ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 pm

HOME OFFICE ORAL STATEMENT – 26 MARCH 2013
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /ho-os.pdf

downlights

Post by downlights » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm

let's see them turn those words into actions
newbie.scott wrote:HOME OFFICE ORAL STATEMENT – 26 MARCH 2013
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /ho-os.pdf

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

I am still waiting just like you. I have been student for the pass 14 years, no gaps, no criminal record, self funded all time, straight forward case. Is your case straight forward?
S17 wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(
Hi there, I still haven't hear anything, been waiting since August. My lawyers have been calling them up but they say the application still isnt complete. I called the UKBA this afternoon and was told that the application was incomplete and they aimed to complete it within six months. When i pointed out that it had now in fact been 8 months I was told that this was probably because there were still going through people who had applied before me. I then pointed out that a few people who had applied after me had already received their documents back, and was told that they couldnt give me an answer for that! Absolutely ridiculous!

S17
Newly Registered

Post by S17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

[quote="TheCreativeDragonHead"]I am still waiting just like you. I have been student for the pass 14 years, no gaps, no criminal record, self funded all time, straight forward case. Is your case straight forward?

[quote="S17"][quote="settlementnow"][quote="settlementnow"][quote="inception"]congrats lambu1

Hi there, my case is straightforward enough, but I am a bit over the limit of the 540 day rule. However, my lawyers have explained that under the age of 16 I was a minor and had to travel back home to my parents as I was in school here. I guess only time will tell, it's just frustrating having to wait. Very incompetent.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm

S17 wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
inception wrote:congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :(
Still waiting ,,,,,just like others its been over 7 months now,,,,So many things have been missed in my life due this wrong decision,,,hoping for the best in near future.

nats

Re: wife got ILR

Post by nats » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Congrats malavan, thats great news. Can you please tell what did you selected in FLR(M) form section 2 point 2.2 "Is it the 1st time you applying as partner"? if elect NO, what reason you gave below?? Also did u filled Financial Requirement Section or Maintenance section? It would be great if u help me out in this. I have appointment for FLR(M) on 4th April, really worried how will it go. I will follow the same on 1st window with FLR(M) and SET(M). now its seem like we have to take SET(O) as well :S Have you explained them any paragraphs or rules under which they should consider Settlement? If yes which ones..? and any additional documents you took with u except those mentioned in FLR(m) and Set(m) form?
malavan1234 wrote:I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

first of all would like to thanks from every one who gave me advises and suggestions. (specially punjabi)

As some of you might know, I got my ILR(10 years) just last week and wanted to apply for my wife who was on student depandant visa and psw dependant perviousley for 5 years.
we booked the appointment under Flr (M) as we thought she needs to get visa under that. as I read some experinces of people here, we then decided to fill form Set(M) too and take both forms.

so we went to ukba today, and they asked us for the form on the first window! I showed them both forms as we dont know which form she is eligable. The lady said let me talk to my supervisor! she then called us and said wife has to apply under Set(M) which was great news for us.

after 2 hours waiting (already paid £1337 for set(m)) the case worker called us for checking the documents then we got shocking news!!
She said both Flr(M) and Set(M) are wrong forms and my wife should fill the Set(O) form!!!

she then brought the form for us and (thanks god) asked me to fill the form over there!! I quickly filled the form and after checking not even our all douments (except our marrige certificate and passports) she said wait for 15 minutes.

after 15 min she called again and gave a letter to my wife which was granted for her ILR. YES ILR.........

I think even them self dont know which form is right for 10 years long residancy dependant!!!

So my wife got her ILR same as me.....
Thanks again from every one who helped me in this forum..

