ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Update about my wife visa

As I mentioned earlier that we have a PEO appoint in Croydon on Thursday.

We had an exceptionally pleasant experience at the PEO

We took both FLR (m) and Set (m). At the first reception desk I explained to the clerk that my wife was eligible for ILR as she had been my Tier 1 g dependant for the last 2 years, but the clerk said that he knew nothing about and referred us to a nearby lady who he said was a Manager. We went to her and handed her both the forms and gave her a brief explanation but before i could complete she said my wife didn’t need FLR and she could apply on SET m provided she had Life in UK or skills for lif and other docs and obviously we had them all. She stamped Set (m) as Valid and gave us token and directed us very politely to payment. She was extremely kind and cooperative.

After payment, within 15 minutes biometrics were done and then we had to wait for a while for a Caseworker to call us.
When we were called, i gave the form and she asked for the co habitations docs, i gave her a big bundle, she smiled and just took 3 or 4, plus my 3 months pay slips and bank statement and English certificate. She didn’t take Tenancy, marriage certificate or anything else. She asked for the birth certificate of our child who was born in the last 2 years.
Then she said she was going for lunch when she comes back she will process our case and told us to go for lunch as well, but we stayed. after an hr we saw her coming back and sat to a desk with our docs and with almost 15 mints she called our token No, we thought something is wrong but she handed over the docs along with a approval ILR letter and said everything was fine. It was such a simple and smooth thing. She was also very polite and kind.
So after 6 and half months of wait for my ILR --very tense time--- in the final one week everything went so easy and nice that i totally forgot all the terrible tension within no time. I can now forgive UKBA for all this wait thanks to the the nice experience in Croydon PEO.
Now I am going to apply for my 2 babies citizenship on MN1.
Thanks a lot all you guys and
Welcome back Damisnhallo thank you very much for you all time help

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:15 am

cheekyvirgin wrote:Anyone news from July applicants yet ? Still waiting desperately

Please input

Thanks
Not from me. Know the feeling each time someone who applied after me gets some good new. Feels like dying a slow death since 18 July. Lost for words

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 am

dupuytren wrote:Hi all

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)
Hi

It's not really nice is it? Checking the post everyday whilst the application is locked in a storage facilty somewhere. For all I know it may still be a couple hundred miles away from the case working team

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 am

stoorrey wrote:Update about my wife visa
... directed us very politely to payment. She was extremely kind and cooperative. ....It was such a simple and smooth thing. She was also very polite and kind... one week everything went so easy and nice that i totally forgot all the terrible tension within no time.
I am so happy for you!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: UPDATE

Post by Hwima » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:55 am

let_koko wrote:Hi guys
This is just to update you about my naturalization application.

I received the pack this morning but unfortunately, it was refused, reason been, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A YEAR.

I shall re-apply once a year has passed

Best of luck to those still waiting for ILR
Hi

Sorry about that, although I must say it was rather expected after it emerged there was a massive difference in circumstances between your sibling's case and yours. You still came back with an honest response after the debate got a little heated up, which is nice. Wish you well next year.

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: A quick question regarding impacts of Discretionary Leav

Post by Hwima » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 am

k_alibaba wrote:Hi
I applied my 10 years set(O) application on 3/9/12 and waiting for the outcome yet.
there are couple of things i need clarity, if someone could elaborate for me please.
I've been in UK since 2002 and my first 8 years were as student and then my current leave is a 3 years Discretionary Leave on the basis of my son's medical condition.
Will it have any affect on 10 years legal stay?
its because DL is outside Immigration rules and it does not allow to switch from DL category to any other so I have a doubt if it would have any implications on my 10 years set(O) application.
it would be grateful if someone could make things clearer to me. thanks
Hi

I advise you keep an eye on my posts as I will on yours. There are striking similarities in circumstances and I share the same concerns as you. l believe the decision on your case will not be so different from mine and at the moment I feel we will need a bit of luck on our side.

