ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zak786

Few Days short of 10 years long residence

Post by zak786 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:47 pm

For people who have less than 28 days shortfall in completing 10 years long residence. Please check the following links

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-352231

and see also:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-373609

smshad

Write to Home Affairs Committee

Post by smshad » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi,

I agree with your thoughts, becuse MP's Home Affairs Committee has recently published and criticised UKBA for not meeting any targets, so UKBA started to process latest applications to improve their stats.

I am thinking to write anonymous letter to MP's Home Affairs Committee requesting them to urgently investigate this matter otherwise remaning June/July/August/Sept applicants' wait will become longer and longer.

how many of us agree to write to this committee?

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744
e -mail homeaffcom@parliament.uk
newbie.scott wrote: I think It might be possible that UKBA decided to work on the new applications (made after 1st January), rather then keep working on ever ending backlogs, so that they can claim to have reduced processing times now to 3 months? Of course as well as working on backlogs aside, may be not with much priority..Just a thought

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 pm

I am getting sick and tired of waiting now! I called them twice today..one adviser kept speaking over me and I told her off to let me finish first. She kept saying that she doesn't know what is happening with my application. I responded by saying (as I had enough of this response): Am I not calling the UKBA? if yes then provide me with an individual answer to what is happening with my case! she called me rude and disconnected!

MP called and was told the same thing apparently. I have written to them, MP has written and called them...I really dont know what to do!

I am seriously thinking of going to Liverpool and protest anyone else want to do this?

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm

How long have you been waiting, specy_99?

I applied end of August, 7 months completed, 8th month this, not sure how long it will take. Called the UKBA like most people, was told to wait. Absolute rubbish...

BTW, say we get our stuff back after 10 months, does it mean we can apply for Nationality any quicker?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 pm

segs2tier1 wrote:BTW, say we get our stuff back after 10 months, does it mean we can apply for Nationality any quicker?
Yes, you can do so. Read more...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 pm

If you read your UKBA acknowledgement letter, it only says we aim to process 99% of applications within 6 months. It doesn't say we process 99% of applications within 6 months. So technically, they haven't done anything wrong. They are just not great at managing people's expectations. Protesting is such a drastic measure and I wouldn't dream of doing it. People should calm down and continue to be patient because that's all we can do.

Things like this happen when you are dealing with other central government organisations as well. How long would it take for the DWP to respond to your query? And the DWP has JobCentre Plus across the country. Even if changes are introduced now, realistically, it takes years for people to actually see those changes because of the complexity of the existing system.

You can't say "I will change everything today and start from scratch" because you have to ensure the continued operation. Everything is so centralised and as a result an organisation like the home office becomes quite bureaucratic. There is a good reason why a visa application abroad (through a British consulate) takes only a couple of days if not hours whereas the same visa application takes more than 3 months to process in the home office.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Write to Home Affairs Committee

Post by saanju9 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Hello guys, been on a holiday for a week and I had to read about 20 pages to update myself on this thread (still need to go through another thread, although there are not as many posts as this one).

BTW still no news

smshad wrote:Hi,

I agree with your thoughts, becuse MP's Home Affairs Committee has recently published and criticised UKBA for not meeting any targets, so UKBA started to process latest applications to improve their stats.

I am thinking to write anonymous letter to MP's Home Affairs Committee requesting them to urgently investigate this matter otherwise remaning June/July/August/Sept applicants' wait will become longer and longer.

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744
newbie.scott wrote: I think It might be possible that UKBA decided to work on the new applications (made after 1st January), rather then keep working on ever ending backlogs, so that they can claim to have reduced processing times now to 3 months? Of course as well as working on backlogs aside, may be not with much priority..Just a thought

Do agree... I will put my name on that...I got nothing to lose
specy_99 wrote:

I am seriously thinking of going to Liverpool and protest anyone else want to do this?
Its pretty cold out there...I would advice everyone to take a good jacket and a bottle of whisky, just in case the protest gets going too long (I am still finding wit in my distress)

Anyways, do let me know if you guys are REALLY up for it.. I will book another week off at work (just for the sake of annoying my manager) and will join you

Regards Saanju

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:30 pm

@smshad

of course they are in the process of RE-BRANDING themselves from UKBA to Home Office again, just to show that the govt has taken considerable steps to address backlogs and other immigration related issues..good game..

Do send me(PM me) if you draft any letter to HAC..will send it myself too..

Cheers..

