ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time frame for FLR(S) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Benz
Newly Registered

Post by Benz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Hello all, I am a newbie here. I have submitted an extension to my student visa which expired on 31 Oct 06, including my wife's and baby. Two wks before this, I called HO for an appointment date, but sadly they had no more slots until up to 2wks after my visa expired. Hence, I had to send my application through Special Delivery post, although, honestly saying I was really hesistant to do this.
A couple of days later they sent me an acknowledgement letter saying that they have received it and it's passed to a caseworker unit.
The probelm I am having is that I need to go back to my home country (in this case Indonesia) for christmas as well as for a family wedding ceremony. Im departing on 17 Dec 06. I am really much concern as there's no progress on my application.
I have already enclosed a cover letter stating my situation plus I enclosed my original e-tickets as a prove.
I have been calling HO for the last 2 wks, and still got the same anwer saying "Your application is still being considered by a case worker - just be patient".
Hence, I am just wondering whether any of you have any suggestions or advice of any kind for me. Greatly appreciated.

P.S. If I retrieve my passports, then I don't know whats going to happen if I apply in Jakarta as this is approaching xmas time.

antontony

Post by antontony » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:15 am

Hello,

If you request the HO to return your passport your application will be deemed as withdrawn/refused.

You may still get a new visa back home, but will it be easy ?

Normally, if you now send them a fax with a copy of your ticket and mention that you have got urgent travel plans - it may work.

Normally the student's applications are considered within 4 weeks' time.

Benz
Newly Registered

Thx

Post by Benz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:28 am

Thx. I will try ur suggestion then. In fact, in my earlier application pack, i have included a cover letter and my original e-ticket. I will fax them anyway. Thx for ur suggestion.

KatyKate
Newly Registered

Post by KatyKate » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi

Was wondering when/if you got your passport returned??

Thanks

Kate