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:25 pm

malavan1234 wrote:I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

first of all would like to thanks from every one who gave me advises and suggestions. (specially punjabi)

As some of you might know, I got my ILR(10 years) just last week and wanted to apply for my wife who was on student depandant visa and psw dependant perviousley for 5 years.
we booked the appointment under Flr (M) as we thought she needs to get visa under that. as I read some experinces of people here, we then decided to fill form Set(M) too and take both forms.

so we went to ukba today, and they asked us for the form on the first window! I showed them both forms as we dont know which form she is eligable. The lady said let me talk to my supervisor! she then called us and said wife has to apply under Set(M) which was great news for us.

after 2 hours waiting (already paid £1337 for set(m)) the case worker called us for checking the documents then we got shocking news!!
She said both Flr(M) and Set(M) are wrong forms and my wife should fill the Set(O) form!!!

she then brought the form for us and (thanks god) asked me to fill the form over there!! I quickly filled the form and after checking not even our all douments (except our marrige certificate and passports) she said wait for 15 minutes.

after 15 min she called again and gave a letter to my wife which was granted for her ILR. YES ILR.........

I think even them self dont know which form is right for 10 years long residancy dependant!!!

Hey well done malavan1234
Congratulations to you mate. Just remmember us in ur prays.

alisha123
Newly Registered

RE: 12TH JULY APPLICANT

Post by alisha123 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 pm

I contacted my MP last month and on the 6th of March I got a response from her stating that my application is under active consideration by UKBA but they cannot give timescale as to date for completion.
I contacted my MP last week again to chase up my application. She responded that my application is in a queue and they cannot give timescale for completing.
Almost 9 months now....from active consideration to being in a queue..what is going on UKBA?
I have decided not to call them again as it is a complete waste of time and money...
All we have to do is to keep on praying and be patient...
I applied 8months before my previous visa run out last two weeks ago...
God help us because this agency is seriously not fit for purpose...

rayhanali
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by rayhanali » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 pm

congrats Malavan, wish you best of luck in the future.

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:13 am

lambu1 wrote:In my case it took around 6.5 months (applied in mid aug) - people who have been waiting for longer than six months should complaint in writing and also approaching their MPs ( you all should have done by now) - I sent a few letters of complaint as soon as it was six months .

Also technically I am going to be applying for British Nationality using the 15 month rule ( 15 months from the day I sent my application for Set(O)). Anyone with any more information to share about this?

I know they are slower than a snail but we can't be treated like shit ...

:evil:
Hi dear can u explain how can u apply British nationality using 15 months rule . I think it is exactly one year after ILR being granted, correct me if i am wrong i am not sure myself

Can any one PLZ let me know the Fax no e mail or exact address where my MP should send the request to expedite the case as it is nearly 8 months o

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 am

shazib1786 wrote:Hi dear can u explain how can u apply British nationality using 15 months rule . I think it is exactly one year after ILR being granted, correct me if i am wrong i am not sure myself
Read this post and regarding expedition see if this helps.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Post by malavan1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:24 am

nats wrote:Congrats malavan, thats great news. Can you please tell what did you selected in FLR(M) form section 2 point 2.2 "Is it the 1st time you applying as partner"? if elect NO, what reason you gave below?? Also did u filled Financial Requirement Section or Maintenance section? It would be great if u help me out in this. I have appointment for FLR(M) on 4th April, really worried how will it go. I will follow the same on 1st window with FLR(M) and SET(M). now its seem like we have to take SET(O) as well :S Have you explained them any paragraphs or rules under which they should consider Settlement? If yes which ones..? and any additional documents you took with u except those mentioned in FLR(m) and Set(m) form?

In section 2.2 I have selected Yes cos I have just granted for settel and it was first time my wif was applying under my ILR ( pereviously she was on my tier 4 dependant)

Reagarding finance, I filled both finance and maintance cos we had covered more than £18600 and als no problem on maintance.

they didnt give me chance to explain them the rule, u have to be very wise on the sitution I think, from their body language and communication I thought I do whatever they are going to say......so becarful what you gonna say to them...

which peo u have appointment on 4 april?

