ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geegs
Newly Registered

Re: Long stay or Tier 1 application for ILR?

Post by geegs » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for you reply. Do you also know when is one eligible to apply for ILR before finishing 5 years on Tier 1 General visa. Is it also 28 days or can it be more than that?

adkh2_1 wrote:by law u are eligible to apply for ILR 10 on 10 years basis since Feb this year ... 28 days prior to completion of your 10 years in this country...

in short you can apply whenever you like provided you have 991 in ur account lol....

good luck
geegs wrote:Hi all,

It seems that applying for ILR on 10 years stay basis can lend you in long waiting time. Can anyone please confirm when is the earliest one can apply for ILR before expiration date on Tier 1 General visa?

I am on Tier 1 General and ILR is due by Sep 22 this year. I have already finished 10 stays in UK in March. Please advise if I should apply now on 10 years stay basis or wait for Tier 1 based application. In second case, when is the earliest I can apply for that?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Long stay or Tier 1 application for ILR?

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

geegs wrote:Thanks for you reply. Do you also know when is one eligible to apply for ILR before finishing 5 years on Tier 1 General visa. Is it also 28 days or can it be more than that?
Premium Service wrote:When can you make your application?
We will consider any valid application to extend your visa, regardless of when you make it. If you are applying for settlement (also known as 'indefinite leave to remain'), you will normally need to have lived in the UK or a specified length of time before you apply. This is called the 'qualifying period'. For more information, see the section of this website for your current immigration category. Do not apply for settlement more than 28 days before the end of your qualifying period. If your current permission to remain in the UK will expire before you qualify for settlement, you cannot yet apply - instead, you will need to apply for permission to extend your stay.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:44 pm

dipmm2000d wrote:This is very simple , those who are on student and psw dependant and have not applied before 6 April 2013 for flrm they will be on 5 years qualifying period as those cannt switch under part 8 after 6 April. But if you applied before 6 April you will be on 2 years qualifying period n can not comnine previous period for that 2 years. That means have to spend another 2 years to get ILR.
This is indeed simple but talking about this over and over is making it more complicated. Hope the below quotes clarifies and puts an end to this never ending saga.
Can your dependants apply for settlement? wrote:At present, your partner must have lived with you in the UK for a minimum of 5 years or 2 years if they had been granted leave as your partner before 9 July 2012 and continuously since then, before they can apply for settlement. Your children can apply for settlement when you and your partner have either:
Family Members wrote:i) If the applicant was granted leave as:

(a) the Partner of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(b) the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of that person at a time when that person had leave under another category of these Rules

under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012, and since then has had continuous leave as the Partner of that Relevant Points based System Migrant, the specified period is 2 years
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:41 pm

yup...that clarifies it

Mine is a Tier 1 visa so..never paid much attention on tier 4

1 more quick question

When applying for ILR to my dependent after getting her FLR(M)... do I need to show all the tier 1 income again to the UKBA... coz I closed the self - employment business already..

did they asked for those docs
Last edited by saanju9 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

essentialSalt

Re: Calling UKBA

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm

adkh2_1 wrote:Hi Guys,

i am one of the september applicants still waiting to hear outcome of my application... i called UKBA 3 times in last 2 weeks, they always gave me same line "you have to keep on waiting"...

my latest phone call to them was yday, does this mean i am not going to get my documents this week... or i can still be hopeful that my documents might arrive this week, regardless of what ukba told me on phone....
Just for those still waiting to hear from the home office this week, the PCS has asked the home office to join the strike actions. I don't think anyone is getting a reply this week. I think front line workers (customer facing ones) are still working this week. We can stop checking the post this week.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /28-strike

This is a justification from the PCS.

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/news_and_event ... DDBEB26499

The home secretary's appearance in front of the committee is on 18th April (can be found in the same PCS article).

This has been highlighted by another member on this forum before.
Last edited by essentialSalt on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:55 pm

saanju9 wrote:but Relevant Points based system...

Does PSW and Students (tier 4) come under this category.....
Immigration Policy wrote:The term "Relevant Points Based System Migrant" means a migrant granted to leave as a Tier 1 Migrant, a Tier 2 Migrant, a Tier 4 (General) Student or a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant. It would therefore include a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant and a Tier 4 (General) Student.
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Nanmoom wrote:
Hope u watched the programme tonight on channel 4 at 8pm today ...... You now know how UKBA works. Your file might just be lying somewhere so make reference . I do not know about peaceful protest outside the HO all alone.... they might have u arrested.
I shall make you aware that it is ones right to protest peacefully in the UK!

I can not believe that a government agency such as UKBA operate in this way! Should they really be increasing the fees for this kind of service?

I really hope Theresa May & Mark Harper saw the channel 4 programme and are up to get this sorted asap and chop those senior immigration officers positions from the UKBA for shifting the goal posts and lying to the taxpayer!