Izno

Post by Izno » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:49 am

Congrats my friend good news for you. Was yours a set o or m ? Was your case straightforward ? Did you hire any lawyer, any extra docs? As i applied on the 09 august too no response from ukba mine is set o , 10 yrs route.

Many thanks

sahir1001 wrote:I Have been reading this forum for the last 8 months. Today I would like to share my happiness with all of you. Yes,today I got my approval letter,Passport(no visa sticker)& LIUK certificate :) I hope everyone will get Good News soon. Thanks for the support members are giving each other.

Here is my timeline please add to skydrive
Applied 09-08-12
Ack letter 22-08-12
Biometrics done 08-11-12
ILR aprv date 10-04-13
docs received 12-04-13
BRP Still waiting

dupuytren

Re: At long last!

Post by dupuytren » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:52 am

Thank you so much Idiot spammer. I've sent a similar letter to all of these useless people. They need to know about the fact that my application was left in freakin cold storage the whole time!!!

Idiot spammer wrote:Please read this:
Rob Whiteman : rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk
Teresa May : mayt@parliament.uk
Home Office Complaints: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

There is no harm in making a noise about the delays after 6 months - so you must send one and send reminders every day however silly it looks. Keep the language clean and assertive. Here is a what I sent:
-----------------------------------
Hello Mr. Whiteman,

UKBA Ref. No. :XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to lodge an official complaint with UKBA regarding serious delays (nearly 8 months) in my settlement application processing.
Sorry, but I will be writing to you directly on a regular basis from now on, until I receive a demonstrable assurance that UKBA is taking an action on my case.
I would also want to request Mr. Mark Harper to intervene and ensure that a law abiding, tax paying resident of UK should not be victimized in this way.

Details of my application:
UKBA Ref. No. : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type : SET(O)
Applied from within the UK
Application Date: 22nd Aug 2012
Main Applicant: NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Dependent 1 : NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Biometric Enrolment Date: 21st Nov 2012
6 Months wait period completed on 22nd Feb 2013
7 Months wait period completed on 22nd Mar 2013

I raised the matter with UKBA through my MP XXXXX - as UKBA customer service had only one unhelpful answer "Your application is in progress. Please continue to wait.".
Following information was transmitted back to me :
As on 01-MAR-2013 my application wasn't allocated to a caseworker.
As on 05-MAR-2013 my application wasn't on UKBA database and would likely be added by spring time.

My Complaint:
1. Applications made after mine have had their applications decided - while my application wasn't allocated to a case worker and most likely hasn't even been opened. UKBA promises that they process applications in the order they are received - and this clearly hasn't happened in my case.
2. UKBA has seriously delayed my application processing beyond their published service standards. This is due to maladministration at UKBA and no fault of mine. This uncertainly and total lack of transparency has caused me and my family tremendous mental stress, prevented us from travelling outside UK to visit to my ailing parents. I consider this as a breach of my human rights.
3. I have received a shambolic customer service (0870 606 7766) - where the UKBA staff was not even willing to listen to my concerns and worries and had absolutely no answers. It was like as if I was speaking to a tape recorder.
4. I was contracted to do IT work for a client and it got completed on 22-FEB-2012. I had made my MP aware of this with proof of completion of contract. Since then I am unable to attend job interviews for new contracts as all employers demand the following to schedule an interview:
A proof of identification
A proof that I am legally allowed to work in UK and have enough time left on my permit to be able to fulfil my job.
Both of these above, requires me to present my passport and BRP - which I don't have because UKBA hasn't processed my application within the timelines that UKBA themselves have published.
5. While I am unable to find work forced by the delays caused by UKBA, I have to pay for me and my family's living expenses out of my limited savings as I do not I have recourse to public funds. Is it justified that I should put my career and finances at risk because of UKBA maladministration and infact pay for that out of my pocket?
6. UKBA suggested me the following options:
Put in request for my passport temporarily (1-2 days) for identity checks by employer. This is to be done by following a process that is supposed to take 20 working days. There will be several interviews scheduled over a period of time - so for each interview scheduled does UKBA expect me to put in a request for return of my passport and wait for 20 days for it to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Withdraw the application and apply again at a suitable time. This would involve forfeiting my application fees , losing out on over 7 months and make a fresh application and waiting for 20 working days for my documents to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Present compelling and compassionate reasons for expediting the processing of my application. This is really surprising to hear because after UKBA knows that they are at fault, and they haven't actioned on my application in over 7 months now - its time UKBA should take the responsibility and ownership of taking the earliest possible decision on my application.
7. My kids (details above) are due to start their primary schooling in a years time. We have planned to buy/rent a property near a good school - this has gone haywire as we cannot apply for a mortgage or produce identity documents for pre-tenancy checks. UKBA delays have seriously jeopardized our plans for providing a good schooling to our children denying then their basic human right.
8. This delay from UKBA will eventually cause a delay for me and my family's citizenship/naturalization application - again attributed to delays caused by UKBA and no fault of mine.

