ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Soul&Karma
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Templates

Post by Soul&Karma » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:Hello All,

Please find some useful templates to deal with UKBA. Feel free by all means to amend them accordingly.
Thanks for your valuable help.

smshad

Re: Calling on all Aug applicants...

Post by smshad » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi,

I applied on 13 August and enrolled Biometric on 16th November and still waiting.
Contacted UKBA twice, one at sixth month and then againg at sevent month but answer was the same that application is pending and they can not provide any other update.

So I sent an email to my local MP complaining about UKBA service standards and requesting him to find out update for my applicatio.

MP replied with a sorry note and said that UKBA has advised him that my application has not yet been considered and they are not meeting 6 months advertised standards and also that UKBA is unable to comment if some applicants have received decison before older applications.

He has aksed me to contact him again if I dont hear any thing back from UKBA in next couple of months.

I knew that it will not make a difference but I had to vent out my frustration so I send complaint email to UKBA and my MP.

I think not many July applications are left on the forum spreadsheet and then August will start but it frustrates when UKBA complete random applications.

keep fait, not long to go.
TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Any updates from July/Aug applicants?

I am still waiting for mine after 7 months. Not sure if they lost my passport or just really slow. My case is extremely straight forward, 10 years student, no gap. I gave them all the documents, travel records.

The processing time seems to be EXTREMELY inconsistent.

mer3090
Newly Registered

Post by mer3090 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 pm

settlementnow wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(
No still waiting. I have applied through solicitor and my solicitor has sent two letters to homeoffice for update. But no chance yet.

I contacted my MP and sent all relevant docs. Lets see if this make any difference.
I contacted HO today for the status of my application. They said you application is in process and we are targetting to make decision as soon as possible on all applications more than 6 months.

The guys in HO was very cooperative and explained me properly.
What number did you call?

mer3090
Newly Registered

UKBA Liverpool Contact details

Post by mer3090 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Does anyone know the contact details (telephone number and email) of UKBA at Liverpool?

Thanks

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:03 pm

smshad wrote:Hi,

I knew that it will not make a difference but I had to vent out my frustration so I send complaint email to UKBA and my MP.

I think not many July applications are left on the forum spreadsheet and then August will start but it frustrates when UKBA complete random applications.

I have been reading about the Public Service Ombudsman option to see if I can make a complaint directly to them.

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk

Obviously they say a complaint must be directed to the organization first, and after receiving a final answer from them, the ombudsman can start investigating the offending public body afterwards. So it looks like you did the right thing by making a complaint to the BA, because if nothing works, you now have the option of going for an investigation by the Public Service Ombudsman.

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

09 August applicant

Post by dhawalthakker » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I am an august applicant and unable to get any update for my application either from UKBA phone call or via MP.

I am planning to write a letter to them which I intend to post and fax them on regular basis until I hear from them.

Dhawal.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Got reply back from MP who contacted UKBA on my behalf. See below

From the information available to me, I can see that Mr _____ application for Long Residency SET(O) was submitted on the 24 August 2012. Due to the high volumes of work, the team are working their way through these SET (O) applications in date order of when the applications were received.

At the moment the team are considering SET(O) applications that were submitted at the start of July 2012. I can not state when Mr ______ application will be considered, this depends on how many applications were received in July.

It's quite frustrating. I don't know when will I get my ILR.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Two diff MP's two diff promises.

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:28 pm

andie_83 wrote:I got a response from MP within 1 hour...it is HORRIBLE NEWS!! but read cuz I am sure this concerns lots of people!

"Thank you for your email,

I have just spoken to the MPs Hotline at UKBA and there is both good and disappointing news:

The good news is that your application is in order, all relevant information has been submitted (your biometric details etc) and there is no administrative problem with the application.

However, the application was last looked into on 28th January 2013 (when they noted your address change) and is still outstanding, with no indication of any further timescale. It is with the caseworking team, but has not yet been allocated to a caseworker.

I know that they have a huge backlog at the moment, because of a significant increase in applications. They tell me they have increased staff numbers to deal with the backlog but, whilst they say 99% of applications are usually decided within 6 months, our experience is that, unfortunately, it is more like 9 months at the moment.

