ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ac123
Newly Registered

Re: third party support

Post by ac123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
ac123 wrote:she is on student dependant visa for last 6 years.
Doesn't she fall under Old rules then? Why are you bothered to prove your income? Aren't you meant to show that you can maintain without relying on Public Funds?

So I presume you'd skip answering Section 7A and jump to Section 7B as per below
Section 7A wrote:If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE.
Section 7B wrote:does a relative or friend of you or your sponsor, regularly give you money?
Yes she is under old rules but my worries is third party is my brother who is not a settled person in the uk. Does he need to be uk based? Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 am

ac123 wrote:Yes she is under old rules but my worries is third party is my brother who is not a settled person in the uk. Does he need to be uk based? Thanks
I still don't get it. Where does it asks you if the third party is based in UK or Abroad?

All I can see is, "does a relative or friend of you or your sponsor, regularly give you money?" Yes/No followed by "If yes, how much do you receive each month". £_________

Am I missing something elsewhere?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ac123
Newly Registered

Post by ac123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
ac123 wrote:Yes she is under old rules but my worries is third party is my brother who is not a settled person in the uk. Does he need to be uk based? Thanks
I still don't get it. Where does it asks you if the third party is based in UK or Abroad?

All I can see is, "does a relative or friend of you or your sponsor, regularly give you money?" Yes/No followed by "If yes, how much do you receive each month". £_________

Am I missing something elsewhere?
Yes it does not say in the form but if you see the guidance for maintenance and accommodation under part 8 it says third party support allowed which only mentioned fAmily or friends in the uk can support them. So I was thinking what about then the person from outside the uk who wants to be a third party sponsor ? Will this be accepted ? Thanks I hope you got my point that I m worried about. Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:46 pm

ac123 wrote:Yes it does not say in the form but if you see the guidance for maintenance and accommodation under part 8 it says third party support allowed which only mentioned fAmily or friends in the uk can support them. So I was thinking what about then the person from outside the uk who wants to be a third party sponsor ? Will this be accepted ? Thanks I hope you got my point that I m worried about. Thanks
5.1. Assistance from other sources wrote:A couple or other applicant who is/are unable to produce sufficient evidence to meet the maintenance requirement may provide an undertaking from members of their families that those members will support the couple/ applicant until they are able to support themselves from their own resources. Third party support is not precluded from consideration under the maintenance requirements relating to spouses, civil partners, fiancé(e)s, proposed civil partners, unmarried partners, same-sex partners, children, parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives of sponsors who are settled in the UK. The caseworker will need to verify and assess an offer of third party support in order to determine whether an applicant satisfies the requirement that he/ she can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds. The caseworker may request evidence (e.g. original bank statements over at least three months) of the third party‟s assets.

It is open to the caseworker to ask a third party offering long-term support to become a joint sponsor and to give an undertaking (under paragraph 35 HC 395) to underwrite his commitment. Please see IDI chapter 1 Modernised Guidance “Public Funds” (section entitled “Maintenance undertakings”) for more information.
The extract from the above quote in your case would be
Third party support is not precluded (Precluded means making impossible so, the word "not Precluded" means not making impossible which in other words is "possible") from consideration under the maintenance requirements relating to spouses (Your Missus) of sponsors (which I presume is yourself) who are settled in the UK.
Now re-read it. However, seek for a second opinion, I could be completely wrong.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ac123
Newly Registered

Post by ac123 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
ac123 wrote:Yes it does not say in the form but if you see the guidance for maintenance and accommodation under part 8 it says third party support allowed which only mentioned fAmily or friends in the uk can support them. So I was thinking what about then the person from outside the uk who wants to be a third party sponsor ? Will this be accepted ? Thanks I hope you got my point that I m worried about. Thanks
5.1. Assistance from other sources wrote:A couple or other applicant who is/are unable to produce sufficient evidence to meet the maintenance requirement may provide an undertaking from members of their families that those members will support the couple/ applicant until they are able to support themselves from their own resources. Third party support is not precluded from consideration under the maintenance requirements relating to spouses, civil partners, fiancé(e)s, proposed civil partners, unmarried partners, same-gender partners, children, parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives of sponsors who are settled in the UK. The caseworker will need to verify and assess an offer of third party support in order to determine whether an applicant satisfies the requirement that he/ she can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds. The caseworker may request evidence (e.g. original bank statements over at least three months) of the third party‟s assets.

