ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes of circumstances with EU4FAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Changes of circumstances with EU4FAM

Post by broli » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I have a family card EU4FAM

the EU citizen is gonna stop work for sometimes ..Is this something i should
report to EU rights department...

I have found a great job at cork , Eu citizen will go with me ....do need to inform EU treaty right that we are moving from Dublin to cork ...

i check on INIS ....i didn't see any such case in change of circumstances..

Do i risk loosing the card if i don't update EU right dept?

Thank you all

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Just update ur new address with the local garda station (Immigration Officer)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Changes of circumstances with EU4FAM

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

broli wrote:the EU citizen is gonna stop work for sometimes ..Is this something i should report to EU rights department...
You can if you want, but I dont think its makes any impact if you do or do not report
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:31 pm

broli wrote:I have found a great job at cork , Eu citizen will go with me ....do need to inform EU treaty right that we are moving from Dublin to cork ...

Thank you all
No you dont, but if you're expecting them to contact you via post for any reason in the future, then its best you update your records with them.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm

broli wrote:I have a family card EU4FAM

I have found a great job at cork , Eu citizen will go with me ....do need to inform EU treaty right that we are moving from Dublin to cork ...

Thank you all
Yes you have to inform EU Treaty rights section about the changes in circumstances. If EU citizen cease to exercise his/her EU treaty rights you could have problem at later stage when applying for permanent residence but again it depends for how long.
If your Spouse is out of work permanently and is not exercising his/her EU treaty rights by Studying/Self Employed/Self sufficient you could also lose right of residence.
about changing address.
You have to write a letter to them telling them which is your new address. I did this in 2011 and they sent me a letter back asking for utility bills, lease, and PRTB letter again for new address.
You can update them once you have all the documents in order because they will ask you.
Local Garda station will not make any changes because you are resident under EU law everything has to be done through EU Treaty rights section.

Hope it helps.

Good Luck

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 am

broli wrote:I have a family card EU4FAM

Thank you all
- If your EU spouse has been working for a year or more and has been let go, you will retain your right of residence provided your spouse is registered as a jobseeker with FÁS (now known as Solas).
- If your EU spouse was employed as a contract worker for more than 6 months but less than a year and their contract expired, you will retain your right of residence provided your spouse is registered as a jobseeker with FÁS (now known as Solas).
- If your EU spouse is unable to work due to pregnancy, illness or injury, you will retain your right of residence.
- If your EU spouse has embarked on vocational training, you will retain your right of residence provided they were let go, if they resigned/left of their own accord, their training must be in the field of their previous job.

If your spouse's employment has ceased in any other way other than the above, you will lose your right of residence as your spouse will not be exercising their EU treaty rights and therefore you will not be entitled to reside in the country according to EU law.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:12 am

We don't know why the OP's EU spouse will stop working. It is possible that they will retain the status of worker depending on the reasons.

It is also possible for the non-EU to be considered self-sufficient if they comply with those requirements.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

changes of circumstances

Post by broli » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 am

Hi thanks you all,

well in fact she has work in the company for 2 months...she left for a second company for 9 month, then now she left for a third company where the contract is for 2 months...

So that contract will finish on may 2013. However that company have time to time new assignement they will use the same contract if you come back...

On the otherside we didn't want the social hel ( FAS told me : register as jobseeker means that you apply for social help and free training to get back to work)
We have enough incomes because she has a monthly scholarship from Denmark as she is studying online in a Danish University...

I am working in permanent position in IT

That is the complete situation.

Thanks !

malikscompany

Re: changes of circumstances

Post by malikscompany » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 am

broli wrote:Hi thanks you all,

well in fact she has work in the company for 2 months...she left for a second company for 9 month, then now she left for a third company where the contract is for 2 months...

So that contract will finish on may 2013. However that company have time to time new assignement they will use the same contract if you come back...

On the otherside we didn't want the social hel ( FAS told me : register as jobseeker means that you apply for social help and free training to get back to work)
We have enough incomes because she has a monthly scholarship from Denmark as she is studying online in a Danish University...

I am working in permanent position in IT

That is the complete situation.

Thanks !
dont worry you will be fine as long as you dont clain social , even if she does claim social she is exercising her treaty rights, living on enough funds is exercising treaty rights too . just change your address with local Garda station and thats it. you need to tell INIS about change of circumstanses if any visa application or application for naturalisation is in process .