ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am

segs2tier1 wrote:I am in the same situation as you, my Tier 1 (General) runs out end of June and I do not know what to do - wait for the application to come back hopefully before June with a positive result and get done with it or what if it comes back with a negative answer after June? That means I will not able to extend my Tier 1 G which I know am eligible for, sort of in a confused state if you ask me !
Following this post may help you.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

DB12

urgent help - ILR 10 years route.....

Post by DB12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

hi all,

while i am waiting for decision on my SET (O) application for around 8 months yesterday i have posted FLR-m for my partner. hope it is not going to be long wait same as my application....

second inning of wait starts....

i will post as soon i hear anything further.

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Waiting game!!

Post by SPhilip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 am

Hello everyone

I have been following this forum since a few weeks. I am September applicant and when I call, they keep telling me the process is not completed and that they have no definite time-frame. When I hear that there are applicants from June-Aug still waiting, Iam really scared.

Isn't there something more we could do? I mean, it feels like we have no voice and we are at the mercy of the UKBA. Doesn't this count as violation of human rights? I don't know but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Would it be good to contact the media and get some attention on this case?

Hyper-PK

Re: Waiting game!!

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 am

SPhilip wrote:Hello everyone

I have been following this forum since a few weeks. I am September applicant and when I call, they keep telling me the process is not completed and that they have no definite time-frame. When I hear that there are applicants from June-Aug still waiting, Iam really scared.

Isn't there something more we could do? I mean, it feels like we have no voice and we are at the mercy of the UKBA. Doesn't this count as violation of human rights? I don't know but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Would it be good to contact the media and get some attention on this case?
Found this complain template, not sure if this is any good for us....please comments
We all need to get together to put a collective complaint, but not sure again to who….it will be just a waste to complain to UKBA who will not listen to us, or will give us false excuses.

Complaint Template
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96412

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Post by SPhilip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:40 am

Hyper-PK wrote:
SPhilip wrote:Hello everyone

Found this complain template, not sure if this is any good for us....please comments
We all need to get together to put a collective complaint, but not sure again to who….it will be just a waste to complain to UKBA who will not listen to us, or will give us false excuses.

Complaint Template
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96412
Thanks Hyper-PK. As you said its pointless to write to the UKBA. They will just get back with a standard response, if they ever do. I don't know if we could get a petition going to authorities higher up, like Theresa May or even the PM. God knows there's enough of us on this forum itself.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

SPhilip wrote:I don't know if we could get a petition going to authorities higher up, like Theresa May or even the PM. God knows there's enough of us on this forum itself.
If you've already done with this Complaint Template then its time to proceed with Ombudsman Complaint Form.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Post by SPhilip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
SPhilip wrote:I don't know if we could get a petition going to authorities higher up, like Theresa May or even the PM. God knows there's enough of us on this forum itself.
If you've already done with this Complaint Template then its time to proceed with Ombudsman Complaint Form.
Thank you for the link. I am wondering whether its better to do something collectively to make a strong statement?

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

SAR during application of ILR is in process

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 am

Hi everyone,

Can someone advice me , Can I request SAR file while my application of ILR is in process almost reaching to 6 months time. By SAR I can see what have been done on my application.

Any advice and suggestion will be appreciate.

regards
amjad leeds

Ged

My ILR arrived

Post by Ged » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:46 am

I am a 3rd of September 2012 applicant and my ILR has arrived today after 7 months of wait (thanks to the grace and mercy of Jedi Masters, goes without saying).

What arrived is a piece of plastic card decorated with my badly taken passport picture in the front. I am happy as it is now over. Please keep up the hope and remain calm, as there is little else you can do. I do support those of you intend to protest and complain, as every one in this country knows the UKBA is a screwed up organization, and you are likely to be able to make a difference if you act.

Here is my story if you care to read;

I came to the UK in October 2002 with a student visa issued for my MSc studies. After completing the MSc, I started my PhD, applied for further student visa some time in August 2003, but my application was returned back to me due to incorrect fee payment issues. The application form was very misleading regarding to fees of the process. Both myself and the international students advisers within my university were misled by the obviously wrong information on the form. In addition to that, they returned my documents to an incorrect address, therefore I did not hear from the BA for three months about this unsuccessful application. This created a gap of 3 months on my immigration history right at the beginning of my 10 years stay in the UK. Thankfully my SAR file contained information about our letters to the BA in 2003, so I could successfully argue that this gap was not my fault using a 4 page covering letter.