I’m sorry, as I know this is very frustrating for you. However, unless there are “exceptional circumstances” which only really applies to a death in the family, they will not expedite the application.

I will phone them again this time next week and then at least once a week until this is resolved – I’ll obviously keep you updated too.

I’m sorry not to sound more positive at this stage.

I applied on 13 August and enrolled Biometric on 16th November and still waiting.
Contacted UKBA twice, one at sixth month and then againg at sevent month but answer was the same that application is pending and they can not provide any other update.

So I sent an email to my local MP complaining about UKBA service standards and requesting him to find out update for my applicatio.

MP replied with a sorry note and said that UKBA has advised him that my application has not yet been considered and they are not meeting 6 months advertised standards and also that UKBA is unable to comment if some applicants have received decison before older applications.

He has aksed me to contact him again if I dont hear any thing back from UKBA in next couple of months.

Could both of you please confirm what political parties your MP's belong to, as one of them has assured that he'd chase them every week until end and the other has asked for couple of months. Only to figure out if Shadow (Opposition) MP's are more enthusiastic in pointing out issues.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

smshad

Re: Two diff MP's two diff promises.

Post by smshad » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi,

Mine is conservative so I was not expecting any more than that. But I know that there is nothing much MPs can do.
Damanisshallo wrote:
andie_83 wrote:I got a response from MP within 1 hour...it is HORRIBLE NEWS!! but read cuz I am sure this concerns lots of people!

I have just spoken to the MPs Hotline at UKBA and there is both good and disappointing news:

The good news is that your application is in order, all relevant information has been submitted (your biometric details etc) and there is no administrative problem with the application.

However, the application was last looked into on 28th January 2013 (when they noted your address change) and is still outstanding, with no indication of any further timescale. It is with the caseworking team, but has not yet been allocated to a caseworker.

I know that they have a huge backlog at the moment, because of a significant increase in applications. They tell me they have increased staff numbers to deal with the backlog but, whilst they say 99% of applications are usually decided within 6 months, our experience is that, unfortunately, it is more like 9 months at the moment.

I’m sorry, as I know this is very frustrating for you. However, unless there are “exceptional circumstances” which only really applies to a death in the family, they will not expedite the application.

I will phone them again this time next week and then at least once a week until this is resolved – I’ll obviously keep you updated too.

Could both of you please confirm what political parties your MP's belong to, as one of them has assured that he'd chase them every week until end and the other has asked for couple of months. Only to figure out if Shadow (Opposition) MP's are more enthusiastic in pointing out issues.

andie_83

Re: Two diff MP's two diff promises.

Post by andie_83 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi,

Mine is a Conservative too.

Damanisshallo wrote:

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

Response from UKBA

Post by dhawalthakker » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Any excuse for not taking the blame ! ! ! 09 August application

Hi .....

The case is currently in a workflow queue waiting to be dealt with. Because we asked him to enrol his biometrics does not mean his case is under consideration. Biometric enrolment is part of the administration process, not the consideration process.

Although it is six months since he applied, he did have leave until the end of Feb 2013. You are really supposed to apply for further leave a month before your current leave expires and not six months as Mr ...... has done. Because you apply before you are supposed to does not mean your case will be dealt with any quicker.

I am out of words; Do we need to teach them rules and regulation so that they can carry out work swiftly ! ! !

lrk
Newly Registered

Re: Skip FLR(M)

Post by lrk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:10 pm

xixiberyl wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
xixiberyl wrote:I am the silent reader for a while, May I ask you, when I book the appointment, which catalog should I choose? FLR(M) or SET(M)?
If I book SET(M) directly, I have to take the risk, is it?
My personal suggestion is to book an appointment for SET(M). But as suggested earlier take both forms with you. Worst come to worst, you'd end up getting both applications processed.

I remember last year in december Mr Hello32 went to the PEO to get his wife's FLR (M) to which the case worker suggested to apply for SET(M) once she crosses her qualifiying period as she had enough leave to qualify for ILR. Because that was the first time ever such thing happened even some gurus on this forum thought the case worker was wrong.

