ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Sky drive

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 pm

settlementnow wrote:Can someone tell me what is sky drive address. I can't get the most upto date one with the link I saved.

I am August participant an would like to see how many received this month.

Regards
Here is the link http://sdrv.ms/WXJG4L However, the date format looks different coz someone's logged into it from Bangladesh and forgot get out of it...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

CW
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by CW » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:25 pm

TheCreativeDragonHead wrote:Hi All

I contacted UKBA just now and they give me some unexpected answer.

They managed to tell me that they have just assigned my case to a case team in liverpool.

I called the 0870 number, but i might have accidentally press the wrong button but somehow it's got connected quickly anyway.

I will update you all once I got more news.

Many Thanks

Hi, it is a very good news, a hope, all the best!. Could you tell me when did you submit your application please. Cause I am a early October applicant. Many thanks

essentialSalt

Re: ILR Approved [b](17-04-2013) [/b]

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Hyper-PK wrote:guys My ILR has been approved , just received 2nd class recorded delivery( even though I had provided my pre-paid Spacial Delivery envelope, but never mind)

Cant describes my feeling of freedom. Pray to all who are waiting for a long time, especially June, July and Aug .

My time Line is as follows

Date application posted: 24-08-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 28-07-2012
Date payment debited: 30-08-2012
Payment mode : Postal Orders
Acknowledgement letter received: 30-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 23-10-2012 (letter dated 19-10-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrolment: 23-10-2012
Date of approval date : 16-04-2013
Date of return of passport and other documents: Received today (17-04-2013)
Date BRP ILR Received: To Follow , Possibly tomorrow

My History
[ I had provided them my all 3 passports, SAR report one page, covering letter, Life in UK test letter.
came to UK September 2002, 7.5 years student + 1.9 years PSW+ 3.5 year Student visa (on PhD base) currently in 2nd year of my PhD, my visa was valid till end 2015

This forum has been a wonderful find of my life who gave a so much help and support through out this waiting period. So I would pay my spacial gratitudes to who had started this.

Best of Luck guys
Congratulations from me too. You can now get on with your life. Sorry I edited the religious bits in your original post. Good luck to your PhD and your job hunt in academia (must be tough though - but now you don't have to worry about the residency requirements).

Zak007
Newly Registered

ILR Approved

Post by Zak007 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:19 pm

I have been a silent follower of this forum and would like to share my wife's timeline for the approval of her ILR under the basis of Long residence

Application sent: 27 Sept 2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 02 Oct 2012
Bio metric enrolment: 08 Dec 2012
ILR approval date:12 April 2013
Biometric card and approval letter received: 16 April 2013

I would like to say a very big thank you to the senior members of this forum - Damanisshallo, Sushdmehta et al, its been a great honour to have benefited from your invaluable advice and contributions.

Many thanks

adkh2_1

Re: ILR Approved

Post by adkh2_1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm

congrats man, i am have applied around about same time as well...
did u guys contacted your mp or something?
Zak007 wrote:I have been a silent follower of this forum and would like to share my wife's timeline for the approval of her ILR under the basis of Long residence

I would like to say a very big thank you to the senior members of this forum - Damanisshallo, Sushdmehta et al, its been a great honour to have benefited from your invaluable advice and contributions.

Many thanks
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

ImmigraionUser
Newly Registered

Post by ImmigraionUser » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Zak007 wrote:I have been a silent follower of this forum and would like to share my wife's timeline for the approval of her ILR under the basis of Long residence

Many thanks
Congratulations my friend please could you confirm if you have received both BRP and Approval in the same letter or differently....If differently who delivered them? Thanks.

Zak007
Newly Registered

Post by Zak007 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Yes, i contacted our mp. But i think what actually did the magic was the complaint letter i wrote (fax and email to UKBA) last thursday using the template provided by some members of this forum.

adkh2_1 wrote:congrats man, i am have applied around about same time as well...
did u guys contacted your mp or something?

Many thanks

Zak007
Newly Registered

Post by Zak007 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm

The approval letter and BRP card was delivered separately. Royal Mail delivered the approval letter using the special delivery envelope i submitted with the application, whilst the BRP card was delivered by a guy with a private car yesterday evening.

I was actually surprised to have received the BRP the same day because we weren't expecting the card until next week. It was a big relief having waited for 6.5 months.

