ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Have been reading this forum for the last 7 months. Thanks for the support members are giving each other. I check this site every 30 minutes

Here is my timeline please add to skydrive
Applied 31-08-12
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
BRP Still waiting

Izno

Post by Izno » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Called UKBA today about progress 09 August Applicant , lady on the phone said.." Application has not been processed and told me to keep waiting..!! "

AMH wrote:Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 and hold the line, it will connect to nonsense operator
Izno wrote:which number did you call please ? any direct number instead of the 0870 . I am an August Applicant no reply so far..

many thanks.
Sanji100 wrote:I'm a July applicant in waiting. Phoned UKBA about the progress today. The answer was 'Application has not been processed'.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Izno wrote:Called UKBA today about progress 09 August Applicant , lady on the phone said.." Application has not been processed and told me to keep waiting..!! "

AMH wrote:Call 0870 606 7766, press option4, then again option4 and finally option2 and hold the line, it will connect to nonsense operator
Izno wrote:which number did you call please ? any direct number instead of the 0870 . I am an August Applicant no reply so far..

many thanks.
Sanji100 wrote:I'm a July applicant in waiting. Phoned UKBA about the progress today. The answer was 'Application has not been processed'.
I am dreaming about the day when all these are done online. Just like the university application, an applicant would know at what stage his/her application is just by logging in. Some universities even tell you about their progress in details such as "we are currently processing applications/documents received on or after 11th April. If you applied or submitted any document before this date, please call us on this number. It is likely that there was a significant problem with the document you submitted or your application."

andie_83

[quote="saanju9"]One more quick question Guys

Post by andie_83 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Saanju9,

Well, I cannot answer exactly but I do know the following:

- Both of my parents are UK permanent residents and when I traveled with them I believe they even asked me for their address lol. They got their residency as my sister's dependent because my father is quite sick.

- I hold a simple student visa and usually get asked what I study and where. This is done in a very casual way though and like making conversation.

- I know a friend who got a UK passport as a refugee due to the war with Kosovo many years ago and he gets asked at the border "how did you get this" ha!

- Also, funny enough... and this has been noticed by my friends and myself, if the person at the border checking the documents is perhaps british (what I mean, it is possible to tell the person's family at some close or distant point migrated from other country) they tend to ask more questions and even be more straight forward or rude. This was a comment made by one of my friends and unhopefully most of us agreed.

saanju9 wrote:One more quick question Guys

I heard a rumor (I hope its a rumor)

people with permanent residency (ILR) are sometimes being stopped at the borders (airport - Heathrow especially) and are being questioned how they were able to obtain the ILR. The questioning is especially focused if their previous visa is tier 1 general or tier 2 (PBS)..

Is this true...did anyone come across such things.. I mean any red hand stories???

Regards

dial2all

Royalmail special delivery retun envlope

Post by dial2all » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi, Guys i can see a little light in the UKBA black hole, I just check Roylmail tracking number for my return envelope, it sys just on the way :D , I am positive in-sha-allah.
tomorrow morning I will update you guys please pray for me.
application posted 20/august/2012
BIO DONE 21/11/2012
Home office posted today (11/04/2013)
Honestly speaking I can't sleep tonight.................
Wish you good luck guys....

DRcfox
Newly Registered

Post by DRcfox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:55 pm

So I recently found out that they received my app on the 31 August but letter back says 4 September. They put my data into system on the 30 October and I did my Biometrics on 1 November. I was told yesterday that my file had still not been given to a case worker!!! Does anyone know how long it takes from the time it is given to a case worker to process?

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm

DRcfox wrote:So I recently found out that they received my app on the 31 August but letter back says 4 September. They put my data into system on the 30 October and I did my Biometrics on 1 November. I was told yesterday that my file had still not been given to a case worker!!! Does anyone know how long it takes from the time it is given to a case worker to process?
Great expectation often leads to great disappointment. As some who have gone through the application process might say, it's best not to make any plans about your life at all until you are told that you can do so (either way refusal or approval). Even the withdrawal of the application takes roughly a month.