Recently, we had a similar case of Mr Punjabis who managed to get his wife's ILR with FLR (M) and now I had an almost first hand news from my best friend that, one can go for ILR without FLR (M) provided, they have enough leave and had completed their 2yrs qualifying period.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I am still waiting for my ILR, and will let you know what is going on.
I am the silent reader for a while, May I ask you, when I book the appointment, which category should I choose? FLR(M) or SET(M)?
Damanisshallo says SET(M).
I have got following questions.
1 - Is there any risk that when We go there and case worker might say that since you have booked for SET(M) but your wife only qualifies for FLR(M) . Can case worker say that he/she will not entertain us since we have booked for wrong category and I need to book new appointment for FLR(M) ? 2) and other thing is will I loose fees ? 3) finally, how can we convince case worker that My wife should be able to apply directly for SET(M) since My wife came in this country in March 2011 as an dependent of work permit holder so she completes her two yrs in March 2013.
I would be very grateful for your kind response.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 pm

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Any updates from July/Aug applicants?

I am still waiting for mine after 7 months. Not sure if they lost my passport or just really slow. My case is extremely straight forward, 10 years student, no gap. I gave them all the documents, travel records.

The processing time seems to be EXTREMELY inconsistent.
Hi

Nothing yet. I called on Tuesday, same answer. Application sent 18 July 2012

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 pm

lrk wrote:
1 - Is there any risk that when We go there and case worker might say that since you have booked for SET(M) but your wife only qualifies for FLR(M) . Can case worker say that he/she will not entertain us since we have booked for wrong category and I need to book new appointment for FLR(M) ?

If you are booking before April 6th, then you dont pay anything against appointment. so, why not book SET(M) under your wife's name and book another appointment for FLR(M) using your login and cancel this if SET(M) goes fine.

2) and other thing is will I loose fees ?

No, Not that I know of. To lose your fee they should consider your case.

3) finally, how can we convince case worker that My wife should be able to apply directly for SET(M) since My wife came in this country in March 2011 as an dependent of work permit holder so she completes her two yrs in March 2013.

Because, your wife has been in this country as your dependant for 2 yrs, you can try saying them that she's been here as WP dependant and has crossed the 2 yr qualifying period ala the way punjabis mentioned.
Having said this, please bear in mind that this is just a trial and not guaranteed. it could go either ways. This is purely based on my personal assumptions
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
lrk wrote:
1 - Is there any risk that when We go there and case worker might say that since you have booked for SET(M) but your wife only qualifies for FLR(M) . Can case worker say that he/she will not entertain us since we have booked for wrong category and I need to book new appointment for FLR(M) ?

If you are booking before April 6th, then you dont pay anything against appointment. so, why not book SET(M) under your wife's name and book another appointment for FLR(M) using your login and cancel this if SET(M) goes fine.

2) and other thing is will I loose fees ?

No, Not that I know of. To lose your fee they should consider your case.

3) finally, how can we convince case worker that My wife should be able to apply directly for SET(M) since My wife came in this country in March 2011 as an dependent of work permit holder so she completes her two yrs in March 2013.

Because, your wife has been in this country as your dependant for 2 yrs, you can try saying them that she's been here as WP dependant and has crossed the 2 yr qualifying period ala the way punjabis mentioned.
Having said this, please bear in mind that this is just a trial and not guaranteed. it could go either ways. This is purely based on my personal assumptions
Guys I would suggest something else

IF ... IF you haven't booked your appointment yet, I would say book it for FLR(M) and then try to persuade them for SET(O)...

My reasoning: ... the caseworker can be a nut case and follow strict procedure (in other words you might not be as lucky as Mr Punjabi and Khall)...In that case your job will be easier to have FLR(M) and then book SET(O) on a different day.. In this scenario they cannot say you have booked a wrong appointment and just send you back with nothing

however, If you booked SET(O) appointment...that shouldn't make a big difference...

Don't worry too much about the money...probably this will be the last time you will have to pay this fee

RK001002
Newly Registered

Post by RK001002 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

Hi All,

I am Sept applicant (SET O 10yrs) and waiting patiently like rest of you but worried and unsure about my tier1 dependent's (wife and child born in UK) visa running out in June. God forbid if things are slow as they are now for July applicants I should prepare for their visa renewal application. Can anyone tell me what to do in this case, and what application to apply for them without knowing my own status?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:19 am

RK001002 wrote:Hi All,

I am Sept applicant (SET O 10yrs) and waiting patiently like rest of you but worried and unsure about my tier1 dependent's (wife and child born in UK) visa running out in June. God forbid if things are slow as they are now for July applicants I should prepare for their visa renewal application. Can anyone tell me what to do in this case, and what application to apply for them without knowing my own status?