ImmigraionUser wrote:

Many thanks
Congratulations my friend please could you confirm if you have received both BRP and Approval in the same letter or differently....If differently who delivered them? Thanks.

vzone
Newly Registered

10 year long residency in 1 month

Post by vzone » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:12 pm

All,

I applied for ILR (10 year) on 14/09/12.
Biometrics: 18/11/12
ILR: still waiting

However, a friend of mine with same case as mine (ILR 10 years) who applied on 15/03/13 got it yesterday. yes friends in exact 1 month. Both passport and BRP.

I am totally confused as to what is happening.

Regards.

fazhaque

Re: 10 year long residency in 1 month

Post by fazhaque » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 pm

vzone wrote:All,

However, a friend of mine with same case as mine (ILR 10 years) who applied on 15/03/13 got it yesterday. yes friends in exact 1 month. Both passport and BRP.

Regards.
I am in exact situation...applied on 11th Sep and still waiting......

andie_83

ILR Approved

Post by andie_83 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Dear All,

I have just received my passport and documents back (still waiting for biometrics though).

The letter was printed 16-04-13 so documents were actually sent yesterday. They were delivered to my old address (even after telling them a zillion times my new one) and comes just after receiving a response on Monday from Rob Whiteman's PA.

Also, my MP contacted me saying my application has been approved.
If someone could update the skydrive for me would be appreciated.

My details are:

Application sent: 22/07/12
Complaints: phone calls, letters, contacted MP and finally Rob Whiteman and others as per Idiot spammer's post.
Passport received: 17/04/13
Biometrics: waiting
Visas held for 10 years: 5 years student (1 year computer course+bachelors), 1 year IGS, 1 year PSW, 1 year student (MSc), 3 years student (PhD) with visa expiring October 2013. No more of 3 months out of the country in total.

Also, in my complaint letter I asked if I could apply for the British passport in October hence HO took ages to process my documents....they did not answer, they only said my documents have been processed already and on their way.

I think I will just wait the year they ask, unless I get written proof from someone at HO that I can.

For all the ones waiting, specially June/July and August applicants, please do complain. Do make your MP's aware as even when they do nothing, it creates awareness about the issue.

I will let you all know when I receive my biometrics and good luck to everyone.

kjess
Newly Registered

ILR Approved!

Post by kjess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi guys/girls, I've got my passport and supporting materials back this afternoon! I'm so thrilled! :shock: The courier tried to deliver the bio-metric card today but I was at work, so I re-arrange the delivery to Friday. :D I couldn't really describ my feeling initially, I thought I was really calm, then when I start reading the approval letter, I just felt absolutely happy!

I'm a July applicant (23/07/2012), during this long wait (8 months and 26 days) I didn't do anything to speed up the process (I planned to..), I guess the process is just random and depends on luck.

Good luck to all of you guys still in waiting!

essentialSalt

Re: ILR Approved!

Post by essentialSalt » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm

kjess wrote:Hi guys/girls, I've got my passport and supporting materials back this afternoon! I'm so thrilled! :shock: The courier tried to deliver the bio-metric card today but I was at work, so I re-arrange the delivery to Friday. :D I couldn't really describ my feeling initially, I thought I was really calm, then when I start reading the approval letter, I just felt absolutely happy!

I'm a July applicant (23/07/2012), during this long wait (8 months and 26 days) I didn't do anything to speed up the process (I planned to..), I guess the process is just random and depends on luck.

Good luck to all of you guys still in waiting!
Congratulations. I hope the application process didn't prevent you from doing what you wanted to do with your life. 9 months was a long wait, too long for anyone who is over 25 with a career. Good luck.

kjess
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved!

Post by kjess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks essentialSalt! :D I reckon my case is very straight forward, 5.5 years student + 3 years HSMP + 1.5 years Tier 1, no gap at all. I've been working for 5 years already, before today I always regretted that I should have waited for another half year to apply through the 5-year working visa route. But NEVERMIND! :D

When I looked back my application, I think I put too much information in it. I attached my degree certificates, bank statements, pay slips, P60s, even my mortgage statements... I just thought all these information could approve the "strong connections" between me and the UK... Guess they're not necessary at all.

