ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kumas12
Newly Registered

Re: re Travel Document processing time

Post by kumas12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:42 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
viglen210 wrote:I don not think there is anything you can do but to wait.
Any Good news from Home Office about Travel Document. Its seems to me the home office improved the set protection route application processing. Should they improved the TRAVEL DOCUMENT processing time as well because I have long waited for ILR Stage and now We are again waiting for travel document I don`t know how long we will waiting again for travel document
best wishes
babe khyber[/quote alhamdulilah i receive my travel dockment this moring

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:57 pm

kumas12 wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Any Good news from Home Office about Travel Document. Its seems to me the home office improved the set protection route application processing. Should they improved the TRAVEL DOCUMENT processing time as well because I have long waited for ILR Stage and now We are again waiting for travel document I don`t know how long we will waiting again for travel document
best wishes
babe khyber[/quote alhamdulilah i receive my travel dockment this moring
Congratulation Kumas12 for receiving TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please share us your timeline when you applied?
best wishes for your future
babe khyber

kumas12
Newly Registered

Post by kumas12 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 am

my time line application send 5/3/13 payment takein 8/3/13/ acknowledge letter 15/3/13 travel document receving 8/4/13 alhamdulilah was so quick

alex68

Post by alex68 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 am

alex68 wrote:Hi :D
my application delivered to the UKBA 26/Sep/2012
after receiving the ILR ( BRP)
until today 14/March/2013 nothing at all?????
call the 08706067766 so many times
always gave me the same answer (you need to wait)
MP involved but no deference
any advice please?????
finally today the new travel document arrived after 6 months and 20 days

Longwait123
Newly Registered

Post by Longwait123 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:52 pm

alex68 wrote:
alex68 wrote:Hi :D
my application delivered to the UKBA 26/Sep/2012
after receiving the ILR ( BRP)
until today 14/March/2013 nothing at all?????
call the 08706067766 so many times
always gave me the same answer (you need to wait)
MP involved but no deference
any advice please?????
finally today the new travel document arrived after 6 months and 20 days

Did they call you or they just sent you without calling?

I am still waiting its been 9 months!!!!!
Congr

Io23
Newly Registered

Post by Io23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:19 pm

I am sick of this! I have been waiting for 11 months now and then I see some people get it after one month... How is that possible? Shouldn't they finish the oldest applications first? I don't understand the logic of this country...

In those 11 months I couldn't work, couldn't go to school,... My life had been standing still! All i can do is sit around at home and wait!!

I have tried calling some numbers but have neer actually been able to speak to someone else than a computer!! I have also sent them a letter and guess what?? No answer!!!

I dont know what i can do know! Do you guys think something went wrong? Because i am seriously thinking just to ask my status document back and cancel the whole thing... I am stuck... Please help!

alex68

Post by alex68 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

without calling.....
the issue date is 15/04
I call them 16/04 and the answer was >>(keep waiting nothing in the system)

They don't care abt us
Newly Registered

Are they serious??

Post by They don't care abt us » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:05 am

Application timeline:
Application posted 24/01/2013 via post
Acknowledgement of receipt: 25/01/2013
Payment debit: (cheque): 01/02/2013
Still waiting to hear from ukba
By the looks of it I suppose my application is far from being issued anytime soon so ill just wait for this month to finish, then ill call just call them to cancel it.
Do they know they dealing with human beings?? Putting people's lives on hold, like they are not worth living.
I am just wondering if they would appreciate this to be done to them. ( they always fast to take money from you)

alex_shvjac

UKBA don't care

Post by alex_shvjac » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 pm

After 3 months wait I decided to call them today. The lady on the other line didn't even bother taking my reference number. After I have told her that my call is TD related she told me to keep waiting. I said that website states 70 working days timescale, but she said that it is only approximate figure and I have to wait at least 6 months before I can get any advise.
I wrote the letter to local MP, if this doesn't help, I will have to wait and see but I suppose no holiday for my kids this year, no descent life, no nothing.
good luck to you all.

Io23
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA don't care

Post by Io23 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:50 pm

alex_shvjac wrote:After 3 months wait I decided to call them today. The lady on the other line didn't even bother taking my reference number. After I have told her that my call is TD related she told me to keep waiting. I said that website states 70 working days timescale, but she said that it is only approximate figure and I have to wait at least 6 months before I can get any advise.
I wrote the letter to local MP, if this doesn't help, I will have to wait and see but I suppose no holiday for my kids this year, no descent life, no nothing.
good luck to you all.
I am so sorry to hear that alex but don't lose faith... You can see some people got it after a month or two... I wish you lots of luck and hope you won't get the same like me... May I ask you which number you called? I can't find any number with a real person... Just computer voices... It is true that you can just contact them after 6 months.. If you want to speed up your application you can contact a lawyer that works pro bono.. U can ask in the citizen advice bureau for this if i am not mistaken... Maybe your children can get the holiday ten they deserve :)

rukia888

still waiting.

