ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:41 am

Well it can be but I'm not sure about it as long as u case in process anywhere u are legal in uk but not sure it comes or not as I suffered also last year my tier 4 visa refused but I went in appeal and for visa but when I got visa they gave me from the time of my last leave finished they didn't started from the date I won the appeal so I think it does consider and 10 years lr says if u are 10 years continues legally isn't it

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Samu140,

Are the funds in uk bank on your name from application date to till date?
What are all the documents attached to your application?

Regards,
samu140 wrote:hi.....everybody
Applied on 11/12/12
bio = 31/01/13
switching from tier 4 (200K rout)
received letter for interview today dated 16th april
Interview date : 30/05/13

my 10 years completing in comming september , very close ..
please share your experience. like after how many days the decision will be made?
incase I go to appeal (it is intime application) then any idea about waiting time ?
can I apply 28 days before due date etc
your feedback will help us all.

stay blesses

penny1012

Post by penny1012 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am

[quote="KaiserK"]Is this appeal process count in long residency???

Please read the new guidance, pg 25 Time awaiting a decision on an application or appeal.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Hope this helps.

samu140

Post by samu140 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 am

gardazi76 wrote:
samu140 wrote:hi.....everybody
Applied on 11/12/12
bio = 31/01/13
switching from tier 4 (200K rout)
received letter for interview today dated 16th april
Interview date : 30/05/13

my 10 years completing in comming september , very close ..
please share your experience. like after how many days the decision will be made?
incase I go to appeal (it is intime application) then any idea about waiting time ?
can I apply 28 days before due date etc
your feedback will help us all.

Yes all money in uk and third party account, but they not ask any thing to bring at interview.

stay blesses
hello

im also on the same boat u r but my 10 year will be sep 2015 plus i applied on 11th december same route u are but no interview date yet
any why where u going for the interview plus what is ur immigration history i mean what u did in past plus money here in uk or overseas
Keep Updating

samu140

Post by samu140 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 am

all money in uk and in third part account
I submit on the necessary doc. like affidavit, bank satement and lawer letter etc, I did't submit any business plane etc and even they not ask.

i come in 2003, student..to student ,,, to PSW .. to student and complete MSC
Keep Updating

ashar401
Newly Registered

Post by ashar401 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Very thankful to the immigrationboard community.This forum has really helped in assessing the changing situations and the updates on the visa application.

I am glad to share that after long waiting of 7 months, finally I received BRP card. Documents are on the way.

Details:
Applied under Teir-1 Entrepreneur Group D: 50K funds in UK

Applied on: 01 October 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 15 Oct 2012
Biometric details submission: 20 Oct 2012.
BRP card received on : 18 April 2013.

Good luck to all of you.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:25 pm

Congrats for your visa.

Before your visa approval , did you receive any query / interview call / new rules change letter from UK BA which most of the applicants received in March 2013.

Did you maintain the funds in third party account UK? did you maintain the funds till approval? Do you have any dependents applied along with you?

Sorry to ask more questions - but this would definitely help lot of people here to understand processing times.
ashar401 wrote:Very thankful to the immigrationboard community.This forum has really helped in assessing the changing situations and the updates on the visa application.

I am glad to share that after long waiting of 7 months, finally I received BRP card. Documents are on the way.

Details:

Good luck to all of you.

ashar401
Newly Registered

Post by ashar401 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 am

@ La,

I did receive the letter to maintain funds in the account as per new rules.
and therefore maintained funds in the bank account till I got the confirmation on visa.

No-dependents along with the application.

Hope this helps.
la wrote:Congrats for your visa.

Before your visa approval , did you receive any query / interview call / new rules change letter from UK BA which most of the applicants received in March 2013.

Did you maintain the funds in third party account UK? did you maintain the funds till approval? Do you have any dependents applied along with you?

Sorry to ask more questions - but this would definitely help lot of people here to understand processing times.
ashar401 wrote:Very thankful to the immigrationboard community.This forum has really helped in assessing the changing situations and the updates on the visa application.

Details:

Good luck to all of you.

yuva
Newly Registered

Visa Interview

Post by yuva » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 am

Hey Guys,

I attended my interview in Sheffield on 17th April. This is the story...

- Interviewer is not a case worker. It is someone who will ask you a set of questions, write down your answers and pass it on to the case worker.
- There will be an observer along with the case worker to study your reactions.
- Max. interview time is 45mins but I completed in 30mins
- Since the application is already in process, it won't take much time to know the outcome; I expect it will take 2-3 weeks
- They are interested in taking additional documents to prove the genuinity of the business; business plan is a must and anything to support the application would help
- This interview is only about business plan and nothing related to funding. Your knowledge of the business, market and your personal commitment into the business will be tested. As someone in the forum mentioned before, a good business plan is the answer to everything about the interview.