3 years later, at the end of my PhD, I applied for an extension to stay as a student. On that occasion, once again they were very quiet for a very long time. But after an unreasonable amount of delay, they contacted with me asking for my police registration certificate. Obviously they lost my police certificate and stressed me unnecessarily. They accepted their error later and paid for my new police registration certificate.

1 Year later they messed up my post study work application. I went to appeal. The immigration judge was not impressed with their decision, so I won the appeal. This created further gaps of 4 months, but again it was all acceptable, since I won the appeal.

1 year later they successfully issued me my Tier 1 work permit without me going to court rooms or making complaints. In the process, they never returned my bank statements and payroll slips. I was grateful, as it is a minor error compared to the previous occasions.

3 Years later I applied for the ILR based on 10 years long stay category. If you ignore the 7 months wait, you can argue there is a happy ending to this painful saga after all.

During the long wait my wife's tier 1 dependent visa has expired, therefore we had to make a FLR(M) application for her with a cover letter but without my ILR. Now I am unsure if I should return this biometric residence permit back to the UKBA to support my wife's application. I appreciate the help if any of you know the answer to that.

Thank you all very much, particularly Domanisshallo, because you have been so very helpful. I wish you all well and best of luck.

Ged

Re: SAR during application of ILR is in process

Post by Ged » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone,

Can someone advice me , Can I request SAR file while my application of ILR is in process almost reaching to 6 months time. By SAR I can see what have been done on my application.

regards
amjad leeds
You can certainly make a SAR application while your ILR application is being considered. If you only want the current status of your application, you may consider contacting your MP, as this may be quicker. These days SAR applications are answered very late as well.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Re: My ILR arrived

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Ged wrote:I am a 3rd of September 2012 applicant and my ILR has arrived today after 7 months of wait (thanks to the grace and mercy of Jedi Masters, goes without saying).

What arrived is a piece of plastic card decorated with my badly taken passport picture in the front. I am happy as it is now over. Please keep up the hope and remain calm, as there is little else you can do. I do support those of you intend to protest and complain, as every one in this country knows the UKBA is a screwed up organization, and you are likely to be able to make a difference if you act.

I came to the UK in October 2002 with a student visa issued for my MSc studies. After completing the MSc, I started my PhD, applied for further student visa some time in August 2003, but my application was returned back to me due to incorrect fee payment issues. The application form was very misleading regarding to fees of the process. Both myself and the international students advisers within my university were misled by the obviously wrong information on the form. In addition to that, they returned my documents to an incorrect address, therefore I did not hear from the BA for three months about this unsuccessful application. This created a gap of 3 months on my immigration history right at the beginning of my 10 years stay in the UK. Thankfully my SAR file contained information about our letters to the BA in 2003, so I could successfully argue that this gap was not my fault using a 4 page covering letter.

3 years later, at the end of my PhD, I applied for an extension to stay as a student. On that occasion, once again they were very quiet for a very long time. But after an unreasonable amount of delay, they contacted with me asking for my police registration certificate. Obviously they lost my police certificate and stressed me unnecessarily. They accepted their error later and paid for my new police registration certificate.

1 Year later they messed up my post study work application. I went to appeal. The immigration judge was not impressed with their decision, so I won the appeal. This created further gaps of 4 months, but again it was all acceptable, since I won the appeal.

1 year later they successfully issued me my Tier 1 work permit without me going to court rooms or making complaints. In the process, they never returned my bank statements and payroll slips. I was grateful, as it is a minor error compared to the previous occasions.

3 Years later I applied for the ILR based on 10 years long stay category. If you ignore the 7 months wait, you can argue there is a happy ending to this painful saga after all.

During the long wait my wife's tier 1 dependent visa has expired, therefore we had to make a FLR(M) application for her with a cover letter but without my ILR. Now I am unsure if I should return this biometric residence permit back to the UKBA to support my wife's application. I appreciate the help if any of you know the answer to that.

Thank you all very much, particularly Domanisshallo, because you have been so very helpful. I wish you all well and best of luck.
Hi please give me thought on my scenario .
I completed 11 years in this country applied six month ago ILR still waiting.
Back in 2005 immigration matter arise against me working allegation, and they set moving direction without right of appeal, It was challenged in JR after two year they took case back, in 2007 and granted me leave.
My leave expired in march 2006 I applied five day late because my case of in court and refused me to extend my visa due to late apply. by law I was not illegal in this country because my case of in court and stayed nearly 1 and half year without visa due to appeal process.
My family with me here 8 and half year, own house, qualified teacher , 3 years spend on tier 1 which expired last month.
my solicitor applied for my family visa extension on FLR O DL , still waiting for their acknowledgement letter too.

