ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

M2013
Russia

Re: New form SET (O) for ILR - 10 year rule

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:21 am

gryphon wrote:
Hi M2013

Here it is:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ment/setlr

Looks quite strange. They ask for 10 yrs of council tax and utilities bill. How is one supposed to get 10 years of those. Senior members please comment.

Cheers!!
Rather strange(. We should apply for the child (21 years old) studying here for 10 years and all the bills are paid by us. If we send paid invoices for the school and the uni - can it be equivalent for the utility bills?

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 am

gryphon wrote:
Hi M2013

Here it is:

Looks quite strange. They ask for 10 yrs of council tax and utilities bill. How is one supposed to get 10 years of those. Senior members please comment.

Cheers!!
Thank you so much!

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:29 am

M2013 wrote:
gryphon wrote:
Hi M2013

Here it is:

Cheers!!
Rather strange(. We should apply for the child (21 years old) studying here for 10 years and all the bills are paid by us. If we send paid invoices for the school and the uni - can it be equivalent for the utility bills?
Not sure mate. I've done my Bachelors here and then went on to do my PhD I lived with my brother all this time and none of the bills were under my name. I can send them some of the P60s for last three years or so, but I was only working part time 20 hrs. I can't see how I am gonna satisfy their requirements. Comments from senior members would be hugely appreciated.
Gryphon

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:38 am

ONLY if you CAN'T supply your previous passports then you can send the council tax bills or other bills to prove you have been in UK those years,

if you have all your passports which covers all ten years then you dnt have to send the bills.

this is below from set(LR) form
All the passports you have held during this time.
If you cannot provide them all, you must
provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
which you are unable to provide a passport.

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm

jaberdene wrote:
ONLY if you CAN'T supply your previous passports then you can send the council tax bills or other bills to prove you have been in UK those years,

if you have all your passports which covers all ten years then you dnt have to send the bills.

provide the passports you have together with any Home Office letter(s) or other document(s)
granting you leave to enter and/or remain in the UK. You should also provide documents of the
type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for
Thank you, Jaberdene.

essentialSalt

Services offered by your local government

Post by essentialSalt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi,

Just letting people know that your local authority might offer advices about becoming a UK citizen. Obviously, you need to meet the requirements for the chosen category, but I thought they might offer better/consistent services than immigration lawyers whose credentials are difficult to verify. For example, Southwark council offers nationality checking services (for a fee).

If you don't meet the requirements, please don't apply and waste caseworkers' time. They could be working on outstanding and legitimate cases, so that people can receive the outcome of their application in the timely manner. I have a lot to say about "compassionate" cases, but I reserve my judgment.

Arna
Newly Registered

August applicant

Post by Arna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I've been a silent reader for the last 8 months

Applied: 16 August 2012
Bio received: 16 November
Bio done: 19 November
BRP: waiting

Straightforward case, applied through lawyer. Have very important business trip in May, less than in a month and letters were sent to Home Office a month ago and last week. Case is at the Liverpool branch. No details over the phone, only that my case is still pending. Have no more hope left.

M2013
Russia

Re: Services offered by your local government

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 pm

essentialSalt wrote:...For example, Southwark council offers nationality checking services (for a fee)....
Thank you for the information. Do you know if they can give any paper confirming that according their checking service the person fits for the application to ILR?
Last edited by M2013 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi, Jaberdene,
in the guidance "Applicants aged 18-64 must also show that they have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK in order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. See our website for more information about this."

Do you know if the applicant should send
a) "Life in the UK" test only or
b) "Life in the UK" + IELTs 7.0?

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Anyone advise plz One of my friend is currently on student dependant visa his 10 years will be completed in August 2014 will he be eligible for ilr.Student dependant visa count toward ilr according to new rules effecting April 6 2013. Or not. ?

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:44 pm

M2013 wrote:Hi, Jaberdene,
in the guidance "Applicants aged 18-64 must also show that they have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK in order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain. See our website for more information about this."