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Its may be a good Idea to SHAME them rather than protesting against them by sending sweets, flowers, get well soon cards :)

Poor individual caseworkers what else they can do? if the govt cant allocate resources such as increasing the number of case workers, better systems, etc..

saanju9 wrote:Hello guys, been on a holiday for a week and I had to read about 20 pages to update myself on this thread (still need to go through another thread, although there are not as many posts as this one).

BTW still no news

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744

specy_99 wrote:

Its pretty cold out there...I would advice everyone to take a good jacket and a bottle of whisky, just in case the protest gets going too long (I am still finding wit in my distress)

Anyways, do let me know if you guys are REALLY up for it.. I will book another week off at work (just for the sake of annoying my manager) and will join you

Regards Saanju

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm

newbie.scott wrote:Its may be a good Idea to SHAME them rather than protesting against them by sending sweets, flowers, get well soon cards :)

Poor individual caseworkers what else they can do? if the govt cant allocate resources such as increasing the number of case workers, better systems, etc..

saanju9 wrote:Hello guys, been on a holiday for a week and I had to read about 20 pages to update myself on this thread (still need to go through another thread, although there are not as many posts as this one).

BTW still no news

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744

specy_99 wrote:

Regards Saanju
Contacted MP twice , got general standard reply from UKBA, in Q, sent ukba complain email but no reply received yet. it's been over 7 month and 10 days since applied. Don't know what to do. Seems like July/Aug application has been dumped in the backlog. Where set m, FLR m etc getting theirs reply with in 2-3 months. I wish we could raised our concern with any media Chanel but again thinking that UKBA has too many genuine excuses to avoide any medium of pressure from any one.
So just praying May Allah give us patience in this difficult time. Amin.!

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:23 pm

I applied in August too! Peaceful protest is legal in the UK. Sanju...dont think they will like the idea of us having a drunken protest lol I think I am going to wait for few more weeks till my patience completely goes! I will inform my MP before I plan to go ahead with the protest even on my own!

Code: Select all

newbie.scott wrote:	
Its may be a good Idea to SHAME them rather than protesting against them by sending sweets, flowers, get well soon cards Smile

saanju9 wrote:	
Hello guys, been on a holiday for a week and I had to read about 20 pages to update myself on this thread (still need to go through another thread, although there are not as many posts as this one).

BTW still no news

smshad wrote:	
Hi,

Home Affairs Committee
House of Commons
7 Millbank
London SW1P 3JA
Telephone 020 7219 3276
Fax 020 7219 2744

newbie.scott wrote:	

I think It might be possible that UKBA decided to work on the new applications (made after 1st January), rather then keep working on ever ending backlogs, so that they can claim to have reduced processing times now to 3 months? Of course as well as working on backlogs aside, may be not with much priority..Just a thought	

specy_99 wrote:	

Regards Saanju	

Contacted MP twice , got general standard reply from UKBA, in Q, sent ukba complain email but no reply received yet. it's been over 7 month and 10 days since applied. Don't know what to do. Seems like July/Aug application has been dumped in the backlog. Where set m, FLR m etc getting theirs reply with in 2-3 months. I wish we could raised our concern with any media Chanel but again thinking that UKBA has too many genuine excuses to avoide any medium of pressure from any one.
So just praying May Allah give us patience in this difficult time. Amin.!

mer3090
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite leave to remain

Post by mer3090 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:29 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
mer3090 wrote:Hi all,

I am a June applicant, submitted my ILR application around beginning of June, did my biometric around end of August and I am still waiting to receive my decision. The only thing I know is , my application is at UKBA at Liverpool but that's everything I know and I could not get an more information from them. My lawyer said I should wait another 1 month or 2 before contacting my MP. What do you guys think? Does contacting MP could be in any help?
If you wait another month, it will have been a year since you submitted your application.

(Given that your application is straight-forward and there are no complications such as years spent as an asylum seeker, not meeting the 10 year requirements, dodgy immigration history), I would call the UKBA and demand some explanation (but as nicely, politely and reasonably as possible). I would avoid confrontation at any cost. Can you share reasons why your lawyer thinks that it is a good idea to wait another month before contacting the MP?
my lawyer said he had some ILR application recently which he waited for around 11 months that's why he said why not wait for couple of more months since we waited that long. But it is really stressful waiting that long and time really go so slow.

andie_83

Re: urgent help - ILR 10 years route.....

