ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 am

Hi All,
I received this email this morning in response to the email I sent Rob Whiteman yesterday.

Dear Mr..............

Your email to Rob Whiteman has been passed to me for response.

Your application for an EEA Residence Card was received on 4 February 2013 and was refused on 6 April 2013. Notification of the reasons for this decision and your right of appeal were sent to you at ...... London .....

Karen
Karen Milne

Home Office
1st Floor Seacole Building 2 Marsham Street SW1P 4DF

Anyway,I'm yet to get hold of the notification yet. Will update you on the reason(s) for refusal. Thanks y'all for the support. Aluta continua....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Babz wrote: Your application for an EEA Residence Card was received on 4 February 2013 and was refused on 6 April 2013. Notification of the reasons for this decision and your right of appeal were sent to you at ...... London .....
Babz, while you await the written outcome of your application, do you have an inkling as to why your application has been refused at this stage?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Babz wrote: Your application for an EEA Residence Card was received on 4 February 2013 and was refused on 6 April 2013. Notification of the reasons for this decision and your right of appeal were sent to you at ...... London .....
Babz, while you await the written outcome of your application, do you have an inkling as to why your application has been refused at this stage?
Not one clue yet. Still waiting for the notification.Will update you once I get it

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Babz wrote: Not one clue yet. Still waiting for the notification.Will update you once I get it
On what basis did you apply and what docs did you submit?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Babz wrote: Not one clue yet. Still waiting for the notification.Will update you once I get it
On what basis did you apply and what docs did you submit?
Based on wife exercising treaty right as self-employed.
Submitted:
Invoices
Bank statement
accountant's letter
HMRC letter stating she's registered for class NIC and will receive bills every 6 months
business cards/flyers
2 x testimonials from clients

fethi
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by fethi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 pm

has any body from octobre applications got any news recently

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Just called home Office and the women on the phone was very nice to me but she said they have not reached a decision yet. so need to wait. :(
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:44 pm

EEA2APPLICANT wrote:Just called home Office and the women on the phone was very nice to me but she said they have not reached a decision yet. so need to wait. :(
Don't just wait. Complain. They need to reach a decision within 6 months.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Jambo wrote:
EEA2APPLICANT wrote:Just called home Office and the women on the phone was very nice to me but she said they have not reached a decision yet. so need to wait. :(
Thanks jambo i have spoken to my mp already and my solicitor have sent a letter mentioning the 6 months rule. Now thinking of getting my partners uk embassy involved as well. what are the best ways of complain? Can i take them to court for violating 6 month rule?
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:48 pm

EEA2APPLICANT wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Thanks jambo i have spoken to my mp already and my solicitor have sent a letter mentioning the 6 months rule. Now thinking of getting my partners uk embassy involved as well. what are the best ways of complain? Can i take them to court for violating 6 month rule?
If you suffered damages because a decision wasn't made in time, you can try taking them to court. No idea if this would work.

Getting the MP involved is normally the best course of action as they have direct access to the HO (dedicated helpline).

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:51 pm

thanks Jambo. hope MP will sort something out.

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 pm

really depressed,,,,, :( :( :( :( coz of this UKBA behaviour

crii
Newly Registered

Rc recieved

Post by crii » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 am

Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
let them do their work I'm sure they not sitting there killing flies they are obviously working on everyone's case my case is a example so good luck to you all.
Thank you

anisatam
Newly Registered

Re: Rc recieved

Post by anisatam » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

crii wrote:Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
let them do their work I'm sure they not sitting there killing flies they are obviously working on everyone's case my case is a example so good luck to you all.
Thank you
Clearly you are lucky & congratulations on recieving a rc in 1 month,
But some people here are waiting for more than 6 months & some havent even been issued certificate of application, like me after almost 5 months. You might not understand how it is waiting for a RC or a COA because your applcation went smoothly, so please dont advice people to not do anything, because its thier right to know whats happening with their application & its uKba's or home offices job to let us know.
Thanks

sharingbuzz

Post by sharingbuzz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 am

My friend applied for eea2 on 2nd february
He never received COA but received his RC yesterday 12 april 2013

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:44 am

crii wrote:Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
Thank you
I just wonder what would you do if your application was processed for 7 months and you haven`t even received COA. Would you think same? I am happy that you received your RC within 1 month but I am sure that you would call to them over and over again to know about your appllication.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am

Thank you
Are you sure about the dates?
crii wrote:Eea2. Sent on 20feb 2013 received 21feb 2013 by DSH
Can someone telle what is DSH?
Thanks

nanny

Post by nanny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:04 pm

[quote="crii"]Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
Thank you[/quote]

Crii you are very lucky just count your blessings some people wait patiently for 8 months no COA and no RC but any way good luck.
Nanny here

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 pm

[quote="crii"]Applied on 12 march2013 residence card received 12 April 2013 unbelievable service thanks to home office and the case worker who indont even know lol guys do not call them up and ask over and over again the same thing if you have recieved your letter from them then they will return your docs too with a visa stamped on it,
Thank you[/quote]

You are very lucky to have had your application processed in a month. I believe you might possibly be even a record holder now. Worth contacting Guiness Book of World Records in regards to the inner workings of the UKBA.

