ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z18runway

Re: lets all watch this tonight 8pm channel 4

Post by z18runway » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

nanmoom wrote:
z18runway wrote:
nanmoom wrote:Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?

The programme is said to be showing tonight.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... icles/home.

20:00 Immigration Undercover:.. ...Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates whether Britain's immigration system is fit for purpose, with reports that tens of thousands of files sit uncleared in the system.
thanks

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi all
Like Idiot spammer, I have written a letter of complaint to Bob Whiteman, Teresa May and the Immigration Minister in response to my application being left in the storage facility for the past 7 months.

The only reply I got was from the assistant PA who is clearly just fielding out all the emails, and got this unhelpful reply:

Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman; I am replying on his behalf. I have looked through your details on our case information database and can see that you have already made a request to our caseworkers for your application to be expedited; this request is being considered and you will hear from our caseworking team directly.

My comments:
1. My request is being 'considered'?? How much longer is that going to take? There is no specific time line
2. They didnt answer anything else I complained about in the email such as why was my application left in storage this whole time

This useless assistant PA CC-ed this back to everyone else ie Teresa May et al. Should I reply back or just wait and hope my stuff comes back by the end of the week???

dupuytren wrote:Hi all

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)

rgurung
Newly Registered

Post by rgurung » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi all,
can someone on the know elaborate on the 2/5 years qualification period for an ILR dependent, where:
1. The dependent of the current ILR resident came to the UK in Dec 2009 as the dependent ofa Tier 4 Student.
2. She got her visa extended as a PSW dependent for another 2 years.
3. She now has her visa extended on FLR (M) application, with her sponsor granted ILR.

Can she apply for ILR now or in 2 years or in 5 years time? Accurate answer is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Like Idiot spammer, I have written a letter of complaint to Bob Whiteman, Teresa May and the Immigration Minister in response to my application being left in the storage facility for the past 7 months.

The only reply I got was from the assistant PA who is clearly just fielding out all the emails, and got this unhelpful reply:

Thank you for your email to Rob Whiteman; I am replying on his behalf. I have looked through your details on our case information database and can see that you have already made a request to our caseworkers for your application to be expedited; this request is being considered and you will hear from our caseworking team directly.

My comments:
1. My request is being 'considered'?? How much longer is that going to take? There is no specific time line
2. They didnt answer anything else I complained about in the email such as why was my application left in storage this whole time

This useless assistant PA CC-ed this back to everyone else ie Teresa May et al. Should I reply back or just wait and hope my stuff comes back by the end of the week???

I wrote my 5th letter of complaint to UKBA and posted it to the Liverpool address on Fri 5 Apr using signed for delivery (I got 2 different addresses for Liverpool as posted by let_koko recently - thank you). Before this I have sent it to the London complaints address, emailed them 3x, faxed them 3x (Liverpool number) and contacted my MP 2x.

Today I received a phone call at 4.30pm from UKBA saying that they have received my letter dated 5 Apr, saying that my application is in a storage facility in Liverpool and still not assigned to a caseworker,but she was very apologetic and assured me that she will contact the casworker manager tomorrow to ensure it is assigned to someone asap. She says this will take a futher 6 months (!!!!!!).

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
2. Send a letter to them using their Liverpool address once you have surpassed 6 months - seems to work for me! (I applied 7 mths ago)
Dear Dupuytren,

I understand your frustration but UKBA has a set internal guidance to expedite any application pending at their office for a considerable amount of time, as things are not much improving on their side to atleast follow their own published time of 6 months to process an application.

As you have received a reply from RW's PA, 'being considered' means whether your application falls in a category to expedite or not.

Applications are only expedited if they fall in the check list of UKBA's set internal guidance. The more you write to them, the more you annoy the case worker. If somehow your application doesn't fall in expedite category it may fall behind in the qeue (unfortunately).

When its time for your application to be dealt with, you'll have the decision in no time, but until that time you have to have patience, sit tight and keep hope.