I really want to thank this forum and the lovely people who's helping us kindly, I felt really desperate at certain point, this forum gives me hope!
essentialSalt wrote:Congratulations. I hope the application process didn't prevent you from doing what you wanted to do with your life. 9 months was a long wait, too long for anyone who is over 25 with a career. Good luck.

milagro
Newly Registered

Post by milagro » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm

@ Andie_83,
Congrats! Can imagine How you felt!!
Also, to everyone else who received great news today..

Izno

Post by Izno » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:46 pm

hello Congrats for your ILR.

would you kindly if possible send the link of the complain template you have send to Rob Whiteman and any contact details please . I applied on the 09 August and so far no response..according to you which options will work faster ?

many thanks .

andie_83 wrote:Dear All,

I have just received my passport and documents back (still waiting for biometrics though).

The letter was printed 16-04-13 so documents were actually sent yesterday. They were delivered to my old address (even after telling them a zillion times my new one) and comes just after receiving a response on Monday from Rob Whiteman's PA.

My details are:

Complaints: phone calls, letters, contacted MP and finally Rob Whiteman and others as per Idiot spammer's post.
Visas held for 10 years: 5 years student (1 year computer course+bachelors), 1 year IGS, 1 year PSW, 1 year student (MSc), 3 years student (PhD) with visa expiring October 2013. No more of 3 months out of the country in total.

Also, in my complaint letter I asked if I could apply for the British passport in October hence HO took ages to process my documents....they did not answer, they only said my documents have been processed already and on their way.

I think I will just wait the year they ask, unless I get written proof from someone at HO that I can.

For all the ones waiting, specially June/July and August applicants, please do complain. Do make your MP's aware as even when they do nothing, it creates awareness about the issue.

AMH

Re: ILR Approved [b](17-04-2013) [/b]

Post by AMH » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Masha'Allah!!
I'm really pleased to read your post
Maybe you feel on top of the world
Hyper-PK wrote:al hamdu lillah guys My ILR has been approved , just received 2nd class recorded delivery( even though I had provided my pre-paid Spacial Delivery envelope, but never mind)

Cant describes my feeling of freedom. Pray to all who are waiting for a long time, especially June, July and Aug . May Allah help you in this difficult time.

My time Line is as follows

Date application posted: 24-08-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 28-07-2012
Date payment debited: 30-08-2012
Payment mode : Postal Orders
Acknowledgement letter received: 30-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 23-10-2012 (letter dated 19-10-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrolment: 23-10-2012
Date of approval date : 16-04-2013
Date of return of passport and other documents: Received today (17-04-2013)
Date BRP ILR Received: To Follow , Possibly tomorrow

My History
[ I had provided them my all 3 passports, SAR report one page, covering letter, Life in UK test letter.
came to UK September 2002, 7.5 years student + 1.9 years PSW+ 3.5 year Student visa (on PhD base) currently in 2nd year of my PhD, my visa was valid till end 2015

This forum has been a wonderful find of my life who gave a so much help and support through out this waiting period. So I would pay my spacial gratitudes to who had started this.

Best of Luck guys
7A8M6H

AMH

Post by AMH » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Very strange!
So when has he done biometrics?

Regards.
7A8M6H

AMH

Post by AMH » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Even I'm 11-09-2012 applicant, no news yet!
fazhaque wrote:

Regards.
I am in exact situation...applied on 11th Sep and still waiting......
7A8M6H

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Izno, thank you :).
Please see below the template letter Idiot spammer shared with us a while ago.

I would suggest to follow the route of giving 1 phone call, then send a letter or fax (it has worked for some), contact your MP and then write the ltter below. I think your case would read nicer and sound more solid if you state you have tried to deal with HO by calling, writting, etc and you finally don't know what to do and that is why you are contacting them.

You can contact them straight away but is my opinion is best to follow that order. Best of lucks!!

Please read this:
Rob Whiteman : rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk
Teresa May : mayt@parliament.uk
Home Office Complaints: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

There is no harm in making a noise about the delays after 6 months - so you must send one and send reminders every day however silly it looks. Keep the language clean and assertive. Here is a what I sent:
-----------------------------------
Hello Mr. Whiteman,

UKBA Ref. No. :XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I would like to lodge an official complaint with UKBA regarding serious delays (nearly 8 months) in my settlement application processing.
Sorry, but I will be writing to you directly on a regular basis from now on, until I receive a demonstrable assurance that UKBA is taking an action on my case.
I would also want to request Mr. Mark Harper to intervene and ensure that a law abiding, tax paying resident of UK should not be victimized in this way.

Details of my application:
UKBA Ref. No. : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type : SET(O)
Applied from within the UK
Application Date: 22nd Aug 2012
Main Applicant: NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Dependent 1 : NAME (D.O.B. DD-MM-YYYY). Nationality : COUNTRY
Biometric Enrolment Date: 21st Nov 2012
6 Months wait period completed on 22nd Feb 2013
7 Months wait period completed on 22nd Mar 2013

I raised the matter with UKBA through my MP XXXXX - as UKBA customer service had only one unhelpful answer "Your application is in progress. Please continue to wait.".
Following information was transmitted back to me :
As on 01-MAR-2013 my application wasn't allocated to a caseworker.
As on 05-MAR-2013 my application wasn't on UKBA database and would likely be added by spring time.

My Complaint:
1. Applications made after mine have had their applications decided - while my application wasn't allocated to a case worker and most likely hasn't even been opened. UKBA promises that they process applications in the order they are received - and this clearly hasn't happened in my case.
2. UKBA has seriously delayed my application processing beyond their published service standards. This is due to maladministration at UKBA and no fault of mine. This uncertainly and total lack of transparency has caused me and my family tremendous mental stress, prevented us from travelling outside UK to visit to my ailing parents. I consider this as a breach of my human rights.
3. I have received a shambolic customer service (0870 606 7766) - where the UKBA staff was not even willing to listen to my concerns and worries and had absolutely no answers. It was like as if I was speaking to a tape recorder.
4. I was contracted to do IT work for a client and it got completed on 22-FEB-2012. I had made my MP aware of this with proof of completion of contract. Since then I am unable to attend job interviews for new contracts as all employers demand the following to schedule an interview:
A proof of identification
A proof that I am legally allowed to work in UK and have enough time left on my permit to be able to fulfil my job.
Both of these above, requires me to present my passport and BRP - which I don't have because UKBA hasn't processed my application within the timelines that UKBA themselves have published.
5. While I am unable to find work forced by the delays caused by UKBA, I have to pay for me and my family's living expenses out of my limited savings as I do not I have recourse to public funds. Is it justified that I should put my career and finances at risk because of UKBA maladministration and infact pay for that out of my pocket?
6. UKBA suggested me the following options:
Put in request for my passport temporarily (1-2 days) for identity checks by employer. This is to be done by following a process that is supposed to take 20 working days. There will be several interviews scheduled over a period of time - so for each interview scheduled does UKBA expect me to put in a request for return of my passport and wait for 20 days for it to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Withdraw the application and apply again at a suitable time. This would involve forfeiting my application fees , losing out on over 7 months and make a fresh application and waiting for 20 working days for my documents to arrive. This again is not acceptable to me.
Present compelling and compassionate reasons for expediting the processing of my application. This is really surprising to hear because after UKBA knows that they are at fault, and they haven't actioned on my application in over 7 months now - its time UKBA should take the responsibility and ownership of taking the earliest possible decision on my application.
7. My kids (details above) are due to start their primary schooling in a years time. We have planned to buy/rent a property near a good school - this has gone haywire as we cannot apply for a mortgage or produce identity documents for pre-tenancy checks. UKBA delays have seriously jeopardized our plans for providing a good schooling to our children denying then their basic human right.
8. This delay from UKBA will eventually cause a delay for me and my family's citizenship/naturalization application - again attributed to delays caused by UKBA and no fault of mine.

Please provide answers to the complaint above (all 8 points) above and also advise me about the following :
A clear timeline for the processing of my application - permanent solution.
Evidence that a case worker has been allocated to my application and will be available until a decision has been made.
How UKBA and Home Office intend to compensate me for the losses (of money, time and inconvenience) it has caused me and my family.
Izno wrote:hello Congrats for your ILR.

would you kindly if possible send the link of the complain template you have send to Rob Whiteman and any contact details please . I applied on the 09 August and so far no response..according to you which options will work faster ?

many thanks .

andie_83 wrote:Dear All,

My details are:

worried24
Newly Registered

Post by worried24 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Thank you @DRcfox! It is truly good news for me.

Had finally picked up my mis-delivery item from yesterday (the longest 30minutes walk ever to the post office depot, but the fastest/lightest walk ever on the way back from the post office depot. I even hugged the post office staff who gave me the packet! She must have thought am crazy if I didnt explain that it's a very valuable packet that I've been waiting for 9months!)

There it was, the approval letter and all my passports+other info that I have submitted to UKBA to support the application (incl payslips, college+uni+company letters, P60s, bank letters, A level certificates, CRB certificates, character reference letters from friends, etc - all these I dont think actually needed for the SET O 10 years application).

There is also another mis-delivery today, this time from the DX which I believe would be the Biometric card.

So, here is the complete timeline:

Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
Date application posted: 14-07-2012
Date application received at UKBA: 16-07-2012
Date payment debited: 08-08-2012
Payment mode : cheque
Acknowledgement letter received: 06-08-2012 (Letter dated 02-08-2012)
Biometric letter received: 09-11-2012 (letter dated 06-11-2012)
Date of biometrics Enrolment: 10-11-2012
Approval letter: attempted delivery 16th April 2013, collected 17th April (letter dated 11-04-2013)
Biometric card: attempted delivery on 17th April.

Once again, good luck and all the best to those that are still waiting.

This forum has kept me sane (and frustrated at the same time, when I read that some people applying later than me has got theirs earlier than me! :) you just need to keep reminding yourself to be patient and wait. Have some faith, it will arrive soon)

Thank you all. It's really heartwarming to see everyone supporting each other.

All the best.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks Idiot spammer...indeed I am happy! but to be honest it hasn't sink quite yet. I think it will once I receive my biometrics reading "permanent resident" on it.

Thanks a lot to everyone and really to you because I think if I hadn't read your post I would have received my documents, but just not today :).
Idiot spammer wrote:@ Andie_83,
Congrats! Can imagine How you felt!!
Also, to everyone else who received great news today..

DRcfox
Newly Registered

Post by DRcfox » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Worried24 that is great news. It does make me feel better when people who have been waiting ages finally get theirs through. Best of luck to you.

Andie83....thank you so much for your template. I have sent my own letter and fax to UKBA and my MP has written a letter on my behalf. Do you think this enough or should I plod on and write to the others you had suggested? I am 31 August applicant.

andie_83

Post by andie_83 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi DRcfox,

So, if you are a 31st of August applicant you are around 7 months and 3 weeks waiting. In my case my MP called once per week and seemed to help. His PA explained there is something called MP's hotline at UKBA so I think is a bit bizarre I read some are sending letters.

I waited ~4 weeks after contacting my MP because after allocating my case to a case team, they then allocated it to a caseworker..all this in 2 weeks only. After that they told her to wait...and wait...it was then I wrote the final letter. I would say to wait until you hit the 8th month (just 2 weeks)...as most people are getting their stuff within 8.

Whatever you decide, good luck :).
DRcfox wrote:Worried24 that is great news. It does make me feel better when people who have been waiting ages finally get theirs through. Best of luck to you.

Andie83....thank you so much for your template. I have sent my own letter and fax to UKBA and my MP has written a letter on my behalf. Do you think this enough or should I plod on and write to the others you had suggested? I am 31 August applicant.

Hyper-PK

ILR Approved [b](17-04-2013) [/b] Need to Apply Wife FLR(M)

Post by Hyper-PK » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 am

Hi All the members especially Damani, Sanju9, I recently got my ilr ( dated 17-04-2013) based on 10 year rule and was on t4 visa (phd study) before the ilr. I am preparing my wife's visa switch and would like confirmation from any one at this forum.
My wife entered uk in sept 2004 and has always been my dependent (currently on T4 dependent). Because of the newly changed rule after 6th April this year, when she switches her T4 dependent visa to FLR(M), she will be subject to new rule I.e.

1) qualifying period for settlement -5 years and the qualifying period starts from the date she has her FLR (M) approved ?

2) we are subject to new financial requirement - £18600 threshold for employment salary between us ?

If she doesn't switch her current T4 dependent visa ( Visa valid till june 2015) ( although my status has changed), will it cause any problem when she applies for 10 year ILR on her own merit sept 2014 next year?

All your input will be highly appreciated. I apologies in advance to hijack this thread for FLM(M) question.