ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am

guys you know what today

I RECEIVED MY RCCCCC RIGHT NOW 1 MIN AGO OVER THE MOON HAPPY

telling you guys even before my wife :P
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

enic
Newly Registered

Post by enic » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 am

ahmad_785 wrote:guys you know what today

Congratulations ahmad_785! Happy for you! Hope this UKBA nightmare ends for all of those who are still waiting! :D

@sharingbuzz: these surprise visits are never announced, but by EU regulations you are not actually required to be living together under the same roof, if I'm not mistaken.

btkakisim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by btkakisim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

[quote="ahmad_785"]guys you know what today

telling you guys even before my wife :P[/quote]

congrats!!!!!

guys do you know, rob whiteman's e-mail? does it help to send him an e-mail? does anyone ever get a reply?

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:43 am

anisatam wrote:How many here have applied for an EEA2 RC as an UNMARRIED COUPLE.
and how many of you have recieved the RC (in what time frame) and how many of you didnt?
Would be really great to know, thanks
Ani
I have applied as an unmarried partner.
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

bubu12

eea application timeline only 1- topic uptodate

Post by bubu12 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am

hi to u all...i went to see my local mp today i speak to him about my application time and i also told him i need my passport for my new job because i got this job with a fotocope of my passport in 4moths ago by then i have already send of my application then he only say to me he we ask ukba to return my passport to me.... so do u guys think this we help

eea2 App sent:06/011/12
Received:07/11/13
COA received:21/11/12(dated 17/11/12;with right to work)
RC:?????
Last edited by bubu12 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

bubu12

eea application timeline only 1- topic uptodate

Post by bubu12 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:54 am

ahmad_785 wrote:guys you know what today

good news happy for u have some glas of wine.. i hope i we get my soon

eea2 App sent:06/011/12
Received:07/11/13
COA received:21/11/12(dated 17/11/12;with right to work)
RC:?????

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Congratulations ahmad_785!

Good news, I finallly got my COA thanks to Solvit Lithuania being so persistent with the UK Solvit office. It's dated 12 April 2013. Ridiculous how long it took and having UKBA staff lie through their teeth about when the supposed original COA was sent, one said October and now UK Solvit said UKBA said September. Counting the blessing but difficult when UKBA ruins the livelihood of so many people. I called and can't get back my old job that I lost in December 2012 because of no COA.

Plus side though it is really worth to contact Solvit as I'm shocked that they worked so quick on us and we just contacted them less than a week ago.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Umm lol. But how does someone have two case numbers? My COA lists one and yet UKBA on the phone gave me another.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:40 pm

For those that are still waiting for their visas, this might interest you.

Follow the Youtube link to watch video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0KMZ6mnFE

Morland Sanders writes about the making of Immigration Undercover

Ever wondered what a government agency looks like with just hours to go before the biggest deadline in its history?

Easter Saturday morning and the door swings open to reveal the United Kingdom Border Agency offices in Sheffield. We see nothing but empty desks, vacant chairs and a handful of staff. One of the few who did volunteer to come in was Pete, our undercover reporter.

There should be plenty for him to do: tens of thousands of immigration case need to be processed. This was a promise that senior civil servants made to Parliament 12 months earlier – that they would clear the entire backlog of outstanding immigration cases. Some of them date back years. The Agency has long been accused not just of shoddy work, but of obscuring the scale of its problems. So with a deadline of March 31st to clear a huge backlog of immigration cases, we sent in undercover reporters with secret cameras to see how the Agency planned to deliver on its promise.

Pete was one of around 800 temps paid near minimum wage and given five days' training to help bust the backlogs. The Agency has spent its five-year existence stumbling from one crisis to another, losing track of hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, building backlogs and delaying crucial decisions, allowing those who should be removed from the country to strengthen their case to remain and extending the misery of those with a genuine reason to continue their life in the UK.

Some of the briefings that staff in the Sheffield office attend seem to be about not meeting this deadline. A manager briefs workers that 'we're going to shift the goal posts a little bit', and that 'the commitment made to ministers won't be met'. The plan appears to be two-fold: firstly, take 17,000 of the 60,000 cases in the family backlog and redefine them as 'frictional', meaning they're in the process of being worked on but crucially not stuck in the backlog.

Secondly, the family cases backlog will be segmented into four different categories. Three of them will contain cases that are reasonably simple to process. But the fourth – Category D – will be an enormous pile of 50,000 complex human rights cases that won't be cleared before the deadline. However, this could allow the UKBA to claim they have cleared three of the four categories by 31st March .

On 26th March 2013, just four days before the deadline, the Home Secretary announced that the UKBA would be scrapped, and its responsibilities folded back into the Home Office.

