ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

picturesbypri
Newly Registered

oci

Post by picturesbypri » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm

jko_71 wrote:congrats SNG and ssachida

hopefully vishalsoni31 and my docs should arrive in a day or two !!
That's great people!

Although those who have been granted OCI on 5th March also got theirs dispatched at the same time who were granted on 27th or 28th Feb. Sounds very chaotic and seems they are just not following the serial order. Anyhow mine got dispatched today i.e. 25th March and was granted on 28th Feb.

Hope this information helps others.

picturesbypri
Newly Registered

oci MESSAGE

Post by picturesbypri » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hi All

I am getting a message on the bottom of oci online enquiry page that "Congratulations! Your OCI card is ready and you can visit the mission office to collect your passport any day"

Although the status Received at London still says NOT YET.Is anyone else getting the same message? I am excited but just doesn't want to waste my time by going to High commission of India in London unnecessary..

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

@picturesbypri

yes the message is seen as soon as the docs are dispatched from delhi.. guess you need to see docs received at london to be updated with date and only when you can go for stamping..

krimith

Re: Hi

Post by krimith » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 pm

New Update

[quote="krimith"][]OCI Application: 5th March2013 (in person @ HCI

London)
OCI acknowledgement :5th March 2013
Registration Status at Mission :19/03/2013
OCI granted : 26/03/2013
OCI documents printed :
OCI dispatched from Delhi :
OCI documents Recd London :
OCI stamped : (in person @ HCI London)

rkg1
Newly Registered

Post by rkg1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 pm

My timeline is as below :

Date of Acknowledgement : 15-Feb-2013(in person at HCI London)

Photo/Signature Scanned : 26-Feb-2013

Registration Status : 07-Mar-2013

Printed : 26-Mar-2013

Dispatched from Delhi : Not yet

Received at London : Not yet

oohlalala
Newly Registered

Post by oohlalala » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Submitted in person at HCI London

Date Of Acknowledgment :20-FEB-2013
Photo/Signature at Mission :Scanned On 08-MAR-2013
Registration Status at Mission :Granted On 12-MAR-2013
Documents Printing Status :PRINTED On 26-MAR-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ):NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at LONDON NOT YET

hd
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by hd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 pm

OCI Application: 29-January-2013 (Postal, London)
OCI acknowledgement : 18-February-2013
OCI Photo/Signature Scanned : 27-February-2013
OCI granted :11-March-2013
OCI documents printed : 26- March-2013
OCI dispatched from Delhi : 2-April-2013
OCI documents Recd London :
OCI stamped :
Last edited by hd on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssachida
Newly Registered

Post by ssachida » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:35 am

Hi, I collected my passport and oci book yesterday. There was a notice that said

"Due to technical issues with the online OCI system we are issuing a maximum of 150 tokens per day"

So, if you are planning to submit an application in the near future, do go early.

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 am

ssachida wrote:Hi, I collected my passport and oci book yesterday. There was a notice that said

"Due to technical issues with the online OCI system we are issuing a maximum of 150 tokens per day"

So, if you are planning to submit an application in the near future, do go early.
This is very very useful information. Especially when I was planning to go towards close to 12 noon, so as to minimize the gap. THANKS!

rkg1
Newly Registered

Post by rkg1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 am

Thanks for the info ssachida.

Mine got printed yesterday so hopefully should arrive next week.

do you have any idea on the following.

How early did you have to start queuing? (i have to come from the west country)

Once you submit your documentation, when you go back in the evening for collection is there another queue again?

what documents did you have to submit for collection of OCI?
The website says the online status print and passport. Just wanted to confirm that is the case.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:40 am

ssachida wrote:Hi, I collected my passport and oci book yesterday. There was a notice that said

Have you seen this message in HCI London or CGI Birmingham?

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am

congrats ssachida.. what time did you go in the morning ?

my docs recd today at London -

OCI granted : 25/02/2013
OCI documents printed : 19/03/2013
OCI dispatched from Delhi : 21/03/2013
OCI documents Recd London : 27/03/2013

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 am

guys,

the online status said received today. What do I need to do next? Just receive the OCI card from the embassy. (This is in Birmingham). Or there is another step to this?

Thanks

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:18 am

ric1982 wrote:guys,

the online status said received today. What do I need to do next? Just receive the OCI card from the embassy. (This is in Birmingham). Or there is another step to this?

