ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Post by liuzhbob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Guys, I would like to share my timeline, please could someone help add to SkyDrive.

Application: ILR 10 years basis

Application Date: 13 August 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Issued: 17 August 2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received: 15 October 2012
Biometric Done: 16 October 2012
BRP Received: 5 April 2013
Documents Received: 8 April 2013

Applied myself, no solicitors involved. Never complained or contacted MP, just patiently waited and checked mails every day.

Best of luck to all currently waiting. I found this forum really helpful.

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Congrats man, best of luck with future.
your details are now on skydrive..

liuzhbob wrote:Guys, I would like to share my timeline, please could

someone help add to SkyDrive.

Applied myself, no solicitors involved. Never complained or contacted MP, just patiently waited and checked mails every day.

Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

rassel2013 wrote:applied 30th july
passport back
8th april
Everything is good that ends good. Happy for you, Rassel.

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello all.

Some good news for a change. My IRL application was refused initially due to a clerical error in communication between the Home Office and UKBA.

After much discussion and a final court hearing the judge ruled in my favour and I received the written confirmation of the judges decision on the 22nd of March.

We all know that the home office and UKBA take ages to do anything so I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a way that i could now follow up with the processing of my ILR and how long I could/should expect to wait.

Many thanks

Izno

Set O 10 years August waiting time...

Post by Izno » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Congrats Liuzhbob ! guess its such a relief for you .

Could you kindly tell me which documents did you send please and was your case straight forward ?

I applied on the 09 august, did my biometric on the 03.12.12 , No response from UKBA so far..:(

many thanks .

liuzhbob wrote:Guys, I would like to share my timeline, please could someone help add to SkyDrive.

:( :( :(
Last edited by Izno on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Escob
Newly Registered

Post by Escob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Just wanted to update on my original post.

I got my ILR and BRP today. As it turns out, the Home Office approved my application on the 18th of March, but took a whole week to send out my documents and BRP card, and upon doing so, sent them out by 2nd Class Post.

Rough timeline, i originally applied in April 2012, and had to reapply in June 2012 when UKBA messed up my original payment. I submitted my biometrics in October 2012, and am now free.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Re: Set O 10 years August waiting time...

Post by liuzhbob » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

I sent out the documents as required on the form, plus a payslip and some voluntary work certificate to show my contribution economically and socially.

Yes I think mine is a straight forward case, no gap etc.

I did apply SAR before, but didn't enclose anything with my application.

Good luck and hope you will receive yours soon.

Izno wrote:Congrats Liuzhbob ! guess its such a relief for you .

Could you kindly tell me which documents did you send please and was your case straight forward ?

I applied on the 09 august, did my biometric on the 03.12.12 , No response from UKBA so far..:(

many thanks .

liuzhbob wrote:Guys, I would like to share my timeline, please could someone help add to SkyDrive.

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi guys, I have a positive story to share with you.
Those of you who have been here long enough as far back as last year may remember that I went through hell before I got my ILR due to the incompetence of UKBA.
Unfortunately my passport and that of my partner got lost in another govt dept last October! and to make matters worse my partner's Visa was expiring at the end of the year.

So we decided to go ahead and make her ILR application after consulting UKBA.
They wanted certified copies but we didn't have any and no lawyer would endorse them for us. So we collected all the copies from SAR and also wrote a letter justifying why she should be given ILR. My partner collected quite a bundle of docs as evidence of her stay here she also attached her PVG and CRB certificates and sent the application on 31st Dec 2012.
She got her Biometric letter at the beginning of Feb 2013 which was a surprise but even more shocking was when she got all her documents back with ILR given two weeks ago. Considering that she had one refusal back in 2007 and that she didn't have her current passport attached, this was a nice Easter surprise.
Always optimistic

Izno

Re: Set O 10 years August waiting time...

Post by Izno » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks liuzhbob
liuzhbob wrote:I sent out the documents as required on the form, plus a payslip and some voluntary work certificate to show my contribution economically and socially.

Yes I think mine is a straight forward case, no gap etc.

I did apply SAR before, but didn't enclose anything with my application.

Good luck and hope you will receive yours soon.

Izno wrote:Congrats Liuzhbob ! guess its such a relief for you .

many thanks .