Best of luck.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:

My comments:

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
Dear Dupuytren,

I understand your frustration but UKBA has a set internal guidance to expedite any application pending at their office for a considerable amount of time, as things are not much improving on their side to atleast follow their own published time of 6 months to process an application.

As you have received a reply from RW's PA, 'being considered' means whether your application falls in a category to expedite or not.

Applications are only expedited if they fall in the check list of UKBA's set internal guidance. The more you write to them, the more you annoy the case worker. If somehow your application doesn't fall in expedite category it may fall behind in the qeue (unfortunately).

When its time for your application to be dealt with, you'll have the decision in no time, but until that time you have to have patience, sit tight and keep hope.

Best of luck.
I'd add to this a few things.

The UKBA or the home office, whatever they want to call themselves, is an organisation to implement policies. They don't make policies. Politicians make policies and work with lawyers to draw up immigration guidelines.

The home office just follows those guidelines. Their work is purely about processing and improving efficiency (as the most difficult part of the job - policy setting - is done by much smarter people). The delay is solely attributable to the home office and writing to the politicians won't help.

It seems to me that civil servants themselves often have a misguided idea about what they do and what their job is about. They don't have to be willing to give something back to society. That's the job of politicians. Hopefully, we can get a rough idea about how they actually work in the tonight's dispatches.

Their performance (measured by the speed at which all applications are dealt with) at the moment is bad and has been this way for some time.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:26 pm

rgurung wrote:Hi all,
can someone on the know elaborate on the 2/5 years qualification period for an ILR dependent, where:
1. The dependent of the current ILR resident came to the UK in Dec 2009 as the dependent ofa Tier 4 Student.
3. She now has her visa extended on FLR (M) application, with her sponsor granted ILR.

Can she apply for ILR now or in 2 years or in 5 years time? Accurate answer is very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
@rgurung,

She can apply ILR straight away as she has completed the residency requirement under old rule i.e: 2 years.
Paragraph 319AA of the Immigration Rules confirms what a “Relevant points based system migrant” is i.e. a migrant granted leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. Therefore, leave as the partner of a person granted leave in one of these categories is appropriate for the indefinite leave requirements in paragraph 287(a).
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:

My comments:

Moral of the story:
1. My MP is useless
Dear Dupuytren,

Best of luck.
I'd add to this a few things.

The UKBA or the home office, whatever they want to call themselves, is an organisation to implement policies. They don't make policies. Politicians make policies and work with lawyers to draw up immigration guidelines.

The home office just follows those guidelines. Their work is purely about processing and improving efficiency (as the most difficult part of the job - policy setting - is done by much smarter people). The delay is solely attributable to the home office and writing to the politicians won't help.

Their performance (measured by the speed at which all applications are dealt with) at the moment is bad and has been this way for some time.
Agreed EssentialSalt.

essentialSalt

Re: lets all watch this tonight 8pm channel 4

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:36 pm

nanmoom wrote:
z18runway wrote:
nanmoom wrote:Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?

20:00 Immigration Undercover:.. ...Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates whether Britain's immigration system is fit for purpose, with reports that tens of thousands of files sit uncleared in the system.
This programme got moved around a few times. It's good that the network decided to show this in the prime-time. The issue of immigration has been one of the main topics in politics. Politicians can make brilliant policies, but if the home office that implements these policies is not fit for purpose, those policies have no impact on the immigration. I look forward to seeing this show.

essentialSalt

Re: ILR LONG RESIDENCE

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:Hi everyone
I am a silent follower of this great forum, would like to add my details and anyone please add me to sky drive

Application Date : 05-07-2012
Acknowledgement : 17-07-2012
Biometrics Submitted: 28-09-2012
ILR APPROVAL : Still Waiting
BRP Received : Still Waiting

Thanks
What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....
How's the life as you wait for the decision? You can't change/start a job, can you?

