ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:The link you have provided is for Set (LR) form. Not Set (O)

This is the current form for Set (o)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Applications made on or after 6 April 2013

An on the front page says you can make it in person!
From this page:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... et%28o%29/

Don't want want to argue about the past - as it doesn't matter to me now 8)
[/quote]

saanju9 is right. You can't apply in person. See the following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uidelr.pdf

Sanji100
Newly Registered

Post by Sanji100 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm a July applicant in waiting. Phoned UKBA about the progress today. The answer was 'Application has not been processed'.

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

which number did you call please ? any direct number instead of the 0870 . I am an August Applicant no reply so far..

many thanks.
Sanji100 wrote:I'm a July applicant in waiting. Phoned UKBA about the progress today. The answer was 'Application has not been processed'.

AMH

Post by AMH » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 and hold the line, it will connect to nonsense operator
Izno wrote:which number did you call please ? any direct number instead of the 0870 . I am an August Applicant no reply so far..

many thanks.
Sanji100 wrote:I'm a July applicant in waiting. Phoned UKBA about the progress today. The answer was 'Application has not been processed'.
7A8M6H

settlementnow
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by settlementnow » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 pm

I am 24 August applicant. I called HO today, they said your application is in process. I asked them when i might getan answer, WE CANNOT SAY ANYTHING.......

I need to expidite my application. I need to travel abroad with my employer and it is very. Important visit for business and my attendence is must. I have told my employer and told them how HO taking much time to send my passport back. They are aggreed to provide me a letter which i will send to HO to expidite my application.

Is thisnworth to send this letter or is just another waste of resources?

I contacted my solicitor and he recommend to send a legal letter to HO asking why my application is delYed and we might take this case to administrative court.

I hope theremight be some pressure on HO to complete my appliction.

Any thoughts???.?.?.?

AMH

Re: Still waiting

Post by AMH » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm 11Sep applicant, even I called HO today and the reply is same. I think it sounds good to write them but application can be expedite for exceptional circumstances. Try to find out whether your work travel comes under that criteria
settlementnow wrote:I am 24 August applicant. I called HO today, they said your application is in process. I asked them when i might getan answer, WE CANNOT SAY ANYTHING.......

I need to expidite my application. I need to travel abroad with my employer and it is very. Important visit for business and my attendence is must. I have told my employer and told them how HO taking much time to send my passport back. They are aggreed to provide me a letter which i will send to HO to expidite my application.

I contacted my solicitor and he recommend to send a legal letter to HO asking why my application is delYed and we might take this case to administrative court.

I hope theremight be some pressure on HO to complete my appliction.

Any thoughts???.?.?.?
7A8M6H

Arulsan

Post by Arulsan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi All,
I have applied for my wife's FLR(M) on 30/03/2013 and requested to hold on the application process until my result come out. I got my ILR yesterday with valid date from 05/04/2013, Could anyone advice me what to do next. Should I send a letter to Home Office to start my wife's FLR(M) process by giving my ILR details or do I need to send my Biometric card. If so what address should I post to.

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks my friend .

AMH wrote:Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 and hold the line, it will connect to nonsense operator
Izno wrote:which number did you call please ? any direct number instead of the 0870 . I am an August Applicant no reply so far..

many thanks.

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Hello Everyone! I am planning on sending a complaint to the parliamentary ombudsmand...but the word format complaint form doesnt let me put my signatures in it. Do I have to print it off and take it to the MP or is there a way of inserting my signatures on the form? Please help.

Also, I am going to wait for 2 more weeks and I think I am seriously thinking of a peaceful protest outside the Home office. Otherwise our voice is not going to be heard!

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Arulsan wrote:Hi All,
Should I send a letter to Home Office to start my wife's FLR(M) process by giving my ILR details
yes

shazib1786

Post by shazib1786 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:26 am

specy_99 wrote:Hello Everyone! I am planning on sending a complaint to the parliamentary ombudsmand...but the word format complaint form doesnt let me put my signatures in it. Do I have to print it off and take it to the MP or is there a way of inserting my signatures on the form? Please help.

Also, I am going to wait for 2 more weeks and I think I am seriously thinking of a peaceful protest outside the Home office. Otherwise our voice is not going to be heard!
Hi every one as specy 99 is planning to send a complain to the parliamentary ombudsman , i believe we all should gather on one platform and should send a joint complain this is the time we should get our voice heard and it is possible only if we all do it together otherwise they will keep on making excuses and ruining our lives . i personally send complaint letter to Liverpool office ( ILR Team PO Box 306,Liverpool L20QN ) but no reply My Mp is really good she also wrote them on 27th and she send me a written letter of confirmation as well in that letter she also mention the name of lady whom she wrote to UKBA but they are not responding.

