ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Intermittent negative bank balance - questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

WP2008
Newly Registered

ILR - Intermittent negative bank balance - questions

Post by WP2008 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello

I came to UK on a 5 year work permit. I have not changed jobs and employed with the same employer for the past 5 years. I have been drawing a regular monthly salary that is at par with the amount mentioned in Codes of Practice. My employer has already given me the letter that they would like to continue employing me. So everything is good but for one.

The problem is, my partner and I enjoy a good life and we have no savings. In addition, my account sometimes slip into negative and I use the overdraft facility given by my bank.

I have a PEO appointment later this month (Apr 29th). While I tick all the other boxes, this bank balance thing is worrying me. Can I be rejected only because I don't maintain enough bank balance? I know this is not a requirement for ILR, but want to understand whether anyone has ever been rejected purely because of financial reasons.

I will be grateful for true personal experiences. Has anyone out there been in my situation received their ILR? Were you questioned about low maintenance funds?

I don't mean to be blunt - but please do not provide any hunches or guesses. Also, please do not quote any random amount as "minimum" needed unless it was in some official communication. Lastly, I will welcome suggestions on how to better manage my finances post ILR!

closer25

Re: ILR - Intermittent negative bank balance - questions

Post by closer25 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:34 pm

WP2008 wrote:Hello

I came to UK on a 5 year work permit. I have not changed jobs and employed with the same employer for the past 5 years. I have been drawing a regular monthly salary that is at par with the amount mentioned in Codes of Practice. My employer has already given me the letter that they would like to continue employing me. So everything is good but for one.

The problem is, my partner and I enjoy a good life and we have no savings. In addition, my account sometimes slip into negative and I use the overdraft facility given by my bank.

I have a PEO appointment later this month (Apr 29th). While I tick all the other boxes, this bank balance thing is worrying me. Can I be rejected only because I don't maintain enough bank balance? I know this is not a requirement for ILR, but want to understand whether anyone has ever been rejected purely because of financial reasons.

I will be grateful for true personal experiences. Has anyone out there been in my situation received their ILR? Were you questioned about low maintenance funds?

I don't mean to be blunt - but please do not provide any hunches or guesses. Also, please do not quote any random amount as "minimum" needed unless it was in some official communication. Lastly, I will welcome suggestions on how to better manage my finances post ILR!
I had an overdraft of over 1500 pounds for my tier 1 extension( I know that isn't the same application but I think its the same principle) and that didn't affect me in anyway as I had a different account with my maintenance amt, I don't think that should affect u if maintenance figures aren't required.

peppekalle

Re: ILR - Intermittent negative bank balance - questions

Post by peppekalle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 pm

WP2008 wrote:Hello

If you want to manage your finances better i recommend http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

lapppt

Post by lapppt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 pm

I can assure you 100% that it will not be a problem.

The reason they ask for bank statement is not to see how much money you have in the account.

They ask for bank statement in order to see that the salary stated on the employer letter and on the wage slip corresponds with the one paid by your employer in your account. That's all.

Whether or not the bank statement shows your account is overdrawn is non of their business.

WP2008
Newly Registered

Post by WP2008 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Thanks for all your replies.

Is there someone who has recently received their ILR through 5 year Work Permit? Can you please identify yourself?