ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new English language requirement from October 2013

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

javeddata
Newly Registered

new English language requirement from October 2013

Post by javeddata » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 am

Hi All

I am applying for ILR on end of October 2013. My current leave to remain is getting end on 12 November 2013. I am here as Tier 1 general and enter in the UK on January 2009.

Do me and my wife require to have new English language (B1)?

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Most likely the requirement will change to B1 from October. I have English at A1 and in my letter from UKBA they told me when I apply for ILR I must be up one level. Be safer and complete B1.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 pm

DieselD wrote:Most likely the requirement will change to B1 from October. I have English at A1 and in my letter from UKBA they told me when I apply for ILR I must be up one level. Be safer and complete B1.
the new test has some thing to do with spouse visa.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:59 am

javeddata wrote:Hi All

I am going apply in October for ILR on Tier 1 (General) 5 years. Do i need Cohabitation Letters as I am married for 12 years, have kids and have Marriage certificate? I only have council tax on joint name.

Seeing the following link, it seems to me that only Unmarried partner require Cohabitation document.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

also I came 65 days after my visa was issued, Is it ok to applying 19 days before my visa expires?

Thanks in advance
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 am

If your dep spouse is applying with you, you will need to provide cohabitation proof, the council tax letters should suffice if that is all your spouse has. Ideally you should have one joint letter or a letter each for each 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources. I assume your dep spouse has been in the UK as your spouse for 2 or more years.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

javeddata
Newly Registered

Post by javeddata » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks Amber

This is more clear now. She is with me for 4 years as my spouse. She got some credit card bill and a letter from hospital should cover it up.

There is another question about applying 19 days before current visa expires while I am arrived here 65 days after my visa was issued.

Please shed your light on this would be appreciated.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 pm

You can apply from 28 days before your qualifying period ends (5 years) if you entered the UK within 90 days of entry clearance being granted, that period will not be counted as an absence and can be combined with the time in the UK to equate 5 years.

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:28 pm

D4109125 wrote:If your dep spouse is applying with you, you will need to provide cohabitation proof, the council tax letters should suffice if that is all your spouse has. Ideally you should have one joint letter or a letter each for each 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources. I assume your dep spouse has been in the UK as your spouse for 2 or more years.

I have been on a work permit for the past 5years now and I need to apply for my ILR in October. My partner with whom I have been married since Aug 2009 was initially on his work permit, switched to WP Dependant visa. Due to work commitments, I remained in the Birmingham and he was in London. We met over weekends or holidays where either of us would travel.
I understand that in order for him to apply for set(o) dependant, we need to give evidence of cohabitation. We unfortunately do not have any evidence as we were and still live in two different cities and our bank details have not been changed either. He does have a few salary slips from a few months ago and P45 addressed to my address.
Would coach and train tickets as evidence of travel help?

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Neems.
:o

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 pm

DieselD wrote:Most likely the requirement will change to B1 from October. I have English at A1 and in my letter from UKBA they told me when I apply for ILR I must be up one level. Be safer and complete B1.
I have registered for the Life in the UK test and it looks like I need to produce acceptable evidence of speaking and listening skills in English at B1 of the common European framework of reference which is an equivalent of ESOL Entry level 3. This is the requirement from oct 2013. How do I get the evidence of speaking and listening? Does providing certificate of masters in the UK, etc suffice or I need to book for so etching separate?
Where. Can I get more information on this?

Thank you.

N

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:06 am

A UK degree will suffice.

Neems
Newly Registered

Post by Neems » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:A UK degree will suffice.
Thank you. Also wondered if NARIC certificate of degrees done in India can also work for evidence of English proficiency? That is for my partner.

Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm

If NARIC confirm that it is comparable with a UK degree and you have proof it was taught in English or it passes the NARIC English Language Assessment as well that should suffice.