If u guys have a better idea PLZ share

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: Please I need your help urgently

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:28 am

aniekan12 wrote:Hi Saanju9,

Thanks so much for your help. I didn't mention in my application that I fall under the pre July rules. I thought they should know that.

I included all the documents that were required for the pre July rule.

I have some of the documents but my worry is if my partners flr(m) is approved based on the new rule, that means she will have to wait for 5 years before application for the indefinite leave to remain.
Question

Did you by any chance filled up section 7A in the FLR(M) form...

If you didn't they should likely know but if you did they might get confused

however, even if you didn't I personally think that its worthwhile to mention everything because

1. some aliens work in the UKBA from planet mars and they have no clue what they are doing. I have several instances like this and just read the past posts in this thread. you will have enormous number of examples of shocks we had with them

2. It saves their time checking the everything else before they come to the right page

3. There are lot of new staff taken in UKBA or that could be the excuse for some of those idiots who worked there even after 10 - 15 yrs

4. they are just shit mate, I can't be bothered to describe them anymore

good luck. but do mention with BOLD letters that you fell under
PRE JULY RULES so that they won't miss.

alisha123
Newly Registered

RE: 11TH JULY APPLICANT

Post by alisha123 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 am

Hi all my dear friends,,
I just received my ILR approval letter today with my documents.. Its exactly 9 months today. Letter dated 10-04-13. I want to thank all of you for your input and encouragement over the last few months. Its been a frustrating journey but I THANK GOD that the end has come.

All awaiting June, July and August applicants.. just be positive that you will get your ILR approval soon. I will be praying for all of you.

I will be applying for Naturalization once l get my Biometric card as my husband is a British Citizen.

Please can someone update Skydrive.
This forum has get me going. I must confess that l have been checking it up to 4times a day to see if there has been any success stories especially with the July applicants.

At around 7 months, I started calling UKBA once every two weeks. I called them 4times and decided not to call them anymore as the response was always not yet completed. I also contacted my MP 3times which helped.
My MP contacted them on the 4th of this month for the last time and was told they are waiting for checks to be completed and then it will be passed unto a caseworker. This shows it takes them less than a week for a decision to be made.

Keep up the good works.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 am

settlementnow wrote:I am 24 August applicant. I called HO today, they said your application is in process. I asked them when i might getan answer, WE CANNOT SAY ANYTHING.......

Can your employer contact them on your behalf? Do they not have a hotline for employers? The whole point of this "point based system" is to make the process more transparent and reliable for caseworkers, applicants and employers and to delegate the decision-making process to universities, schools and employers (using heavy fines - we have seen the case of London Met). Your employer, if they are recognised, should be able to contact the Home Office directly and get an answer. I think they are supposed to be helping businesses grow and make the country more business-friendly (bringing in people from abroad, hiring foreign grads). That policy seems to create problems for some niche and small firms that don't employ that many number of people, but want access to foreign grads with an advanced degree (and bilingual).

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

essentialSalt wrote:
Can your employer contact them on your behalf? Do they not have a hotline for employers? The whole point of this "point based system" is to make the process more transparent and reliable for caseworkers, applicants and employers and to delegate the decision-making process to universities, schools and employers (using heavy fines - we have seen the case of London Met).
but our cases is nothing to do with "points based system" isn't it???

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:53 am

One more quick question Guys

I heard a rumor (I hope its a rumor)

people with permanent residency (ILR) are sometimes being stopped at the borders (airport - Heathrow especially) and are being questioned how they were able to obtain the ILR. The questioning is especially focused if their previous visa is tier 1 general or tier 2 (PBS)..

Is this true...did anyone come across such things.. I mean any red hand stories???

Regards

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Post by SPhilip » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 am

shazib1786 wrote:
specy_99 wrote:Hello Everyone! I am planning on sending a complaint to the parliamentary ombudsmand...but the word format complaint form doesnt let me put my signatures in it. Do I have to print it off and take it to the MP or is there a way of inserting my signatures on the form? Please help.

