ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application process when applied in b'ham

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pluto5star
Newly Registered

OCI Application process when applied in b'ham

Post by Pluto5star » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi,

Have applied for my OCI at Birmingham in person on the 13/02/13, we plan to go to India around April 10th for medical purpose. I wanted to know the following things.

Any replies would be much appreciated

1) when applied in person in bham how long would it take to receive the OCI in hand.
2) can I apply for a tourist visa if the oci is coming later that April 1st, as we have to go to India by April 10th
3) If oci comes let's say after April 10th that's while we are in India, is it ok to collect once we are back which might be around June 20th.

Please could anyone share their experience they have had with similar situations if any where they applied for oci and were not able to collect when granted

Kind Regards.

singrm
Newly Registered

Post by singrm » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 pm

1) CGI, Bhm's website says it would take 17 weeks. It seems to be coorect. Look at my OCI time line below:
OCI application time line for 2 Adults + 1 Child in person at CGI Birmingham:
Date of Acknowledgement (applied): 31/12/2012(in person at Birm)
Photo/Signature Scanned:07/02/2013
OCI Status: Granted 11/03/2013
Printed: 22/03/2013
Dispatched from Delhi: Not yet
Documents Recd at Birm: Not yet

2) Yes.

3) I don't see any problem with that. Perhaps someone with similar experience can advise.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Replying to your third point - Yes, you can collect OCI on your return. It is held by the HCI till you go and collect it.