Please provide answers to the complaint above (all 8 points) above and also advise me about the following :
A clear timeline for the processing of my application - permanent solution.
Evidence that a case worker has been allocated to my application and will be available until a decision has been made.
How UKBA and Home Office intend to compensate me for the losses (of money, time and inconvenience) it has caused me and my family.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Re: wife got ILR

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am

sorry.. mis-wrote it... edited to blank...
Last edited by elcanja on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am

nats wrote:Thanx malavan for valuable info. My peo is Sheffield. I m more worried bcoz they refused wife's ilr when she applied as dependent on my set(o) form by post previously. I called ukba n lady said set(o) is for 10 year basis. So i thought for peo with all forms now. Pray 4 me.
malavan1234 wrote:
nats wrote:Congrats malavan, thats great news. Can you please tell what did you selected in FLR(M) form section 2 point 2.2 "Is it the 1st time you applying as partner"? if elect NO, what reason you gave below?? Also did u filled Financial Requirement Section or Maintenance section? It would be great if u help me out in this. I have appointment for FLR(M) on 4th April, really worried how will it go. I will follow the same on 1st window with FLR(M) and SET(M). now its seem like we have to take SET(O) as well :S Have you explained them any paragraphs or rules under which they should consider Settlement? If yes which ones..? and any additional documents you took with u except those mentioned in FLR(m) and Set(m) form?
malavan1234 wrote:I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

first of all would like to thanks from every one who gave me advises and suggestions. (specially punjabi)

As some of you might know, I got my ILR(10 years) just last week and wanted to apply for my wife who was on student depandant visa and psw dependant perviousley for 5 years.
we booked the appointment under Flr (M) as we thought she needs to get visa under that. as I read some experinces of people here, we then decided to fill form Set(M) too and take both forms.

so we went to ukba today, and they asked us for the form on the first window! I showed them both forms as we dont know which form she is eligable. The lady said let me talk to my supervisor! she then called us and said wife has to apply under Set(M) which was great news for us.

after 2 hours waiting (already paid £1337 for set(m)) the case worker called us for checking the documents then we got shocking news!!
She said both Flr(M) and Set(M) are wrong forms and my wife should fill the Set(O) form!!!

she then brought the form for us and (thanks god) asked me to fill the form over there!! I quickly filled the form and after checking not even our all douments (except our marrige certificate and passports) she said wait for 15 minutes.

after 15 min she called again and gave a letter to my wife which was granted for her ILR. YES ILR.........

I think even them self dont know which form is right for 10 years long residancy dependant!!!

So my wife got her ILR same as me.....
Thanks again from every one who helped me in this forum..
In section 2.2 I have selected Yes cos I have just granted for settel and it was first time my wif was applying under my ILR ( pereviously she was on my tier 4 dependant)

Reagarding finance, I filled both finance and maintance cos we had covered more than £18600 and als no problem on maintance.

they didnt give me chance to explain them the rule, u have to be very wise on the sitution I think, from their body language and communication I thought I do whatever they are going to say......so becarful what you gonna say to them...

which peo u have appointment on 4 april?