Hi every one as specy 99 is planning to send a complain to the parliamentary ombudsman , i believe we all should gather on one platform and should send a joint complain this is the time we should get our voice heard and it is possible only if we all do it together otherwise they will keep on making excuses and ruining our lives . i personally send complaint letter to Liverpool office ( ILR Team PO Box 306,Liverpool L20QN ) but no reply My Mp is really good she also wrote them on 27th and she send me a written letter of confirmation as well in that letter she also mention the name of lady whom she wrote to UKBA but they are not responding.

If u guys have a better idea PLZ share
Hi, I support the idea of sending a collective letter to the parliamentary ombudsman! Let me know how we can do it.

mo123
Newly Registered

ILTR

Post by mo123 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey,

Just need some important advice .

I have just applied for tier 1 extension which will complete my 5 years for ILTR.

I came here for studies and then found job. Here is the break up of years.

Uni - 2006-2008
work- 2008 - 2010 on post study visa
changed work - 2010 -2013 Feb on tier 1 general visa.

2013 April- applied for Tier 1 general extension for 2 year that is till April 2015.

As I have left job and got married i am not sure when i will start working.
And I don't know how should i apply for ILTR in 2015 as they ask for salary. or should i wait for my 10 years of stay in UK ?

PLEASE ADVICE

EEAslough
Newly Registered

Hi everyone its over ....

Post by EEAslough » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Thank God,

Just got my stuff back.
timeline
applied 17 August 2012
Biometric 11 nov 2012(had to write them to send it)wrote four different email address)
Got a return call back march 2013 responding to nov 2012 email.
Wrote the two address plus fax. Then got a hint from this website and wrote the top guy at UKBA.
Men its been a long wait.

I love you all, this website saved me.I feel like crying........

DB12

Post by DB12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi EEAslough,

i am early August Aplicat too... can you please let me know where did you FAX it and on what no....

EEAslough
Newly Registered

here

Post by EEAslough » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Fax to 0870339405 and 01512132181

CW
Newly Registered

Re: RE: 11TH JULY APPLICANT

Post by CW » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:45 pm

[quote="alisha123"]Hi all my dear friends,,
I just received my ILR approval letter today with my documents.. Its exactly 9 months today. Letter dated 10-04-13. I want to thank all of you for your input and encouragement over the last few months. Its been a frustrating journey but I THANK GOD that the end has come.

Hi, congratulations, did you give them a prepaid Special delivery envelop, to received in a day. I am waiting 6+ and desperate to travel.

Can MPs get a answer over the phone, cause mine told me they have contacted and waiting for a respond from ukba (if they exists any onger :D) Thanks and best regards!

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 pm

saanju9 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
Can your employer contact them on your behalf? Do they not have a hotline for employers? The whole point of this "point based system" is to make the process more transparent and reliable for caseworkers, applicants and employers and to delegate the decision-making process to universities, schools and employers (using heavy fines - we have seen the case of London Met).
but our cases is nothing to do with "points based system" isn't it???
Yes, but the UKBA has this helpline that can give immigration advices to education providers, point systems sponsors or employers.

"Employers and education providers' helpline
This helpline can provide:

Information for employers and education providers about sponsorship under the points-based system;

Information about the employers checking service for employers who want to verify the entitlement to work for people who are awaiting the outcome of an application made to the Home Office; and

Advice to employers about preventing illegal working, and particularly about carrying out the document checks necessary to establish a statutory excuse against liability to pay a civil penalty."

It might be worth a try. Just google "home office employer hotline."

What's ironic about waiting this long is that most of us become an expert in immigration rules and policy making by the time we receive the outcome on the application.

alisha123
Newly Registered

Post by alisha123 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

@CW . I did not include any prepaid envelope. What l received was 2nd class but signed for. Really quick though bcos was posted yesterday and l got it today.From my Mp's response it seems it was a phone call he made not a letter.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:28 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
Yes, but the UKBA has this helpline that can give immigration advices to education providers, point systems sponsors or employers.

"Employers and education providers' helpline
This helpline can provide:

Information for employers and education providers about sponsorship under the points-based system;

Information about the employers checking service for employers who want to verify the entitlement to work for people who are awaiting the outcome of an application made to the Home Office; and

Advice to employers about preventing illegal working, and particularly about carrying out the document checks necessary to establish a statutory excuse against liability to pay a civil penalty."

It might be worth a try. Just google "home office employer hotline."

What's ironic about waiting this long is that most of us become an expert in immigration rules and policy making by the time we receive the outcome on the application.

Yeah I know all this stuff... but just couldn't figure out how its going to help in settlementnow's case