Hyper-PK

Re: Royalmail special delivery retun envlope

Post by Hyper-PK » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 am

dial2all wrote:Hi, Guys i can see a little light in the UKBA black hole, I just check Roylmail tracking number for my return envelope, it sys just on the way :D , I am positive in-sha-allah.
tomorrow morning I will update you guys please pray for me.
application posted 20/august/2012
BIO DONE 21/11/2012
Home office posted today (11/04/2013)
Honestly speaking I can't sleep tonight.................
Wish you good luck guys....
Hi Many congratulation (enjoy your freedom). Sound stupid but just wondered if you had expedited your case. , or sent any letter to MP etc.
As people are waiting since June and I am Aug 24th applicant and also still waiting after contacting several time to my MP.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: SHEFFIELD FAX NUMBER

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:44 am

kutub8090 wrote:hello
Nat , Ged or Damanisshallo AND ALL

i am waiting for my wife FLR-(M) application which is outstanding since 15th August 2012.
i would like to fax a letter to them.
ANYONE KNOW THE SHEFFIELD FAX NUMBER PLS?
pls post it.
thanks
Use this template
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:28 am

stoorrey wrote:Hi Guys

Any news about Damanisshallo, haven't seen him for a while in the forums? Is he on holidays ???

This forum is looking so shallow without him..........??
Hello All,

Glad to see some of them getting their decisions lately. I wish I was on a holiday ( I would if I had wings to fly without my passport) ...My project deadline made me stay away for a week from this forum a la My Mistress. My wife prefers to call this forum so.

I'm glad to see people helping each other and more importantly updating the skydrives accordingly.

Congratulations to all who had a positive response from the UKBA...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:46 am

nats wrote:Damanisshallo or anyone, my FLR(M) BRP is arrived today. As I have already posted my application for Set(M) without FLR(M) BRP card and mentioned in cover letter that my BRP is not arrived yet and enclosed is the Approval letter of FLR(M). So now I am worried what should I do. Should I post my FLR BRP card to them myself or should wait for them to ask for my BRP card, if i should post myself which address should i post, same as SEt(M) application postal address or different? Please help :(
Have you had her Biometric Invitation letter yet? I'd wait for this letter to arrive and then respond to the same address or at least ring them and see what they want to do? Coz, only then I'd assume that your wife's application has been logged onto their database.
Skydrives, Templates

milagro
Newly Registered

At long last!

Post by milagro » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 am

Hi Guys,
Was greeted with a pleasant surprise not too long ago when Courier brought my BRP from UKBA! God is great! I can't tell you how immensely delighted I am today.
I have been following this forum since I made my application back then on August 18th 2012. It has been a real painful journey and only by visiting this forum endless times daily gave me much hope and kept my sanity.
I have been touched by the many sad experiences of other applicants and let's not forget that the UKBAs customer service needs much improvements considering the many lives it potentially wrecks.
My MP sent a letter to UKBA since February 26 but got no response. I also sent a barrage of emails,fax and letters weeks ago but got no reply from them.
I am not sure if the email I sent last Friday to the CEO and ccd it to Theresa May and others helped. I followed such lead from another applicant who mentioned she received positive consideration within days of doing so.
This is an awesome site and deserves an accolade.
But let Wish everyone who has been waiting for 6 months or more ' a speedy and successful reply' from UKBA soon.
Much blessings

SPhilip
Newly Registered

Re: At long last!

Post by SPhilip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

Idiot spammer wrote:Hi Guys,
Was greeted with a pleasant surprise not too long ago when Courier brought my BRP from UKBA! God is great! I can't tell you how immensely delighted I am today.
I have been following this forum since I made my application back then on August 18th 2012. It has been a real painful journey and only by visiting this forum endless times daily gave me much hope and kept my sanity.
I have been touched by the many sad experiences of other applicants and let's not forget that the UKBAs customer service needs much improvements considering the many lives it potentially wrecks.
My MP sent a letter to UKBA since February 26 but got no response. I also sent a barrage of emails,fax and letters weeks ago but got no reply from them.
I am not sure if the email I sent last Friday to the CEO and ccd it to Theresa May and others helped. I followed such lead from another applicant who mentioned she received positive consideration within days of doing so.
But let Wish everyone who has been waiting for 6 months or more ' a speedy and successful reply' from UKBA soon.
Much blessings
Congratulations! I am waiting for mine :(
Can you please tell me how you approached Theresa May? I would really appreciate any info to push my application forward. Thank you.

smshad

Post by smshad » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi,
Congrats.
Please share the contents of email and email addresses to which you sent the email
Idiot spammer wrote:Hi Guys,
Much blessings

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 pm

DRcfox wrote:So I recently found out that they received my app on the 31 August but letter back says 4 September. They put my data into system on the 30 October and I did my Biometrics on 1 November. I was told yesterday that my file had still not been given to a case worker!!! Does anyone know how long it takes from the time it is given to a case worker to process?
literally 2 hours.

milagro
Newly Registered

At long last!