please give your thought in term of law will be great.

congratulation for ILR to you

Regards
amjad leeds

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

ILR is under process

Post by amjadleeds » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Back in 2005 immigration matter arise against me working allegation, and they set moving direction without right of appeal, It was challenged in JR after two year they took case back, in 2007 and granted me leave.
My leave expired in march 2006 I applied five day late because my case of in court and refused me to extend my visa due to late apply. by law I was not illegal in this country because my case of in court and stayed nearly 1 and half year without visa due to appeal process.
My family with me here 8 and half year, own house, qualified teacher , 3 years spend on tier 1 which expired last month.
my solicitor applied for my family visa extension on FLR O DL , still waiting for their acknowledgement letter too.

Regards
amjad leeds

newbie.scott

Re: SAR during application of ILR is in process

Post by newbie.scott » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm

@amjad

I dont think its of much help. SAR is taking 6 months to process, as opposed to 48 days..read on the story..

I made a SAR request a month before I made my ILR application. I made another SAR request after 48 days, as no response from UKBA. This time they sent my second SAR app back as they are working on my first request. After 3 months I wrote a compliant, after 1 and half months later i got a letter confirming they have received my complaint and acting on it. After 2 months they sent my SAR. By this time, I have completed my 6 months SAR & ILR waiting time.

Only thing its shows that they have received my ILR application, thats about it. Bare in mind that by the time my SAR report generated my ILR is almost hitting 6 months time..so almost up to date SAR..

One good thing of SAR is for 10 pounds a copy of all your 10+ history :)

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone,

regards
amjad leeds

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Ged wrote:I am a 3rd of September 2012 applicant and my ILR has arrived today after 7 months of wait (thanks to the grace and mercy of Jedi Masters, goes without saying).

Ged
Congratulations, freedom for you at last.

I am a 22nd Sep Applicant, and still no news. My wife Tier 1 Visa is expiring on the 14 of April. I have to send her FLR(M) application. Just wondering if you could help what documents did you send with your wife FLR(m)application and how many? I mean like how many months pay slips and bank statement etc of her you yours did you send. and what else?
Thanks

inception
Newly Registered

Post by inception » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:52 pm

any update august warriors specially

okello, mrgsing, settlementnow, S17

:( :( :( :(

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 pm

amjadleeds wrote:

Regards
amjad leeds
I am not an expert but here is what I understand from your post;

You do not need to worry about appeal cases as long as they were made in time and were successful. You also do not need to worry about a single gap not exceeding 10 days. If you feel your story is within these definitions and you meet the rest of the usual requirements, your application should be successful. The UKBA is dealing with applications in an incomprehensible order. So please do not panic simply because your application is late.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:39 pm

stoorrey wrote:
Ged wrote: During the long wait my wife's tier 1 dependent visa has expired, therefore we had to make a FLR(M) application for her with a cover letter but without my ILR. Now I am unsure if I should return this biometric residence permit back to the UKBA to support my wife's application. I appreciate the help if any of you know the answer to that.

Ged

I am a 22nd Sep Applicant, and still no news. My wife Tier 1 Visa is expiring on the 14 of April. I have to send her FLR(M) application. Just wondering if you could help what documents did you send with your wife FLR(m)application and how many? I mean like how many months pay slips and bank statement etc of her you yours did you send. and what else?
Thanks
Hi. She was subject to the old rules. Assuming that we used the correct set of documents, here is what we sent for her application;

-A letter from the HR of my company explaining the type of contract I have and the salary payrolls I attached are genuine.
-My payrolls
-Cohabitation documents,
-A1 test result for her,
-Filled application form FLR(M)
-Bank statements,
-My employment contract,
-Marriage certificate,
-A cover letter explaining the situation,
-Her masters diploma (we felt may help)
-Number of passport size photos,
-A picture of us getting married in a civil ceremony

We put any piece of paper which we thought may help. I am unsure if it was all required.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:02 pm

specy_99 wrote:I applied in August too! Peaceful protest is legal in the UK. Sanju...dont think they will like the idea of us having a drunken protest lol I think I am going to wait for few more weeks till my patience completely goes! I will inform my MP before I plan to go ahead with the protest even on my own!
Oye I am completely against drunk protest. I only suggested to have a bottle of whiskey...But not to get drunk...

Peaceful protest @ I don't think that will give you any edge though...

NO VOTE for TORIES unless they sort out our visa backlogs might help... because we are the potential vote bank for them...