As others have mentioned, this does not mean you can advise people not to do anything. I submitted my application back in July and when I asked for my passport back in August, my whole application was withdrawn even though I did not do so. I re-submitted again in September and still have no COA nor an RC. I've encountered too many rude UKBA employees who have threatened me, my MP is working, and both embassies of my own and my husband's. I suffered great financial loss as I lost my job because of no COA and may even not be able to attend my own big wedding ceremony in August because of this.

There are others who I am sure in far worse situation than mine, but along with them I continue to find new ways and chase up my application for my RC. I have been living in the UK since 2006 legally and this encounter has disheartened me. I feel for all the others who are going through the stress of this as it is not pleasant. I've even been in and out of the hospital for the incredible amount of stress this ordeal has caused on top of not being able to work.

So congratulations again and I am elated you are one of the lucky ones, but no need to tell people not to call. Put yourself in the situation of others who are not fortunate as you. As I told some UKBA employees who said that waiting an indefinite time is no cause for stress, I asked them how would they feel if they have no passport and lost their job.
Last edited by MissIshMish on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:33 pm

[quote="Jambo"][quote="EEA2APPLICANT"][quote="Jambo"][quote="EEA2APPLICANT"]Just called home Office and the women on the phone was very nice to me but she said they have not reached a decision yet. so need to wait. :([/quote]
Don't just wait. Complain. They need to reach a decision within 6 months.[/quote]

Thanks jambo i have spoken to my mp already and my solicitor have sent a letter mentioning the 6 months rule. Now thinking of getting my partners uk embassy involved as well. what are the best ways of complain? Can i take them to court for violating 6 month rule?[/quote]
If you suffered damages because a decision wasn't made in time, you can try taking them to court. No idea if this would work.

Getting the MP involved is normally the best course of action as they have direct access to the HO (dedicated helpline).[/quote]

I've actually contacted my embassy, USA, and my husband contacted his, Lithuania. They cannot force the UKBA to do anything as they are on UK soil but the US Embassy have called asking why my application is still pending. In fact, when they called it ends up that they did not even start processing my application (and this was past the 6 months). My MP wrote the letter but said it's up to UKBA to respond or not. Solicitors have said I just have to wait as well. I have been calling UKBA every other day and just recently e-mailed Rob Whiteman a letter of frustration because this whole process has cost me up to this date £20,000+ (half of my year's salary) as I lost my job and this was what I was paid. On top I've been in and out of the hospital for stress. No answer yet but I plan on writing every other day until I receive answers as now it's seven months, and this is not the first time I've been granted rights to live in the UK.

Worth to also write to Solvit. They got back to my husband immediately through Lithuania branch and have advised that they will let us know the next step on Monday. The UKBA is legally obligated to give you an answer within 6 months time. Keep e-mailing and calling the UKBA to push as some people who have done so got some results. Don't give up and it's worth contacting the embassy. I've contacted mine in case when I get my passport back with the RC still pending I will be able to freely travel within the EU with my husband. They know my story and problem so I know that I can call the emergency helpline if I'm kept at the UK Border. Worth to make the same approach if you are in a similar situation with no COA.

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 am

MissIshMish wrote: Worth to also write to Solvit. They got back to my husband immediately through Lithuania branch and have advised that they will let us know the next step on Monday.
If I`m Polish it means I should contact Polish branch?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 pm

MissIshMish, are you still waiting for your RC after 7 months?

Any word from your MP or feedback from the UKBA when your embassy made enquiries on your behalf?

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm

[quote="milka"][quote="MissIshMish"]
Worth to also write to Solvit. They got back to my husband immediately through Lithuania branch and have advised that they will let us know the next step on Monday. [/quote]

If I`m Polish it means I should contact Polish branch?[/quote]

Milka, my husband, the EEA national and Lithuanian, filled out the online complaint form using http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/index_en.htm. Two days later the Lithuanian Solvit asked for copy of our passports and marriage certificate. Now on Monday they will send us more information as they have written to the UK Solvit division as they are the ones who have to take action. This is what I gathered from the e-mails they sent my husband. You list the country and I believe they forward it on.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:53 pm

[quote="Plum70"]MissIshMish, are you still waiting for your RC after 7 months?

Any word from your MP or feedback from the UKBA when your embassy made enquiries on your behalf?[/quote]

Plum70, US Embassy called inquiring why my application hasn't been processed. They are virtually powerless so can only call like we do as well. I am still waiting and haven't even received my COA. MP sent a letter on 22 March. First they said give 10 working days. I called earlier this week and now they say UKBA is backed up so realistically if they answer it will not be until end of April. UKBA feedback is still the same although last time I called they were actually decent and said I can request my passport back, but given the last time I did and my application was automatically withdrawn, I'm waiting for what the Lithuanian Solvit team informs my husband on Monday about our passports. I'm hoping maybe they put in our request so there can be no problems...I hope. My current method is just waiting and calling. Sent an e-mail of frustration and disappointment to Rob Whiteman, UKBA Complaints and my MP. Ridiculous I already sent complaints to UKBA over a month ago both e-mail and post against the staff members who threatened me and still no action so hence writing to Rob Whiteman.

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Wat happens if ones EEA national partner is extradited while EEA2 application is still pending