Post by milagro » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Please read this:
Rob Whiteman : rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk
Teresa May : mayt@parliament.uk
Home Office Complaints: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

There is no harm in making a noise about the delays after 6 months - so you must send one and send reminders every day however silly it looks. Keep the language clean and assertive. Here is a what I sent:
-----------------------------------
Hello Mr. Whiteman,

UKBA Ref. No. :XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to lodge an official complaint with UKBA regarding serious delays (nearly 8 months) in my settlement application processing.
Sorry, but I will be writing to you directly on a regular basis from now on, until I receive a demonstrable assurance that UKBA is taking an action on my case.
I would also want to request Mr. Mark Harper to intervene and ensure that a law abiding, tax paying resident of UK should not be victimized in this way.

Details of my application:
UKBA Ref. No. : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type : SET(O)
Applied from within the UK
Application Date: 22nd Aug 2012
Main Applicant: NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Dependent 1 : NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Biometric Enrolment Date: 21st Nov 2012
6 Months wait period completed on 22nd Feb 2013
7 Months wait period completed on 22nd Mar 2013

I raised the matter with UKBA through my MP XXXXX - as UKBA customer service had only one unhelpful answer "Your application is in progress. Please continue to wait.".
Following information was transmitted back to me :
As on 01-MAR-2013 my application wasn't allocated to a caseworker.
As on 05-MAR-2013 my application wasn't on UKBA database and would likely be added by spring time.

My Complaint:
1. Applications made after mine have had their applications decided - while my application wasn't allocated to a case worker and most likely hasn't even been opened. UKBA promises that they process applications in the order they are received - and this clearly hasn't happened in my case.
2. UKBA has seriously delayed my application processing beyond their published service standards. This is due to maladministration at UKBA and no fault of mine. This uncertainly and total lack of transparency has caused me and my family tremendous mental stress, prevented us from travelling outside UK to visit to my ailing parents. I consider this as a breach of my human rights.
3. I have received a shambolic customer service (0870 606 7766) - where the UKBA staff was not even willing to listen to my concerns and worries and had absolutely no answers. It was like as if I was speaking to a tape recorder.
4. I was contracted to do IT work for a client and it got completed on 22-FEB-2012. I had made my MP aware of this with proof of completion of contract. Since then I am unable to attend job interviews for new contracts as all employers demand the following to schedule an interview:
A proof of identification
A proof that I am legally allowed to work in UK and have enough time left on my permit to be able to fulfil my job.
Both of these above, requires me to present my passport and BRP - which I don't have because UKBA hasn't processed my application within the timelines that UKBA themselves have published.
5. While I am unable to find work forced by the delays caused by UKBA, I have to pay for me and my family's living expenses out of my limited savings as I do not I have recourse to public funds. Is it justified that I should put my career and finances at risk because of UKBA maladministration and infact pay for that out of my pocket?
6. UKBA suggested me the following options:
Put in request for my passport temporarily (1-2 days) for identity checks by employer. This is to be done by following a process that is supposed to take 20 working days. There will be several interviews scheduled over a period of time - so for each interview scheduled does UKBA expect me to put in a request for return of my passport and wait for 20 days for it to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Withdraw the application and apply again at a suitable time. This would involve forfeiting my application fees , losing out on over 7 months and make a fresh application and waiting for 20 working days for my documents to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Present compelling and compassionate reasons for expediting the processing of my application. This is really surprising to hear because after UKBA knows that they are at fault, and they haven't actioned on my application in over 7 months now - its time UKBA should take the responsibility and ownership of taking the earliest possible decision on my application.
7. My kids (details above) are due to start their primary schooling in a years time. We have planned to buy/rent a property near a good school - this has gone haywire as we cannot apply for a mortgage or produce identity documents for pre-tenancy checks. UKBA delays have seriously jeopardized our plans for providing a good schooling to our children denying then their basic human right.
8. This delay from UKBA will eventually cause a delay for me and my family's citizenship/naturalization application - again attributed to delays caused by UKBA and no fault of mine.

