ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Jon336 wrote: Unfortunately my passport and that of my partner got lost in another govt dept last October!
How did this happen? Is that even possible to lose something? This is one of dreadful stories. I hope they haven't lost mine.

worried24
Newly Registered

Post by worried24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 pm

[quote="cheekyvirgin"][b]Anyone news from July applicants yet ? Still waiting desperately

Please input

Thanks [/b][/quote]

Yup, am still waiting as well :(
here below is my timeline

Date application posted: 14-07-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 16-07-2012
Date payment debited: 08-08-2012
Payment mode : cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 06-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 09-11-2012 (letter dated 06-11-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrollment: 10-11-2012
Date of approval: WAITING
Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Escob wrote:Just wanted to update on my original post.

I got my ILR and BRP today. ... and am now free.

Best of luck to those still waiting.
Best wishes! You are so lucky. We should apply according new rules(
How many days out of the UK do u have?

temmyangel
Newly Registered

Post by temmyangel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

What abt ur timeline. Pls

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi all

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 pm

dupuytren wrote:Hi all
Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).
If I hear a story like this, it makes me think that there should be some penalty, shouldn't it? If you set a goal and don't reach it, there should be some penalty. No one but the UKBA said that they aim to process 99& of applications within 6 months.

This is like saying that a salesperson promises her boss that she will make this much sales in the next say 3 months. She doesn't hit the benchmark after 3 months and your boss complaints "what is going on here?" And she says, "well, I said I will try. I have never said I will reach those targets." The boss says "You set the target, not me. I only asked you to give me a realistic sales target." She replies "I said what you wanted to hear."

Wouldn't it be nice if/once an application is received, it is instantly assigned to a caseworker or a team of caseworkers and they should be held responsible for what happens to that application throughout its life cycle. Their salary as well as promotion or any kind of rewards is tied to their performance. Well, assigning a case to a team of caseworkers would be better than giving it to a single person. Many teams in the private sector (it seems to me that Thatcher died preaching this - for better or worse) work together and hard to meet their targets, help each other, try to learn new things everyday, go home each day reflecting what they did right and what they could have done better.

This is just my opinion.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AMH

Post by AMH » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

OMG, In the storage!!

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)
7A8M6H

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
Out of my curiosity, what is your next move? Are you willing to sit and wait for another 6 months? Is there anything you can do to ensure that it doesn't sit in the storage for another 6 months and they will tell you in 6 months time that they are sorry and that your application is still in the same storage? Did she tell you why it has been in the storage? What about your life plans? The UKBA for whatever reason keeps your passport for a year. Your healthy and enjoyable life years is probably 50 years between 15 and 65 and the UKBA (happens to) decided to take a year out of that 50 years (or 600 months) instead of the 6 months which you were prepared to sacrifice (this is my take on the issues).

You are not an asylum seeker, are you? You are a legitimate applicant who meets the conditions/requirements for the visa? You have not had any recourse to the pubic funds, have you? You don't live in a council house (or social housing), do you? You probably only use the NHS for emergency or even don't use it at all (opting for private treatment)? Your dentist is a private dentist? If you have been working, you have been paying council taxes? if you have been a student, you have let your council know that you are a student? You have done all the right things?

I am just curious and want to know more about this case and I worry that my application too might be stored in the storage room that no one dares to open.

nats

Post by nats » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Damanisshallo or anyone, my FLR(M) BRP is arrived today. As I have already posted my application for Set(M) without FLR(M) BRP card and mentioned in cover letter that my BRP is not arrived yet and enclosed is the Approval letter of FLR(M). So now I am worried what should I do. Should I post my FLR BRP card to them myself or should wait for them to ask for my BRP card, if i should post myself which address should i post, same as SEt(M) application postal address or different? Please help :(

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue)
Due to Bank Hol payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
Biometric letter : received on 23/10/12 (dated 20/10/12)
biometric done : 24/10/12
passport/bio card received : waiting

I contacted my MP 2nd time however didn't get any response yet. I had to chase it up and now I have been advised that my MP will contact me once she has received response back from UKBA. I am hoping for the best as my wife and children want to fly abroad due to our children health issues. I have also submitted a letter from the GP which might help UKBA to consider my application without any further delay.

Life for us is very hard right now. Family issues are always at the top of our agenda but it is all the more annoying not to be able, at least to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Last edited by mrgsingh on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mer3090
Newly Registered

My ilr

Post by mer3090 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm Post subject: Ilr
I am a June applicant and I have received my passport and residency card today after such a long time, I have applied flr(m) for my wife but unfortunately her residence permit is not enclosed with all these documents, do they send hers separately? Does anyone has any idea?

kaamartei
Newly Registered

Amalgamation rule FLR(M)

Post by kaamartei » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:41 pm

I just want to find out more about this FLR(M), the 2 years amalgamation rules under para 287 will no more apply after 6 April for the Tier 1 General dependants of 10 years Long?

