ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of Passports while waiting for E.U 1 Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archigabe

Return of Passports while waiting for E.U 1 Residency

Post by archigabe » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Hello Everyone,
We applied for the E.U residency through the E.U 1 form on October 2006. We still havent heard back from the Justice Dept, though we would like to have the passport back for my wife who is a E.U national. Will it affect our position in the queue if we have the passports returned to us?
I dont fancy waiting for another 6months just because we had our passports returned...Can anyone who had their passports returned let us know if they lost their position in the queue?
thanks,

Static

Post by Static » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi,
We also applied in October last year and I have sent several requests to have our passports returned... no luck. I very much doubt that it would delay the process but just getting them back is another thing all in itself. If you manage, please let me know. Thanks!

jack_in_the box

Post by jack_in_the box » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:56 am

I managed to get my passport back....but it was not an easy venture. I took about 15 phone calls (one's where i actually managed to talk to somebody), 4 faxes & 4 emails & 2 registered letters. I eventually got my passport back the day before I needed it to apply for a holiday visa to another country.

They told us that they made all the copies that they needed & we don't need to return the passports to them.

In saying that - it's been 7 months now & I still don't have any news from them.

lu_rvs
Newly Registered

Post by lu_rvs » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Hi,

Just some advice. If you send in a letter along with your application stating that you need your passports (and documentation) back asap and provide them a registered post envelope they'll send it back. We send our application in last week that way and I got the passports back today.

archigabe

Passport

Post by archigabe » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Hello everyone,
we just had both our passports returned to us after we sent DOJ a fax 2weeks ago.We followed it up with just phone call...can't believe it was so painless...hopefully they wont give us grief with the residency card later!!

Static

Re: Passport

Post by Static » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm

archigabe wrote:Hello everyone,
we just had both our passports returned to us after we sent DOJ a fax 2weeks ago.We followed it up with just phone call...can't believe it was so painless...hopefully they wont give us grief with the residency card later!!
You are so lucky... 6 months down the line and we are STILL trying to get ours back :(

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:27 am

Yes, the inconsistencies in the way they deal with the applications seems really weird...i guess it has to do with how fast the different case officers deal with your application.