Post by andie_83 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 pm

I agree with sending a strong letter like this one.
I also agree that maybe minor changes need to be made.
But mentioning that others are receiving their applications before you is essential as this is not your first letter. I am sure all the other times you complaint you only talked about yourself and your case but the fact that others are getting their documents before you it does dig a bit on the wound.

Best of lucks!
missniu wrote:Hi guys,

Following from the complaint emails some of us who applied in mid august sent a while back, after contacting my mp and gotten no response and my solicitor contacting UKBA (and being very slow about it because I always have to push him!!!), I have taken matters into my hands and sent them an email. I pray this helps.
Here is what I wrote:

UKBA Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
Date: 02/04/2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I understand from UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I found out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for an outcome from Home Office on their ILR application, whereas applicants who applied from late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) up until January 2013 have already received an outcome on their application. I found out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application time-lines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received an outcome on their application, this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

I will be grateful to you if you please raise this concern with relevant teams.

Kind regards,

Full Name: xxx
Address: xxx
Email: xxx
TELE:xxx

Home office reference number: xxx
Application sent: 15/08/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 20/08/2012

kjess
Newly Registered

Post by kjess » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi Damanisshallo, even the 'Nationality Policy Team' said "In general terms, we would expect to exercise this discretion where the delay was due to failings on the part of the UK Border Agency." But I reckon she didn't recommend people to try that because it heavily depends on individual case worker's judgement and the fees can not be refunded. Have we known any person applied successfully under this condition? Many thanks!

Damanisshallo wrote:
segs2tier1 wrote:BTW, say we get our stuff back after 10 months, does it mean we can apply for Nationality any quicker?
Yes, you can do so. Read more...

kjess
Newly Registered

Post by kjess » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:19 pm

Guys, the Dispatch of Immigration Undercover will be on Channel 4 next Monday 8th April. Hopefully it'll raise more awareness of huge backlog in UKBA. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... /episode-8

Izno

Set (o) 10 years time line applied in August

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Hello guys , I have been a silent reader due to the long awaiting wait , i wanted to post my timeline for Set ( O ) 10 years residency .

Application Sent on 09/ August /12
Acknowledgement Received 16/08/12.
Biometric given 3/12/12 ( letter dated 20/11/12)

now still awaiting for how long...?!!...very stressed...

There is no way i can contact ukba as the 870 number does not go through also i dont want to spend more on premium calls.

Does anyone the Liverpool office number please, any idea how long i need to wait to get a response . Whats the next route ?

Many thanks .
Last edited by Izno on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaalimurgi
Newly Registered

Re: Set (o) 10 years time line applied in August

Post by kaalimurgi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Try this number in the morning and you will definitely get an answer by pressing option 4 and then 2 but the answer is always same @your application is still incomplete. They are not processing July and August applications at the moment due to unknown reasons. I think just 2-3 August applications are processed during the last 1 month in this forum. really worrisome

Izno wrote:Hello guys , I have been a silent reader due to the long awaiting response from UKBA , i wanted to post my timeline for Set ( O ) 10 years residency .

Application Sent on 09/ August /12
Acknowledgement Received 16/08/12.
Biometric given 3/12/12 ( letter dated 20/11/12)

now still awaiting for how long...?!!...very stressed...

There is no way i can contact ukba as the 870 number does not go through also i dont want to spend more on premium calls.

Does anyone the Liverpool office number please, any idea how long i need to wait to get a response . Whats the next route ?

Many thanks .

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 pm

It's not just July and aug applications which are left aside dear, it's also Sept applicants. It's 7 months today for me and I have not been sleeping well wondering when my passport will arrive. I was supposed to fly back to my home country tmrw :( I feel like I should slit my wrist once more to ease the pain

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi guys i am also august 2012 applicant on set o , long residency but still waiting, send a reminder letter to liverpool office on 22 nd march but no reply also called twice on 08706067766 but the answer was same its not completed yet. even i asked her if it is allocated to a case worker , she replied there is limited information available on screen for her to tell . My MP wrote them on 27th march still waiting to hear from them .

GUYs plz advise me my tier 1 general visa extension is due on first week of June

Should i withdraw this application if not decided by the time of T 1 General extension and re apply after getting extension , my main concern is i don't want to loose one bird in hand in the hope of two in bush .

If i continue with this application and lets for example negative decision comes in August or September ( after 3 or 4 months of tier 1 general extension date which is 1st week of June ) Will i be still able to apply for extension of tier 1 general ( if i need ) at that time .