I took everythings what i thought gonna be useful....like, all bank statment from since last year, all pay slips for me an my wife since last year ( I work part time my wife works full time), last 2 years electricity bills which is in both name, my mortgage letter, even mine and my wife driving licence which the case worker had a look on wife driving licence date which was for 3 years ago....
dont worry, hope u get it.....just more confidance and think optomistic....I do pray for u.....

GOOD LUCK......

Hi all....

malavan and nats, thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us. I'm pretty much on the same boat as you guys and just wanted to clarify a few things.

I've just been granted ILR (10 years route) a couple weeks ago after 8 months waiting. I have also just applied for my baby's naturalisation this week and now am in the process of sorting out my wife's situation. I was previously on a student visa and my wife is still a student dependant, just like malavan's case.
I was hoping for the same same outcome as malavan had but have just now seen nats' outcome as well as these new rules that came into effect last 6th of April. Did I get it right, as from 6 April 2013 time spent as a student dependant does not count towards settlement on the spouse route? If so, all chances of achieving something like malavan did are pretty much gone, right?

Also malavan, from further reading I've been doing today here, SET(M) really would not be the right form as it's for settlement of spouses/partners of people that have been granted ILR under PBS route only, not under 10 year rule. So, did the case worker mention anything with regards to why SET(O) was the right form for you? Or did they just do it by discretion?

I was thinking of even going from London to Liverpool to try and get the same supervisor who authorized yours. :)

I remember someone else a bit more than a month ago on this thread that had a similar case and also managed to get settlement straight away. Does anyone remember? I'd like to know what their exact situation was and which PEO he went to.

Anyway, as for the the last changes of 6th April, that doesn't bother me much as my wife will complete 10 years this September and her case is pretty straight forward in that matter, no gaps or anything. However, I definitely would still like to try and go straight for settlement and avoid going through/paying one extra application.

Lastly, Damanishallo, if I try and sum up my current situation from what I understand, could you just try and put your 2 cents? :)

- Better chance of going for FLR(M) rather than settlement for my wife.
(Will try and take the SET forms to PEO appointment and see what happens anyway.)

- As she's been a PBS dependant for 6/7 years, she falls under old rules (before 9th July). That means maintenance instead of financial requirements. You mentioned something previously along the lines of £150 pounds spare per week after living costs (rent & council tax), right? Income of both myself and my wife is counted.

- MY MAIN DOUBT - As far as money, my wife has been on a 20K + commission contract for 3 to 4 years but went into maternity leave for 10 months and has been back at work for 4 months now on a part-time basis. She's currently earning around £1.000 net a month. I have not been earning much myself as I've been studying until just now, about £500-600 net a month. In addition to that, my parents have been helping out these last 6 months by sending £800-900 a month by western union (I have about 3 to 4 receipts by western union). So, as far as maintenance we can show my wife's 20 K contract + letter from her employer + two p60s of her previous years showing 22K total + payslips from both our jobs covering a long time + western union receipts + bank statements + savings statement covering 2/3 months (not longer) with £4 K in it. I do not have a contract but can get a letter from my employer. My wife's latest payslips (last 12 months) are for around £1000 net (last 3 months) and around £600 (9 months maternity leave). My payslips show an average of £150 net weekly. Our current rent is £1050 a month but we're moving soon to a place that will be £875 a month. I could take the contract of the new property to the appointment.
Sorry for the long text, but do you reckon that's enough to cover the maintenance requirements?

- Lastly, I've also seen something about 28 days period to switch from current status to whichever one after partner has been granted ILR. How strict are these 28 days? My wife's student dependant visa is valid until 2014.

- So basically,I'll book an FLR(M) apointment, take all the maintenance documentation, marriage certificate (UK), co habitation docs, tenancy agreement, english test certificate, and also her life in the UK certificate (she has it already), baby's birth certificate, acknowledgement letter of baby's naturalisation, mention she's close to 10 years, take SET(M) and SET(O) forms, :), and see if I can blag settlement straight away. What do you guys reckon?