It is open to the caseworker to ask a third party offering long-term support to become a joint sponsor and to give an undertaking (under paragraph 35 HC 395) to underwrite his commitment. Please see IDI chapter 1 Modernised Guidance “Public Funds” (section entitled “Maintenance undertakings”) for more information.
The extract from the above quote in your case would be
Third party support is not precluded (Precluded means making impossible so, the word "not Precluded" means not making impossible which in other words is "possible") from consideration under the maintenance requirements relating to spouses (Your Missus) of sponsors (which I presume is yourself) who are settled in the UK.
Now re-read it. However, seek for a second opinion, I could be completely wrong.
thanks Damanisshallo i agree with you and seems ok with me but IDI below makes me confused though this are for Fiance(e)s/Proposed Civil Partners.(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary)

Maintenance
The maintenance test will in most cases be based on the sponsor's
income/employment and the applicant's employment prospects. There will also be cases where a friend or relative in the United Kingdom may offer assistance until the marriage or the civil partnership takes place and the applicant is free to take employment. An applicant may have a specific job waiting for him. Where he is relying on this job offer to meet the maintenance requirement of the Rules,care should be taken that the job offer is genuine and will be held open for him until such time as he is free to take employment
Last edited by ac123 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

decentkhuu
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help - ILR 10 years route.....

Post by decentkhuu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jaberdene wrote:anyway so your answer bit changed than previous one in which you said I shoud declare my 19 years old son at 4.8 question,
Now that, you wouldn't proceed further after 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 I'd say yes you don't have to mention anything in 4.8. However, you will come across a question in Section 7 where it says "7.12 Does anyone other than your partner live in the property?" This is where you got to mention about your son if he still lives with you.
Ok good stuff, thank you Dam.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 pm

ac123 wrote:Fiance(e)s/Proposed Civil Partners.(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary)

Maintenance
The maintenance test will in most cases be based on the sponsor's
income/employment and the applicant's employment prospects. There will also be cases where a friend or relative in the United Kingdom may offer assistance until the marriage or the civil partnership takes place and the applicant is free to take employment. An applicant may have a specific job waiting for him. Where he is relying on this job offer to meet the maintenance requirement of the Rules,care should be taken that the job offer is genuine and will be held open for him until such time as he is free to take employment
I would think this is with reference to Fiance (where they are not allowed to work until they switch to FLR(M)) or Proposed Civil Partners (where the members are yet to get into a relationship officially) and I presume this shouldn't apply to you as you've said your partner is your "wife" indeed.
ac123 wrote:i want to apply for my wife flr m as she is on student dependant visa for last 6 years.
Skydrives, Templates

DB12

Post by DB12 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Reading the below guidance should help you find your answers regarding Maternity Leave.
Annex FM Section FM 1.7 @ Page 20 wrote:5.3.6. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in receipt of maternity, maternity, adoption or sick pay, the relevant date for considering the length of employment will be the date of commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick leave, not the date of application. The relevant period for calculating income from their salaried employment will also be the period prior to the commencement of the maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay and not the date of application. But the specified time periods for any other sources of income that are being combined will remain as set out in this guidance and in line with those not in receipt of maternity, paternity, adoption or sick pay.
[/quote][/quote]

Thanks Damanisshallo for your help,

finally i will fill-up FLR-M form tonight and i may come across some more queries....

hoping to post application latest by tomorrow....

missniu
Newly Registered

Post by missniu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi guys,

Following from the complaint emails some of us who applied in mid august sent a while back, after contacting my mp and gotten no response and my solicitor contacting UKBA (and being very slow about it because I always have to push him!!!), I have taken matters into my hands and sent them an email. I pray this helps.
Here is what I wrote:

UKBA Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
Date: 02/04/2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I understand from UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I found out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for an outcome from Home Office on their ILR application, whereas applicants who applied from late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) up until January 2013 have already received an outcome on their application. I found out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application time-lines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received an outcome on their application, this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

I will be grateful to you if you please raise this concern with relevant teams.