In response to our findings about the segmentation of the Family backlog, the Home Office told us: 'Dividing up work in this way and prioritising cases is a sensible way of tackling the large caseload so that, for example, a person with a straightforward application to stay in the country with their husband or wife would be dealt with more quickly than a complex Human Rights application from a person who had been refused under several other routes. We expect these human rights cases to be within service standards by the summer and the rest of the family cases within the next few weeks'.

They also said: 'It will take many years to clear the backlogs and fix the system, but the changes weve put in place will put us in a much stronger position to do so.'

Our reporters have been inside the Border Agency's dying days for nearly a month. The Agency may be no more, but change to the way we deal with immigration is undoubtedly needed, and it'll take more than a shiny new logo to solve the same old problems.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you, Channel 4. This makes perfect sense as to why UK Solvit were pleading that my husband and I be patient on behalf of the wrong UKBA did, and promising that we'll have a decision by end of this month.

Nothing worse than uncovering such poor practices to a nationwide audience. I hope all of us waiting with our straightfoward applications will all have smile in the near future with RCs safely stamped on our passports.

mian

recheduled interview date

Post by mian » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 pm

hello friends

today UKBA call to my solicitor and they told him they postpone our interview which is held on 18th April,
and ASAP they rescheduled it,
im really disappointed, coz I already take week off from my job, I already book the room in Liverpool, already book travelling ticket,
:((
any idea why they postpone it ? 1st time I request them to change the date coz my legal representative is not available on that date and 2nd time they postpone it
more than 5 months gone

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:07 pm

MissIshMish, thank you for sharing your experience. Today I wrote an e-mail to Solvit.
About the programme, I saw it yesterday and after it I couldn`t sleep because I panicked that for sure they`ve lost the application and our passports.

Just now received an e-mail

Dear ....,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 8th April 2013 which I have been asked to respond to.

Firstly, let me apologise over the delay. As is the case with every application that is submitted, your application is subject to a number of checks that must be made before the case can be decided, including some with authorities outside of the UK Border Agency, and these can take some time to complete.
It would appear that these checks are now completed and I have passed your query to the team leader of the caseworker who is dealing with your application and you will receive your decision within 28 days.

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

I know that someone before received this kind of e-mail. My question is if someone received RC after the e-mail?
And another question, should I now just wait for RC or still try to contact with MP or Solvit?
Last edited by milka on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Jambo wrote:
tialad2003 wrote:Wat happens if ones EEA national partner is extradited while EEA2 application is still pending
What do you mean by extradited? Did he commit a crime in a different country?[/quo

@jambo...yes in hungary and now he has been sent back to serve 13months but my application is pending and I fear it will affect my application.

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Just a update guys i email Rob Whiteman on 11th, today i got this reply.

Thank you for your e-mail dated 11th April 2013.

I am happy to confirm that a decision has been made on your application and on the applications of your family members.
Your case has been sent for the production of the relevant documentation and you should expect to receive your decisions within 10 working days of this e-mail,

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

So fingers Crossed.

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:54 pm

dcruz wrote:Just a update guys i email Rob Whiteman on 11th, today i got this reply.

I am happy to confirm that a decision has been made on your application and on the applications of your family members.
Your case has been sent for the production of the relevant documentation and you should expect to receive your decisions within 10 working days of this e-mail,

Kind regards,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

So fingers Crossed.
Fingers crossed of course!!!!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 pm

dcruz wrote:Just a update guys i email Rob Whiteman on 11th, today i got this reply.

I am happy to confirm that a decision has been made on your application and on the applications of your family

So fingers Crossed.

Good news for you,you will receive your RC soon.

anisatam
Newly Registered

Post by anisatam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Dear . . . . . ,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 8th April 2013. According to our records a Certificate of Application was despatched to your representative on 21st November 2012. It appears that this has not been received and so I have arranged for a duplicate to be despatched this evening. This should arrive with your solicitor within the next couple of days,

Many thanks,

Laura Avery
Deputy Chief Caseworker
European Casework

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Its seems that they`ve started doing something. Three of us received today e-mails from Laura Avery

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Guys. I think they just trying to Shut us up:(:(:(! I received an email on the 2/04/2013 from UKBA saying :-

Hello,

Your email has been passed to me to respond as the lead for European Casework. I am sorry that the application has not been dealt with as speedily as it should have been but I can confirm that it is now with a caseworker to make a decision by the end of the week.

We strive to provide a first class service and it is a matter of regret when we fall short of the highest standards, please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Margie Clarke
European Casework Lead
Nationality Group

Home Office
Blue Zone, 5th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

And its now 16/04/2013 i have received nothing.

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Kixmug wrote:Guys. I think they just trying to Shut us up:(:(:(! I received an email on the 2/04/2013 from UKBA saying :-

Hello,

Your email has been passed to me to respond as the lead for European Casework. I am sorry that the application has not been dealt with as speedily as it should have been but I can confirm that it is now with a caseworker to make a decision by the end of the week.