Post by rukia888 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 am

Sent off application: 28/1/13
Payment method: cheque (the took the money out on the 30/1/13)
Acknowledgement letter: 11/2/13 (I think sometime around that week) sorry I don't have the actual date on me.
Processing time: still waiting
One of our members who sent his/her travel document off two weeks before me got her one back 3/weeks ago but I'm still waiting for mine.
Rang up HO but they said we can't give you any answer as it not up to 70 days yet....

Good luck everyone

Unique2013
Newly Registered

Post by Unique2013 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:24 am

Hey,

My husband sent the application on the 2/2/13 , got acknowledgement letter on the 11th feb (same like you, rukia888) and he received his TD this week!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Padsy

Post by Padsy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 am

Same as long wait I've been waiting nearly 9 months this is not on at all!!!

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Unique2013 wrote:Hey,

My husband sent the application on the 2/2/13 , got acknowledgement letter on the 11th feb (same like you, rukia888) and he received his TD this week!!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hiya. Really? Congratulation :) So happy for everyone who got their TD back. I really hope I will hear some good new from them soon. Don't know what taking them so long

Good luCK to everyone who's still waiting :)

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:02 pm

babe_khyber wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
best wishes
babe khyber
Hi guys, Today I heard some critical news. about ESOL and LIFE IN THE UK TEST Both will be requirement for naturalisation after October 2013.but what this mean,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... providers/
its not fair but what can we will do.
babe khyber

Hiya, does it mention anything about what level of ESOL do we need for citizenship? And does it matter if my name on the certificate is different? Because I didn't think before when I was in college. The college used the name everyone called me instead of my real name. I'm scared I might loose the qualication and have to re do everything again.
Thank you

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi everyone. Hope you all well. rang the HO up just now and guess what she said to me? She said I need to get my finger print done again even though I did it already. And when I told her that some1 I know didn't have to she said no she never heard of any case like that before. So stupid n not helpful. She said that I am the 2% that left and she can't update anything progress for me.
Then she said I have to FAX to them if I need to get it back or just have to wait around.
Any good new from anyone?

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm

is it your first TD? how long have you been waiting?

I have been waiting for nearly 9 months.

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 pm

the issue with biometric could be true as it looks they may have lost some data when they upgraded the system back in July. still a claim though.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:17 pm

But they didn't send me anything to re do the finger prints n just told me to FAX them n wait... she didn't say anything about they lost some information or anything just said because it is due to the Biometrics policies started last year in Feb. .. guess I will have to FAX them n wait...
Good luck everyone

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi everyone!

rukia I read your post and found it very strange, I mean the fact of them saying that you need to do biometrics again. Don't you think this was a sort of mistake. Most of people on this forum in the same position and some got their TD anyway.
Is there any news since your last post in here? I have applied at the same time as you 29.01.13 Don't know if i need to contact them

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi everyone!

rukia I read your post and found it very strange, I mean the fact of them saying that you need to do biometrics again. Don't you think this was a sort of mistake. Most of people on this forum in the same position and some got their TD anyway.
Is there any news since your last post in here? I have applied at the same time as you 29.01.13 Don't know if i need to contact them
Hi tab0287

I think the woman who answered the phone didn't know what she talking about because when I mention mirna situation she said she never heard of that before. She said Biometrics for settlement n Biometrics for TD are two different thing so I might need to do the Biometrics enrollment again. She wasn't sure 100% sure. But I know u only need to do Biometrics if you haven't done it before. So confusing. I asked if there is anyway to check to see what's status of my application she said no. Not if it is less 6 months old :O
I think they will give you the same answer when u contact them though.
I just hope we will get our TD back soon.

:(
Last edited by rukia888 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 pm

viglen210 wrote:is it your first TD? how long have you been waiting?

I have been waiting for nearly 9 months.
Hi viglen210

I applied on the 28/Jan/13 nearly 3 months but still no new from them part from the acknowledgment letter. This will be my second TD
Don't know why it takes so long this time even though I only Want tto renew.
Is it ur first TD ?

Longwait123
Newly Registered

Post by Longwait123 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi everyone

It's been 10 months now still no answer every time I call they says wait the ukba will call you.

I think those apply first TD only get quick coz most people who waiting long are renew TD..........are guys applied second time???

tab0287
Newly Registered

Post by tab0287 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Rukia thank you for the quick response. I guess you right, there is no point of calling them and getting another confusing answer.
Please keep us informed whatever news you get. At times you feel stressed and hopeless. It helps to read posts from people in your situation, who can understand better what it feels like waiting for all these years, full of strain and insecurity.

I wish everyone success with their TDs!!!

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:53 pm

I do not think that it makes any difference if it is the first or second TD. It looks like the UKBA TD staff are asleep or busy sorting out other outstanding applications in other departments.

I think the best option is to complain now. This is my next step. If all of us (those waiting 6+ months) send letters complaining, we may have the conveyer belt moving again.