ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pr123
Newly Registered

Re: Is Sponsorship undertaking form required?

Post by pr123 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks Pan. So, I will include Sponsorship letter and Sponsorship Undertaking Form with the application..

pan_hegde wrote:I am referring to point 7)Sponsonship letter and cover letter from the sponsor(original and one photocopy). Its always better to explain everything in detail so better submit the sponsorship letter from the person sponsoring.

10)Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12(original and one photocopy)
You fill in this form as per the format available online.

You fill in the
pr123 wrote:Thanks again. I assume that you are referring to sponsorship undertaking form (point 10) as opposed to the Sponsorship letter mentioned in point (7) of your documents.
7)Sponsonship letter and cover letter from the sponsor(original and one photocopy)
10)Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12(original and one photocopy)

pan_hegde wrote:Yes you should submit the sponsorship letter from the person(mother/father/) sponsoring the child's stay in the UK explaining the finances he/she has kept aside for the child.
pr123 wrote:Hi Pan Hegde,

Should we submit the Sponsorship undertaking form as well in order to apply for a child, as I understand that it is for relatives other than spouse/child only.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 am

pan_hegde wrote:Ok. Did you apply already? One of my friend had applied a year back and she got the settlement visa for her daughter in just 10 days. I seriously dint have any idea that VISA process would take so long.
I too have applied on Feb 25th and waiting for the visa approval. I was told at VFS that it will be a minimum of 57 working days.

But sometimes, a genuine letter to high commission may yield a result - as it did when I applied for my first daughter 3 years back. This time we have applied very early (as she was only 4 weeks old when applied) taking into account the time it may take for visa process.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23 am

Hi!
What do you mean by a genuine letter? Can I do anything after submitting the documents? How long did it take for ur daughter's visa to be issued?

Thanks and regards,
Panchami Hegde Harsha

muthu24 wrote:
pan_hegde wrote:Ok. Did you apply already? One of my friend had applied a year back and she got the settlement visa for her daughter in just 10 days. I seriously dint have any idea that VISA process would take so long.
I too have applied on Feb 25th and waiting for the visa approval. I was told at VFS that it will be a minimum of 57 working days.

But sometimes, a genuine letter to high commission may yield a result - as it did when I applied for my first daughter 3 years back. This time we have applied very early (as she was only 4 weeks old when applied) taking into account the time it may take for visa process.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:33 pm

pan_hegde wrote:Hi!
What do you mean by a genuine letter? Can I do anything after submitting the documents? How long did it take for ur daughter's visa to be issued?

Thanks and regards,
Panchami Hegde Harsha
I was at UK at the time and I wrote to them that as a Father I was missing quality time with my Child and it would also delay / derail my wife getting back to work after her maternity leave. Visa was issued roughly in 20-25 working days time. The decision was after 3-4 days after the email I sent to them. Although it might be a mere coincidence but I believe that they do look into it.

As said earlier this time - the travel plans are in June and hence hoping a decision will be made by then.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks a lot. I ll ask my husband to send an email to chennai Visa office.
Thanks once again.
muthu24 wrote:
pan_hegde wrote:Hi!

Thanks and regards,
Panchami Hegde Harsha
I was at UK at the time and I wrote to them that as a Father I was missing quality time with my Child and it would also delay / derail my wife getting back to work after her maternity leave. Visa was issued roughly in 20-25 working days time. The decision was after 3-4 days after the email I sent to them. Although it might be a mere coincidence but I believe that they do look into it.

As said earlier this time - the travel plans are in June and hence hoping a decision will be made by then.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 am

pan_hegde wrote:Thanks a lot. I ll ask my husband to send an email to chennai Visa office.
Thanks once again.
I can understand what your husband will be going through. Hope for the best.

regards,
Muthu.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 am

Hi Muthu!

Dear Mr. Harsha

Thank you for your e-mail.

Service level agreements set by the British Government State that posts have 60 working days in which to deal with settlement applications. You will have a decision by mid may on the application .

Your sincerely

Casework Team | Visa Operations Chennai | South Asia Region | International Operations and Visas| UK Border Agency | British Deputy High Commission, 20 Anderson Road, Chennai 600 006, India | Fax : (91) 44 42192320, (91) 44 42192155 | * : Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk | Web : www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This is the reply my husband got:(:(

We seriously dont know what to do now :(:( Is there any other way?????
I can understand what your husband will be going through. Hope for the best.

regards,
Muthu.

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks for the list pan_hegde

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 pm

pan_hegde wrote:Hi Muthu!

We seriously dont know what to do now :(:( Is there any other way?????
Not sure what else can be done. Prepare for the worst case scenario of waiting till May (but still hope that they may look into it early).

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 am

Hi Chandra ,

Any Update on your child's application ?

Thanks
Firefly

craja444
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for child of settled person

Post by craja444 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:36 pm

APPLIED FOR SETTLEMENT VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER FROM VFS SRI LANKA

DATE:14/03/2013

STILL WAITING

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 pm

What documentation did you send please? The full l
craja444 wrote:APPLIED FOR SETTLEMENT VISA FOR MY DAUGHTER FROM VFS SRI LANKA

DATE:14/03/2013

STILL WAITING

craja444
Newly Registered

Post by craja444 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm

PLEASE CHECK OTHER MAILS UNDER THIS TOPIC FOR DOCUMENTS,I SUBMITTED BOTH APPENDIX 1 AND 2 WITH OTHER DOCUMENTS

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 pm

You submitted vaf4a with appendix 1 and appendix 2?? And they accepted them from you? My home vfs mailed me and ssaid appendix 1. But please send me a link to the documentations pls?

deep31
Newly Registered

Visa granted for my son...ILE.....

