ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting date of the qualifying period for IRL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cisco3181

Starting date of the qualifying period for IRL

Post by cisco3181 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 am

Hello,

I hold a Tier 1 (General) visa since Aug 2008, and I am planning to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)in UK this year, as I am approaching the required 5 years of minimum stay before I qualify to apply for ILR.

I would like to request information about my “starting date of the qualifying period”.

My entry to UK information is as follows:-

Tier 1 General visa valid from date – 21/08/2008

Entry to UK (physically arrived in UK) on the Tier 1 General visa on - 15/09/2008

As you can see there is a gap of only 25 days between the date I was granted entry clearance based on Tier 1 General visa, and my actual entry to UK.

My question is, could I consider 21/08/2008 (my entry clearance date, i.e. Tier 1 General visa valid from date) as my “starting date of the qualifying period” for applying for ILR?

I will be applying in person so I need to know the dates quite precisely, any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:21 pm

As per the current rule since you entered UK with in 90 days from EC stamp date you can start counting your 5 years from your EC stamp date , in your casue which is 21/08/2008,

Hope this helps,

Some further reading for you regrding this,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

--------------
-------Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional or Legal advice where necessary.