ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA payment delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

UKBA payment delay

Post by katievoroncova » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to advise that I applied through NCS on 13/03/2013 and UKBA received the application on the 14/03/2013 however still have not taken the payment.

Is anyone in the same position? Looking back at the timeline posts, most people get charged within 5 working days.

Route: EEA National (5 years + 1 year) resided since 2000
Date of application: 13/03/2013
Application through: NCS
Date UKBA received: 14/03/2013
Fees charged date: still awaiting
Payment type: Debit Card
Letter of acknowledgement: still awaiting

Thank you all in advance :)

boloney

Re: UKBA payment delay

Post by boloney » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 am

katievoroncova wrote:Hi guys,

Just wanted to advise that I applied through NCS on 13/03/2013 and UKBA received the application on the 14/03/2013 however still have not taken the payment.

Is anyone in the same position? Looking back at the timeline posts, most people get charged within 5 working days.

Route: EEA National (5 years + 1 year) resided since 2000
Date of application: 13/03/2013
Application through: NCS
Date UKBA received: 14/03/2013
Fees charged date: still awaiting
Payment type: Debit Card
Letter of acknowledgement: still awaiting

Thank you all in advance :)
you could get in touch with your bank to see if they tried debit your card. I was using my credit card and few days before I sended my application I did notified them that there will be charge for 1317 so make sure they let it go through. I had no trouble with it at all.

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I got in touch with my bank, LTSB and they advised that there was a decline on the card. UKBA entered incorrect details which caused the payment to fail. Still haven't heard about this directly from UKBA but sent my payment details again (including a covering letter stating that they failed to pay attention to detail).
Definitely UKBA's fault, as I had my payment details checked by NCS on 13/03.

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

UKBA Payment Delay

Post by katievoroncova » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi guys, just an update: received a letter from UKBA stating that NCS did not include the payment slip. I then sent it to them and they have finally debited the fees (06/04/13).

David80a
Newly Registered

Post by David80a » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi katievoroncova,

It seems I am having the same issue as you had recently.

I am going to send my payment slip again to HO but can I just ask, which address did you send your payment slip to for the second time?

Thanks in advance

David

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi there,

I just posted it to:

UKBA
North West Region
Nationality Team
PO BOX 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

They debited the fee pretty fast. I recommend sending the payment to them using Recorded Delivery (i.e. 1st class sign for).

It seems it's been an issue as a friend of mine had her appointment at NCS yesterday and they told her that UKBA blame NCS for not including the payment slips.

My NCS advisor however did in fact include the payment slip, but the UKBA keyed in my card details incorrectly, resulting in the payment being declined so I had to fill another one out - this time I photocopied my bank card lol.

Good luck!

David80a
Newly Registered

Post by David80a » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi katievoroncova,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I will do as you just said.

I thought I should send it to:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

It is good that I have the correct address from you.

I assume the address in your post is the one that was given by UKBA to send your payment slip to.

Thanks

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi,

Actually they did say to send it to The Capital, but I just sent it to the PO Box one and they debited the fee within 4 working days.

I don't think it matters which address you send it to that much - must end up in the same place!

Did they try to debit the payment from you and failed or did they say you didn't include the payment slip?

David80a
Newly Registered

Post by David80a » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 pm

To be honest I have not heard from UKBA yet.

It was my bank who I spoke to and said that the payment was declined.

I am just thinking to send the payment slip again and not to wait for HO letter, just to save time.

If they have asked you to send it to:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Then, I will do the same and send it to the same address.

Cheers

aarnav

Post by aarnav » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Same happened to me as well

I had shown my credit card &verified each & every digit with NCS Personnel

He had checked the payment slip & then sent in the application form

but then after few days got letter stating payment details aren't correct

Sent the same back again with 1st class signed for , been almost 10 days ,but no payment has been taken

Just hoping it goes through this time

julianavelez
Newly Registered

No acknowledge letter or payment after 2 and a half months.

Post by julianavelez » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:12 am

I applied for UK citizenship on May the 13th 2013 through the Nationality Checking Service. This was 2 months and a half ago and I still haven't received the acknowledge letter nor has the payment been taken. I have checked with Royal Mail and they delivered the application on May the 14th. I contacted the Home office and they said that the acknowledge letter was sent to me but for some reason couldn't be delivered and it was sent back to the home office. They advise me to write to UKBA and send the payment again for them to be able to process my application. It is a bit annoying as they said the address was not correct wich is not true. I live in flat C so I gave 111C bravington Road. No other company has problems delivering something to me apart from the Home Office. Yesterday I sent the payment with a covering letter explaining the situation. I hope this time the application goes through.

Derivaz

Re: No acknowledge letter or payment after 2 and a half mont

Post by Derivaz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Juliana

Did you finally get your acknowledgement letter? I applied on the 22nd, they received it on the 23rd and debited my account on the 26th, but no acknowledgement letter received so far...

What number/email did you use to contact the Home Office; they never answer the number they gave us via the NCS.

Regards

D

useless13
Newly Registered

Post by useless13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:18 pm

this payment delay is just deliberate. The workload is every increasing and one way around it is by delaying payment, for example incorrect numbers (by honest mistake?) or not doing it at all and sending out a letter, which can give them a few weeks.

Even using NCS, I would only suggest include a cheque. Even though for some people it all goes well, others are unlucky and are delayed as much as possible.

The UKBA has the worst ethics in the world, I think bankers are better than them.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:43 pm

useless13 wrote:this payment delay is just deliberate. The workload is every increasing and one way around it is by delaying payment, for example incorrect numbers (by honest mistake?) or not doing it at all and sending out a letter, which can give them a few weeks.

Even using NCS, I would only suggest include a cheque. Even though for some people it all goes well, others are unlucky and are delayed as much as possible.

The UKBA has the worst ethics in the world, I think bankers are better than them.
I ditto. They are legal robbers. There is absolutely no reason for charging so much for processing an application and again increasing fees every year and off course with shi**** service.

With the amount they charge, they can easily introduce a tracking service such as vfs do outside uk.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am

If I was the home secretary, I would charge £ 5000 for naturalisation. I would know that people will still pay. :idea:

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: No acknowledge letter or payment after 2 and a half mont

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am

julianavelez wrote:I applied for UK citizenship on May the 13th 2013 through the Nationality Checking Service. This was 2 months and a half ago and I still haven't received the acknowledge letter nor has the payment been taken. I have checked with Royal Mail and they delivered the application on May the 14th. I contacted the Home office and they said that the acknowledge letter was sent to me but for some reason couldn't be delivered and it was sent back to the home office. They advise me to write to UKBA and send the payment again for them to be able to process my application. It is a bit annoying as they said the address was not correct wich is not true. I live in flat C so I gave 111C bravington Road. No other company has problems delivering something to me apart from the Home Office. Yesterday I sent the payment with a covering letter explaining the situation. I hope this time the application goes through.
Home office does not have their own postmen to deliver mail. They just post it like anyone else would do. A new postman might not have worked out what 111C is and returned the letter as "undelivered address not correct.

If all the flats are listed as separate addresses with council then 111c will be correct. If only the building is listed as an address with the council, then the correct address format would be

111 abc street
flat C
xyz town
postcode

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:If I was the home secretary, I would charge £ 5000 for naturalisation. I would know that people will still pay. :idea:
that would be a bit too much, i think