Thanks
Don't worry about your kid if you ain't got any serious plans to travel, you can make a MN1 Application once you get your decision irrespective of your child's visa status. WRT your wife get an FLR(M) form ready to hand until the week your wife's visa expires and post it using a covering letter (You can find one to start with by clicking the "Templates" link below).
Skydrives, Templates

inzi2k

Post by inzi2k » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

My MP is Labour

My MP has not done any thing, all he saying is that he will update me once he will get reply from HO, and in 2 weeks even though I chased him but he has not given me any update.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:43 pm

andie_83 wrote: "Thank you for your email,

Kind regards"
--------------------
Application sent: 22nd July 2012
Biometrics done: 11 Nov 2012
I think this post in bold is really helpful (at least to me) and captures how people in the public sector actually work/think. I think if it's realistically a 9 month process, then they need to tell applicants that it will take 9 months. Play on words is prevalent. "99% of applications within the 6 month target" is different from "99% of applications are processed within 6 months."

Why would anyone tell an applicant that it takes 3 weeks to respond when it actually takes 6 weeks? The logic goes horribly wrong here. You would want to manage applicants' expectations. I would tell them it takes 6 weeks and give them the results in 3 weeks.

Thanks for sharing this one.

I am an August applicant who desperately needs the visa to start dealing with recruiters to find a job.

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 pm

essentialSalt wrote:

Kind regards"
--------------------
Hi i think someone messed up with skydrive 10 year one. I received my ILR today , I am 30th oct applicant with non straightforward case.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Congrats!, and I am not surprised Sept, October applicants and everyone else is receiving their documents.

I am more and more convinced everyday some applications have been left aside on purpose. Maybe some political reasons, bad luck, God knows... I only find comfort in knowing my MP is chasing and keeping me updated.
Graceofgod wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
andie_83 wrote:
Hi i think someone messed up with skydrive 10 year one. I received my ILR today , I am 30th oct applicant with non straightforward case.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Graceofgod wrote:Hi i think someone messed up with skydrive 10 year one. I received my ILR today , I am 30th oct applicant with non straightforward case.
Congratulations!! The Skydrive is sorted
Skydrives, Templates

Mok
Newly Registered

Silent follower of this forum

Post by Mok » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Dear experts and forumites,

I am still waiting for the response to my 10 year ILR application I submitted on 12 September 2012, acknowledgement letter dated 14 September 2012, biometrics letter received on 23 November and enrolled on 24 November 2012 and still nothing back. I have sent a complaint email to the UKBA and contacted my local MP and am yet to hear from both. Also called the UKBA only to be told they cannot give me any information apart from that my application is being considered.

However waiting isn't the only problem now as another problem cropped up. At the time of my application, I was on Tier 1 visa which was due to expire end of March 2013 i.e. in 9 days time. My son's leave to remain (my dependent) is also to expire end of March in line with my Tier 1 visa. It is almost obvious that I will not receive my documents back in time to apply for his naturalisation (he was born in the UK) and I am not sure what to do in this case? Do I apply for his extension? If so on what basis? Is it possible to apply for his naturalisation? Do I let his leave to remain expire? Is that legal/allowed?

Has anyone been in this type of situation?

Many thanks for your help,

Kind regards,
Mok

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Graceofgod wrote:Hi i think someone messed up with skydrive 10 year one. I received my ILR today , I am 30th oct applicant with non straightforward case.
Congratulations!! The Skydrive is sorted
I am so happy today and my gratitude goes to everyone who helped and prayed for me during application process. I always pray for all of you who are waiting for the decision. I will continue to be part of this forum and contribute as much as I can.
May god bless you all.
Last edited by Graceofgod on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Graceofgod wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:

Hi Congratulations.
What do u mean non straightforward case? Plz could give bit more detail if possible. Thanks

Kind regards"
--------------------