ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Marriage interview after receiving RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

efimmike

Urgent Marriage interview after receiving RC

Post by efimmike » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi, just want to share a weird experience. I applied for RC in July 2012 and it was issued in February 2013, yesterday i had a letter from home office inviting my wife and i for an interview in Liverpool on the 02 April 2013 and no later than 26 April 2013. They asked us to bring the following docs;
- our last 6 months bank statements (joint and individual)
-our last 2 yrs council tax bills
-photographs taken during our relationship
-wedding photographs
-joint utility bills
-Tenancy agreement/mortgage statement
-our passports/ID.
Has any one been invited for marriage interview after receiving his/her RC?
Should i go for the interview?
I am planning to call them tomorrow for more clearifications.
I will be more than happy to read read your feedback.
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm

what issuing date is written on letter.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:07 pm

sheraz7 wrote:what issuing date is written on letter.
Sorry, the letter was issued on the 19 March 2013.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

It is rather strange for them to do this.

Perhaps someone has made a report to the UKBA about you.

It is not sensible to ignore the letter, especially if it was not sent in error.

By ignoring it, you stand the risk of having your Residence Card revoked.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Where are you based in relationship to Liverpool? You could make a counter offer if the location does not suit.

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: Urgent Marriage interview after receiving RC

Post by bil123 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 am

efimmike wrote: I am planning to call them tomorrow for more clearifications..
Thanks
Plz update here once you have spoken to them .

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Where are you based in relationship to Liverpool? You could make a counter offer if the location does not suit.
We are in London living together and working for the same company where we met. Got married in London known by friends and colleagues that we re married.
Anywhere I wouldn't like to travel all the way to Liverpool because I ve a busy schedule. Guru how can I counter the location of the interview if they insist that I still ve to attend.
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 am

Obie is correct as it could be the result of complaint. It really need to be sorted out. But no idea how much helpful the telephone operator will be as who must be your primary source of inquiry.
REGARDS

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:11 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Obie is correct as it could be the result of complaint. It really need to be sorted out. But no idea how much helpful the telephone operator will be as who must be your primary source of inquiry.
I rang UKBA interview team (01512134009) several times to leave a message to no avail. I decided to call EEA2 application help line on 01516725626, the gentle man at the other end told me he has never heard of a situation like that, he said maybe its a human error but adviced me to call them and find out. I sent them an email i am still waiting for their reply, hope its an error.
will continue to update you guys.
Kind regards.

efimmike

Post by efimmike » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:11 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Obie is correct as it could be the result of complaint. It really need to be sorted out. But no idea how much helpful the telephone operator will be as who must be your primary source of inquiry.
I rang UKBA interview team (01512134009) several times to leave a message to no avail. I decided to call EEA2 application help line on 01516725626, the gentle man at the other end told me he has never heard of a situation like that, he said maybe its a human error but adviced me to call them and find out. I sent them an email i am still waiting for their reply, hope its an error.
will continue to update you guys.
Kind regards.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:27 pm

[quote="efimmike"] hope its an error.
[ quote]

Could be an error too.
REGARDS

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Once RC issued then there is no point of interview but if ukba found any thing later,then they make a note in their system so if applicant/RC holder cross the borders or any next application,then they consider that notes.
Any way ukba have the powers to call interviews at any stage before BC.
I believe that will be a error.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:16 pm

If you can't get through by phone, write to them stating that you have attempted to contact them and look forward to their response. Don't assume an error.

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: Urgent Marriage interview after receiving RC

Post by bil123 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 am

efimmike wrote:Hi, just want to share a weird experience. I applied for RC in July 2012 and it was issued in February 2013, yesterday i had a letter from home office inviting my wife and i for an interview in Liverpool on the 02 April 2013 and no later than 26 April 2013. They asked us to bring the following docs;
- our last 6 months bank statements (joint and individual)
-our last 2 yrs council tax bills
-photographs taken during our relationship
-wedding photographs
-joint utility bills
-Tenancy agreement/mortgage statement
-our passports/ID.
Has any one been invited for marriage interview after receiving his/her RC?
Should i go for the interview?
I am planning to call them tomorrow for more clearifications.
I will be more than happy to read read your feedback.
Thanks
Have you been to the interview?

bil

walai134
Newly Registered

Permanent Migration Interview Team

Post by walai134 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello,
I'm having the same issue! My husband and I got married this year, I am European while he's Iranian.
We received the same letter this morning but the confirmation of the interview was until 25 October!
I signed the letter and I have saved my signature as well.
We are quite upset because nobody told us we had to go in Liverpool and we already had an interview BEFORE marriage.
All my husband's documents are there, even bank statements, bills, payslips etc.
And what is worrying us is the date!
Did you manage to solve your problem?
Does anyone know what I have to do? I will call UKBA tomorrow morning, hoping they can manage to help us.
I've sent Home Office Liverpool an email because their phone number doesn't seem to work at all, nobody answers.

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: Permanent Migration Interview Team

Post by bil123 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 am

walai134 wrote:Hello,
I'm having the same issue! My husband and I got married this year, I am European while he's Iranian.
We received the same letter this morning but the confirmation of the interview was until 25 October!
I signed the letter and I have saved my signature as well.
We are quite upset because nobody told us we had to go in Liverpool and we already had an interview BEFORE marriage.
All my husband's documents are there, even bank statements, bills, payslips etc.
And what is worrying us is the date!
Did you manage to solve your problem?
Does anyone know what I have to do? I will call UKBA tomorrow morning, hoping they can manage to help us.
I've sent Home Office Liverpool an email because their phone number doesn't seem to work at all, nobody answers.
when and where you had your first interview? and have you received RC? or its a COA..
bil