Thanks
Hi Ric1982...

Congratulations...Did you make postal application or is it in person application to Birmingham office?

Can you also mention your timelines please

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

mrproblem wrote:

Thanks
Hi Ric1982...

Congratulations...Did you make postal application or is it in person application to Birmingham office?

It was in person. I will post the timeline soon. Will need to get my passport details to get it from online site. But my question is what do I need to do next. It appears that I need to do some sort of stamping. but dont know exactly what and what documents do I need to bring?

Thanks,

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am

ric1982 wrote:
mrproblem wrote:

Thanks
Hi Ric1982...

It was in person. I will post the timeline soon. Will need to get my passport details to get it from online site. But my question is what do I need to do next. It appears that I need to do some sort of stamping. but dont know exactly what and what documents do I need to bring?

Thanks,
Sorry ric, I am just in the starting stages of the process. Because you mentioned Birmingham, I wanted to find more details. But I think, you need to visit in person to submit your passport and they will give you time to come back and collect

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:52 am

mrproblem wrote:
ric1982 wrote:
mrproblem wrote:

Thanks
Hi Ric1982...

Thanks,
Sorry ric, I am just in the starting stages of the process. Because you mentioned Birmingham, I wanted to find more details. But I think, you need to visit in person to submit your passport and they will give you time to come back and collect
Thanks mrproblem, Is it during the same day or will have to come again at different day?

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:06 pm

ric1982 wrote:
mrproblem wrote:
ric1982 wrote:
mrproblem wrote:
Hi Ric1982...

Thanks,
Thanks mrproblem, Is it during the same day or will have to come again at different day?
You have to give your passport in morning and they give u time on same day to collect.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks krimith,

Any documents do I need to bring (other then my BC passport). Also if I cant go then someone else can do this on my behalf isnt it? (for e.g. family member)?

Following is the status

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 13-FEB-2013
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 12-MAR-2013
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 20-MAR-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 21-MAR-2013
Documents Received at BIRMINGHAM NOT YET

Its saying documents not received yet. Will the system be updated when document will receive? or its always "NOT YET" ?

smatt

OCI - Postal Application

Post by smatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Dear Members,

I have been to HCI this morning, it seem there is technical problem so they are issuing only 150 token per day......I am thinking to apply by post, could anybody please tell me that all Original documents need to be submitted along with 1 set of Photocopies, Kindly help me. (Family Application of 3.

Kind Regards,
smatt

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:44 pm

@ smatt

what time did you go there ?

Is this limit 150 for application sumbission or OCI collection ?

smatt

Post by smatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

I went at 9.45.......for submission..........

Can any one please confirm about the OCI - Postal Application documents?

Regards,
smatt

jko_71
Newly Registered

Post by jko_71 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 pm

@ smatt

sorry its not clear to me, is your OCI granted and that you went collect it ?

I thought OCI processing application submission token are given from 12:30 to 2:30 pm..

smatt

Post by smatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

I went to submit Fresh OCI Application, counter will open 12.30 but to submitt your OCI application, you need to have Token which is restricted 150 tokens per day.....

Do you know for OCI - Postal application all original document need to be submitted. Kindly advice me.

fed_up_of_hci
Newly Registered

Post by fed_up_of_hci » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm

smatt wrote:I went at 9.45.......for submission..........

Can any one please confirm about the OCI - Postal Application documents?

Regards,
smatt
So did you get a token? or it had already reached the limit of 150?

I am confused, if you were at HCI London in person, why do you need to send by post?

Assuming, you want to send "application" for OCI by post, you need to send same documents as you would be submitting for applications made in person. This would include original documents (e.g. surrender certificate) and copies (self attested). UK (or other foreign) passport self attested copy but NOT original. And of course fees. You may include self addressed envelope for return of original documents you may have submitted for verification.

Refer to the website of HCI Londonhttp://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html. Below is the some part reproduced:

For postal applications payment should be in the form of postal order only. Postal order should be made in the name of High Commission of India, London. Cash/cheques or drafts are not accepted.

Application sent by post should be individual or family (husband/wife and minor children) only. Applications will be retuned if the envelope contains more than one application.

Note : If application sent by post do not include a special delivery envelope and need to be returned, they will be returned by ordinary post only. The High Commission will not be responsible for loss or delay of the application.