ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nobbly
Newly Registered

Re: Patience is key!!!

Post by Nobbly » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Nobbly wrote:Hi all

Well I have just decided to cancel my bookings today in order to get some money back rather than lose it all. I was due to travel on the 5th April 2013.
I am missing out on my best friend's wedding but at least she totally understands. The key now is to be patient.

My advice to those just after 6months please don't waste your credit calling 08706067766 because you will get very frustrated...I applied on 19/09/12 so over 6 months therefore I called 3 dfferent times yesterday and I got same responses.

I was lucky all of them were very professional and polite...the last guy I spoke to nicely made it clear to me...."I am sorry you just going to be patient and calling us will not help because there is nothing we can do but tell you IT'S NOT YET COMPLETED and when it's completed we will tell you IT'S COMPLETED AND SENT OUT... We can never know why it's not ready or when it will be ready so please just be patient"

And patient I am going to be. The great thing is the projects I am working on have accepted the acknowledgement letter in the meantime.

So yeh, guys lets be patient and I am off here now and will be back to share my success story when I eventually get my documents.

Good luck to you all still waiting!!!
I didnt think I would be sharing news this quick, a bit annoyed that I have already cancelled my flights however I am over the moon I have finally received something.

My documents with an aproval letter dated 25/03/13 arrived this morning, my wait has been just over 6 months.

I have been posting on a wrong board, I applied on 5yr work permit not 10yr

All the best

hrumy
Newly Registered

Post by hrumy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo to provide the information. My prayers are always with you. All the best.
Damanisshallo wrote:Hrumy is HR on the Skydrive.
  • Name:- HR
    App Sent:- 20/12/2012
    Ack Ltr:- 02/01/2013
    Bio-Inv-Ltr:- 28/01/2013
    Bio-Enrl'd:- 29/01/2013
    Issued:- 22/03/2013
    PP Ret'd:- 27/03/2013

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:39 pm

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:I am still waiting just like you. I have been student for the pass 14 years, no gaps, no criminal record, self funded all time, straight forward case. Is your case straight forward?
S17 wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
settlementnow wrote:
Hi there, I still haven't hear anything, been waiting since August. My lawyers have been calling them up but they say the application still isnt complete. I called the UKBA this afternoon and was told that the application was incomplete and they aimed to complete it within six months. When i pointed out that it had now in fact been 8 months I was told that this was probably because there were still going through people who had applied before me. I then pointed out that a few people who had applied after me had already received their documents back, and was told that they couldnt give me an answer for that! Absolutely ridiculous!
I am just curious and I don't want to open the pandora's box, but is it possible that being on the student visa for the required 10 years actually adversely affects the application? Being on the student visa and no proven work experience means the high risk of becoming unemployed? I think the probability of becoming unemployed at the early stage of your career depends on what you have studied and where you have studied relative to the current demand in the labour market. We can only guess as we wait for the decision...

Only if we knew how the application is processed in the home office...
All we know is that applications get moved around across the country from one office to another for some reason.

S17
Newly Registered

Post by S17 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 pm

I am just curious and I don't want to open the pandora's box, but is it possible that being on the student visa for the required 10 years actually adversely affects the application? Being on the student visa and no proven work experience means the high risk of becoming unemployed? I think the probability of becoming unemployed at the early stage of your career depends on what you have studied and where you have studied relative to the current demand in the labour market. We can only guess as we wait for the decision...

All we know is that applications get moved around across the country from one office to another for some reason.[/quote]

Hi Essentialsalt,

That might be true, however, I have shown that I did do work experience two days a week and was paid for it. I also included a letter from someone who is willing to hire me once I get my ILR as well as letters from close family (sisters etc) who live here and have citizenship arleady. I have been here for 11 years on a student visa, and came at a very young age, so I hope they do take this into account, as my formative years were spent in this country. My mother herself has british citizenship but does not live in this country. Maybe because I sent so many additional documents it might take longer, who knows. I did call again today and was told that my application was incomplete. I do believe, as someone said earlier that it only takes 45 minutes to make a decision so I do not understand what the hold up is. I almost wish I had applied later in September, as it seems they have stuck the july/august people with the olympics backlog. My lawyers were told that it could take a further 16 weeks after the biometrics were submitted. That would be the second week of February in my case, however, that hasnt materialised. My current visa was valid till May 2013, however, I graduated in August 2012 and the university sent them a letter to let them know that I had finished early and my visa should be cancelled. I even included this letter, but if they only glanced at my current leave to remain they might assume I still have leave to remain till may 2013. This could also be another factor but who knows.