Or

in other scenario if negative decision comes in April or May before the extension of current tier1 general visa ( as valid leave so no right of appeal will be given ) i go for court review and review takes 3 or 4 months to be decided so will i be able to get tier 1 general extension after 4 months of extension due date .

Thanks

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:28 am

specy_99 wrote:I am getting sick and tired of waiting now! I called them twice today..one adviser kept speaking over me and I told her off to let me finish first. She kept saying that she doesn't know what is happening with my application. I responded by saying (as I had enough of this response): Am I not calling the UKBA? if yes then provide me with an individual answer to what is happening with my case! she called me rude and disconnected!

MP called and was told the same thing apparently. I have written to them, MP has written and called them...I really dont know what to do!

Hi specy_99,
I am very much interested go to Liverpool and do protest with you.
I am sure it will help us to get our decision.
if any one else interested let us know.

Escob
Newly Registered

Post by Escob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:36 am

I am a June applicant, submitted my ILR application around beginning of June, did my biometric around end of August and I am still waiting to receive my decision. The only thing I know is , my application is at UKBA at Liverpool but that's everything I know and I could not get an more information from them. My lawyer said I should wait another 1 month or 2 before contacting my MP. What do you guys think? Does contacting MP could be in any help?
I too am a June applicant (technically was an April applicant but had to resubmit in June due to a payment failing on the UKBA's part)

I did my biometrics in October and am also still waiting on a decision. I asked my lawyer to send a follow up letter to the UKBA to see if they could shed some light on the application. guess i shouldn't hold my breath for a reply huh?

mer3090
Newly Registered

Post by mer3090 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 am

Escob wrote:

I too am a June applicant (technically was an April applicant but had to resubmit in June due to a payment failing on the UKBA's part)

I did my biometrics in October and am also still waiting on a decision. I asked my lawyer to send a follow up letter to the UKBA to see if they could shed some light on the application. guess i shouldn't hold my breath for a reply huh?
I called UKBA just 5 min ago, someone picked up finally, he asked for my reference number, date of birth and nationality I told him that I have been waiting for more than 10 months now and he replied your application is not completed yet and you sold wait for UKBA to contact you and he said he doesn't have any other information with regards to my application. So I guess I need to wait.

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 am

mer3090 wrote:
Escob wrote:

I called UKBA just 5 min ago, someone picked up finally, he asked for my reference number, date of birth and nationality I told him that I have been waiting for more than 10 months now and he replied your application is not completed yet and you sold wait for UKBA to contact you and he said he doesn't have any other information with regards to my application. So I guess I need to wait.
Hi, is your case complicated? I mean is there any gap in visas or any other issue. 10 month is a very long wait. Have you contacted your local MP?

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 am

shazib1786 wrote:Hi guys i am also august 2012 applicant on set o , long residency but still waiting, send a reminder letter to liverpool office on 22 nd march but no reply also called twice on 08706067766 but the answer was same its not completed yet. even i asked her if it is allocated to a case worker , she replied there is limited information available on screen for her to tell . My MP wrote them on 27th march still waiting to hear from them .

GUYs plz advise me my tier 1 general visa extension is due on first week of June

Should i withdraw this application if not decided by the time of T 1 General extension and re apply after getting extension , my main concern is i don't want to loose one bird in hand in the hope of two in bush .

If i continue with this application and lets for example negative decision comes in August or September ( after 3 or 4 months of tier 1 general extension date which is 1st week of June ) Will i be still able to apply for extension of tier 1 general ( if i need ) at that time .

Or

in other scenario if negative decision comes in April or May before the extension of current tier1 general visa ( as valid leave so no right of appeal will be given ) i go for court review and review takes 3 or 4 months to be decided so will i be able to get tier 1 general extension after 4 months of extension due date .

Thanks
I am in the same situation as you, my Tier 1 (General) runs out end of June and I do not know what to do - wait for the application to come back hopefully before June with a positive result and get done with it or what if it comes back with a negative answer after June? That means I will not able to extend my Tier 1 G which I know am eligible for, sort of in a confused state if you ask me !

mer3090
Newly Registered

Post by mer3090 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:47 am

Hyper-PK wrote:
mer3090 wrote:
Escob wrote:

Hi, is your case complicated? I mean is there any gap in visas or any other issue. 10 month is a very long wait. Have you contacted your local MP?
There was not any gap in my visas, I was on student visa for 9 years and 7 months then I applied for post study visa, while i was waiting for my psw decision my 10 year became completed, so I varied my application to ILR application beginning of June.