Until October 2013Life in the UK pass notification letter is enough to prove your English proficiency so you do not need any other English qulaification.
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:12 pm

jaberdene wrote:

The UK BA will accept the old Set (O) application forms up to the 27th April 2013 so you may use that to avoid submitting the council tax doc. See the link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -new-forms

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

read page 7 please
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf

anustaya
Newly Registered

Post by anustaya » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:24 pm

gryphon wrote:Dear All

I am big fan of this forum as it has always helped me to get up to date information on the changes regarding immigration rules. I read some previous posts here and agree that, sometimes the information received here are far more helpful than consulting with a lawyer.

I was checking the new form for SET(O) applications and was also comparing with the old one. What I noticed was that they got rid of any indication of 10 year long residence route. Previously there used be a specific category mentioned in section 3 of the form. I am referring to the previous version of the form (13 Dec 2012). SInce they got rid of it, there is hardly any information regarding the applicants of 10 year rule.

Can some senior member please advice whether the new move reflects any major change on the 10 year settlement rule? Is there a different form for this kind of application now? I am asking because I would qualify for settlement under the 10 year rule in Sept this year. Although I know its still a long time before I can apply and the immigration rules here changes faster and more sproadically than the weather. However, some prior information regarding changes is always helpful.

Thank you all who took the time to read my message and I would hugely appreciate if any member can give some information on this matter.

Best wishes
Gryphon
The 10 years route is covered. Have a lood at the application form again. On the front page it says "Other Purposes". This refers to those on the 10 years route. I hope this helps?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Izno

Re: August applicant

Post by Izno » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:45 pm

hello , I am in the same situation , I applied on the 09 August mine is Set 0 10 years route. Which form did you apply . Have you though of sending a letter of complain ? I want to do the same but dont know whether this will make a difference.

Arna wrote:I've been a silent reader for the last 8 months

Straightforward case, applied through lawyer. Have very important business trip in May, less than in a month and letters were sent to Home Office a month ago and last week. Case is at the Liverpool branch. No details over the phone, only that my case is still pending. Have no more hope left.

Arna
Newly Registered

Post by Arna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Izno wrote:hello , I am in the same situation , I applied on the 09 August mine is Set 0 10 years route. Which form did you apply . Have you though of sending a letter of complain ? I want to do the same but dont know whether this will make a difference.

Hi Izno, I applied on SET(O) too, don't think complain would help, at least not in time for my business trip. There's definetely something wrong with August applications.

Izno

Post by Izno » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Hello Arna , thanks for reply . Well indeed its been nearly 8 months now ...for august applicants...according to recent forum i was reading i noticed that those who applied on the first week of August are getting their decision. So finger cross hopefully we will get responses soon ... As you know well its been such a pain and stressed .....

Arna wrote:
Izno wrote:hello , I am in the same situation , I applied on the 09 August mine is Set 0 10 years route. Which form did you apply . Have you though of sending a letter of complain ? I want to do the same but dont know whether this will make a difference.

Hi Izno, I applied on SET(O) too, don't think complain would help, at least not in time for my business trip. There's definetely something wrong with August applications.

settlementnow
Newly Registered

What is complaint email address?

Post by settlementnow » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi All,

I would like to make a complaint to HO, please let me know what is the email address i can send my complaint to.

Kind regards,

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm

jaberdene wrote:

read page 7 please
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf
Thank you

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:40 pm

The UK BA will accept the old Set (O) application forms up to the 27th April 2013 so you may use that to avoid submitting the council tax doc. See the link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -new-forms[/quote]

This is not a best option. They will sent it back as "invalid" if correct fee will not be paid.

nats

Post by nats » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 am

Damanisshallo, my FLR(M) BRP is arrived today. As you know I have already posted my application for Set(M) without FLR(M) BRP card and mentioned in cover letter that my BRP is not arrived yet and enclosed is the Approval letter of FLR(M). So now I am worried what should I do. Should I post my FLR BRP card to them myself or should wait for them to ask for my BRP card, if i should post myself which address should i post, same as SEt(M) application postal address or different? Please help (worry)

nats wrote:Congrats. For mn1 better if apply through nationality checking service. For croydon peo i think they ask for set m rather than flr m as mentioned in past posts. U can take print outs of 287(a)(i)(d) and 319AA and the FOI as damanisshallo advised in my previous posts. Follow 4th n 5th april posts. If u r on settlement route then u can apply directly for set m at croydon hopefully. Damani can advise better. Good luck
stoorrey wrote:By the grace of Allah at last got my freedom. A mountain is removed from my head, has been very
tense time.