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

I am in a similar situation as you, I came here at very young age. I think it could be because i gave them a lot of evidences of my pass years. So it may take longer for them to process. My university even contacted them and let them know that I already got a part time job with the uni.

I have ZERO idea on how the UKBA works. I guess that's one of the reason why they have to be broken it up. One thing for sure, this restructuring should help us a bit as their aim is to reduce the backlog??
S17 wrote:I am just curious and I don't want to open the pandora's box, but is it possible that being on the student visa for the required 10 years actually adversely affects the application? Being on the student visa and no proven work experience means the high risk of becoming unemployed? I think the probability of becoming unemployed at the early stage of your career depends on what you have studied and where you have studied relative to the current demand in the labour market. We can only guess as we wait for the decision...

All we know is that applications get moved around across the country from one office to another for some reason.
Hi Essentialsalt,

That might be true, however, I have shown that I did do work experience two days a week and was paid for it. I also included a letter from someone who is willing to hire me once I get my ILR as well as letters from close family (sisters etc) who live here and have citizenship arleady. I have been here for 11 years on a student visa, and came at a very young age, so I hope they do take this into account, as my formative years were spent in this country. My mother herself has british citizenship but does not live in this country. Maybe because I sent so many additional documents it might take longer, who knows. I did call again today and was told that my application was incomplete. I do believe, as someone said earlier that it only takes 45 minutes to make a decision so I do not understand what the hold up is. I almost wish I had applied later in September, as it seems they have stuck the july/august people with the olympics backlog. My lawyers were told that it could take a further 16 weeks after the biometrics were submitted. That would be the second week of February in my case, however, that hasnt materialised. My current visa was valid till May 2013, however, I graduated in August 2012 and the university sent them a letter to let them know that I had finished early and my visa should be cancelled. I even included this letter, but if they only glanced at my current leave to remain they might assume I still have leave to remain till may 2013. This could also be another factor but who knows.[/quote]

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 pm

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:I am in a similar situation as you, I came here at very young age. I think it could be because i gave them a lot of evidences of my pass years. So it may take longer for them to process. My university even contacted them and let them know that I already got a part time job with the uni.

I have ZERO idea on how the UKBA works. I guess that's one of the reason why they have to be broken it up. One thing for sure, this restructuring should help us a bit as their aim is to reduce the backlog??
S17 wrote:I am just curious and I don't want to open the pandora's box, but is it possible that being on the student visa for the required 10 years actually adversely affects the application? Being on the student visa and no proven work experience means the high risk of becoming unemployed? I think the probability of becoming unemployed at the early stage of your career depends on what you have studied and where you have studied relative to the current demand in the labour market. We can only guess as we wait for the decision...

Hi Essentialsalt,

That might be true, however, I have shown that I did do work experience two days a week and was paid for it. I also included a letter from someone who is willing to hire me once I get my ILR as well as letters from close family (sisters etc) who live here and have citizenship arleady. I have been here for 11 years on a student visa, and came at a very young age, so I hope they do take this into account, as my formative years were spent in this country. My mother herself has british citizenship but does not live in this country. Maybe because I sent so many additional documents it might take longer, who knows. I did call again today and was told that my application was incomplete. I do believe, as someone said earlier that it only takes 45 minutes to make a decision so I do not understand what the hold up is. I almost wish I had applied later in September, as it seems they have stuck the july/august people with the olympics backlog. My lawyers were told that it could take a further 16 weeks after the biometrics were submitted. That would be the second week of February in my case, however, that hasnt materialised. My current visa was valid till May 2013, however, I graduated in August 2012 and the university sent them a letter to let them know that I had finished early and my visa should be cancelled. I even included this letter, but if they only glanced at my current leave to remain they might assume I still have leave to remain till may 2013. This could also be another factor but who knows.
I think it could be that compassionate cases take up the time/priority. Maybe, young single people are not their priority? We should just wait and see how much longer it takes for them to process our files. There is no point in guessing, but we can't help it. Why do they need to move documents around so many times? Why do they make the empty promise? 45mins per case, (let's say) 20 case workers working 8am - 6pm with an hour for lunch, they can process at least 160 cases a day, 800 cases a week, 3200 cases a month. With a backlog, people normally do extra hours/weekends to catch up (as most people do in any business in the private and public sectors). Even with some difficult cases, 3000 a month seems reasonably achievable. I want to defend the hard-working civil servants, but they sometimes make it very hard. Let's see how they get on with the restructuring, and most importantly with our cases.

I don't mean to be over-critical of the home office.

Magic1597
Newly Registered

Post by Magic1597 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:01 am

Hi, I hope someone can assist.

