ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT!!! Work Permit - made redundant!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kanaboo
Newly Registered

URGENT!!! Work Permit - made redundant!

Post by kanaboo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:22 pm

Hi, I have worked for a company with a work permit but I will be made redundant soon. Still working for the company but found a job and got offered.

The company am currently working is going to give me a letter, that states I am made redundant, so that my new workpermit application would be fast tracked.

The thing is the new company would like me to start working in 2 weeks time. I know I need to have P45 as well to get ti swapped over quickly.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get a new permit issued in this case?

While applying/ getting issued for a new permit could I work with the new company with the curent permit in the mean time?

I would be greatly appreciate it if any of you could give me some adovice on this.

Thanks.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:08 pm

Policy for persons who have been made redundant
The Department will look favourably on applications in respect of foreign nationals who have been made redundant and who hold a current in-date valid permit.

The following information must be provided:

• Cover Letter indicating that this application is for a person who has been made redundant by previous employer

• Fully completed new application form with all relevant attachments and fee

• FÃ

kanaboo
Newly Registered

Post by kanaboo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:38 am

to joesoap101

Thanks for your responce. I really appreciated it!