ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vinnie21

Re: EEA4 applied on 03/01/13 no COA yet;;

Post by Vinnie21 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:17 am

daffodile wrote:Hi All,

I have applied EEA4 on 03/01/13 without solicitor and sent a letter asking sort of confirmations mid Feb, but didn't receive reply nor COA. To be honest, I didn't even know they should have sent COA before I read mentions here. I do need your advices.

-Could anybody let me know contact numbers or e-mails of relevant dept.? All I have is useless 0845 010 5200 and L2 0QN address. Their web pages for EEA family member don't work tonight!

-I'm planning to travel in May. (I've never imagine it takes so long) and will ask for passport back. I'm wondering it will takes longer without passport and no problem when I get back from abroad with expired Resident Documentation on 04/02/13.

-Can I find new job with expired RD which prove my rights?
Hi, 1 You can't travel without a valid visa so that option get out your head in regards to your COA you need to contact that useless number and confirm that they have received your documents.2 There some that they haven't received Coa for 6 months and over I have Been waiting for 7 months now and nothing I wouldn't recommend getting back your passport either I'm afraid you got to wait .3 Or contact Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk this is the director General and Explain the situation with you details most likely one of assistants will reply to you. When you get a reply there will be a number call that number and Explain ...there are the only ones that help ...all the best

Mordoklej

Post by Mordoklej » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 am

Just to let you know my wife has received her PR after just over 5 months of waiting.. Cool 8)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Mordoklej wrote:Just to let you know my wife has received her PR after just over 5 months of waiting.. Cool 8)
Good! And thanks for taking the time to update forum members which builds a better picture of mean application timescales.

daffodile
Newly Registered

Post by daffodile » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you, Vinnie21. I've written e-mail... They are really out of their minds. How do they keep someone's most important identity documents for so long!;;; I feel suddenly I'm in communist country or dictatorship.

Aladin0987

haha daffodile

Post by Aladin0987 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:06 pm

:lol: daffodile u have seen nothing yet, wellcome to the bully society or the homopitalizm jungle :lol:

admir
Newly Registered

hi

Post by admir » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am

i have applied for PR but my wifes status has changed she is british now and is been 6 1/2 months and when the MP called te UKBA they told him i have done wrong application form i should've done under UK low not under EU. they also said because i haven't done right application apparently i have no right to stay in UK and they going to retain my passport . does any one heard any thing like this. what form i should've use?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by Plum70 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:44 pm

admir wrote:i have applied for PR but my wifes status has changed she is british now and is been 6 1/2 months and when the MP called te UKBA they told him i have done wrong application form i should've done under UK low not under EU. they also said because i haven't done right application apparently i have no right to stay in UK and they going to retain my passport . does any one heard any thing like this. what form i should've use?
What is your wife's nationality? (to determine if dual nationality is allowed in her country)
When did you automatically acquire permanent residence?
When did your wife attend her British Citizenship ceremony? (it is only from this day that she is British)

On the face of it the UKBA cannot state that you have no right to remain in the country until the basis of their decision has been put to you in writing.

So, do let us know more details to see what suggestions can be made.

admir
Newly Registered

Post by admir » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 pm

my wife is slovakian but now she is british.
got married 6 1/2 years ago so i should've applied 1 year and half ago

she became british citizen 8 months ago

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:35 pm

admir wrote:my wife is slovakian but now she is british.
got married 6 1/2 years ago so i should've applied 1 year and half ago

she became british citizen 8 months ago
It looks like Slovakia allows its citizens acquire dual citizenship so I do not think that you have lost your right to PR under EU law. In which case you can apply to naturalise now having automatically acquired PR and being the spouse of a dual British/Slovakian citizen OR wait till you have PR confirmation.

See what the UKBA's decision is and take it from there.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:44 am

sent eea4 application 6th march 2013
pr received 22 April 2013 issued on 17th April 2013

all the best for other waiting for pr

msank
Newly Registered

PR recieved today

Post by msank » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am

Hi all
PR received today dated 17 April 2013
sent EEA4 17 October 2012
good luck for all still waiting
:D :D :D

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 pm

The UKBA seems to be picking up the pace. Good!

Most October applicants should have been attended to now.