I will be running about two months short for ILR on ten year rule. I was thinking to apply ( within 28 days of leave expiring) and hoping the application takes six months to be dealt with. Is anyone able to provide any assistance as I do not want my application to be returned as being too early and thereby possibly breaking my continuous stay.

Please help.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:05 am

Magic1597 wrote:Hi, I hope someone can assist.

I will be running about two months short for ILR on ten year rule. I was thinking to apply ( within 28 days of leave expiring) and hoping the application takes six months to be dealt with. Is anyone able to provide any assistance as I do not want my application to be returned as being too early and thereby possibly breaking my continuous stay.
Honestly speaking you have not completed 10 years lawful residence in the UK as your leave to remain had expired before you completed the 10 years. What you should do is apply for further leave to remain on your current leave and thereafter once you would have completed the gap then apply for ILR and pay the excess fees and ask the UKBA to vary your application to ILR from further leave to remain.

Now the guidance do state that there must be 10 years continuous leave to remain in the UK which you unfortunatley seem to fall short of , now there have been instances when the caseworker has been lenient and has granted leave to remain but in most cases they have strictly adhered to the rules and not granted ILR.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Magic1597
Newly Registered

Post by Magic1597 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
Magic1597 wrote:Hi, I hope someone can assist.

Honestly speaking you have not completed 10 years lawful residence in the UK as your leave to remain had expired before you completed the 10 years. What you should do is apply for further leave to remain on your current leave and thereafter once you would have completed the gap then apply for ILR and pay the excess fees and ask the UKBA to vary your application to ILR from further leave to remain.

Now the guidance do state that there must be 10 years continuous leave to remain in the UK which you unfortunatley seem to fall short of , now there have been instances when the caseworker has been lenient and has granted leave to remain but in most cases they have strictly adhered to the rules and not granted ILR.
Thank you. For your advice. I am currently under leave due to a pending appeal but this will be completed within 2 weeks. Most likely I will not be successful. Is there any application I can make whilst under this extended leave which I am told is 3c or 3d leave. I am really stressed about this so any advice will be so much appreciated.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

VOLO & 3C / 3D

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:37 am

Magic1597 wrote:Thank you. For your advice. I am currently under leave due to a pending appeal but this will be completed within 2 weeks. Most likely I will not be successful. Is there any application I can make whilst under this extended leave which I am told is 3c or 3d leave. I am really stressed about this so any advice will be so much appreciated.
Reading VOLO process might help you understand Section 3C.
SECTIONS 3C AND 3D OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 @Page 3 wrote:Applications lodged during leave under sections 3C and 3D
While either section 3C or 3D leave is in force, the applicant is not entitled to make any more applications for variation of leave to enter or remain. So even someone who marries after making an application to remain as a student cannot, while they have leave under section 3C, make a fresh application on the basis of the marriage. On the other hand, it is possible to vary the grounds of an application already made, even by introducing something completely new. A student application can be varied so as to include marriage grounds. If an application is varied before a decision is made, the applicant will be required to complete the necessary prescribed form to vary his application. If an application is varied post decision, it would be open to the applicant to submit further grounds to be considered at appeal. As a result, there may be little difference in practice between a fresh application and a request to vary an existing application. The distinction is made to ensure that all a person's grounds for wishing to remain in the UK result in one decision and thus one appeal. This 'one-stop ' principle - one application, one decision, one appeal - is essential to the
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

rainm
Newly Registered

Contacting MP

Post by rainm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 am

Hi, Iv been a silent reader on this forum for a while, and am so grateful for all the advice and information I have found here. I applied for ILR (10 yrs) just over 7 months ago and have not received my approval/documents yet. It has been extremely difficult and without this forum I would have gone mad I think. I am going to contact my MP, and was wondering if those who have done so successfully have contacted their MP by email or letter and if they had any advice. I have sent 2 letters and an email to the UKBA already with no response so I feel I must contact my MP now to avoid this application process being drawn out for another few months. I tried looking for the "letter to MP" template but couldnt find it in the templates section. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 am

@rainm

I think you can get ready to make a complaint to Ombudsman. However, you can tailor this template to suit your purpose.
Skydrives, Templates

kutub8090
Newly Registered

pls help

Post by kutub8090 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:16 pm

[quote="Damanisshallo"]@rainm

HELLO Damanisshallo AND all
PLS HELP ME GIVING ME RIGHT INFORMATION FOR FOLLOWING NEWS, as IT CAN HELP OTHERS.