We strive to provide a first class service and it is a matter of regret when we fall short of the highest standards, please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Margie Clarke
European Casework Lead
Nationality Group

Home Office
Blue Zone, 5th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

And its now 16/04/2013 i have received nothing.
Send an e-mail once again, if I were you I would send every few days an e-mail. Sent complaints, contact MP. I don`t believe them, they said that decision will be made within 28 days but I`ve decided to send the letters or e-mails to them or contact with MP

btkakisim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by btkakisim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Guys just watch the despatch and i'm feeling so f. Angry right now. Should i call off my wedding celebrations at june :( everything is already prepared by our families. I will be the first bride who cant able to go her own wedding. I ve turned to a frog because of the stress. I will never be able to rebember my wedding celebrations with good thoughts.

Please someone write the mail addres of mr rob whiteman? I really want to ask him when did he find time to eat so much. Because I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't consantrate anything. I constantly feel abused, discriminated and insulted. He has to reply.

eea2 application time line

app sent 24/09/2012
app received 26/09/2012
coa dated 15/10/2012
coa received 20/10/2012
Rc??

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:46 pm

[quote="btkakisim"]Guys just watch the despatch and i'm feeling so f. Angry right now. Should i call off my wedding celebrations at june :( everything is already prepared by our families. I will be the first bride who cant able to go her own wedding. I ve turned to a frog because of the stress. I will never be able to rebember my wedding celebrations with good thoughts.

Please someone write the mail addres of mr rob whiteman? I really want to ask him when did he find time to eat so much. Because I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't consantrate anything. I constantly feel abused, discriminated and insulted. He has to reply.

app sent 24/09/2012
app received 26/09/2012
coa dated 15/10/2012
coa received 20/10/2012
Rc??[/quote]

Btkakism, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too have prepared my own August wedding celebrations and still have not been to Lithuania to even taste the food nor even select my floral arrangements. Trust me I know the stress and I too sent my EEA2 in September, just 10 days before you. I've been in the hospital for stress.

rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I haven't received any response from his office and I took an emotional approach to it addressing my wedding, etc. Just contact your embassy for advice, have your partner fill out the Solvit form, and continue to write and call every few days to pressure them. I got my COA today finally after a long delay. Solvit is helping me so much.

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Eea2 posted 27/3/13
received 27/3/13
Coa received 16/03/13
rc ????
hoping the waiting game won't last long.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey milka! I am more than happy to share my experience as we are all in the same situation essentially. That program infuriated me and my husband was so pissed when he heard the staff member talking about April 1 applications and beyond are to be priority. LOL actually in his words he said something along the lines of "I'd shit on his doormat and burn it if he would be my neighbor."

Anyone had the experience of getting two different case numbers? My COA, I received it after seven months, has the original case number I received in August from my first submission, but the UKBA over the phone gave me a different number two weeks ago. Asked my Solvit rep, but thought if anyone had the same would be great to know.

btkakisim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by btkakisim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:04 pm

[quote="MissIshMish"][quote="btkakisim"]Guys just watch the despatch and i'm feeling so f. Angry right now. Should i call off my wedding celebrations at june :( everything is already prepared by our families. I will be the first bride who cant able to go her own wedding. I ve turned to a frog because of the stress. I will never be able to rebember my wedding celebrations with good thoughts.

Please someone write the mail addres of mr rob whiteman?

app sent 24/09/2012
app received 26/09/2012
coa dated 15/10/2012
coa received 20/10/2012
Rc??[/quote]

Btkakism, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too have prepared my own August wedding celebrations and still have not been to Lithuania to even taste the food nor even select my floral arrangements. Trust me I know the stress and I too sent my EEA2 in September, just 10 days before you. I've been in the hospital for stress.

rob.whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I haven't received any response from his office and I took an emotional approach to it addressing my wedding, etc. Just contact your embassy for advice, have your partner fill out the Solvit form, and continue to write and call every few days to pressure them. I got my COA today finally after a long delay. Solvit is helping me so much.[/quote]

i'm really so happy for you :) so you know how it feels like being an outsider for your own wedding :( i feel like my mother is going to wear the wedding dress at the end...

I've wrote them a letter, but the only answer that I can get was 'no worries we have you passports, we will send it to you in due course'. which due course??? our consul wrote a letter for our behalf. i've also sent an e-mail to our mp and got a reply. he wrote me that he made a formal enquiry to the Border Agency on our behalf. also after your post today we filled the online solvit form. should we also call uk solvit and get an appointment?

and any phone numbers guys please?? all i can reach is a recorded voice.
Last edited by btkakisim on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.