Kind regards,

Full Name: xxx
Address: xxx
Email: xxx
TELE:xxx

Home office reference number: xxx
Application sent: 15/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 20/08/2012

sach10

10 yrs ILR Received

Post by sach10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi all

First of all thanks for such wonderful site which helped me in very tough times and given good knowledge about immigration rules.

I received my ILR on 10yrs my time line below
Apllication sent 20.01.2013
Biometric done 05.02.2013
Ilr & documents received 02.04.2013
Stud.+psw+hsmp

Thanks for ever one who helped me.

kaalimurgi
Newly Registered

Post by kaalimurgi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks missniu I am really surprised and worried about the mid July and August applications why is such a long delay while applicants is Oct and Jan are daily getting their decisions daily. Really strange way of working by UKBA What is going on Really worrisome?
missniu wrote:Hi guys,

Following from the complaint emails some of us who applied in mid august sent a while back, after contacting my mp and gotten no response and my solicitor contacting UKBA (and being very slow about it because I always have to push him!!!), I have taken matters into my hands and sent them an email. I pray this helps.
Here is what I wrote:

Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir / Madam,

I understand from UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I found out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for an outcome from Home Office on their ILR application, whereas applicants who applied from late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) up until January 2013 have already received an outcome on their application. I found out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application time-lines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received an outcome on their application, this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

Kind regards,

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Here is what I wrote:

Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir / Madam,

Kind regards,

This is great and I can understand why you want to write to the UKBA after all other attempts to find out about whereabouts of your application have failed. But I think one has to make sure that all information is based on facts, rather than random information obtained from websites. The expressions like "almost all" suggests that you somehow have the data even the UKBA doesn't seem to have. Do you not think specific complaints are more useful/applicable than generic ones?

If you use a hypothetical "we," it could make you sound paranoid and too assertive about things you are unsure about. It's you that matters. It's you who has a problem with the broken promise. When you write a complaint to your university or college, it's your opinion that matters, not "the overwhelming majority of students" unless you have actually talked to all of them or at least some benchmark number of students that can be considered acceptable as a representative of the whole population.

But I personally share your sentiment without becoming too critical of how the UKBA works.

fazhaque

ILR - waiting and waiting...

Post by fazhaque » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Guys,
I am a September applicant waiting patiently looking at the mailbox day by day....this is seriously stressful!! I'm really surprised by some of the lucky guys who applied in January and getting their ILR!! I bet we still have people waiting applied back in August and even in July.............

AMH

Re: ILR - waiting and waiting...

Post by AMH » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm also a Sept applicant waiting patiently!!
All we can do is pray to move things swiftly
fazhaque wrote:Guys,
I am a September applicant waiting patiently looking at the mailbox day by day....this is seriously stressful!! I'm really surprised by some of the lucky guys who applied in January and getting their ILR!! I bet we still have people waiting applied back in August and even in July.............
7A8M6H

smshad

Post by smshad » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi,
I sent similar email on 8th March but did not receive any reply from UKBA other than automated email. I sent complaint email to my MP and he got back to me after speaking to UKBA and UKBA told him that they cant comment if some one has received their decision before other applicants.

I think we can only wait as things are being done completely random at Home Office.

Take care
Shad

Here is what I wrote:

Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir / Madam,

Kind regards,

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 pm

I personally think that we should all go to Liverpool and protest outside the building so that even caseworkers can also see how upset we are!

mer3090
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain

Post by mer3090 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi all,

I am a June applicant, submitted my ILR application around beginning of June, did my biometric around end of August and I am still waiting to receive my decision. The only thing I know is , my application is at UKBA at Liverpool but that's everything I know and I could not get an more information from them. My lawyer said I should wait another 1 month or 2 before contacting my MP. What do you guys think? Does contacting MP could be in any help?

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 pm

That's a good one!
Probably they are processing in a Reverse way :?:
specy_99 wrote:I personally think that we should all go to Liverpool and protest outside the building so that even caseworkers can also see how upset we are!
7A8M6H

zak786

Few days short of 10 years long residence(less than 28 days)

Post by zak786 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi saw a post on whatdotheyknow.com. I think some one in similar situation as mine got a reply from UKBA. However not sure if the reply addresses our situation.