Post by deep31 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello Everyone

My son's visa ILE granted.

Some facts:

Applied on 22/01/2013 from VFS Ahmedabad

ILE received on 08/04/2013.

I found this forum very helpful and thanks all for your support.

Cf_firefly

Re: Visa granted for my son...ILE.....

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Deep31 ,

Could you let us know what documents you submitted and also if possible sample of sponsor letter ?

Thanks
Firefly

deep31
Newly Registered

Post by deep31 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm

hello,

documents
Sponsors documents:

parents passport full photocopy
parents ilr cards photocopy
employement contract, letter, 12 months payslips, 3 years p 60. (sponsor)
utility bills gas/electricity/water (last six months)
council tax bill
NI card photocopy
banks statements last 12 months in which salary credited.
savings statements last 3 months
tennancy aggreement/ ownership documents

Child
original passport,
birth certificate
red book.
letter from my parents explaining why my child is in india, and now what is the reason why visa required.

financial support to child in india by sponsors ( remittance to india in my parents account)

plus

online vaf4 form, annxure -2, su-07 (sponsorship declartion form) and TB certificate for child.

no cover letter at all

I hope this would answer your query.

Thanks

DEEP

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks Deep for list of docs .

One more query , on Appendix 2 for first question , what option did you tick ?

The options are :

1.The spouse or civil partner of someone settled in the UK;

2.The child of a parent who is applying for entry clearance as a partner or the child who is applying to join their parent who is already in the
UK and has been granted limited leave as partner granted under the Immigration Rules in force on 09 July 2012;

3.The child of a widow of a former Gurkha soldier who died in active service after 1997;

4.The fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled in the UK;

5.The unmarried or same gender partner of someone settled in the UK;

6.The Post Flight family member (spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-gender partner, fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or child) of
someone with limited leave to enter or remain in the UK as a refugee or is the beneficiary of humanitarian protection. "

deep31
Newly Registered

Post by deep31 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm

ITS NO 2

Cf_firefly

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi Deep ,

Thanks for the answer . one more query . what did you answer for below question :

Is your sponsor in receipt of a disability related or carers benefit listed within the guidance notes? If you have claimed to be
exempt from meeting the financial requirement you must submit the relevant evidence, as specified, of your eligibility to be exempt.
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

1.yes , if yes go to section 4

2.No

As i am exempt from financial requirement as my child comes under child of settled person , should i tick yes and then fill section 4 or tick No and then fill section 4 ?

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am

csbattini wrote:Hi Muthu,

We’ve submitted 4A application with Appendix2 five days ago.
Although we tried to submit both Appendix1 and appendix2 with 4A application at VFSA centre in HYD , VFS person accepted only Appendix2 with 4A.
As per online 4A application(which is mandatory in India), appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.
Please read all my emails in this page. I’ve mentioned all the documents that you need to submit with 4A, and copied my emails communication with UKBA Chennai and Mumbai.
I think I’ve also posted the contents from the online application which says appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini
Hi! whats the update on your childs VISa????

Chalice
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds query

Post by Chalice » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:59 pm

hello guys

thanks very much for your contributions on this forum. i literally got 90% of the crucial bits of info that i have been searching for ages!

i would be grateful if one of you could clarify the following please..

me and wife both have ILR (got it in Jan 2012) in liverpool

our son is 5 months old, born in India and am applying for ILE

with regards to maintenance funds, how much money and for long should i have in the bank account for my child to prove that i can take care of him when he gets here?

many thanks in anticipation

:)

muthu24

Re: Maintenance Funds query

Post by muthu24 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Chalice wrote: with regards to maintenance funds, how much money and for long should i have in the bank account for my child to prove that i can take care of him when he gets here?
I don't think there is no specific amount to be shown for maintenance as according to this statement

If you or one of the child's parents is applying to enter, remain, or has limited leave to remain in the UK as a partner or parent, you must meet the financial requirement. In all other cases you will need to show that you have accommodation where you can all live without help from public funds to bring your child to settle in the UK.

* That is my interpretation and I have applied in February - still waiting for the visa to be processed.

harisowj
Newly Registered

Post by harisowj » Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Chandra Battini and CF_firefly,

I am exactly in the same boat( my husband and I have ILR status and I'm currently in India with my new born son) as you and now I'm really concerned about all the documentation I need to submit for my son's ILE. Have you finally applied for your child's ILE from Bangalore, India based on the documentation suggested by Deep ?

Did you use Appendix 2 and submit all the docs suggested by Deep ?

Thanks,
Sowjanya

Pradhiya
Newly Registered

Post by Pradhiya » Thu May 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi all , I have applied for my daughter ILE on 7thfeb 2013 in vfs chennai. We still are waiting for her visa.today is the 56th working day but still no other improvement. Did anyone applied in the Same time?