Can they not spent £8 million to improve UKBA instead on the funeral of Margaret Thatcher? Would stop people protesting and help us 'the taxpayer' to live with ease?

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:06 pm

My timeline is
Application sent : 24/08/12 (Fri)
Application received by HO :28/08/12 (Tue)
Due to Bank Hol payment taken out : 30/08/2012 (Paid by Debit card)
Acknowledgement letter : received on 3/09/12 (dated 30/08/2012)
Biometric letter : received on 23/10/12 (dated 20/10/12)
biometric done : 24/10/12
passport/bio card received : waiting

Got reply back from my MP again...very disappointed...
The UKBA unable to confirm the time scale to make a decision on my application. They state that they are still working on the July applications which doesn't appear to be true here...................
Don't think if we have any other option other than wait........................

sahir1001
Newly Registered

Help for MN1

Post by sahir1001 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi friends, As you know I have recently been granted for ILR. I need your help (Everyone helpful in this lovely forum, specially extremely helpful person Damanisshallo) to filled up MN1 form for my UK born children (Son: age 3 and a half year; daughter age: 8 months). My Questions are as follows…
Q1. Do I need to Filled up TWO form for TWO kids?
Q2. Do I need to send my original passport or BRP?
Q3. On payment slip how can I put 2 applicants name, DOB etc as I am applying for 2 kids together?
Q4. On Section 1, question 1.3 Please say if and when the child was given Indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK…..shall I leave it blank?
Thank You.

essentialSalt

Post by essentialSalt » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 pm

mrgsingh wrote:My timeline is

The UKBA unable to confirm the time scale to make a decision on my application. They state that they are still working on the July applications which doesn't appear to be true here...................
I hope you are not in trouble financially as you wait for the decision. Your timeline is really close to mine. We applied before this academic year began. Now the exams have started. The waiting with no realistic timeline makes me feel really powerless.

worried24
Newly Registered

Post by worried24 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Update:

I am one of the July 2012 applicant. Just received a mis-delivery note from our postman when I came back from work this evening (16/04/2013)!

The number on the card is the prepaid special delivery envelope that I've attached with my ILR application 9 months ago!! Going to pick it up tomorrow from our post office depot. I hope it's good news! Will update you guys again tomorrow.

Good luck and all the best to those waiting.

Date payment debited: 08-08-2012
Payment mode : cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 06-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 09-11-2012 (letter dated 06-11-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrollment: 10-11-2012

angel62

Post by angel62 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 pm

[quote="saanju9"][quote="angel62"]I cannot apply for settlement under Tier-2 as my wages are below £35,000 then if I got ILR under long residency then my wife time spent as my PBS dependent will not count towards 2 years qualifying period.Am I right or wrong?[/quote]

No because she is a Tier 2 dependent.. she can count towards 2 years qualifying period.. so she can apply after 2 years

[quote="Damanisshallo"]

Since the dependent came to UK in Dec 2009 which is Pre-July on a dependent visa he/she would fall under the first condition of the first if (Qualifying Period).

Because the dependent was on a non settlement route he/she would fall under the first condition of the second if (Calculating Qualifying Period).[/quote]

sorry man little over look of your algorithm in previous post.

But you said

"[color=red]then[/color]
You cannot add/Combine/Amalgamate your stay.
[color=red]else[/color]
You can add your previous stay towards qualifying period.
[color=red]end if[/color]

in this algorithm your 1st saying you cannot and then "else" your saying you can

whats the difference between
[b]"cannot add your stay"[/b]
and
[b]"can add your stay towards qualifying period"[/b]

just need a bit clarity here[/quote]

Dear all,
Please anybody can update sushdmehta post as follows according to the new rules.
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 am Post subject: Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave

angel62

sushdmehta post regarding Dependant of ILR (long residence)

Post by angel62 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Dear all,
Please anybody can update sushdmehta post as follows according to the new rules effective from April 2013.
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 am Post subject: Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Help for MN1

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:51 pm

sahir1001 wrote:My Questions are as follows…
Q1. Do I need to Filled up TWO form for TWO kids?
Yes
Q2. Do I need to send my original passport or BRP?
May be not. The approval letter should do.
Q3. On payment slip how can I put 2 applicants name, DOB etc as I am applying for 2 kids together?
2 different forms.
Q4. On Section 1, question 1.3 Please say if and when the child was given Indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK…..shall I leave it blank?
N/A
Thank You.
Follow this post
Skydrives, Templates

DRcfox
Newly Registered

Post by DRcfox » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Congrats worried24....I hope its good news.