TRMs
Newly Registered

Post by TRMs » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi All
I think we are in for a spell of good news for all August applicants. I'd given up looking up posts on forums as it was distressing me whenever I thought about my application and UK Border agency, so I decided to forget and just wait until I get a surprise in the post. This happened today and I thank the Lord for today I got my passport and documents.

Application date; 12.08.12
Biometrics completed 22.11.12
application pproved; 05.04.12
Passport and documents received; 08.04.12

Application was straight forward with no gaps. Contacted MP two weeks ago taking them to task about the current government policy and treatment of foreign immigrants. Reply was political, with Lib-dem MP shoving the blame towards the Conservative government. I doubt if contacting the MP had anything to do with my decision. Thanks everyone and good luck to all. God bless.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:42 am

Anyone news from July applicants yet ? Still waiting desperately

Please input

Thanks

saanju9
Member of Standing

Template to request MP to chase up application

Post by saanju9 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 am

Is there a letter template to write to an MP.

Need to chase up application since my grandmother is not very well and the MP asked me to send her an email with all the details

thanks a lot

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:23 am

congrats man, best of luck with future.....

your timeline is on skydrive for others to see

TRMs wrote:Hi All
I think we are in for a spell of good news for all August applicants. I'd given up looking up posts on forums as it was distressing me whenever I thought about my application and UK Border agency, so I decided to forget and just wait until I get a surprise in the post. This happened today and I thank the Lord for today I got my passport and documents.

Application was straight forward with no gaps. Contacted MP two weeks ago taking them to task about the current government policy and treatment of foreign immigrants. Reply was political, with Lib-dem MP shoving the blame towards the Conservative government. I doubt if contacting the MP had anything to do with my decision. Thanks everyone and good luck to all. God bless.

Soul&Karma
Newly Registered

Re: Template to request MP to chase up application

Post by Soul&Karma » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 am

saanju9 wrote:Is there a letter template to write to an MP.

Need to chase up application since my grandmother is not very well and the MP asked me to send her an email with all the details

thanks a lot
Hi Saanju9,

Page 306 Damanishallo's reply has got the links below them.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=75f30851 ... BQehoK1huM

for the templates and skydrive.

Hope this helps.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Guys

Any news about Damanisshallo, haven't seen him for a while in the forums? Is he on holidays ???

This forum is looking so shallow without him..........??

alisha123
Newly Registered

Post by alisha123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:24 am

@ cheekyvirgin...I am also a July Applicant and guess what... still waiting. I applied on the 11th of July.
I strongly believe that all June, July applicants will get IRL granted in this month together with August applicants. It seems the August applicants are receiving their IRL already.
Let us be positive that our turn will come soon. I don't think we have that much of waiting to do.

Izno

set (O) august applicant

Post by Izno » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Congrats TRM and for timeline !!! I hope now they looking into August applicants and the backlogs....I applied on the 9 August ( 10 yrs route ) no response so far... So when you did contact you MP what was his response ? did they manage to update you ? As i want to contact mine too , but dunno if it will be worthy....

many thanks

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Praise The Lord..
Friends, I have some good news to share with you, finally got my ILR today, ah the waiting is over..Can someone update my timeline please..

Straight case, single, no dependents, no layer, no extra documents except what is asked in the app form. Wrote to MP after 6 months, he contacted UKBA and said they started working on my SEPTEMBER app on 2/04/2013. UKBA actually took only 2 days to process the application (2nd April-4th April)..

I found 2 pick up cards (one from royal mail and one from DX couriers) yesterday when am back from work. Both of them redelivered today..
Royal mail package has my passport and support documents.
DX courier has just BRP card..

Name: newbie.scott
Application Sent Date: 25/9/2012
Acknl. Letter Date: 1/10/2012
Invitation for Biometric Date: 20/11/2012
Biometric Enrolment Date: 24/11/2012
Application process start date (According to my MP): 02/04/2013
ILR Stamped Date: 04/04/2013
BRP card Return Date: 08/08/2013
Passport Return Date: 08/08/2013
Waiting time after Biometric enrolled: 19
Total Waiting Time :28

This forum has been so helpful to me, especially senior members and others sharing information and helping each other..

Now i guess the next step is to apply for British Citizenship. Can someone suggest me should I wait for 12months or can I apply in next 6 months since UKBA took 6 months to process?

