ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW DEPENDENT VISA REFUSED

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chandrasid
Newly Registered

PSW DEPENDENT VISA REFUSED

Post by chandrasid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello, I applied for my Tier 1 PSW dependent visa on 25th Jan 2013. After waiting for 40 working days , I got my visa refused.
In my case I was on tier 1 PSW when I actually applied for my dependent visa. I came to India for switching into dependent route. My PSW was expiring on March 21st. I had submitted my existing PSW BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT along with my application. But British commission chennai refused my application saying that I did not submit my BRP. Now with my Tier 1 PSW visa expired, do I still have to submit my BRP if I am reapplying for my visa???

I am totally confused as my dependent visa was refused on 21st March, the same day in which my actual PSW visa expires? The BRP was lost at the British high commission chennai.

can any1 please advice me what I should do. Its really frustrating ....the way whole process was carried out.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:08 pm

It would be better if you typed the exact wording of the refusal notice, as what you have thus stated makes absolutely no sense and is not sufficient to garner relevant comment or assistance.

chandrasid
Newly Registered

Post by chandrasid » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks lucapooka

In simple words, they refused my visa saying that I did nt submit my BRP. Actually, I submitted all the documents including my BRP. It seems to lost . Now my PSW has expired, I am planning to file a new application.

Do I need to provide any evidence regarding my BRP?? I have reported the matter to the police. Will it be enough if I submit the police report explaining what has happened with my BRP??

I was switching from TIER 1 PSW to TIER 1 PSW dependent.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:39 pm

In simple words:
Lucapooka wrote:It would be better if you typed the exact wording of the refusal notice, as what you have thus stated makes absolutely no sense and is not sufficient to garner relevant comment or assistance.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:06 am

chandrasid wrote:Thanks lucapooka

In simple words, they refused my visa saying that I did nt submit my BRP. Actually, I submitted all the documents including my BRP. It seems to lost . Now my PSW has expired, I am planning to file a new application.

Do I need to provide any evidence regarding my BRP?? I have reported the matter to the police. Will it be enough if I submit the police report explaining what has happened with my BRP??

I was switching from TIER 1 PSW to TIER 1 PSW dependent.
Sorry chandrasid,I didnt understand your question as you told your psw expired on 21st march and dependant application was refused on 21st march.So under what category you have planned to make a new application and from where?
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

chandrasid
Newly Registered

Post by chandrasid » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I was on PSW. My visa expired on 21st march 2013. I came to India in jan and applied for my tier 1 psw dependent visa. i wanted to switch my visa into dependent visa. I submitted my PSW biometric residence permit with my visa application. It was lost or misplaced at british high commission chennai. They refused my visa stating that I did not submit my BRP.

they were so clever that they refused my visa the same day my BRP was expiring , so that I cant reapply for a BRP