Congrats GeD

at last there is a good news back in this thread after quiet few pages

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Ged wrote:
stoorrey wrote:
Ged wrote: During the long wait my wife's tier 1 dependent visa has expired, therefore we had to make a FLR(M) application for her with a cover letter but without my ILR. Now I am unsure if I should return this biometric residence permit back to the UKBA to support my wife's application. I appreciate the help if any of you know the answer to that.

Ged

Thanks
Hi. She was subject to the old rules. Assuming that we used the correct set of documents, here is what we sent for her application;

-A letter from the HR of my company explaining the type of contract I have and the salary payrolls I attached are genuine.
-My payrolls
-Cohabitation documents,
-A1 test result for her,
-Filled application form FLR(M)
-Bank statements,
-My employment contract,
-Marriage certificate,
-A cover letter explaining the situation,
-Her masters diploma (we felt may help)
-Number of passport size photos,
-A picture of us getting married in a civil ceremony

We put any piece of paper which we thought may help. I am unsure if it was all required.
Thanks a lot Ged

Will you also tell me please how many months of pay slips and bank statement did you send?

And also did you send a set of photocopies of all docs as people usually send with SET (o) applications?

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 pm

inception wrote:any update august warriors specially

I applied for my ILR on 24th Aug and have still been waiting. I have also contacted my MP second time to chase up the application however still no response yet. Hopefully I will get my ILR soon..................

lambu1
Newly Registered

Post by lambu1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:03 pm

My god what an interesting [sic] case - Can't believe you got screwed over so many times by the UKBA. Contact TNT magazine or bbc watchdog.

kutub8090
Newly Registered

ILR success

Post by kutub8090 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:00 pm

hi everyone,
i got my ILR today. Sukria to ALLAH. and thanks everyone in this forum.
here is my timeline: and pls update my details in SKY drive.

Application sent: 15/8/2012

Biometric received and done: 24/11/12

ILR approved: 03/04/2013

ILR received: 4/4/2013

i received my doc + passport
BRP card : Waiting

PLS note that i am still waiting for my wife FLR(M) Whose biometrics taken 01/2/2013.

Again thank you and i pray for those who applied before me.

What i have done:
1. fax and post letter to Liverpool dept on 14/11/2013, requesting process my application.
2. same day i sent email to complain dept.
NO MP involved.

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 pm

inception wrote:any update august warriors specially

Still Waiting....

I understand from other post that people want to protest against the UKBA. Personally, I respect that as long as it is peaceful and legal.

Others, I believe, want to write a group complain letter to UKBA. I don't think it is useful, but worth trying. They receive many many letters each morning. Its unlikely that your letter will be addressed.

If I were to write a letter, I would write it to Guardian, Independent, The Sun or Channel4. They can give UKBA more pressure than my A4 letter. However, I do want to stress that if people were to write letter to address some claims, these claims must be supported by evidence. We could ask the news channel to investigate, but we must not exaggerate the claim.

andie_83

Re: ILR success

Post by andie_83 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:47 pm

I am glad to check the forum and see so many people getting good news as even when I have been waiting for a bit more than 8 months now, is good to see that at least UKBA is doing something.

My MP keeps me updated and in the last call he was told no news on my case (the last new was that my case was in the hands of a caseworker (2 1/2 weeks ago).

I really doubt the July/Aug/Sept applications are being singled out in an individual basis...so I simply think for some political reasons, UKBA reporting something between certain years, etc.. that is not convenient for them to expedite applications that fall within those months.

Our documents will be delivered, of that I am sure. When? I think they will make most of us wait until we hit the 9 months mark. I have come to the conclusion I have done everything I can possibly do. But as soon as I receive my documents I am going to complain badly and send complaint letters like crazy to absolutely everywhere.

Congrats to everyone that has received their documents, and to the ones like me.... just follow the basic steps of calling them, sending them an email, sending complaint letters and contacting your MP - other than that nothing can be done so just be patient!

TheDefib
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by TheDefib » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi all, just to share the good news Today I received all my travel documents and BRP card

application sent: 17/10/2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 25/10/2012
Biometric invite : 05/12/2012
Biometric done: 06/12/2012
ILR and passports: 04/04/2013
Total time in weeks: 24 weeks.
applied as 10 years, including 4 years tier 1, 2 work permit-free employment as a doctor and rest as a student. I have lived in UK for 14 years now, but could only apply last year as only then had a complication free 10 period. well almost complication free as had a 7 day stay without a visa when I withdrew an application and had to leave for a family emergency.
sent employment record, passports,SAR,property deed.

All the best to all, Thanks a lot for your support through out these tough times.

I have updated the skydrive document

Good bye.

TheDefib (Hussam)