Please provide answers to the complaint above (all 8 points) above and also advise me about the following :
A clear timeline for the processing of my application - permanent solution.
Evidence that a case worker has been allocated to my application and will be available until a decision has been made.
How UKBA and Home Office intend to compensate me for the losses (of money, time and inconvenience) it has caused me and my family.

milagro
Newly Registered

At long last!

Post by milagro » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:08 pm

By the way I believe my email worked. Received a reply today to confirm that my case has been successfully dealt with.

This question is for any of the maestros:

I am less than a week short of my 8 month waiting for UKBA to decide my application. Am I eligible to apply for citizenship with the 15 month period?

nats

Post by nats » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks damanisshallo, i did not received anything yet. payment taken yesterday. hoping to get acknowledgement letter soon. i also called ukba n they said same. wait for biometric lettter n then call again. thank u for advice
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:Damanisshallo or anyone, my FLR(M) BRP is arrived today. As I have already posted my application for Set(M) without FLR(M) BRP card and mentioned in cover letter that my BRP is not arrived yet and enclosed is the Approval letter of FLR(M). So now I am worried what should I do. Should I post my FLR BRP card to them myself or should wait for them to ask for my BRP card, if i should post myself which address should i post, same as SEt(M) application postal address or different? Please help :(
Have you had her Biometric Invitation letter yet? I'd wait for this letter to arrive and then respond to the same address or at least ring them and see what they want to do? Coz, only then I'd assume that your wife's application has been logged onto their database.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Idiot spammer,

Excellent letter and thanks for sharing the people you sent it to - as I believe this is the key.

I will tailor it to my case and do the same.

Gracias!
Idiot spammer wrote:Please read this:
Rob Whiteman : rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk
Teresa May : mayt@parliament.uk
Home Office Complaints: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

There is no harm in making a noise about the delays after 6 months - so you must send one and send reminders every day however silly it looks. Keep the language clean and assertive. Here is a what I sent:
-----------------------------------
Hello Mr. Whiteman,

UKBA Ref. No. :XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to lodge an official complaint with UKBA regarding serious delays (nearly 8 months) in my settlement application processing.
Sorry, but I will be writing to you directly on a regular basis from now on, until I receive a demonstrable assurance that UKBA is taking an action on my case.
I would also want to request Mr. Mark Harper to intervene and ensure that a law abiding, tax paying resident of UK should not be victimized in this way.

Details of my application:
UKBA Ref. No. : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type : SET(O)
Applied from within the UK
Application Date: 22nd Aug 2012
Main Applicant: NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Dependent 1 : NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Biometric Enrolment Date: 21st Nov 2012
6 Months wait period completed on 22nd Feb 2013
7 Months wait period completed on 22nd Mar 2013

I raised the matter with UKBA through my MP XXXXX - as UKBA customer service had only one unhelpful answer "Your application is in progress. Please continue to wait.".
Following information was transmitted back to me :
As on 01-MAR-2013 my application wasn't allocated to a caseworker.
As on 05-MAR-2013 my application wasn't on UKBA database and would likely be added by spring time.