Thanks once again for all who prayed for me and my prayers continues for all those who are still waiting.. I will continue to be in the forum checking how others getting on :)

Cheers
S..

Terry143
Newly Registered

Post by Terry143 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Congratulations.

newbie.scott wrote:Praise The Lord..
Friends, I have some good news to share with you, finally got my ILR today, ah the waiting is over..Can someone update my timeline please..

Straight case, single, no dependents, no layer, no extra documents except what is asked in the app form. Wrote to MP after 6 months, he contacted UKBA and said they started working on my SEPTEMBER app on 2/04/2013. UKBA actually took only 2 days to process the application (2nd April-4th April)..

I found 2 pick up cards (one from royal mail and one from DX couriers) yesterday when am back from work. Both of them redelivered today..

This forum has been so helpful to me, especially senior members and others sharing information and helping each other..

Now i guess the next step is to apply for British Citizenship. Can someone suggest me should I wait for 12months or can I apply in next 6 months since UKBA took 6 months to process?

Thanks once again for all who prayed for me and my prayers continues for all those who are still waiting.. I will continue to be in the forum checking how others getting on :)

Cheers
S..

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:46 pm

congrats... i applied on 21/09/2012... same time as u but still waiting....

anyway i have updated your timeline on skydrive... good luck to rest of us ....
newbie.scott wrote:Praise The Lord..

Cheers
S..

TRMs
Newly Registered

Re: set (O) august applicant

Post by TRMs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Izno wrote:Congrats TRM and for timeline !!! I hope now they looking into August applicants and the backlogs....I applied on the 9 August ( 10 yrs route ) no response so far... So when you did contact you MP what was his response ? did they manage to update you ? As i want to contact mine too , but dunno if it will be worthy....

many thanks

I contacted the MP via http://www.writetothem.com/ by email and got a reply in the post. First it was an acknowledgement letter with the political blame game. Then I got a second one in which the MP said that she had contacted UKBA on my behalf and was told that the application was received and is under consideration but they could not speculate on timelines etc. The MP told me she understands that they have a large number of applications to deal with so adviced me to wait (I wonder why I hadnt thought of that brilliant idea for the last 7 months!). Unless your case is complicated and you come across problems, or you need to expedite, Id say dont waste your time writing the MP. It might only help to exert political pressure for the UKBA to improve their service but doubt it will do anything to help your individual case. By the way, I just received my ID Card via courier. I don't like the expiry date on there but hey...

verylongwait
Newly Registered

Finally!!

Post by verylongwait » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Guys...

It seems we have had some good news, hopefully this keeps coming
I've received my BRP today! Here is my timeline, could someone help update on SkyDrive please?

Application Date: 17 September 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Issued: 20 September 2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received: 17 January 2013
Biometric Done: 22 January 2013
ILR Stamp Date: 28 March 2013
Documents+Passport Received: 5 April 2013
BRP Received: 9 April 2013

Good luck to all!

adkh2_1

Re: Finally!!

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm

congrats mate.... i have updated ur timeline on skydrive...

hopefully good news will continue...
verylongwait wrote:Hi Guys...

It seems we have had some good news, hopefully this keeps coming
I've received my BRP today! Here is my timeline, could someone help update on SkyDrive please?

Application Date: 17 September 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Issued: 20 September 2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received: 17 January 2013
Biometric Done: 22 January 2013
ILR Stamp Date: 28 March 2013
Documents+Passport Received: 5 April 2013
BRP Received: 9 April 2013

Good luck to all!

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 pm

After getting my ILR on 10 basis as I updated the forum earlier, we are going to attend a PEO appointment at Croydon for my wife FLR (M) / Set (M) or both. we will try our luck to get ILR.

Just wondering any word of advice from you guys to convince the Case Worker to get ILR.

One more thing i haven't received my BRP yet, will it be a problem if we just take the approval letter.

Thanks

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:50 pm

stoorrey wrote:After getting my ILR on 10 basis as I updated the forum earlier, we are going to attend a PEO appointment at Croydon for my wife FLR (M) / Set (M) or both. we will try our luck to get ILR.

Just wondering any word of advice from you guys to convince the Case Worker to get ILR.

One more thing i haven't received my BRP yet, will it be a problem if we just take the approval letter.

Thanks
Why not add SET O as well just in-case.
nothing united in United Nation.