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks spidery thread and essentialsalt for your help;
I will leave my application alone for now, as I think I have done enough and really fed up with this. It has been more than 7 months and may apparently take up to another 6 months according to the phone call I received last week.
However, I must still say I am really furious that my documents have been left to grow mould in cold storage for 7 months in liverpool, while those who applied later ie in Jan etc got their application back already. Not worth the £991. Had I known it would take this long, I would have waited for a few years before I qualify for the 5-year category and applied with PEO.
Just sayin'.

milagro
Newly Registered

Post by milagro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 pm

@dupuytren:
I think that the PA has done well. She mentioned that your case has already been expedited which means its highly unlikely that it will take a further six months to complete. I believe within a few weeks or less your case would have been dealt with.

To date, neither my MP or myself got replies to the letters we sent except when I used the emails I shared with you recently.

So keep fingers crossed. I am also praying for you!

nanmoom

ILR document for 10 years long residency dependants

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 pm

[quote="Spidery_thread"][quote="rgurung"]Hi all,

Many thanks.
@rgurung,

She can apply ILR straight away as she has completed the residency requirement under old rule i.e: 2 years.

Hi Spidery_thread,
Could you confirm the appropriate form please?

Warmest Regards!

Waiting&expecting
Newly Registered

Letter to expedite 10 year SET O

Post by Waiting&expecting » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi all

Please can someone send me a template for a letter to expedite an application

I need to travel for work and i can no longer wait for the UKBA to get their act together

September 2012 SET O applicant

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

Re: ILR LONG RESIDENCE

Post by BRITISH1020 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm

essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
BRITISH1020 wrote:Hi everyone
I am a silent follower of this great forum, would like to add my details and anyone please add me to sky drive

Application Date : 05-07-2012
Acknowledgement : 17-07-2012
Biometrics Submitted: 28-09-2012
ILR APPROVAL : Still Waiting
BRP Received : Still Waiting

Thanks
What is wrong with your application? It will be nearly 10 months. Complicated application that needs to be looked at by more than one case worker?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no gaps & all extensions on time & no convictions .... just one point as i have crossed the limit of 540 days as cos of just one trip as stayed away for 5 months for my wife's medical emergency abroad as happened there ....so submitted everything all medical reports .... hope they agree that one trip was unavoidable and ignore that, then m well under the limit....so fingers crossed....will update as soon as i get....
How's the life as you wait for the decision? You can't change/start a job, can you?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Its hell as waiting time's killing every moment....hope the end will be soon....

andie_83

Response from Rob Whiteman's PA

Post by andie_83 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wrote a complaint letter to Rob Whiteman and to all the other people Idiot spammer did. My circumstances are different than his/hers so it wasn't the same.

The response is as follows:

"Thank you for your e-mail to Rob Whiteman. I am told by casework colleagues that a decision on your application was made at the end of last week and you should receive this shortly".

Ok, I am not really sure if this is just a coincidence or the e-mail actually worked. I was really angry when I wrote the e-mail and said a lot of things about their immigration system which are true (always polite though). I also wrote about myself, my progress as an individual since I set foot in this country and my possible future contributions.

I will keep you all updated when I receive my documents.

nanmoom

Re: .Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm

[quote="essentialSalt"][quote="nanmoom"][quote="z18runway"][quote="nanmoom"]Watch out ! the programme broadcast on Channel 4 at 8:00pm on Monday of 15th April 2013. It's all about UKBA and how are they dealing with applications?

20:00 Immigration Undercover:.. ...Channel 4 Dispatches: Morland Sanders investigates whether Britain's immigration system is fit for purpose, with reports that tens of thousands of files sit uncleared in the system.[/quote]

This programme got moved around a few times. It's good that the network decided to show this in the prime-time. The issue of immigration has been one of the main topics in politics. Politicians can make brilliant policies, but if the home office that implements these policies is not fit for purpose, those policies have no impact on the immigration. I look forward to seeing this show.