My Complaint:
1. Applications made after mine have had their applications decided - while my application wasn't allocated to a case worker and most likely hasn't even been opened. UKBA promises that they process applications in the order they are received - and this clearly hasn't happened in my case.
2. UKBA has seriously delayed my application processing beyond their published service standards. This is due to maladministration at UKBA and no fault of mine. This uncertainly and total lack of transparency has caused me and my family tremendous mental stress, prevented us from travelling outside UK to visit to my ailing parents. I consider this as a breach of my human rights.
3. I have received a shambolic customer service (0870 606 7766) - where the UKBA staff was not even willing to listen to my concerns and worries and had absolutely no answers. It was like as if I was speaking to a tape recorder.
4. I was contracted to do IT work for a client and it got completed on 22-FEB-2012. I had made my MP aware of this with proof of completion of contract. Since then I am unable to attend job interviews for new contracts as all employers demand the following to schedule an interview:
A proof of identification
A proof that I am legally allowed to work in UK and have enough time left on my permit to be able to fulfil my job.
Both of these above, requires me to present my passport and BRP - which I don't have because UKBA hasn't processed my application within the timelines that UKBA themselves have published.
5. While I am unable to find work forced by the delays caused by UKBA, I have to pay for me and my family's living expenses out of my limited savings as I do not I have recourse to public funds. Is it justified that I should put my career and finances at risk because of UKBA maladministration and infact pay for that out of my pocket?
6. UKBA suggested me the following options:
Put in request for my passport temporarily (1-2 days) for identity checks by employer. This is to be done by following a process that is supposed to take 20 working days. There will be several interviews scheduled over a period of time - so for each interview scheduled does UKBA expect me to put in a request for return of my passport and wait for 20 days for it to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Withdraw the application and apply again at a suitable time. This would involve forfeiting my application fees , losing out on over 7 months and make a fresh application and waiting for 20 working days for my documents to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Present compelling and compassionate reasons for expediting the processing of my application. This is really surprising to hear because after UKBA knows that they are at fault, and they haven't actioned on my application in over 7 months now - its time UKBA should take the responsibility and ownership of taking the earliest possible decision on my application.
7. My kids (details above) are due to start their primary schooling in a years time. We have planned to buy/rent a property near a good school - this has gone haywire as we cannot apply for a mortgage or produce identity documents for pre-tenancy checks. UKBA delays have seriously jeopardized our plans for providing a good schooling to our children denying then their basic human right.
8. This delay from UKBA will eventually cause a delay for me and my family's citizenship/naturalization application - again attributed to delays caused by UKBA and no fault of mine.

Please provide answers to the complaint above (all 8 points) above and also advise me about the following :
A clear timeline for the processing of my application - permanent solution.
Evidence that a case worker has been allocated to my application and will be available until a decision has been made.
How UKBA and Home Office intend to compensate me for the losses (of money, time and inconvenience) it has caused me and my family.

AMH

Strike

Post by AMH » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Here we go....more disruptions approacing

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /28-strike
7A8M6H

dial2all

ILR RECEIVED

Post by dial2all » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Here is my time line :D
Application posted 20/08/12
Acknowledgement issued 22/08/12
Biometric invitation 21/11/12 same day enrolment.
Document received with approval 12/04/2013
BRP Received 12/04/13

Hope for the best guys,,,,,, who are waiting for their decision.
It will come soon,....
Wish you Good Luck all.

sahir1001
Newly Registered

Post by sahir1001 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 pm

I Have been reading this forum for the last 8 months. Today I would like to share my happiness with all of you. Yes,today I got my approval letter,Passport(no visa sticker)& LIUK certificate :) I hope everyone will get Good News soon. Thanks for the support members are giving each other.

Applied 09-08-12
Ack letter 22-08-12
Biometrics done 08-11-12
ILR aprv date 10-04-13
docs received 12-04-13
BRP Still waiting

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Friday brought happiness to most people

AND IT BLOODY BROUGHT FOR ME TOOOOOOO

Docs arrived with approval letter

Please someone update my details on SKydrive

still waiting for BRP though and had to post it for my wife's Flr(m) as soon as it comes

Thanks everyone for keeping me awake (sarcasm) all these 8 months.

I think I lost the gel / adrenaline /or whatever to celebrate..just can't be bothered...still found a bottle of whiskey thou :wink: :wink: :wink:.... ... But Mrs is excited and shez up for a celebration tonight...

enjoy the wait folks...I will still visit this thread and FLR(m) thread until my wife's app is approved

regards

jitu_2677

Post by jitu_2677 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 pm

what your name on skydrive

give the details of your timeline
saanju9 wrote:Friday brought happiness to most people

AND IT BLOODY BROUGHT FOR ME TOOOOOOO

Docs arrived with approval letter

Please someone update my details on SKydrive

still waiting for BRP though and had to post it for my wife's Flr(m) as soon as it comes

Thanks everyone for keeping me awake (sarcasm) all these 8 months.

I think I lost the gel / adrenaline /or whatever to celebrate..just can't be bothered...still found a bottle of whiskey thou :wink: :wink: :wink:.... ... But Mrs is excited and shez up for a celebration tonight...

enjoy the wait folks...I will still visit this thread and FLR(m) thread until my wife's app is approved

regards

Joyous2013

Post by Joyous2013 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Have been reading this forum for the last 7 months. Thanks for the support members are giving each other. I check this site every 30 minutes

Applied 31-08-12 10 Yr Long Residence
Received 03-09-12
Ack letter 04-09-13
Biometrics done 01-11-12
BRP Still waiting

My timeline still not on skydrive. Could someone please add it