DB12

SET-O - 10 years route - approval

Post by DB12 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 am

Hi All,

i received my biometrics yesterday.... please someone update sky drive

once again thank you all for help.

z18runway

Re: SET-O - 10 years route - approval

Post by z18runway » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 am

DB12 wrote:Hi All,

when did you apply, couldn't find on skydrive

DB12

Re: SET-O - 10 years route - approval

Post by DB12 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

z18runway wrote:
DB12 wrote:Hi All,

when did you apply, couldn't find on skydrive
my complete time line is as below

date of application - 8th aug 12
acknowledgement - 14th Aug 12
biometric letter - 8th november 12
Biometrics given - 9th November 12
Passport & docs - 15 April 13
Biometric CArd - 16 April 13

settlementnow
Newly Registered

Sky drive

Post by settlementnow » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am

Can someone tell me what is sky drive address. I can't get the most upto date one with the link I saved.

I am August participant an would like to see how many received this month.

Regards

TheCreativeDragonHead
Newly Registered

Update

Post by TheCreativeDragonHead » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:37 am

Hi All

I contacted UKBA just now and they give me some unexpected answer.

They managed to tell me that they have just assigned my case to a case team in liverpool.

I called the 0870 number, but i might have accidentally press the wrong button but somehow it's got connected quickly anyway.

I will update you all once I got more news.

Many Thanks

Hyper-PK

ILR Approved [b](17-04-2013) [/b]

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am

al hamdu lillah guys My ILR has been approved , just received 2nd class recorded delivery( even though I had provided my pre-paid Spacial Delivery envelope, but never mind)

Cant describes my feeling of freedom. Pray to all who are waiting for a long time, especially June, July and Aug . May Allah help you in this difficult time.

My time Line is as follows

Date application posted: 24-08-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 28-07-2012
Date payment debited: 30-08-2012
Payment mode : Postal Orders
Acknowledgement letter received: 30-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 23-10-2012 (letter dated 19-10-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrolment: 23-10-2012
Date of approval date : 16-04-2013
Date of return of passport and other documents: Received today (17-04-2013)
Date BRP ILR Received: To Follow , Possibly tomorrow

My History
[ I had provided them my all 3 passports, SAR report one page, covering letter, Life in UK test letter.
came to UK September 2002, 7.5 years student + 1.9 years PSW+ 3.5 year Student visa (on PhD base) currently in 2nd year of my PhD, my visa was valid till end 2015

This forum has been a wonderful find of my life who gave a so much help and support through out this waiting period. So I would pay my spacial gratitudes to who had started this.

Best of Luck guys

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello mrgSingh.

I am in the same situation... Applied on the 09 August ( Set 0 - 10 years route ) still awaiting. Did not contact my MP so far. Is your case straight forward ? As you said i don't think UKBA working on July application this is not true. Now they on strike for the week..sooo more delays....!! How many time you contacted your MP ? you think its worthy ?
mrgsingh wrote:My timeline is

Izno

Re: ILR Approved [b](17-04-2013) [/b]

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Congrats Bro !!

Did you hire any lawyer ..? in your application did you send any work payslips ? As I applied on the 09 august no response so far..mine is similar to your case . student / psw / student.I did the SAR but did not send a copy of it.

Thanks for your post.

Hyper-PK wrote:al hamdu lillah guys My ILR has been approved , just received 2nd class recorded delivery( even though I had provided my pre-paid Spacial Delivery envelope, but never mind)

Cant describes my feeling of freedom. Pray to all who are waiting for a long time, especially June, July and Aug . May Allah help you in this difficult time.

My History
[ I had provided them my all 3 passports, SAR report one page, covering letter, Life in UK test letter.
came to UK September 2002, 7.5 years student + 1.9 years PSW+ 3.5 year Student visa (on PhD base) currently in 2nd year of my PhD, my visa was valid till end 2015

This forum has been a wonderful find of my life who gave a so much help and support through out this waiting period. So I would pay my spacial gratitudes to who had started this.

Best of Luck guys

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

[quote="Izno"]Congrats Bro !!

Did you hire any lawyer ..? in your application did you send any work payslips ? As I applied on the 09 august no response so far..mine is similar to your case . student / psw / student.I did the SAR but did not send a copy of it.

Thanks for your post.

Hi , No Lawyer, No pay Slips, I only sent what they had asked for, only additional document I had provided them was SAR one page which shows all my Landing cards records, No Visa gapes,,,,however there was one in-coming missing stamp on my passport but i did not provide any thing to cover that.

I did contact my MP after 4.5 months , after 6.50 month, and last Monday (8-04-2013), sent few time emails to UKBA but no reply received from them

I hope you all get soon.

BRITISH1020
Newly Registered

Post by BRITISH1020 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Hyper-PK wrote:al hamdu lillah guys My ILR has been approved , just received 2nd class recorded delivery( even though I had provided my pre-paid Spacial Delivery envelope, but never mind)

My History

Best of Luck guys
CONGRATULATIONS....