Received my ILR docs on Saturday, but very busy to update the forum. My time line

Applied 10 yrs basis: 22/09/12
Ack : 29/09/12
Bio Received and done 01/12/12
ILR Approved: 04/04/13
Approval Letter with docs received: 06/04/12
BRP: Waiting
Time taken: 6 months and 14 days.
The docs received in the Special Delivery Envelope that i enclosed with the application. i was tracking the No.

I did send (post& fax)a letter of expedition on 25th March due to some illness back home , don’t know it helped or not. I sent the letter myself, no MPs involved.

My ILR approved hardly a week before my wife visa expiry, but luckily a PEO appointment in Croydon has already been book on 11/04 on the advice of respected Damanisshallo. It was booked in anticipation like 2 months ago.

Now we have to attend this appointment, i know i have to fill both the forms FLR(M) and SET(M) and will try our luck.
Any advise in this regard, any rules that i can print and take with and refer to while convincing the case worker.

I have also to apply for my 2 babies on MN1 as both were born in UK.

Finally i will offer my heartiest thank s to all you guys in this forum, especially to the GREAT Damanisshallo who is always ready to help and support. Keep it up Daman

rassel2013
Newly Registered

Post by rassel2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

applied 30th july
passport back
8th april

k_alibaba

A quick question regarding impacts of Discretionary Leave

Post by k_alibaba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

Hi
I applied my 10 years set(O) application on 3/9/12 and waiting for the outcome yet.
there are couple of things i need clarity, if someone could elaborate for me please.
I've been in UK since 2002 and my first 8 years were as student and then my current leave is a 3 years Discretionary Leave on the basis of my son's medical condition.
Will it have any affect on 10 years legal stay?
its because DL is outside Immigration rules and it does not allow to switch from DL category to any other so I have a doubt if it would have any implications on my 10 years set(O) application.
it would be grateful if someone could make things clearer to me. thanks

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 am

rassel2013 wrote:applied 30th july
passport back
8th april
congrats. finally things are moving to the right direction.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: PEO for FLR (m) - not as good

Post by saanju9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 pm

nats wrote:Thanks Sanju for always keeping our morale high. To add to our luck, I have lost my new excellent job after 8 days of joining due to 2 days late decision of my ILR by UKBA. To add more, my ignorant lawyer played an important role for delay of my ILR and refusal of my wife's ILR application and to lighten our pocket so much. And he told us about my ILR approval letter after 13 days of decision when I myself phoned him to ask the status. He said the post is just arrived and i am opening it and congratulations u got it, when u will come to collect i will tell about ur wife decision, and did not mentioned refusal but said she is been granted temporary leave and bla bla i will explain when u will come.
And ice on cake he did not tell us to apply b4 6th April. He said 1st apply for your child MN1, wait for acknowledgement letter, better for Nationality Certificate and then send it with ur FLR(M) with her birth certificate and pictures with u, or just add receipt of her MN! application sent if u r in hurry, it will support mother's application, they will surely give u visa because ur child is british national. But thanks to this form and clear instructions on FLR(M) form. On PEO i didnt showed any single thing related to my child and decision was +ve. just provided documents mentioned in end of FLR(M) form.
I am still hoping for best now. Posted Set(M) and praying :)
I personally think you should sue him for being in-professional and that has caused you huge loss.

I have received an advert or overheard this advert that if a professional's negligence has caused you a loss, then they can be sue. the same old NO CLAIM No Fee tag been added to the advert . so its worth trying. google search it.

Did you even asked for refund from this solicitor.. I think you should do..

regards