One of my friends told me that "UKBA announced that "those postal application for ILR under 10 yr category submitted from 1st January 2013 to onward , 95% will get decision within 13 weeks and the rest (5%) will get decision within 6 month."
my friends heard from his friend.
pls let me if any one have this information with source.
(if it is true, what about the august application as i am one of victim).

z18runway

Re: pls help

Post by z18runway » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:02 pm

kutub8090 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:@rainm

PLS HELP ME GIVING ME RIGHT INFORMATION FOR FOLLOWING NEWS, as IT CAN HELP OTHERS.

One of my friends told me that "UKBA announced that "those postal application for ILR under 10 yr category submitted from 1st January 2013 to onward , 95% will get decision within 13 weeks and the rest (5%) will get decision within 6 month."
Any speculation without proof will not be encouraged.

essentialSalt

Re: Contacting MP

Post by essentialSalt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:28 pm

rainm wrote:Hi, Iv been a silent reader on this forum for a while, and am so grateful for all the advice and information I have found here. I applied for ILR (10 yrs) just over 7 months ago and have not received my approval/documents yet. It has been extremely difficult and without this forum I would have gone mad I think. I am going to contact my MP, and was wondering if those who have done so successfully have contacted their MP by email or letter and if they had any advice. I have sent 2 letters and an email to the UKBA already with no response so I feel I must contact my MP now to avoid this application process being drawn out for another few months. I tried looking for the "letter to MP" template but couldnt find it in the templates section. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
I am thinking about doing the same. But is it worth contacting the MP about this? What they can do is to call the home office on your behalf and maybe get a better (or more honest) answer such as "we are not meeting the 6 months target and the backlog like a traffic-jam is growing exponentially and we can't tell you when you receive your outcome." This is better than "we are doing best to meet the deadlines and you will know the outcome on your application as soon as we make the decision." To be fair to everyone, the home office can't just fast-track your application just because one of the MPs highlighted one case in the queue?

To those who have had MP's help, did contacting your MP actually make any difference to your application?

AMH

Post by AMH » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Cases can be expedite only for Compassionate circumstances!!
essentialSalt wrote:
rainm wrote:Hi, Iv been a silent reader on this forum for a while, and am so grateful for all the advice and information I have found here. I applied for ILR (10 yrs) just over 7 months ago and have not received my approval/documents yet. It has been extremely difficult and without this forum I would have gone mad I think. I am going to contact my MP, and was wondering if those who have done so successfully have contacted their MP by email or letter and if they had any advice. I have sent 2 letters and an email to the UKBA already with no response so I feel I must contact my MP now to avoid this application process being drawn out for another few months. I tried looking for the "letter to MP" template but couldnt find it in the templates section. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
I am thinking about doing the same. But is it worth contacting the MP about this? What they can do is to call the home office on your behalf and maybe get a better (or more honest) answer such as "we are not meeting the 6 months target and the backlog like a traffic-jam is growing exponentially and we can't tell you when you receive your outcome." This is better than "we are doing best to meet the deadlines and you will know the outcome on your application as soon as we make the decision." To be fair to everyone, the home office can't just fast-track your application just because one of the MPs highlighted one case in the queue?

To those who have had MP's help, did contacting your MP actually make any difference to your application?
7A8M6H

downlights

Post by downlights » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:56 pm

have just checked post office track and trace and see that my wife's return envelope has entered postal network and is on its way

have put the following on skydrive

name: mrs downlights
date of application: 02/08/2012
acknowledgement: 14/08/2012
biometric letter and enrolment: 15/11/2012
basis: 10 years long residence, student+T1, just a few days short of 18months maximum absence
passport return date: 02/04/2013
biometric card: 02/04/2013
status of application: approved
Last edited by downlights on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamfriend

Re: pls help

Post by dreamfriend » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:19 am

kutub8090 wrote:

Please Can you find out the source. It will give us hope who applied from January, Thanks

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 am

AMH wrote:Cases can be expedite only for Compassionate circumstances!!
essentialSalt wrote:

I think the only reason why an applicant contacts the MP is to raise awareness about how the home office works or the fact that the home office is not meeting the target/deadlines. I think if your MP feels that the home office is not treating applicants the way it should (given that those applicants meet all the requirements/rules for the visa/application), your MP could then try to find other MPs who feel the same way and make a case in Westminster as some MPs have done before.

pisces_kid
Newly Registered

Post by pisces_kid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
AMH wrote:Cases can be expedite only for Compassionate circumstances!!
essentialSalt wrote:

I think the only reason why an applicant contacts the MP is to raise awareness about how the home office works or the fact that the home office is not meeting the target/deadlines. I think if your MP feels that the home office is not treating applicants the way it should (given that those applicants meet all the requirements/rules for the visa/application), your MP could then try to find other MPs who feel the same way and make a case in Westminster as some MPs have done before.
#