My solicitor gave me the below question set before the interview. Surprisingly, they asked questions only from this list and all the questions in the list. Interviewer will ensure you have answered all these questions. Just be confident and thorough and provide as much details as possible.

1) What was the last time you traveled to UK?
2) What was the last time you exited the UK?
3) What was the purpose of stay?
4) Do you have any relatives in the UK?
5) Who helped you put up the application?
6) How many consultants you consulted?
7) Who wrote the B.Plan?
8 ) What is your current occupation?
9) What is your position in the company?
10) What business does this company do(deals in)?
11) Who is funding your business?
12) What understanding do you have towards the investment with the investor?(what will you pay him in return)
13) Will the payment be paid before audited accounts or after?
14) When will you return the investment obviously its not given to you forever?
15) What is your business plan about? (explain the business)
16) Why this business?
17) Do you have any experience in the relevant field?
18 ) What part of UK do you intend to establish this business?
19) Why specifically this area why not somewhere else?
20) How many employees do you intend to recruit at the start of business?
21) What salaries and wages do you intend to pay them?
22) Will your premises require security?
23) What type of security? (CCTV or guard)
24) What will you pay the guard?
25) What will you pay the security company?
26) Do you require a manager for company ?
27) They don't come cheap what salary would you pay him?
28 ) Where did you come up with these figures?
29) What type of business premises you require?
30) What dimensions would your premises have?
31) Would you mortgage ,Lease, freehold or Rent it?
32) What is the Business rate , explain the business rate for your chosen business and area? (If it is your home office do you have to pay any other taxes?)
33) What sort of Insurance do you require for your business?
34) How much will be the Insurance?
35) How much will your utilities cost monthly and yearly?
36) Please state the break down of the utilities?(How much for what)
37) What is the running cost of your business?
38 ) Will you register your business?
39) Where and what bodies will you register your business with?
40) Will you register your company with companies house?
41) Would you then sell its shares to public and for how much?
42) What is high tax? (I didn't get this qn)
43) What is VAT threshold?
44) Your company requires movement of items?
45) How will you manage that?
46) What will you pay to logistics company?
47) Will you be importing and exporting goods?
48 ) How much is the freight to China from your nearest port?
49) What will you pay your freight company for transferring goods from your premises?
50) What will you for the container of 40ft to be sitting at delivery point?
51) How much business would you generate in first year?
52) This is a new business I take the forecast is assumptions rather then projections?
53) There is serious competition is the specified business area, there are people doing business brilliantly, What makes you think you will survive or thrive?
54) What advantage or edge would you have over them?
55) How would you purchase your goods?
56) Will you collect them?
57) How will you sell them offshore?
58 ) There are figures I cant understand, how have you come up with them, What do you have to say about that?
59) Where do you see Yourself/Business in three years time?
60) That is all for the interview, Do you intend to add something more to that?

If you have a solid business/plan and you can answer these questions then there should not be anything to worry. Just be cool and give it a go.

I guess I've provided the details comprehensively and I'm sure you can find out the answer for trivial questions that may arise after reading the post. If I think of anything important, I'll share it in the forum later.

Good luck with your interview and visa!

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:58 am

Hi Yuva,

Thanks for detail explanation. It is really useful information.

when did you apply for visa and when did you give your bio-metric ?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Ashar401,

Thanks for your info.

It seems you have given bio-metric on Nov-05-2012 but not on 20-October-2012 from earlier posts as shown below.Confused. Please confirm your exact application timeline details.

ashar401 wrote:@ La,

and therefore maintained funds in the bank account till I got the confirmation on visa.

Hope this helps.

Details:

Good luck to all of you.
Last edited by la on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

yuva
Newly Registered

Post by yuva » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:33 am

Nov 2nd week
la wrote:Hi Yuva,

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:27 am

yuva wrote:Nov 2nd week
la wrote:Hi Yuva,

Is that date on which you have applied / have given biometrics ? could you please give both dates?

samu140

interviw

Post by samu140 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi
I received a interview letter for end of may, they do not ask any documents,
at the time of application I only provide satetment, third party afidavir and solicitor's letter etc.
SO what you people suggest should I prepare the Business plan etc or what?
Keep Updating

gardazi76

Re: interviw

Post by gardazi76 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 pm

samu140 wrote:Hi
I received a interview letter for end of may, they do not ask any documents,
at the time of application I only provide satetment, third party afidavir and solicitor's letter etc.
SO what you people suggest should I prepare the Business plan etc or what?
hello

this was the change on 31st jan

Over the next 4 weeks, we will be writing to all applicants who applied before 31 January 2013 to you to explain how the changes will affect you and what steps you will need to take to continue your application. We may need additional information from you to process your application.