Thanks a lot once more and to everyone else waiting for their ILR, keep the faith!

Hopefully my ordeal with all of this will soon be over....

Cheers
Last edited by elcanja on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:59 am

I am extremely pleased to read this. Although the level of service varies from person to person, department to department in the home office, this is a great review and just the kind of reviews they need now as they build their reputation as a fair, transparent, efficient and at the same time tough/resilient organisation that can execute new immigration policies appropriately.

We took both FLR (m) and Set (m). At the first reception desk I explained to the clerk that my wife was eligible for ILR as she had been my Tier 1 g dependant for the last 2 years, but the clerk said that he knew nothing about and referred us to a nearby lady who he said was a Manager. We went to her and handed her both the forms and gave her a brief explanation but before i could complete she said my wife didn’t need FLR and she could apply on SET m provided she had Life in UK or skills for lif and other docs and obviously we had them all. She stamped Set (m) as Valid and gave us token and directed us very politely to payment. She was extremely kind and cooperative.

After payment, within 15 minutes biometrics were done and then we had to wait for a while for a Caseworker to call us.
When we were called, i gave the form and she asked for the co habitations docs, i gave her a big bundle, she smiled and just took 3 or 4, plus my 3 months pay slips and bank statement and English certificate. She didn’t take Tenancy, marriage certificate or anything else. She asked for the birth certificate of our child who was born in the last 2 years.
Then she said she was going for lunch when she comes back she will process our case and told us to go for lunch as well, but we stayed. after an hr we saw her coming back and sat to a desk with our docs and with almost 15 mints she called our token No, we thought something is wrong but she handed over the docs along with a approval ILR letter and said everything was fine. It was such a simple and smooth thing. She was also very polite and kind.
So after 6 and half months of wait for my ILR --very tense time--- in the final one week everything went so easy and nice that i totally forgot all the terrible tension within no time. I can now forgive UKBA for all this wait thanks to the the nice experience in Croydon PEO.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:42 am

Great news stoorey!!! Congrats!!!

When you say Tier 1 g, do you mean PSW? And was it this Thursday 11th? It seems to go against what's been said with regards to the changes last 6th of April. Unless I misunderstood things... As I've just discussed at length in the previous post my wife's currently on a student dependant visa, but before that she was on a 2 year PSW dependant as well. Not really sure how that would make a difference compared to yours.

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
Last edited by elcanja on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 am

messed up again... edited to blank... :)

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:37 pm

elcanja wrote: Great news stoorey!!! Congrats!!!

When you say Tier 1 g, do you mean PSW? And was it this Thursday 11th? It seems to go against what's been said with regards to the changes last 6th of April. Unless I misunderstood things... As I've just discussed at length in the previous post my wife's currently on a student dependant visa, but before that she was on a 2 year PSW dependant as well. Not really sure how that would make a difference compared to yours.

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
Tier 1 G - is Tier 1 General ...not PSW... they are different.. Tier 1 G leads to ILR and PSW doesn't

nats

Post by nats » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 pm

I would suggest if u want to apply for FLR(M) of ur wife in PEO and try ur luck for SET(M) or SET(O) then book appointment only for Croydon as 6th April is already gone, so the only chance is in croydon. other PEOs r nothing more than crap. as Sheffield did not gave me Set(M) even before 6th April.
Regarding Maintenance requirements u come under old rules and ur situation is similar to mine. I was student working part time on £10k. My wife was working full time earning 23K. But was on maternity for 1 year n joined on part time basis on 16K pay just 5 months back. I took my 6 months salary slips, 6 month bank statement, my job letter, wife's 2 years salary slips including those which shows her SMP, her 2 year bank statements, her job letter. Plus her 1st full time contract, her part time contract after maternity.
But we only handed our 6 months slips (my wife's 1 slip was showing just £50 salary in maternity leave), her bonus letter, our 6 months statements including saving accounts if any. 2 years slips were just if they asked for reason/ explanation for less income last 6 months. so we can show as proof that she was on maternity leave. but they did not asked for anything n granted FLR(M).
in my opinion u should take ur western union slips as well. u can also enclose a letter from parents that they r supporting u by giving £xx every month.

