ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiry date in ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

linadasgupta
Newly Registered

Expiry date in ILR

Post by linadasgupta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi All,

I recently applied for PEO Ilr at Liverpool on 22nd March 2013 and was told by CW that it is approved. She returned my all documents including my passport.
Received my BRP today , on 28th March.
Was bit confused as it is mentioning as expiry date of 10 years on my ILR.

Does any one who had their ILR approved recently have the same problem.

Not sure if this is an error or a new rule by UKBA to renew the ILAr after 10 years by giving the new photo and just submitting the BRP. Can this cause again hefty sum of fees for reapplying and the same strenuous procedure or may be simple as we renew the UK driving lisensce.
Any ways, I am applying to citizenship next year so no worries.
But I feel UKBA should have provided sufficient information on this new rule(if there) on their website.

As far as my knowledge ILR is an indefinite Leave to remain inUk or permanent residency!

Also, with an expiry date on ILr, am I considered still as a "Home Student" or "international student". My wife wants to pursue Masters here and she was waiting for long to pay fees as a home student

Highly appreciate your responses

Thanks
Dan

Amber
Mood:

Re: Expiry date in ILR

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

linadasgupta wrote:Hi All,

I recently applied for PEO Ilr at Liverpool on 22nd March 2013 and was told by CW that it is approved. She returned my all documents including my passport.
Received my BRP today , on 28th March.
Was bit confused as it is mentioning as expiry date of 10 years on my ILR.

Does any one who had their ILR approved recently have the same problem.

Not sure if this is an error or a new rule by UKBA to renew the ILAr after 10 years by giving the new photo and just submitting the BRP. Can this cause again hefty sum of fees for reapplying and the same strenuous procedure or may be simple as we renew the UK driving lisensce.
Any ways, I am applying to citizenship next year so no worries.
But I feel UKBA should have provided sufficient information on this new rule(if there) on their website.

As far as my knowledge ILR is an indefinite Leave to remain inUk or permanent residency!

Also, with an expiry date on ILr, am I considered still as a "Home Student" or "international student". My wife wants to pursue Masters here and she was waiting for long to pay fees as a home student

Highly appreciate your responses

Thanks
Dan
ILR does not expire per se the photo will need replacing after 10 years or before if details change. For home fee students you must have ILR/bc and have been resident for 3 years for purposes other than education. The fee for replacing the BRP is around £40 so very little compared with the application fee.

Kisok
Newly Registered

Post by Kisok » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:18 pm

It's true it's not expire time. It's for replace recent picture.

linadasgupta
Newly Registered

Post by linadasgupta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi D4109125,

Many thanks for your response. From your post I understand that (correct me if wrong) - the visa (ILR) does not have an expiry, but card has so and has to be replaced. I was clearly told by CW at Liverpool that my BRP will not have an expiry date. So got bit confused. :oops:
Just a quick query, if its fine with you. You stated the fees for replacing the BRP is around £40. Could you please provide more details or source from where you got this information.
But still feel personally that UKBA should have mentioned this somewhere on its website to avoid the confusions.

Thanks again
KR
XX

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

linadasgupta wrote:Hi D4109125,

Many thanks for your response. From your post I understand that (correct me if wrong) - the visa (ILR) does not have an expiry, but card has so and has to be replaced. I was clearly told by CW at Liverpool that my BRP will not have an expiry date. So got bit confused. :oops:
Just a quick query, if its fine with you. You stated the fees for replacing the BRP is around £40. Could you please provide more details or source from where you got this information.
But still feel personally that UKBA should have mentioned this somewhere on its website to avoid the confusions.

Thanks again
KR
XX
You understand correctly. Cost is £37 look http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf

Bare in mind that if you leave the country for more than 2 years your ilr will likely be revoked.

linadasgupta
Newly Registered

Post by linadasgupta » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi D4109125

Thx so much for your prompt response.

Best Regards
Dan

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 pm

ILR has no expiry thats just BRP standard format. Even a passport has expiry date too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

PLGKL
Newly Registered

ILR BRP Expiry date...

Post by PLGKL » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied ILR and it got approved, today i have received my BRP card and it has an expiry date for 10 years. I am bit confused.

I have just called up UK BA on general enquiries and confirmed that the card needs to be renewed after the expiry date, just like Driving License, so they clearly mentioned no need to reapply ILR :)

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 pm

It's just like your Driving Licence or Passport. They are also not valid forever and need to be renewed every 10 years.

If you have a British passport that is valid for 10 years. You will continue to be British after the expiry of that document but you will need to apply for a new passport. It's only the document that expires rather than the status.

happy1310
Newly Registered

Re: Expiry date in ILR

Post by happy1310 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:36 pm

For Which Applications Form BRP(RC) is to be
Used?
Form BRP(RC) is to be used if you already have
a valid Biometric Residence Permit or Immigration
Status Document (ISD) which you need to replace
because:

your BRP has been lost, stolen or damaged;

your BRP has expired after receiving indefinite