ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new green card system.. confused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jino
Newly Registered

new green card system.. confused

Post by jino » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Dear All, How long will take to process the new green card ? Any idea? I have been waiting for the past two weeks.. and also whether will it be send to the employer or to the :roll: employee... can anybody pls help?

lavinia
Newly Registered

Post by lavinia » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:04 pm

as far as i know (i spoke few days ago with the department GC help line)
it is procesed for 6 to 9 weeks,
and the answer will be send both to employee and employer.

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 am

hi everybody,
any new updates? My agent in ireland informed me last week that the depratment is still processing jan applications... :cry: ...

thanks in advance

bye
lavinia wrote:as far as i know (i spoke few days ago with the department GC help line)
it is procesed for 6 to 9 weeks,
and the answer will be send both to employee and employer.

krish0824
Newly Registered

Green card

Post by krish0824 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi,
My employer too applied for the greencard 10 days back.
Jino .. Is there any way we can track it online by using the Filing number.

If you get any feedback please keep me posted. Thanks in advance

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:52 am

hi

my friend in Ireland informed me that they are processing applications dated 16th January at present

Jino

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:48 am

visit http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/ says that Current Processing Time: Today we are processing applications received on the 16th January 2007 and it seems they update it weekly.

[ EDITED by Admin to fix link ]

Patrick1980
Newly Registered

Post by Patrick1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Yes indeed Jino. They seem to be updating it every 5 to 7 days.

We must remember that the date they speak of is the time they received the application, not the time it was sent, so ou need to add that to the total.

Then you have to add on time of the actual processing the permit, and the subsequent posting out to you in the event of it being granted.

I estimate that the first 'green cards' will be processed next week, and I hope that this does not slow them down even further.

As with the Visa section in Burgh house, the reason it takes so long is not down to the individuals who do the processing. They have huge workloads. They are mostly under-staffed.

Having said that; This total wait of approx. 10 weeks is totally unacceptable. For small companies in Ireland, it puts unnecessary burden on them.

Paddy

Patrick1980
Newly Registered

Post by Patrick1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:28 pm

If your application for a green card permit is successful, you then have to apply for an 'employment' visa at your Embassy/Consulate before you travel.

I have a few questions ......

• 1: Will this visa allow you to travel to and from Ireland during the two years, or do you have to get a re-entry Visa before you leave Ireland for holiday abroad?

2: When you get your Green Card Permit and if your country (ie Pakistan) has no Embassy, does the Consulate process the Visa or do they send the application back to Dublin (6 more weeks) as with 'C' Visa?

Thankyou in advance
Paddy

jdsutton
Newly Registered

Post by jdsutton » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi Guys
one of my friend sent me txt this morning that he got his green card in today's post. :D
He applied on 1st of Feb.

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:30 pm

jdsutton wrote:Hi Guys
one of my friend sent me txt this morning that he got his green card in today's post. :D
He applied on 1st of Feb.
Please help give more light on how to get an employer to sponsor a Green Card application.
Thanks

Patrick1980
Newly Registered

Post by Patrick1980 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Oh sombody else (not here) answered it for me.

1: Yes you will have to get a re-entry one in Ireland also (€100) + Garda card (another €100)

2: The Consulate will send the Visa application back to Dublin for processing (4 to 6 weeks) (cost: depending on consulate)

So realistically it will take between 3 and 4 months + €1,300 before you can even book your flight to come to Ireland to work on the new green card system. :(

brownbonno
Netherlands

Post by brownbonno » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Patrick1980 wrote:Oh sombody else (not here) answered it for me.

1: Yes you will have to get a re-entry one in Ireland also (€100) + Garda card (another €100)

2: The Consulate will send the Visa application back to Dublin for processing (4 to 6 weeks) (cost: depending on consulate)

So realistically it will take between 3 and 4 months + €1,300 before you can even book your flight to come to Ireland to work on the new green card system. :(
Thanks for your response.But is not directed to the question.
A friend of mine is qualified under the <30,000 Euros category.He wants to know how he can get a job/employer before making the green card application in the Irish consulate oversea.

Patrick1980
Newly Registered

Post by Patrick1980 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Oh sorry brownbonno

I didnt see your post as I wrote mine earlier and forgot to press the send button. LOL

You need a firm job offer from a company in Ireland. The application can be made by either you or them, but both must sign the form. The application has to be sent to Dublin. Your Embassy/consulate only gets involved with the travel Visa after you get the permit. All the permit details are here http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/ including a link to green card section.

Paddy

JD sutton, congrats to your friend

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 am

Hi Patrick1980,

it seems they have removed the current processing date updation fro their web site to make every body confuse more??!!!

Patrick1980
Newly Registered

Post by Patrick1980 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:59 pm

Yes Jino,

They have removed it, but the processing time has been reduced significantly from the original estimate of 8 weeks.
The application was posted (within Ireland) on 14th Feb and was processed (and granted) on 21st March. That is less than 5 weeks.

jsj2601
Newly Registered

Post by jsj2601 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:04 am

Dears,

I too waiting for the Green Card. i already submitted and i got info that the fees already debited from my bank account. whats the next step from them for us. do we can track the status of the application or any??Any reference number or any we can get from them??

if any new infromations, pls pass or email me at jaibysusanjohn@yahoo.com