I would suggest contacting MP's as soon as 6 mth mark reached. this may not have a strong impact but atleast this will give MP's a chance/evidence to raise their voice in the parliament.

dipmm2000d

Spouse n ilr

Post by dipmm2000d » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I need some suggestions regarding flm and set m issue. As I mentioned earlier I applied for my wife using Flm while waiting for my ilr . Now I received my ilr and still waiting for my wife visa , I want to know is there any way I take the advantage of old rules before 6th April ? After 6 April she will have to wait another 2 years as she was on student dependant visa. Any idea how do I do this? I was thinking to send another set m and requesting it to process after flm granted. Will it work?thanks

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:14 pm

I think you can get ready to make a complaint to Ombudsman. However, you can tailor this template to suit your purpose.
Hi dear i am also an applicant of early august 2012 i haven't hear any thing until now after biometric done in November i am bit worried as i believe i have 2 possible issues

1]in 2006 I was married to a British citizen & was on a spouse visa but some how things were not going well so we separated I left U.K and I went back home on 30th April 2006 on the last day of my leave to remain to be expired without being overstayed and within the valid leave,

As soon as I went there on 30th April 2006 I applied for student visa and got it issued on 30 June 2006 (within 02 months of last LTR expired) but I could only travel back to U.K on 30th Sept 2006 ( after 05 months of Leaving U.K ) due to mitigating circumstances ( mother had CVA) (i was out of U.K when I had gap in leaves & duration out of U.K was less than 6 months )

more over I was on the half way of my already continued study of MBA, so to complete it I need to apply for a student visa from back home as the recent change in immigration rules were not allowing switching within the U.K from a spouse to a student visa, so I did not apply for student visa within the U.K and went back home 30Th April 2006 to do so

CAN ANY ONE PLZ SHARE Their KNOWLEDGE WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING ILR ?

Do my long residency of 10 years is maintained or Broken?

SECONDLY

jan 2008 student extension IN TIME application came back due to fee not authorized by bank and had to send it back within 06 days but i don't had visa in these 06 days

these 06 days can be considered as gap and can lead to refusal ?

Any one who had similar situation and got ILR approved plz share ur experience it will be a great relief

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi
I applied in Oct 2012 still waiting too, During 2005 immigration matter arise against me as working allegation, I appeal against moving direction and allegation, my leave to remain expired during 30th March 2006. I appeal carry on until 2007, when HO took case back and allow me and gave me leave. as per 3D or 3C allow leave extended, So a bit stress, my T1 expire as still ILR not been decided. I have 11 years in this country, I am qualified teacher working in college. my family in UK last 8 year I applied for them DL , so let see where life will take.

So you be positive hope you will get positive result too.

Regards
Amjad

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:26 pm

shazib1786 wrote:As soon as I went there on 30th April 2006 I applied for student visa and got it issued on 30 June 2006 (within 02 months of last LTR expired) but I could only travel back to U.K on 30th Sept 2006 ( after 05 months of Leaving U.K ) due to mitigating circumstances ( mother had CVA) (i was out of U.K when I had gap in leaves & duration out of U.K was less than 6 months )

Do my long residency of 10 years is maintained or Broken?

maintained.
Long Residence @ page 22 wrote:Time spent outside the UK
Continuous lawful residence is not broken if the applicant has a gap of leave outside the UK of less than six months. For example, applicants who leave the UK before their valid leave expires and obtain fresh entry clearance and re-enter the UK do not break continuous lawful residence, providing the absence from the UK is less than six months. See example 1 below.
SECONDLY

jan 2008 student extension IN TIME application came back due to fee not authorized by bank and had to send it back within 06 days but i don't had visa in these 06 days

The caseworker can use discretion in this case. See below.
Long Residence @ page 23 wrote:Example 1
An applicant has a single gap in their lawful residence due to submitting an application seven days out of time. All other applications have been submitted in time, throughout the 10 years period.
Question

Would you be right to use discretion in this case?
Answer: Yes. The applicant has a single gap and submitted their application less than 10 days out of time.
Skydrives, Templates

jinat4671
Newly Registered

10 yy ilr

Post by jinat4671 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:43 am

i was a silent reader of this site
i got ilr approved 10 y long reci...
my time line
03/01/13 app sent
12/01/13 acco received
28/01/13 bio invitation
30/01/13 bio enrolled
27/03/13 approbal letter received
brp waiting

i applied myself... only passport and life in the uk test.. no other document,
7 years student + 2 years psw+1 years student = 10 years..