ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

REGISTRATION

Passport after Naturalisation

Post by REGISTRATION » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 pm

HI

Just received my naturalisation certificate after oath ceremoney from council.

I am not planning for any travel in near future and my present passport is still valid.

Is it okay to delay new passport a little?

I am planning to have one in 3-4 months time.

Please advise and thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:28 pm

It's up to you on when to apply for a passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Your naturalisation certificate is valid for life buddy. What led you to believe there is a time limit, or even a requirement to have a British Passport?

Many British people by birth never travelled outside the UK and never had a passport. Not having a passport makes you on less British than anyone else!!

You can apply for your first British passport in 4 months or 10 years time and you will still get it!!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

REGISTRATION

Post by REGISTRATION » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 am

BigSam wrote:Your naturalisation certificate is valid for life buddy. What led you to believe there is a time limit, or even a requirement to have a British Passport?

Many British people by birth never travelled outside the UK and never had a passport. Not having a passport makes you on less British than anyone else!!

You can apply for your first British passport in 4 months or 10 years time and you will still get it!!
Thank you very much for your detailed response

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 am

You are welcome buddy! and of course congratulations on receiving your naturalisation certificate!!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...