elcanja wrote:
nats wrote:Thanx malavan for valuable info. My peo is Sheffield. I m more worried bcoz they refused wife's ilr when she applied as dependent on my set(o) form by post previously. I called ukba n lady said set(o) is for 10 year basis. So i thought for peo with all forms now. Pray 4 me.
malavan1234 wrote:
nats wrote:Congrats malavan, thats great news. Can you please tell what did you selected in FLR(M) form section 2 point 2.2 "Is it the 1st time you applying as partner"? if elect NO, what reason you gave below?? Also did u filled Financial Requirement Section or Maintenance section? It would be great if u help me out in this. I have appointment for FLR(M) on 4th April, really worried how will it go. I will follow the same on 1st window with FLR(M) and SET(M). now its seem like we have to take SET(O) as well :S Have you explained them any paragraphs or rules under which they should consider Settlement? If yes which ones..? and any additional documents you took with u except those mentioned in FLR(m) and Set(m) form?
In section 2.2 I have selected Yes cos I have just granted for settel and it was first time my wif was applying under my ILR ( pereviously she was on my tier 4 dependant)

Reagarding finance, I filled both finance and maintance cos we had covered more than £18600 and als no problem on maintance.

they didnt give me chance to explain them the rule, u have to be very wise on the sitution I think, from their body language and communication I thought I do whatever they are going to say......so becarful what you gonna say to them...

I took everythings what i thought gonna be useful....like, all bank statment from since last year, all pay slips for me an my wife since last year ( I work part time my wife works full time), last 2 years electricity bills which is in both name, my mortgage letter, even mine and my wife driving licence which the case worker had a look on wife driving licence date which was for 3 years ago....
dont worry, hope u get it.....just more confidance and think optomistic....I do pray for u.....

GOOD LUCK......

Hi all....

malavan and nats, thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us. I'm pretty much on the same boat as you guys and just wanted to clarify a few things.

I've just been granted ILR (10 years route) a couple weeks ago after 8 months waiting. I have also just applied for my baby's naturalisation this week and now am in the process of sorting out my wife's situation. I was previously on a student visa and my wife is still a student dependant, just like malavan's case.
I was hoping for the same same outcome as malavan had but have just now seen nats' outcome as well as these new rules that came into effect last 6th of April. Did I get it right, as from 6 April 2013 time spent as a student dependant does not count towards settlement on the spouse route? If so, all chances of achieving something like malavan did are pretty much gone, right?

Also malavan, from further reading I've been doing today here, SET(M) really would not be the right form as it's for settlement of spouses/partners of people that have been granted ILR under PBS route only, not under 10 year rule. So, did the case worker mention anything with regards to why SET(O) was the right form for you? Or did they just do it by discretion?

I was thinking of even going from London to Liverpool to try and get the same supervisor who authorized yours. :)

I remember someone else a bit more than a month ago on this thread that had a similar case and also managed to get settlement straight away. Does anyone remember? I'd like to know what their exact situation was and which PEO he went to.

Anyway, as for the the last changes of 6th April, that doesn't bother me much as my wife will complete 10 years this September and her case is pretty straight forward in that matter, no gaps or anything. However, I definitely would still like to try and go straight for settlement and avoid going through/paying one extra application.

Lastly, Damanishallo, if I try and sum up my current situation from what I understand, could you just try and put your 2 cents? :)

(Will try and take the SET forms to PEO appointment and see what happens anyway.)

- As she's been a PBS dependant for 6/7 years, she falls under old rules (before 9th July). That means maintenance instead of financial requirements. You mentioned something previously along the lines of £150 pounds spare per week after living costs (rent & council tax), right? Income of both myself and my wife is counted.