I took everythings what i thought gonna be useful....like, all bank statment from since last year, all pay slips for me an my wife since last year ( I work part time my wife works full time), last 2 years electricity bills which is in both name, my mortgage letter, even mine and my wife driving licence which the case worker had a look on wife driving licence date which was for 3 years ago....
dont worry, hope u get it.....just more confidance and think optomistic....I do pray for u.....

GOOD LUCK......

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Post by malavan1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 am

Punjabis wrote:

Hey well done malavan1234
Congratulations to you mate. Just remmember us in ur prays.
Really thanks for ur advise punjabis.......I do pray and again thanks.....
Last edited by malavan1234 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

malavan1234
Newly Registered

recive bio card

Post by malavan1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 am

just received my bio card today.......

Thank you again from every one who helped me here and big thanks to this forum....

I do suggest this forum to friends who want to apply same as mine..

tsn1
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by tsn1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 am

Got my ILR yesterday, Thanks to everyone, I have learnt a lot from this board, so love this board. my timeline as follows..

Application sent: 8/09/2012 under 10 year Lawful stay
Acknowledgement Received: 13/09/2012 (letter printed on 10/09/2013)
Biometric Invitation: 13/11/2012 (letter printed on 10/11/2012)
Biometric Done: 14/11/2012

Passport and document received: 27/03/2013 (Approval letter issue date 21/03/2013)
BRP Card Received: 27/03/2013 ( made on 21/03/2013)

Few things about my application:

> 5 year 2 moths student + 4 year 10 moths HSMP & Tier 1.
>Had 3 points on my driving licence, declared in the form
>Only Life in the UK certificate and Passport sent. No bank statement or payslips or anything.
>No solicitor used.

So, who are going to apply soon please bear in mind that SET(0) for 10yrs is one of the simplest form, don't include irrelevant documents for this category like p60, bank statement, payslips etc. just send what they want.

nats

Post by nats » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:49 am

Thanx malavan for valuable info. My peo is Sheffield. I m more worried bcoz they refused wife's ilr when she applied as dependent on my set(o) form by post previously. I called ukba n lady said set(o) is for 10 year basis. So i thought for peo with all forms now. Pray 4 me.
malavan1234 wrote:
nats wrote:Congrats malavan, thats great news. Can you please tell what did you selected in FLR(M) form section 2 point 2.2 "Is it the 1st time you applying as partner"? if elect NO, what reason you gave below?? Also did u filled Financial Requirement Section or Maintenance section? It would be great if u help me out in this. I have appointment for FLR(M) on 4th April, really worried how will it go. I will follow the same on 1st window with FLR(M) and SET(M). now its seem like we have to take SET(O) as well :S Have you explained them any paragraphs or rules under which they should consider Settlement? If yes which ones..? and any additional documents you took with u except those mentioned in FLR(m) and Set(m) form?

In section 2.2 I have selected Yes cos I have just granted for settel and it was first time my wif was applying under my ILR ( pereviously she was on my tier 4 dependant)

Reagarding finance, I filled both finance and maintance cos we had covered more than £18600 and als no problem on maintance.

they didnt give me chance to explain them the rule, u have to be very wise on the sitution I think, from their body language and communication I thought I do whatever they are going to say......so becarful what you gonna say to them...

which peo u have appointment on 4 april?

I took everythings what i thought gonna be useful....like, all bank statment from since last year, all pay slips for me an my wife since last year ( I work part time my wife works full time), last 2 years electricity bills which is in both name, my mortgage letter, even mine and my wife driving licence which the case worker had a look on wife driving licence date which was for 3 years ago....
dont worry, hope u get it.....just more confidance and think optomistic....I do pray for u.....

GOOD LUCK......

hrumy
Newly Registered

ILR approved.

Post by hrumy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:50 am

Alhamdulillah my ILR has been approved on the ground of 10 years long residency. I received the letter with passport and other documents yesterday (27/03/13) through an immigration firm. It was dated 22/03/13. I had a potential gap of 53 days due to refusal in 2006. Professionally I am a qualified teacher in the UK. Waiting for my BRP card. Please update my details in skydrive. Thank you very much to Damanisshallo and all here and I wish you all the best. From HR.