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Plum70, I wish! I am still waiting for mine. Contacted them yesterday and they advised to be patient as they are still processing my application.

olkadot
Newly Registered

Post by olkadot » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Applied for EEA4 12 Feb 2013
Application received 13 Feb 2013
CoA received dated 4 March 2013
RP received 22 April 2013 (dated 18 April 2013)

2.5 months

Just wanted to give some hope to the people who are reading the posts and wishing to see a post with 2-3 months turn around mention(i was this person).

For people who are about to submit their applications, the main advice is:

- chronological order and clear indexes for every section - with page numbers and short rationals
- as many different sources of address/fund proofs as possible, but a very short selection of the overall documents (only 1 per quarter)
- make is as easy to go through as possible (test on your friends and relatives)

Good luck to all!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Mordoklej wrote:Just to let you know my wife has received her PR after just over 5 months of waiting.. Cool 8)
Now she can naturalise straight away if she so desires. :)

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:07 pm

WebMonkey wrote:Plum70, I wish! I am still waiting for mine.
How long for now?

ajentha82
Newly Registered

Post by ajentha82 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 pm

@ nidaulhaque
Wowwwww that was quick - So there is hope!! Would you be so kind to share the info/breakdown you have posted them of proof of 5 years treaty right?
I was thinking about P60 forms or bank statements.
We are in the progress of applying for a mortgage as well; so don't want to post to many stuff - plus it will cost a fortune as well. lol:)

mcclane

COA

Post by mcclane » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am

applied for EEA3and EEA4 on 15 March and still have not received COA which I need for work circumtances. Phoned them and they said I have to write them for asking COA which I did and still waiting. I am going to miss job offer because of their late process!!! Dont know what to do!

babylove1
Newly Registered

COA and Return of Passports

Post by babylove1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Just in case anyone is intending on applying with a request for return of passports within the application - make sure you also complete the ROD form and email it to them too.

I included a letter requesting return of passports in my application (delivered 8 April 2013) with a prepaid special delivery envelope and then, after reading this forum, also sent a request by completing the form and emailing them on 11 April with my Royal Mail ref.

On 20 April I received the special delivery with only our passports in and then later that day I received a 2nd class delivery with my COA in it. This leads me to believe that they acted on my email rather than the request sent with my application.

Let the waiting for PR begin...

qabahakk
Newly Registered

:(

Post by qabahakk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi just wanna share our case (Me Czech, husband Palestinian)
Applied 08 OCT
COA received shortly after
Still haven't heard of them. On the phone they keep sayin that it is still being processed and no other information available.
My solicitor requested my passport back 5th MArch but they (UKBA) said they had not received the request
Passport requested back again 11th April this one has been received but told they still need 20 working days. I am facing losing a job offer if they dont return my passport very soon, employer has been waiting for me for 2 month already.
I wrote to my MP asking for assistance two weeks ago but no reply.
Also wrote to rob whiteman office and no reply.
I would now like to file official complaint re 1) not processing application within 6 month 2) Not sending my passport back .
Can anybody advice me if they are actually breaking any law if they don't process the application within 6 month, or is it the European directive? What shall i refer to in the complaint?

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Plum70 wrote:How long for now?
I've been waiting since 5 Oct 2012...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 pm

WebMonkey wrote:
Plum70 wrote:How long for now?
I've been waiting since 5 Oct 2012...
Well over 6 months. What have you done complaints-wise?

WebMonkey

Post by WebMonkey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:11 pm

[/quote]Well over 6 months. What have you done complaints-wise?[/quote]

Not really sure what my options are? I've requested my passport back as I need it for job applications at the moment and renewal of my security clearance.

I've heard people approach their local MP, but what exactly do you ask of them, is there a template one can use on here somewhere?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 pm

WebMonkey wrote: Not really sure what my options are? I've requested my passport back as I need it for job applications at the moment and renewal of my security clearance.
Have you received it?
I've heard people approach their local MP, but what exactly do you ask of them, is there a template one can use on here somewhere?
There is no template letter but something along the lines of the UKBA is in contravention of Regulation 18(2) and Article 20 of the EU Directive 2004/38/EC which requires that a document certifying PR be issued within 6 months of application and you would like your application decided as a matter of priority.

You may also wish to ask for your MP's assistance in sending a well-worded letter to the UKBA. You may also wish to complain via your local SOLVIT, the EP or EC.

Bottom line: Do not just wait and "hope".

f79
Newly Registered

Post by f79 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:51 am

I've been waiting since June...