- MY MAIN DOUBT - As far as money, my wife has been on a 20K + commission contract for 3 to 4 years but went into maternity leave for 10 months and has been back at work for 4 months now on a part-time basis. She's currently earning around £1.000 net a month. I have not been earning much myself as I've been studying until just now, about £500-600 net a month. In addition to that, my parents have been helping out these last 6 months by sending £800-900 a month by western union (I have about 3 to 4 receipts by western union). So, as far as maintenance we can show my wife's 20 K contract + letter from her employer + two p60s of her previous years showing 22K total + payslips from both our jobs covering a long time + western union receipts + bank statements + savings statement covering 2/3 months (not longer) with £4 K in it. I do not have a contract but can get a letter from my employer. My wife's latest payslips (last 12 months) are for around £1000 net (last 3 months) and around £600 (9 months maternity leave). My payslips show an average of £150 net weekly. Our current rent is £1050 a month but we're moving soon to a place that will be £875 a month. I could take the contract of the new property to the appointment.
Sorry for the long text, but do you reckon that's enough to cover the maintenance requirements?

- Lastly, I've also seen something about 28 days period to switch from current status to whichever one after partner has been granted ILR. How strict are these 28 days? My wife's student dependant visa is valid until 2014.

- So basically,I'll book an FLR(M) apointment, take all the maintenance documentation, marriage certificate (UK), co habitation docs, tenancy agreement, english test certificate, and also her life in the UK certificate (she has it already), baby's birth certificate, acknowledgement letter of baby's naturalisation, mention she's close to 10 years, take SET(M) and SET(O) forms, :), and see if I can blag settlement straight away. What do you guys reckon?

Thanks a lot once more and to everyone else waiting for their ILR, keep the faith!

Cheers

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:02 pm

saanju9 wrote:
elcanja wrote: Great news stoorey!!! Congrats!!!

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
Tier 1 G - is Tier 1 General ...not PSW... they are different.. Tier 1 G leads to ILR and PSW doesn't

Thought so... Just wanted to confirm as PSW was also Tier 1... Too much information... :) Cheers

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm

elcanja wrote:

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
@elcanja

My wife visa was not PSW, her last 2 years was Teir 1 (general) dependant which is acceptable even after 6th april as it is a category towards settlement. I am not sure how they will deal with PSW or student
Thanks for you nice comments

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 pm

nats wrote:I would suggest if u want to apply for FLR(M) of ur wife in PEO and try ur luck for SET(M) or SET(O) then book appointment only for Croydon as 6th April is already gone, so the only chance is in croydon. other PEOs r nothing more than crap. as Sheffield did not gave me Set(M) even before 6th April.
Regarding Maintenance requirements u come under old rules and ur situation is similar to mine. I was student working part time on £10k. My wife was working full time earning 23K. But was on maternity for 1 year n joined on part time basis on 16K pay just 5 months back. I took my 6 months salary slips, 6 month bank statement, my job letter, wife's 2 years salary slips including those which shows her SMP, her 2 year bank statements, her job letter. Plus her 1st full time contract, her part time contract after maternity.
But we only handed our 6 months slips (my wife's 1 slip was showing just £50 salary in maternity leave), her bonus letter, our 6 months statements including saving accounts if any. 2 years slips were just if they asked for reason/ explanation for less income last 6 months. so we can show as proof that she was on maternity leave. but they did not asked for anything n granted FLR(M).
in my opinion u should take ur western union slips as well. u can also enclose a letter from parents that they r supporting u by giving £xx every month.

elcanja wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:

GOOD LUCK......

Hi all....

Cheers
Thanks a lot nats! That is very similar indeed. We're just earning a bit less than you guys but it should be alright hopefully. Will also see if I can get my father's statements and what not.

I've seen you sent your SET(M) already as well.. Was it just before the 6th? Best of luck with that!

