats wrote:not sure about Gym contract. u can icnlude 3 more letters on ur husband's name. Try to include goverment departments correspondence like NHS letters if any. See below for reference:

Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters

bank statements/letters
building society savings books/letters
council tax bills or statements
electricity and/or gas bills or statement
water rates bills or statements
mortgage statements/agreement
telephone bills or statements
coochiefoo98 wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope your all good. The UKBA asked for further documents and in their list one of the documents was to include 5 official sources addressed to BOTH (they put capital letters) parties either jointly and separate should be submitted.

My bills under my name that I submitted- TV license, gas bill, gym contract, sky bills, my mobile phone bill
Bills under my husband's name- his gym contract, council tax (I'm a full time masters student so have the discount discount and it doesn't show my name but the student discount is shown)

Is that at least five, I know it an obvious question but I just want confirmation. So please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance.
Although he live with me in this address other than his gym contract, tenancy agreement, council tax, everything else he has is on his home address outside London. He doctor's appointments and NHS are all outside London too. I've tried to add his name on the gas bill and technically he is when you call the energy supplier but his name does not show on the bill as I am the main account holder.

nats

Re: FLR (m) English Language requirement

Post by nats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

thats really great. I will take its print out with me as proof. This might help others as well. Just to confirm the way of calculation. if I am calculating it right way?:
On points calculator
1- Select tier as ""Tier 1 (High-Value Migrants)""
2- Select category as ""Tier 1 (General)""
3-in Where are you applying from select option: ""Inside the United Kingdom with permission to enter or stay""
4- select type of application as ""Extending your stay in the United Kingdom""
5- in Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application: Select any date on or after 29 February 2008
6- Select ""NO"" in Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application.
7- select yes or no option in Do you want to claim points for your age?
8- then select the Qualification and proceed.
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:If my degree is listed in calculator and i am getting 30 points for qualification. then my degree and a certificate of english proof will be enough or do i still need to go for NARIC certificate?
Yes, this is true. One of my friend did the same when he applied for FLR (M) and successfully got his wife's visa approved.

habsimak

Help in Filling up FLR M form

Post by habsimak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Good Evening Everyone

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife came to uk on psw dependent in early 2011. she spend 1 year on psw dependent and 1+ year on tier 1 general dependent.

My application is pending on 10 years ILR and my wife's visa is due to expire in beginning April.

I my previous discussion on this form i was told that she falls under old rules. and i don't need to fill the section 7A and need to go to section 7B

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say? my application is under consideration for ILR?

In Section 4 (it says it is mandatory to complete this section as required. )

Do we need to fill in any of this even if there are no children applying ?
My wife is expecting any day. What if i am applying her visa after her delivery do i need to fill in this section.

Section 7A: do i need to fill in any of this including 7.1 question? or should i just go to section 7B?

Section 7B: In section 7B they are asking about rent and salary of my wife and myself.

I am an employee of my own company and make income as dividends apart from taking a nominal salary. But there is no option in this form to put the income from business. How to go about giving my full income which is salary + dividends
My wife also supports me in business and she get a nominal salary as well.

If we fall under old rules i have seen on one of the links on this forum that you have to have 111.45 per week for a couple without children + the rent and the council tax. How much salary is sufficient for the flr m under old rules

do they consider any bank balance(s) in flr m application.

Please Help.

Kind regards
Habsimak

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Help in Filling up FLR M form

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 pm

habsimak wrote:Good Evening Everyone

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife can to uk on psw dependent in early 2011. she spend 1 year on psw dependent and 1+ year on tier 1 general dependent.

My application is pending on 10 years ILR and my wife's visa is due to expire in beginning April.

I my previous discussion on this form i was told that she falls under old rules. and i don't need to fill the section 7A and need to go to section 7B

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

Yes

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?

No

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

No

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say? my application is under consideration for ILR?

Awaiting decision and your reference number.

In Section 4 (it says it is mandatory to complete this section as required. )

The actual wordings are as below and try to stress on the word "and" which should answer your query.

In this section include any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying as your dependants. It is mandatory to complete this section as required.

Do we need to fill in any of this even if there are no children applying ?
My wife is expecting any day. What if i am applying her visa after her delivery do i need to fill in this section.

No, because your child is not under immigration control because your baby did not enter this country, he/she was born here.

