ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO Application Experience

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M2008

PIO Application Experience

Post by M2008 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

I like to share PIO experience at Indian Embassy London.

Application for 7th Month old baby born in UK. (Without Indian passport)

Reached there at 7:30 AM and there was long queue already with 50 in front of me. They started giving tokens at 8:30 AM and luckily I am the first for PIO application. PIO counter opened at 9:30 AM and application processed in just 10 mins and they told you will receive PIO card in 4 weeks

Original Documents Submitted

1. Application form
2. 4 passport size photos of baby
3. Full Version Birth Certificate of baby
4. British citizen registration Certificate
5. British Passport of Baby
6. Passports of both parents (only front and back pages are enough for Copy)
7. ILR BRP cards of both parents
8. Marriage Certificate
9. fee of £112 (cash)
10. Self addressed next delivery envelope (optional)

Please take photocopy of above including application form.
Please note: Baby thumb impression is required on application; parent can sign application and no need take baby to Embassy.

kv1234
Newly Registered

Post by kv1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

M2008, Can you please advise how many days did it take to get the PIO card?

M2008

Post by M2008 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:21 pm

kv1234 wrote:M2008, Can you please advise how many days did it take to get the PIO card?
Suppose to receive on 26th March. Not yet received. Tried to call on their number, no one picks up. I have sent email to them, no idea when they will reply.

Did you applied and any update?

kv1234
Newly Registered

Post by kv1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks M2008.

Considering that they will send it before 4 weeks, I thought you should have already got it by now.

No, I haven't applied. I am thinking whether to apply PIO or go for visiting visa for the time being.

Please update once you reach it... I am interested to know how many days they are taking.

M2008

Post by M2008 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 pm

kv1234 wrote:Thanks M2008.

Considering that they will send it before 4 weeks, I thought you should have already got it by now.

No, I haven't applied. I am thinking whether to apply PIO or go for visiting visa for the time being.

Please update once you reach it... I am interested to know how many days they are taking.
Just got delivered today (30th March)

kv1234
Newly Registered

Post by kv1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks a lot M2008.

I have got the my kid birth certificates. But, can you please advise what is ' British citizen registration Certificate'? Please advise from how do I need to apply for it?

M2008

Post by M2008 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:18 pm

kv1234 wrote:Thanks a lot M2008.

I have got the my kid birth certificates. But, can you please advise what is ' British citizen registration Certificate'? Please advise from how do I need to apply for it?
Fyi..

you can find payment form in Guide MN1
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

Fee:£551
NCS: they charge £30, they will verify you application and take copy of originals and you can keep original with you.To get this service, check your local council website or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... locations/

Documents:
1. Filled application form
2. one photo attached to application.
3. Passports of both parents
4. BRP card of both parents
5. Marriage certificate.
6. Child birth certificate

Timeline: Around 1 Month

Hope above helps you.

kv1234
Newly Registered

Post by kv1234 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks a lot M2008.

007honnu
Newly Registered

Post by 007honnu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks a lot M2008 for useful info here.I am in the same situation as you and I need to apply PIO for my daughter.

BUt i am not sure If i need to get the british citizen registration certificate for her to apply for PIO.Can some one please confirm if british citizen registration certificate is a must?? :shock:

kv1234
Newly Registered

Post by kv1234 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm

M2008,
My son got was born after I got ILR. So, I didn't need to apply for British citizen registration Certificate; so I took British passport for him directly. I think I don't need to take 'British citizen registration Certificate ' when I go for PIO for my Son. Please advise am I correct?

Also, can you please advise did the Indian Embassy London returned the original docs like Full Version Birth Certificate, Passports of both parents, BRP card etc immediately to you after they verified them? Or did they post them back to you along with the PIO card?

longresidence

Re: PIO Application Experience

Post by longresidence » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

M2008 wrote:I like to share PIO experience at Indian Embassy London.

Application for 7th Month old baby born in UK. (Without Indian passport)

Reached there at 7:30 AM and there was long queue already with 50 in front of me. They started giving tokens at 8:30 AM and luckily I am the first for PIO application. PIO counter opened at 9:30 AM and application processed in just 10 mins and they told you will receive PIO card in 4 weeks

Original Documents Submitted

1. Application form
2. 4 passport size photos of baby
3. Full Version Birth Certificate of baby
4. British citizen registration Certificate
5. British Passport of Baby
6. Passports of both parents (only front and back pages are enough for Copy)
7. ILR BRP cards of both parents
8. Marriage Certificate
9. fee of £112 (cash)
10. Self addressed next delivery envelope (optional)

Please take photocopy of above including application form.
Please note: Baby thumb impression is required on application; parent can sign application and no need take baby to Embassy.

Hello mate,

Nice to hear that u got PIO for ur baby, congrats. I am in the same process to apply PIO for my baby boy who is 15 months old now. I wanted to know more information about my queries before I apply, if u can please get back to me on the below queries that would be much helpful for my process.

1)I am on ILR, and my wife is on FLRM, planning to apply her on ILR soon.
2) Recently my child got his British passport.
3) we are planning to go to india end of july or 1st week of August.
4) I am in dilemma what visa I can apply for my child, whether time being any tourist visa, long term visa or PIO
5) For PIO, is my child eligible to apply?
6) how long does it take to get PIO?

I dont understand by seeing the high commission website that, they are asking me to surrender any passport. As this PIO application is for my child only. And my child only got his British passport, I didn't have indian passport. In that case, how would and what would I surrender, I am really confused. Could please tell me what u have done in ur case for ur child.

7) they will only need copies of parents passport? what about BRP? do they need photo copies of parents BRP's?

8)BRP, British passport, Marriage certificate, Child birth certificate, Child naturalisation certificate, these all must be in original? And these all have to be submitted along with the PIO form? Or do they give them back once they check it at the counter on the same day.?

I request you to please clear my above queries n let me know if I need anything with respect to the PIO application for my baby, I really appreciate ur time and advice mate.

Big Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

z18runway

Re: PIO Application Experience

Post by z18runway » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Hello mate,

Nice to hear that u got PIO for ur baby, congrats. I am in the same process to apply PIO for my baby boy who is 15 months old now. I wanted to know more information about my queries before I apply, if u can please get back to me on the below queries that would be much helpful for my process.

1)I am on ILR, and my wife is on FLRM, planning to apply her on ILR soon.
2) Recently my child got his British passport.
3) we are planning to go to india end of july or 1st week of August.
4) I am in dilemma what visa I can apply for my child, whether time being any tourist visa, long term visa or PIO
5) For PIO, is my child eligible to apply?
6) how long does it take to get PIO?

I dont understand by seeing the high commission website that, they are asking me to surrender any passport. As this PIO application is for my child only. And my child only got his British passport, I didn't have indian passport. In that case, how would and what would I surrender, I am really confused. Could please tell me what u have done in ur case for ur child.

7) they will only need copies of parents passport? what about BRP? do they need photo copies of parents BRP's?

8)BRP, British passport, Marriage certificate, Child birth certificate, Child naturalisation certificate, these all must be in original? And these all have to be submitted along with the PIO form? Or do they give them back once they check it at the counter on the same day.?

I request you to please clear my above queries n let me know if I need anything with respect to the PIO application for my baby, I really appreciate ur time and advice mate.

Big Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Iam in exact situation as yours.

Please tell me did M2008 PM you, or have you got any advise from other members ?

I have emailed VFS and HCI, so if they get back to me, i will post it here.