ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Children who born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

mprmani
Newly Registered

ILR for Children who born in UK

Post by mprmani » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 am

Hello,

I am going to apply ILR in Apr for me and my wife, but my question is do I need to apply ILR for my son who is born in UK.

Currently my son is holding india passport, please suggest me.

My Visa Details
-------------------

Tier 2 ICT

All three of us having Tier 2 Valid Visa until 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:35 am

No you don't. You can registered child on MN1 under Section 1(3) as British Citizen as soon as you receive your ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mprmani
Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 am

We have consultted one of the immigration lawyer, he told us that we need to apply ILR for my child as well. Because currently he is holding Tier 2 ICT dependant visa and India passport, if we apply Citizenship using parents ILR that will not match.

So really I have confused.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 am

Please read the information on Children in the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

MN1 applications under Section 1(3) is entitlement as the child was born in the UK.

The advise you have been given is incorrect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 am

Immigration status of child (born in the UK) is not relevant to child's entitlement, after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mprmani
Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:54 am

Hi,

Most of them are recommending to apply ILR for my son as well. because citizenship will take 4 months and not clear about the below statement.

In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.

I have checked with solicitors and they are recommending to apply ILR for my son as well. (below statement)

I can confirm that your son would need to have ILR in order to apply with you to acquire British nationality.

Please suggest me.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:00 pm

mprmani wrote:Hi,

In the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status.
Re-read that statement. Once you get ILR, your UK-born child is eligible to become registered as a British Citizen. He or she does not need ILR to do this. It will save the cost of his application.

Perhaps these lawyers get more commission for 'helping' with his application?

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:04 pm

It's not the first time I am hearing solicitor(s) giving wrong advice. You can surely get ILR for you UK born under 18 kids (regardless of their age) as soon as one of the parents get ILR.........I know a family who did this without any issue.

mprmani
Newly Registered

Post by mprmani » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Thank you for your advises.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am

physicskate wrote:
mprmani wrote:Hi,

Re-read that statement. Once you get ILR, your UK-born child is eligible to become registered as a British Citizen. He or she does not need ILR to do this. It will save the cost of his application.

Perhaps these lawyers get more commission for 'helping' with his application?
Hello physicskate,
could you please clarify what information to fill in section 1.3 when applying for a child born in the UK on application form MN1

See below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence. D D M M Y Y Y Y
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:07 am

CR001 wrote:Please read the information on Children in the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

MN1 applications under Section 1(3) is entitlement as the child was born in the UK.

The advise you have been given is incorrect.

Hello CR001,
please clarify what information to fill in section 1.3 when applying for a child born in the UK on application form MN1

See below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence. D D M M Y Y Y Y
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Hello Vinny, many thanks for the link of thread clarifying my question above. Much appreciated.

zwadi

Re: ILR for Children who born in UK

Post by zwadi » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello Respected Members,

I hope you will help me. I have searched on this forum but still not clear so I thought I would ask your opinion rather getting more confused.

My son was born in the UK when I was on tier 1 visa but now I got ILR but my wife and him still on depedant visa and I want to apply for my son British citizenship.

Can you please advise onto the following questions:

1. Which form to use for him ?

2. What's a difference between naturalisation for child or register as BC?

if you can send me the link of the form that I need to use then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Za
zwadi

vinny

Re: ILR for Children who born in UK

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm

1. MN1
2. Naturalisation is only for adults. For children, it's Registration.