"Dear UK Border Agency,

The UKBA website guidance form SET (O) version 12/2012 indicates
that an application under the 10 year rule can be made 28 days
prior to achieving 10 years of lawful residence in the UK.

However, it does not say clearly whether then applicant should have
a valid visa on the date his/her stay in the UK is to become 10
years.

Does this mean that if an applicant visa expires 27 days before
reaching 10years and he/she makes the application within 28 days
then the application is valid?

For example someone arrives in the Uk on the 15/06/2003 and his/
her current visa expires on the 20/05/2013, if an application for
ILR is made on the 20/05/2013 is it still valid as its 28 days
earlier?

I would also like to get clarification on lawful residence in the
UK regarding PSW, is it counted towards the 10 year rule for ILR?

Yours faithfully,
Jay"

UKBA reply:

"Dear Sir,

You correctly identify that you can submit an application for Long Residence in the UK up to 28 days prior to completing the qualifying period. If you have valid leave at the time of applying but your leave ends before the UK Border Agency have had the opportunity to process your application you will be deemed to have continuing leave to remain in the United Kingdom under the provisions of 3c leave. This means that you are entitled to remain under the conditions of the leave that has just expired. For current processing times you should check the UK Border Agency website.

I can also confirm that leave spent in the UK as a Post Study Worker does count towards the qualifying period for Long Residence.

Regards

Settlement Ops Policy"

z18runway

Re: 10 yrs ILR Received

Post by z18runway » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm

sach10 wrote:Hi all

First of all thanks for such wonderful site which helped me in very tough times and given good knowledge about immigration rules.

I received my ILR on 10yrs my time line below
Apllication sent 20.01.2013
Biometric done 05.02.2013
Ilr & documents received 02.04.2013
Stud.+psw+hsmp

Thanks for ever one who helped me.
oohhhh, great, iam near to your timeline

pisces_kid
Newly Registered

courier/normal post

Post by pisces_kid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:42 am

Can some one who received their visas clarify if the documents are delivered by regular post (as they used to do) or is it a signed for delivery? I live on 5th floor and this info saves me from checking my postbox every 2 hours on my days off work....this is getting desperate and ridiculous day by day

Hyper-PK

Home Office to go on strike this week

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 am

Home Office to go on strike this week

" The Home Office and UK Border Agency (UKBA) staff are to go on strike, or what the PCS union calls ‘industrial action’, this week, which will affect migrant applications and appointments. "

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/category/news

newbie.scott

Re: ILR - waiting and waiting...

Post by newbie.scott » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 am

Me too..

I think It might be possible that UKBA decided to work on the new applications (made after 1st January), rather then keep working on ever ending backlogs, so that they can claim to have reduced processing times now to 3 months? Of course as well as working on backlogs aside, may be not with much priority..Just a thought...

AMH wrote:I'm also a Sept applicant waiting patiently!!
All we can do is pray to move things swiftly
fazhaque wrote:Guys,

essentialSalt

Re: Indefinite leave to remain

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

mer3090 wrote:Hi all,

I am a June applicant, submitted my ILR application around beginning of June, did my biometric around end of August and I am still waiting to receive my decision. The only thing I know is , my application is at UKBA at Liverpool but that's everything I know and I could not get an more information from them. My lawyer said I should wait another 1 month or 2 before contacting my MP. What do you guys think? Does contacting MP could be in any help?
If you wait another month, it will have been a year since you submitted your application.

(Given that your application is straight-forward and there are no complications such as years spent as an asylum seeker, not meeting the 10 year requirements, dodgy immigration history), I would call the UKBA and demand some explanation (but as nicely, politely and reasonably as possible). I would avoid confrontation at any cost. Can you share reasons why your lawyer thinks that it is a good idea to wait another month before contacting the MP?
Last edited by essentialSalt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Re: Home Office to go on strike this week

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am

Hyper-PK wrote:Home Office to go on strike this week

" The Home Office and UK Border Agency (UKBA) staff are to go on strike, or what the PCS union calls ‘industrial action’, this week, which will affect migrant applications and appointments. "

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/category/news
I really don't know what to make of this. I should reserve my judgment.