Damanisshallo wrote:
shazib1786 wrote:Hi dear can u explain how can u apply British nationality using 15 months rule . I think it is exactly one year after ILR being granted, correct me if i am wrong i am not sure myself
Last edited by hrumy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: ILR approved.

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 am

[quote="hrumy"]Alhamdulillah my ILR has been approved on the ground of 10 years long residency. I received the letter with passport and other documents yesterday (27/03/13) through an immigration firm. It was dated 22/03/13. I had a potential gap of 53 days due to refusal in 2006. Professionally I am a qualified teacher in the UK. Waiting for my BRP card. Please update my details in skydrive. Thank you very much to Damanisshallo and all here and I wish you all the hi congr to you , please can you mention time scale , I am qualified teacher here , teaching in government college , applied 25/10/11 still waiting , I need your prayers too, regards amjad

smshad

Post by smshad » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 am

Hi,
Congratulations. When did you apply my friend? Please share your timeline.
Could not see your details on the spreadsheet.
Thanks.
Shad
hrumy wrote:Alhamdulillah my ILR has been approved on the ground of 10 years long residency. I received the letter with passport and other documents yesterday (27/03/13) through an immigration firm. It was dated 22/03/13. I had a potential gap of 53 days due to refusal in 2006. Professionally I am a qualified teacher in the UK. Waiting for my BRP card. Please update my details in skydrive. Thank you very much to Damanisshallo and all here and I wish you all the best. From HR.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 am

hrumy wrote:Alhamdulillah my ILR has been approved on the ground of 10 years long residency. I received the letter with passport and other documents yesterday (27/03/13) through an immigration firm. It was dated 22/03/13. I had a potential gap of 53 days due to refusal in 2006. Professionally I am a qualified teacher in the UK. Waiting for my BRP card. Please update my details in skydrive. Thank you very much to Damanisshallo and all here and I wish you all the best. From HR.

Damanisshallo wrote:
Hi Congratulatons.....when did you apply?

A.Jadoon

Post by A.Jadoon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

Congratulations to all those who got their freedom.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 am

Hrumy is HR on the Skydrive.
  • Name:- HR
    App Sent:- 20/12/2012
    Ack Ltr:- 02/01/2013
    Bio-Inv-Ltr:- 28/01/2013
    Bio-Enrl'd:- 29/01/2013
    Issued:- 22/03/2013
    PP Ret'd:- 27/03/2013
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 am

I applied on 22nd Sept and didn't get any decision yet. Meanwhile my wife who is my Tier 1(g) dependant Visa is expiring on 14th of April. I have to send her application.

Just wanted to know Is the FLR(m) the correct form for her or shall I use any other form. Because recently I have seen a bit confusion in the forum about the dependants of 10 yrs long residence.

Please advise.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

stoorrey wrote:I applied on 22nd Sept and didn't get any decision yet. Meanwhile my wife who is my Tier 1(g) dependant Visa is expiring on 14th of April. I have to send her application.

Just wanted to know Is the FLR(m) the correct form for her or shall I use any other form. Because recently I have seen a bit confusion in the forum about the dependants of 10 yrs long residence.

FLR(M) is the right form. The gamble you've read earlier is only applicable at PEO's. Use/tailor this Covering letter along with FLR(M) application.
Skydrives, Templates

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:46 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
stoorrey wrote:I applied on 22nd Sept and didn't get any decision yet. Meanwhile my wife who is my Tier 1(g) dependant Visa is expiring on 14th of April. I have to send her application.

FLR(M) is the right form. The gamble you've read earlier is only applicable at PEO's. Use/tailor this Covering letter along with FLR(M) application.
Thanks a lot Damanisshallo
I will surly use the letter you provided. Much Appreciated.
I Will also need some help with docs to be send with the application, I will double check with you when I prepare the application.

Regards