Section 7A: do i need to fill in any of this including 7.1 question? or should i just go to section 7B?

7B applies to you.

Setion 7B: In section 7B they are asking about rent and salary of my wife and myself.

I am an employee of my own company and make income as dividends apart from taking a nominal salary. But there is no option in this form to put the income from business. How to go about giving my full income which is salary + dividends
My wife also supports me in business and she get a nominal salary as well.

If we fall under old rules i have seen on one of the links on this forum that you have to have 111.45 per week for a couple without children + the rent and the council tax. How much salary is sufficient for the flr m under old rules

do they consider any bank balance(s) in flr m application.

All you need to show is that, you can maintain and accommodate your family without relying on the public funds.

Please Help.

Kind regards
Habsimak
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank you for your reply i am very gratefully to you. I am not good in using this forum so please bear with me.

Yes

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??

No

(If i say no then they are asking another question in point 2.3 which says " please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are chooing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories??

There are quite a few options here what should i choose??

Please Help.

Kind regards
Habsimak[/quote][/quote]

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:29 pm

habsimak wrote:Thank you for your reply i am very gratefully to you. I am not good in using this forum so please bear with me.

Yes

No

I think it should be YES for 2.2 point as its asking "is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories"

means wife of a settled person??

Please Help.

Kind regards
Habsimak

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 pm

habsimak wrote: (If i say no then they are asking another question in point 2.3 which says " please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are chooing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories??

If you are applying for any other reason - please explain below [Tick this box and explain your wife's situation in the space provided] possibly using
this will serve your purpose
Skydrives, Templates

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
habsimak wrote: (If i say no then they are asking another question in point 2.3 which says " please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are chooing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories??

If you are applying for any other reason - please explain below [Tick this box and explain your wife's situation in the space provided] possibly using
this will serve your purpose
Thank you for your reply and the letter format it will do grate help but If is say YES to 2.2 will there be any problem? as she is applying for the first time as a spouse of a person present and settled in the uk ??
regards
habsimak

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 pm

habsimak wrote:Thank you for your reply and the letter format it will do grate help but If is say YES to 2.2 will there be any problem? as she is applying for the first time as a spouse of a person present and settled in the uk ??
Worst come to worst, she'd be considered under new rules. See if you can speak to an advisor before filling in the form.
Skydrives, Templates

mide2011
Newly Registered

Re: Thank God, The Painful wait is finally over.

Post by mide2011 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:48 pm

xiaoma wrote:
mide2011 wrote:FLR(M) posted: 14/09/2012
Acknowledgement: 17/09/2012
Payment Taken: 19/09/2012
Biometrics Request: 06/12/2012
Biometrics Submitted: 11/12/2012
UKBA requested further docs: 04 Mar 2013
Further docs posted: 13 Mar 2013 (next day del.)
Passport & Docs Rec: 19 Mar 2013
BRP: Waiting

Thank you everyone.
Hi Mide2011

Congratulations! Did UKBA post it in recorded service? Does it require a signature?

Regards,
yes, recorded and sign for
Xiaoma

coochiefoo98

Post by coochiefoo98 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:04 am

Hi everyone,

Although he live with me in this address other than his gym contract, tenancy agreement, council tax, everything else he has is on his home address outside London. He doctor's appointments and NHS are all outside London too. I've tried to add his name on the gas bill and technically he is when you call the energy supplier but his name does not show on the bill as I am the main account holder.

Is that at least five, I know it an obvious question but I just want confirmation. Thanks in advance.

habsimak

Post by habsimak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:18 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
habsimak wrote:Thank you for your reply and the letter format it will do grate help but If is say YES to 2.2 will there be any problem? as she is applying for the first time as a spouse of a person present and settled in the uk ??
Worst come to worst, she'd be considered under new rules. See if you can speak to an advisor before filling in the form.
That is very bad. Do u know what others have done with this section of the form.

Regards
Habsimak

jai_aus

FLR(m) Approved...My Time line

Post by jai_aus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am

Hi,

I applied FLR(m) for my wife based on ILR acknowledgement letter and the time lines are:

My ILR Received: 03.03.2013

Applied: 21.02.2013
Bio Metrics done: 11.03.2013
Approval: 18.03.2013
BioMetrics card : waiting

Regards,
Jai

jai_aus

FLR(m) based on ILR Acknowledgement

Post by jai_aus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

Hi,

To provide info to everyone..... I applied for FLR(m) for my wife based on my acknowledgement and got the approval yesterday...