(1) is it this 6 April 2012 or 6 April 2016

If it is this 6 April 2012, does it mean that even if my wife has been my student dependent for 8 year, if I get my ILR under 10 years rule. My wife can not immediately apply for her ILR after receiving her FLR(M). Does it mean she still have to wait for two year after getting the FLR(M).

I have applied for my ILR on 28/02/2013, done BRP on the 30/03/2013 and waiting for final decesion, but my wife's visa and one kid visa runs out ending of August.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 pm

I am a 22nd July applicant...waiting too...
worried24 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Anyone news from July applicants yet ? Still waiting desperately

Please input

Thanks
Yup, am still waiting as well :(
here below is my timeline

Date application posted: 14-07-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 16-07-2012
Date payment debited: 08-08-2012
Payment mode : cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 06-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 09-11-2012 (letter dated 06-11-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrollment: 10-11-2012
Date of approval: WAITING
Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 pm

This is just horrible.
I am sorry your application is in a storage place, disgusting.

But at least the lady was honest.
Something tells me there is more people waiting which applications are also in a storage but the answer we or they get is: "application incomplete, don't call again please and wait".

I really think you should contact someone or do something, it doesn't seem right you will need to wait a further 6 months.

Best of lucks.

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless

Izno

Post by Izno » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 pm

helloo sorry to hear about your burden...im in the same situation August Applicant still waiting. When did you send your application ?
Many thanks

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi Everyone,
I got my ILR Biometric Card today. I just updated Excel sheet. I would like to thank you all for your helps and advices to make my application sucessful.
My time line is;
Application Date: 27/12/2012
Biometric given: 26/01/2013
ILR dated:05/04/2013
Biometric card received: 09/04/2013
I have applied for my wife's FLR(M) on 30/03/2013 and requested to hold on the application process until my result come out. Could anyone advice me what to do next as I got my ILR. Should I send a letter to Home Office to start the process by giving my ILR details or do I need to send my Biometric card. If so what address should I post to.
-Arulsan-

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Thanks everyone for your sympathy, I'm quite upset but I couldn't have a go at her as it's not her fault, I was quite appreciative she that she took time to tell me and was honest. Also, she didnt know why it was kept in storage for so long either. For those saying I should do something, what else am I to do? The MP is not doing anything at all, the next step would be the Political Ombudsman but I will give them 2 weeks to see what happens.

EssentialSalt: I'm a doctor working in the NHS, I did have employment issues when I moved to work in a different hospital a few months ago(as I did not have my original passport and visa on hand) but I've managed to convince them that I am allowed to work (they contacted UKBA to confirm). My case is straight forward with no gaps, and I'm not an asylum seeker. (Student visa for 6yrs, doctor in training permit free for 1 yr, Tier 1 for 3 yrs). Applied on 3 Sept.

I would advise all of you to write a letter to Liverpool if you have been waiting for >6 months in case it's in some storage!!

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
Jon336 wrote: Unfortunately my passport and that of my partner got lost in another govt dept last October!
How did this happen? Is that even possible to lose something? This is one of dreadful stories. I hope they haven't lost mine.
Yup the passports are lost but HMRC have offered to fund all the cost of replacement. Its an inconvinience but atleast it has not affected my partner's application
Always optimistic

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
If I hear a story like this, it makes me think that there should be some penalty, shouldn't it? If you set a goal and don't reach it, there should be some penalty. No one but the UKBA said that they aim to process 99& of applications within 6 months.

This is like saying that a salesperson promises her boss that she will make this much sales in the next say 3 months. She doesn't hit the benchmark after 3 months and your boss complaints "what is going on here?" And she says, "well, I said I will try. I have never said I will reach those targets." The boss says "You set the target, not me. I only asked you to give me a realistic sales target." She replies "I said what you wanted to hear."

Wouldn't it be nice if/once an application is received, it is instantly assigned to a caseworker or a team of caseworkers and they should be held responsible for what happens to that application throughout its life cycle. Their salary as well as promotion or any kind of rewards is tied to their performance. Well, assigning a case to a team of caseworkers would be better than giving it to a single person. Many teams in the private sector (it seems to me that Thatcher died preaching this - for better or worse) work together and hard to meet their targets, help each other, try to learn new things everyday, go home each day reflecting what they did right and what they could have done better.

This is just my opinion.
Who is your MP? You should send a formal complaint about the way your case was handled by your MP. Those girls working in his/her office sat on your case. I can explicitly tell you that a single call from your MP always bears results. Me and my partner have been there and in both cases the results were quick and positive
Always optimistic

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 pm

dupuytren wrote:Thanks everyone for your sympathy, I'm quite upset but I couldn't have a go at her as it's not her fault, I was quite appreciative she that she took time to tell me and was honest. Also, she didnt know why it was kept in storage for so long either. For those saying I should do something, what else am I to do? The MP is not doing anything at all, the next step would be the Political Ombudsman but I will give them 2 weeks to see what happens.