Hope we are still watching ridiculous 6.75 pounds wage for those who decide our immigration FUTURE in the UK. not qualified and probably with no degrees... someone at the top needs to be sacked.

milagro
Newly Registered

Post by milagro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:22 pm

@andie_83

Am sure the email addresses I shared recently give some hope since the majority of us were not receiving any replies from the usual complaint UKBA channels.

This week is yours and I really hope it will be good news!

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Hwima » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:30 pm

jaberdene wrote:
Does the word gap means out of visa? If so, then its 10 days.
Hi Dam
I think it is 28 days now rather than 10 days. See the post please http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Hi

Usually we are rushing to get applications in before rules change so we can benefit from the application being assessed under the old rules. Now if this 28 days is correct will applications submitted before the changes still be assessed with the 10 days as a maximum limit. I feel for those who went slightly over before these changes.

AMH

Post by AMH » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Can you pls share email address and template
Idiot spammer wrote:@andie_83

Am sure the email addresses I shared recently give some hope since the majority of us were not receiving any replies from the usual complaint UKBA channels.

This week is yours and I really hope it will be good news!
7A8M6H

settlementnow
Newly Registered

Post by settlementnow » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Wowwwww..... What a shambles....

I never thought that UKBA worked like that. Now understood why ppl got decision earlier and quick after January.

I am totally speechless....
nanmoom wrote:
essentialSalt wrote:
nanmoom wrote:
z18runway wrote:

Hope we are still watching ridiculous 6.75 pounds wage for those who decide our immigration FUTURE in the UK. not qualified and probably with no degrees... someone at the top needs to be sacked.

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm

So !!! this is how our files and documents get handled in the UKBA... by people who are not even professionals.

Our case workers earn 6.75 and yet we are expected to have huge amounts in our bank account where statements are concerned.

Paying 991 and more, the culture of practice needs to change......something seriously needs to be done at the Top.

They might want to employ more workers to deal with the cases..... and work on weekends like the banks do to clear the back log....
The home office might want to introduce a system where they obtain copies of documents and return them like other countries do. Individuals can go for their stamp when a decision is made.

It is definately not fit for purpose...

:evil:

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 pm

[quote="settlementnow"]Wowwwww..... What a shambles....

I never thought that UKBA worked like that. Now understood why ppl got decision earlier and quick after January.

I am totally speechless....

[color=red][/color] This is how we are treated ..... 50.000 files and important documents missing at the HO. I was shocked when 8 or 80 crates of files went missing and they thought it was funny...... they employ any body.

t though people who decided on cases had special backgrounds mere customer service. What is happening where does this leave us all and who will speak for us , who will be our voice .

Did you see the lie which was told when the chief executive or who ever he was was asked a question about how many files had been cleared.

I am sooo dissapointed and a paper less service would do . These are some of the changes that needs to take place.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

nanmoom wrote:So !!! this is how our files and documents get handled in the UKBA... by people who are not even professionals.

Our case workers earn 6.75 and yet we are expected to have huge amounts in our bank account where statements are concerned.

Paying 991 and more, the culture of practice needs to change......something seriously needs to be done at the Top.

They might want to employ more workers to deal with the cases..... and work on weekends like the banks do to clear the back log....
The home office might want to introduce a system where they obtain copies of documents and return them like other countries do. Individuals can go for their stamp when a decision is made.

It is definately not fit for purpose...

:evil:
I was fascinated by a comment made by one lady in the tape in response to the undercover reporter finding a case that dated back to 1998, "it's not our department, is it?"

nanmoom

Post by nanmoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

what are we paying for .... they need to refund the money for those 50.000 backlogs.
The fees need to be reduced. i am so angry

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

I have now submitted my claim to the Parliamentary Ombudsman! Don't know how long they will take. I followed the correct route of complaining to the UKBA first and after 20 days my MP sent them a letter. No response was made to him either! I was left for no choice. I am going to use the emails as well. This is getting out of hand.

If no response is made by the Ombudsman then I would have to resort to protest peacefully outside Liverpool office.