Applied for FLR(m) on 21 FEB.2013 (based on ILR acknowledgement)
BioMetrics done 11.march.2013
Approval and Documents received 18.march.2013.

I spoke to UKBA to verify whether i have to send my Passport back to UKBA to support my wife's FLR (m) since i got my ILR approved on 4 March 2013.

The lady at the ukba said I will need to send my passport on 15.march.2013 and i was about to send it on monday but did receive all the docs and approval on that day...

So this means that Caseworker can take decision based on the information provided and this is mentioned in the FLR(m) "If you cannot provide the UKBA with original documents then the reason should be valid from the reasons provided by UKBA.

So I selected the reason that My passports and other docs are with UKBA itself.

So anyone in my situation .....you will not need to send your passport back to UKBA to support FLR(m) application.

Regards,
Jai

babita160
Newly Registered

BRP haven't received yet

Post by babita160 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am

Hi everyone I have received all my supporting documents last 15th March 2013 but upto now I still haven't received my BRP yet. How long does it normally take?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: BRP haven't received yet

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 am

babita160 wrote:Hi everyone I have received all my supporting documents last 15th March 2013 but upto now I still haven't received my BRP yet. How long does it normally take?
Atmost 10 Working days, wait until end of this month.
UKBA wrote:What should you do if your biometric residence permit is not delivered?
If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In your email you should state:

your full name;
your date of birth;
your nationality;
your passport number;
your case reference number;
the delivery address for the permit; and
a contact telephone number.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

You can also send this information by post to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
Bristol
BS20 1AB

You cannot ask about undelivered permits in person at our public enquiry offices or biometric enrolment centres.

Courier deliveries

Your biometric residence permit will be securely delivered by courier to the address you have provided to us. When it is delivered, you must sign for it and show identification such as your passport or driving licence. If you are not present when the permit is delivered, the courier will leave a calling card containing contact details so you can rearrange delivery. You must contact the courier as soon as possible.

If you do not rearrange delivery, the courier will send you a reminder letter. If you still do not rearrange delivery of your permit, the courier will attempt a second delivery. If you are still not present and the courier cannot deliver your permit to you, the courier will notify us of the failed delivery.

We will then send a reminder letter to you advising you to contact the courier as soon as possible to rearrange delivery. We will hold your permit until you make contact to request delivery, or until it reaches its expiry date. If you do not contact us and your permit reaches its expiry date, it will be cancelled and destroyed. You will then have no permission to stay in the UK, and we will send another letter informing you that, if you intend to remain in the UK, you must make a new application for permission to stay and provide your biometric information.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

UKBA Templates

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:17 am

Hello All,

Please find some useful templates to deal with UKBA. Feel free by all means to amend them accordingly.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Congratulations @DieselD. I've seen your update on Skydrive....
Skydrives, Templates

xiaoma
Newly Registered

Post by xiaoma » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi everyone, I have got both my BRP and documents.
BRP turned up on the 18th March and documents turned up on the 20th March. It is so odd that BRP turned up before documents..

Anyway, it is a great great news and we finally can book our holiday in April. I desperately need a holiday!!!!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Congratulations @DieselD. I've seen your update on Skydrive....
Yes, thanks Damanisshallo. I was given 2 years on my BRP. Do enjoy the Skydrive you set up and appreciate the help you and others have given. I certainly found out more information from applicants then reading the UKBA website.

Next thing is to pass another English Test. I have decided to attempt this at Level C2. Mostly because I'm up for the challenge, but was not happy to discover that my current English Test passed at level at A1 will not meet future requirements for ILR. I figured if I pass an English Test at level B1 most likely required from October 2013 there could be changes again making that level invalid. In addition if I fail C2 I'll be downgraded to level C1.

Life in the UK Test. Will purchase the new addition and begin studying. This will be required for my ILR application.

Finally I can work. I've decided to open up a business and begin trading. Good luck to all applicants stuck in the painful postal wait.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:23 am

hello, been right busy.

Just to update, we have received my wife's FLR(M) today dated 20th March 2012.

Applied on 4th November 2012
and Received back on 22 March 2013 so around 4.5