EssentialSalt: I'm a doctor working in the NHS, I did have employment issues when I moved to work in a different hospital a few months ago(as I did not have my original passport and visa on hand) but I've managed to convince them that I am allowed to work (they contacted UKBA to confirm). My case is straight forward with no gaps, and I'm not an asylum seeker. (Student visa for 6yrs, doctor in training permit free for 1 yr, Tier 1 for 3 yrs). Applied on 3 Sept.

I would advise all of you to write a letter to Liverpool if you have been waiting for >6 months in case it's in some storage!!
This is so annoying. I have been away from this board for over six months now but when my partner got her papers back in just two months I actually thought things had improved. I went through a very hard period with UKBA last year but my MP was the difference. I urge you to raise the issue further at a poilitical level as you suggested do not wait for two weeks do it now. I wish you all the best. I know how it feels especially if you are in a high pressure job with kids.
Always optimistic

sarah1
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by sarah1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:02 am

Hello,
I have good news and bad news! My solicitor phoned me to tell me I got my ilr. My application confirmation date was 08/08/2012 despite my solicitor posted it a month before, so it took them a month to open my pack. Relieved that I've got it, my solicitor's secretary said she will send me the invoice! I thought it would come to £10-£20 for postage, she claimed it would be £300! That's on top of the £500 I paid already. She then sent me an email attachment with a scan of an email, proving she'd emailed me confirming this, but I'd never seen that email before! First sessions, which was just consultation, I paid £200. On next session which I gave him all my documents I paid another £300. They had told me the application fee would be £500 only. Now they're saying as my sessions were more than 2 months apart, first session is not included in the cost of standard ilr application!
I gave my application to solicitor as I had about 2 weeks gap, due to my clerical error on a student Visa application form in 2006. Now I wish I hadn't! It's not about £300 extra on top of 8 months wait. It's about my solicitor making me feel totally stupid, claiming they told me first session is not inclusive and they sent me an email. They still have my passport and BRP card, so I have no power it seems!
Any thoughts on this tricky situation would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

DRcfox
Newly Registered

ILR Set (o) application

Post by DRcfox » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

Hello, I have been a silent participant on the site and have found it very helpful. I am a 4-9-2012 Set (o) applicant and my biometrics were on 1-11-2012 and I am still waiting. I have had my MP write a letter and I have also written a letter addressed to the Head Case Worker but have not heard back about either of these letters yet. Before I became aware that applications were taking longer than 6 month to process, my partner's parents purchased plane tickets for me to attend their wedding. The tickets are booked at the end of this month (which will be just about 8 months from my original application time). We had originally thought this would have been plenty of time...based on the UKBA TARGET 99% statement...obviously not.

I have recently found out that my embassy can grant me an emergency passport if the UKBA has my passport for visa processing but clearly states that I must find out whether or not travelling out of the country will forfeit my application for ILR. Does anyone have a clue whether travelling on an emergency passport would forfeit my application?

Fingers crossed it comes before then but I feel I need to start being a bit more proactive and if it is possible to get an emergency passport then I need to begin that process soon so that I can attend their wedding. I understand that to some this may not appear to be an emergency but it is a very important event for them and for me and it will kill me not to be able to attend, especially when so much cost and effort has been made to get me there already.

Thanks

DRcfox
Newly Registered

Emergency passport

Post by DRcfox » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

I found out this morning that I am not allowed to apply for an emergency passport and that my application has still not been processed.

Hyper-PK

Re: Emergency passport

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:11 am

DRcfox wrote:I found out this morning that I am not allowed to apply for an emergency passport and that my application has still not been processed.
Hi sorry to hear about your situation, But even though you could travel but then you would have a problem coming back to UK due to not having a valid entry visa. So I would suggest that you should contact your MP and also send Fax (attached copy of ticket reservation) to UKBA to expedite your case. Best of Luck

zinao

Post by zinao » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:23 am

Jon336 wrote:
dupuytren wrote:Thanks everyone for your sympathy, I'm quite upset but I couldn't have a go at her as it's not her fault, I was quite appreciative she that she took time to tell me and was honest. Also, she didnt know why it was kept in storage for so long either. For those saying I should do something, what else am I to do? The MP is not doing anything at all, the next step would be the Political Ombudsman but I will give them 2 weeks to see what happens.

This is so annoying. I have been away from this board for over six months now but when my partner got her papers back in just two months I actually thought things had improved. I went through a very hard period with UKBA last year but my MP was the difference. I urge you to raise the issue further at a poilitical level as you suggested do not wait for two weeks do it now. I wish you all the best. I know how it feels especially if you are in a high pressure job with kids.
imo your mp will not do much for you especially if they are conservative. Afterall they want to get immigration numbers down.