Cheers

Graceofgod

Post by Graceofgod » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

stoorrey wrote:
elcanja wrote:

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
@elcanja

My wife visa was not PSW, her last 2 years was Teir 1 (general) dependant which is acceptable even after 6th april as it is a category towards settlement. I am not sure how they will deal with PSW or student
Hi all,
could someone please write about the changes made by HO in regards to the FLR(M) application for spouse of settled person on the basis of 10 years long residence. I can't see anything on HO website. I really appreciate your efforts.
Regards
Laxman
Information or Advice provided by me is general in nature and based on my own limited expertise hence shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

elcanja
Newly Registered

Post by elcanja » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

stoorrey wrote:
elcanja wrote:

Anyway, great stuff!

Have a nice one..
@elcanja

Ok... Just overreacted/got a bit confused. I just read this morning about these bloody changes on the 6th. And when I double checked what Tier 1 General was I found a reference to PSW also being under Tier 1 so was just wondering...

Well, it looks unlikely that I'll get settlement straight away for my wife now but let's try it anyhow... Got the documents needed already (LITK etc), just need to fill the forms and pray for the best.

And is anyone else able to say anything about the 28 day rule?

Cheers

shazib1786

Re: A quick question regarding impacts of Discretionary Leav

Post by shazib1786 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Hwima wrote:
k_alibaba wrote:Hi
I applied my 10 years set(O) application on 3/9/12 and waiting for the outcome yet.
there are couple of things i need clarity, if someone could elaborate for me please.
I've been in UK since 2002 and my first 8 years were as student and then my current leave is a 3 years Discretionary Leave on the basis of my son's medical condition.
Will it have any affect on 10 years legal stay?
its because DL is outside Immigration rules and it does not allow to switch from DL category to any other so I have a doubt if it would have any implications on my 10 years set(O) application.
it would be grateful if someone could make things clearer to me. thanks
Hi

I advise you keep an eye on my posts as I will on yours. There are striking similarities in circumstances and I share the same concerns as you. l believe the decision on your case will not be so different from mine and at the moment I feel we will need a bit of luck on our side.
guys u will be fine under 10 years route do also counts towards ilr

nats

Post by nats » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes, it was just before the 6th April. We posted it on 5th April with Saturday (6th April) guaranteed delivery for extra £3 :D but they delivered on Monday 8th April coz of UKBA closure due to strike. But anyway they consider postal date so fingers crossed :) I hope it turns out well after so much expense, wait n pray.
elcanja wrote: I've seen you sent your SET(M) already as well.. Was it just before the 6th? Best of luck with that!

mmakhan

biometrics but no fingerprints

Post by mmakhan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 pm

set(O)-6/9/2012
biometrics enrolled-13/11/2012
everything else waiting. applied for my wife as her visa was about to expire on 25th with a covering lette
flr m-21/03/2013
biometric invitation-11/04/2013
hi guys i we went for biometrics today for my wife after having her picture she was told that the letter says she does not need her fingerprints scanned we cant find any such thing on the letter,i m very confused do they usually do this?any information

Aroragurprit
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by Aroragurprit » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Guys please help

I got my ILR on 10 years long residence on 12-04-13. My wife and son applied for FLR O as a cover as their leave expires on the 7thMay 2013. My question is can I change their application to set M, my son was 6 months old when he entered the UK, my wife has been tier1 dependent for more than 2 years and in the UK for 6 years. Can they both now get ILR STRAIGHTAWAY. Senior members please help

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Please help

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Aroragurprit wrote:I got my ILR on 10 years long residence on 12-04-13. My wife and son applied for FLR O as a cover as their leave expires on the 7thMay 2013. My question is can I change their application to set M, my son was 6 months old when he entered the UK, my wife has been tier1 dependent for more than 2 years and in the UK for 6 years. Can they both now get ILR STRAIGHTAWAY. Senior members please help
Yes, you can vary their applications and pay the excess amount. You should get a refund for your FLR(O) if they take full payment for your dependants SET(M).
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates