ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon Mon 15th April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fomsand1

ILR success @ Croydon Mon 15th April

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi all,

Just want to share my ILR success story as I've benefited a great deal from this forum. Thanks go ID, Kevin24, Alanwong and if I haven't mentioned you please do bear with me as I'm overly excited to remember everyone.

My case:

2008 hsmp 2 years

2010-2013 Tier 1 G

I'm employed plus self employed and went with my dependant (wife). Appointment was at 10:50, we got there at 10:20 and was allowed in as we had our 3 year old son with us. Don't want to bore you with the normal proceedure from getting token number up to biometrics, as its pretty much the same.

The only new development worth mentioning is that unlike previously where after biometrics, your token number will then be called for you to see a CW, now the procedure is that after biometrics, you leave all supporting docs with the biometrics officer and then you wait in the waiting area to be called for a decision. So you stop interacting with anyone there after biometrics.

The wait was one of the longest of my life. We were called at 3:30 to be given our approval letter.

Happily though, our BRP arrived today.

I'm more than happy to answer questions from anyone in a similar boat as I was. I'm now downloading and printing off the MN1 form to apply for citizenship for my UK born son.

Thanks again everyone.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR success @ Croydon Mon 15th April

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi all,

Just want to share my ILR success story as I've benefited a great deal from this forum. Thanks go ID, Kevin24, Alanwong and if I haven't mentioned you please do bear with me as I'm overly excited to remember everyone.

My case:

2008 hsmp 2 years

2010-2013 Tier 1 G

I'm employed plus self employed and went with my dependant (wife). Appointment was at 10:50, we got there at 10:20 and was allowed in as we had our 3 year old son with us. Don't want to bore you with the normal proceedure from getting token number up to biometrics, as its pretty much the same.

The only new development worth mentioning is that unlike previously where after biometrics, your token number will then be called for you to see a CW, now the procedure is that after biometrics, you leave all supporting docs with the biometrics officer and then you wait in the waiting area to be called for a decision. So you stop interacting with anyone there after biometrics.

The wait was one of the longest of my life. We were called at 3:30 to be given our approval letter.

Happily though, our BRP arrived today.

I'm more than happy to answer questions from anyone in a similar boat as I was. I'm now downloading and printing off the MN1 form to apply for citizenship for my UK born son.

Thanks again everyone.
#

Excellent News. Congratulation s. Pity your son has to go through all the procedure for 4 hours. Finally it was all worth it. Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks Kev. Well I can only say its fair he goes through it with us as he will be benefiting immediately from it. Lol. Ill definitely be having a get together soon.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

How did you handle your UK absent days. What documents did you provide?

Many Thanks!

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi IDbright,
I asked my HR to provide a schedule of all paid annual leave I've taken since I joined them in ,2008 which was pretty much the year I got my initial HSMP

Regards

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 am

fomsand1 wrote:Hi IDbright,
I asked my HR to provide a schedule of all paid annual leave I've taken since I joined them in ,2008 which was pretty much the year I got my initial HSMP

Regards
Hi fomsand1

would you be able to share the letter you got from HR?

Lot of people are confused about the content of the letter after the new rules

thanks

nanmoom

Re: ILR success @ Croydon Mon 15th April

Post by nanmoom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 am

Hi "fomsand1",

Congrats and enjoy..... . Out of interest , did you have to provide official documents with your wifes details. I note that this is a requirement for dependants. I just realised i do not have a joint band account with my husband .... or official letters addressed to us. Will this impact on the application in general??? I will be applying in November and my husband intents to add me to his bank statement .

A response will be appreciated.
Thanks

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 am

@Rarun53,

The letter I wrote was pretty simple to be honest. My HR asked me in what format it should be and I provided it to them and they put it on letter headed and signed on it. It was like this

UKBA
Lunar House
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sirs,

RE: Mr xxxxx APPLICATION FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN

This is to confirm that Mr xxx has been workinng with xxx company since xxxx date. Please find below a schedule of their paid leave of absences from their employment date to date:

Year Date Number of days on leave Reason

Please do let me know if you require any further information relating to employement with XXXXX limited which be required towards their application.

Kind Regards

This was how the letter was written. For all of the reasons, they simply put annual leave. Your employers cannot confirm what you do with your paid leave whether you go to jibraltar or timbuktu and this is what I have always been saying on this forum regarding the new rukes by UKBA for employers to comfirm leave of absences. They can only confirm how many days you have taken and what dates etc but not where you go to. I hope this helps answer your queries?

@Nanmoom,
Yes I provided official documents with my wifes details spanning 3 years. But they where at random, for example I took our tenancy agreement for our current place of residence which we've had since 2011, 2 Voters cards each for 2010, 2011, 2012 in our names individualy. 4x british gas bills for 2012, 3x for 2011 and 3x eon bills for 2010. NHS cards in both our names (no dates on them) and finally our marriage cert. These where all I took and nothing else. You dont need a bank account in joint names. If you can gather different utility bills (in both names) and official letters (in both names or individually-so long as its going to the same address you both reside), individual payslips (again so long as its going to the same address you both reside) all these spanning the past two years, I definitely sure you'll be alright.

Let me know if you need any further info

Regards

rarun53

Post by rarun53 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi fomsand1

Thanks for your swift response. Much Appreciated. One more question regarding the absences.

Did you get all your leave since 2008 (within UK leaves and any outside UK absences) or just only the days you were outside UK since 2008.

Many thanks

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Rarun53,

Yes I got all my paid annual leaves confirmed by my employers in the letter. No, they didnt verify where I went to just dates, numbers of days taken and reason. All of the reason were mainly described on the letter as "Annual Leave"

Regards

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Hi Rarun53,

Yes I got all my paid annual leaves confirmed by my employers in the letter. No, they didnt verify where I went to just dates, numbers of days taken and reason. All of the reason were mainly described on the letter as "Annual Leave"

Regards
So they did ask for the letter from the employer.