We may ask you to:

provide additional information, for example business plans and evidence of market research, to confirm the genuineness of your application; and
demonstrate that you continue to have access to the funds ahead of them being invested in a UK business. You may have moved money into your business in the meantime. If so, you will need to provide the business accounts or accountant certificate showing that you have invested the funds in the business, together with the updated evidence of any remaining monies to make up your full investment.

so that mean u need to prepare for this try getting the papers done i mean statment and affidavite in new affidavite put an other line that money will be available to u until its been used in the business in uk

plus business plan also im also trying to make one even though its stupid for asking this stupid things now as first of all my studies finished in octuber applied for tier 1 in december after that i got so many thing in mind what to to do but dont know what they want as still i can invest until i know whats going on with the visa

samu140

Re: interviw

Post by samu140 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Thankks gardezi76

Yes i can prepare them, but "they may ask" mean when they ask then we can provide them later. actually as I told before my 10 years completing in mid september and I want to prolong ... the process.
have you any idea about the timeline between interview and decision . plz update
thanks
Keep Updating

gardazi76

Post by gardazi76 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:49 pm

hello

yes i know u told me u can prolong the case but u know ukba first of all they might be checking u more as u intend to do business here or invest money in uk as they must have seen that u might get some more time to go for ilr

u know what i think u did a bit mistake to go for tier 1 u could have got admisiion in uni for further stay anyway

i read the guidance u can add the time of appeal in the ilr but u have to submit the case referance in the application

so what u do as bussiness in uk or planning to do it

ashar401
Newly Registered

Post by ashar401 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 am

@La,

Thanks, I have checked the records and the latest one is the right one.

I have corrected it in previous post

Thanks,
ashar401 wrote:@ La,

Hope this helps.

Details:

Good luck to all of you.
[/quote]

rizmir

Post by rizmir » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi

Dnt agree with gardazi76 that as u r approaching to 10 years so u shud hve taken admission to uni
UNi wud hve cost u more normal fee is 14000 and maintenance as well
So no point to pay such a huge amount to cover ur few months of 10 years

ANd more above u experienced as well that they took almost near a year r so u wud hve paid 14 or 15000 in the mean time aso I appreciate that u took entrepreneur step
Rizmir

jeez
Newly Registered

Visa refused

Post by jeez » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Applied on 23, Oct, 2012.

My Application is refused on the basis of following points:

1) Self employed letter was not attached.

Answer: I have attached original welcome letter of HM Revenue and customs as self-employed, now you see how silly temporary workers are.

2) Confirm the name of each third party and their contact details, including their full address including postal code, land-line phone number and any email address.
Case worker said, the letter you have provided from Halifax does not confirm all of the above as listed at paragraph 41-SD (a)(i).

Answer: I have provided third party information on the declaration document, as bank cannot provide this details. However, bank letter from third party shows his balance, name and full address clearly mentioned including bank statement.

3)One or more contracts showing trading, the contract you supplied does not give the telephone number of the other party involved and you therefore do not meet the requirements at paragraph 41-SD(c)(iv) of the Immigration rules.

Answer: I have applied on 23rd Oct, 2012 and at the time contact number was not required because rules changes after 31 January, However I have provided all business details but telephone number was missing. I am going in appeal; I will provide land-line number in trading contract.

Please suggest me more points which make my appeal successful, all type of comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Jeez

clamrox
Newly Registered

Interview request response

Post by clamrox » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello,
I received an appointment letter for an interview. I sent my response that I will attend.
I was curious if the UKBA assert back with a confirmation email?

lacky
Newly Registered

Re: Interview request response

Post by lacky » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 pm

clamrox wrote:Hello,
I received an appointment letter for an interview. I sent my response that I will attend.
I was curious if the UKBA assert back with a confirmation email?
Hi clamrox,

could you please let us know applied date and bio-metric given date details?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Visa refused

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Contact number was to be mentioned even if you applied before 31 Jan 13. It is in the guideline from the very first day (5 April 13)
jeez wrote:Applied on 23, Oct, 2012.

Answer: I have applied on 23rd Oct, 2012 and at the time contact number was not required because rules changes after 31 January, However I have provided all business details but telephone number was missing. I am going in appeal; I will provide land-line number in trading contract.

Please suggest me more points which make my appeal successful, all type of comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Jeez

clamrox
Newly Registered

Re: Interview request response

Post by clamrox » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm

@lacky

Application: 18th December, 2013
Bio metric: 23rd January, 2013

adkh2_1

Entrepreneur Visa Question

Post by adkh2_1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Guys,

i am here on ILR...currently looking to start a IT tech business..where as funding of this will be provided by my dad who is currently living abroad.

my question is can my dad apply for Entrepreneur Visa ? since he is going to be providing all the funding ?

Thanks in advance for your help..
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....