ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10yr long stay application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DRcfox
Newly Registered

ILR 10yr long stay application

Post by DRcfox » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 am

Hello, I have been a silent participant on the site and have found it very helpful. I am a 4-9-2012 Set (o) applicant and my biometrics were on 1-11-2012 and I am still waiting. I have had my MP write a letter and I have also written a letter addressed to the Head Case Worker but have not heard back about either of these letters yet. Before I became aware that applications were taking longer than 6 month to process, my partner's parents purchased plane tickets for me to attend their wedding. The tickets are booked at the end of this month (which will be just about 8 months from my original application time). We had originally thought this would have been plenty of time...based on the UKBA TARGET 99% statement...obviously not.

I have recently found out that my embassy can grant me an emergency passport if the UKBA has my passport for visa processing but clearly states that I must find out whether or not travelling out of the country will forfeit my application for ILR. Does anyone have a clue whether travelling on an emergency passport would forfeit my application?

Fingers crossed it comes before then but I feel I need to start being a bit more proactive and if it is possible to get an emergency passport then I need to begin that process soon so that I can attend their wedding. I understand that to some this may not appear to be an emergency but it is a very important event for them and for me and it will kill me not to be able to attend, especially when so much cost and effort has been made to get me there already.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lehche2000
Newly Registered

hi

Post by lehche2000 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi,

Sorry cant help much but would appreciate if your can share your experience i.e. elegibilty, documents required for application. can we apply same day

Thanks